Valencia

By Emna_BH

[currently being edited and re-written] She went away to heal her scars, but instead, she came back with new... More

Dedication
The beginning
C h a p t e r 1: Coming back home
C h a p t e r 2: Surprise!
C h a p t e r 3: A cigar
C h a p t e r 4: I despise you
C h a p t e r 5: I lov-
C h a p t e r 6: Her file is protected.
C h a p t e r 7: A cellular
C h a p t e r 8: A paper
C h a p t e r 9: Don't tell Zack
C h a p t e r 10: The beach
C h a p t e r 11: The mission
C h a p t e r 12: Don't hurt her
C h a p t e r 13: You're the reason
C h a p t e r 14: Drained of all colour
C h a p t e r 15: A murder V
C h a p t e r 16: Innocent murderer
C h a p t e r 17: He was a good man
C h a p t e r 18:unhealed
C h a p t e r 19: Pain Facing Sorrow
C h a p t e r 20: What's that?
C h a p t e r 21: Owned2L
C h a p t e r 22: A musical day
Not A Chapter BUT
C h a p t e r 23:What The Hell Is This?
C h a p t e r 24: Like the bird
C h a p t e r 25: Smile
C h a p t e r 26: Poor Girl.
C h a p t e r 27: Envelope
C h a p t e r 28: Bad News
C h a p t e r 29: Familiar
C h a p t e r 30: I Deserve To Know
C h a p t e r 31: Her Decisions
C h a p t e r 32: One Sheep
C h a p t e r 33: Priorities
C h a p t e r 35: The Court ii
C h a p t e r 36:Man Down
C h a p t e r 37: Agony
C h a p t e r38: The Crown
C h a p t e r 39: Thorn
C h a p t e r 40: Innocence
C h a p t e r 41: No Escape
C ha p t e r 42: Tears
C h a p t e r 43: Never Forget
C h a p t e r 44: Washing Sins
C h a p t e r 45: Remember.
C h a p t e r 46: Him.
C h a p t e r 47: It's Been A Long Time
C h a p t e r 48: Who Are You?
C h a p t e r 49: Revealing
C h a p t e r 50: The Beginning Of The End
C h a p t e r 51: Forgotten Memories
C h a p t e r 52: Forever
ACKNOWLEDGMENT

C h a p t e r 34: The Court

52 5 4
By Emna_BH

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on:

Twitter Emna_B_H.

Ask.fm Emnabm2

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 34: The Court.

Not everything goes the way we want, and not everyone will stay by our sides forever. Sometimes, a tender wind blow may blow away the happiness within, a word can shatter dreams and hopes, a lie can bury souls and a secret can damage lives.

It was the day Declan will stand in front of people; a judge, a crashed crush, lawyers and others.

It was the day Valencia waited for so she can get out of the disgusting cell.

The previous days passed so slowly, so much tension and doubts, but Valencia believed, she believed she will be sent home this day.

Zack wasn't feeling well, his stomach was aching and he felt like throwing up since he woke up. He wore a jacket with shivering hands, looked at himself in the mirror and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He wasn't ready, to see his sister standing in front of a judge, being accused of murder. He just wanted to lie on the couch with his sister next to him, watching a movie, forgetting all the stress that was running through their veins, forgetting their conflicts and the pain they kept digging for.

Drake was observing Thomas who was running through his documents massively, shaking his legs. Stress has worn them all like skin, unsteady thoughts and tired minds.

"Let's get her the fuck out of there," Drake whispered, wearing his tie and fixing his jacket.

"Let's hope for the best, I couldn't come up with what they can use in order to prove she's guilty, but also I can't come up with evidence to prove her innocence, this case is really stupid to even exist" Thomas sighed, passing his hand through his hair. In the past few days, he met with Valencia and he promised her that tonight she'll be sleeping in her bed. He told her to leave it all to him.

I believe in you guys. She thought, walking in the court's hall.

"Kylie!" Valencia cried as she watched her friend use her body to shield her. Seeing the bullet going through her head, her body falling cold immediately, made her feel unsteady for a while as she heard Drake's yells for her to move.

"It's not the time to doze off! Valencia and Kylie move it," as he was shouting that, his eyes followed where Valencia was looking and his heart fell out cold.

She looked at him as he froze in his spot, looking as if he was the one who got killed. She listened to the chaos behind her, feeling home more than ever for the first time, feeling that she deserves to be in that place. Guilt started scratching her soul and for a while, she imagined how happy the world would be if she was the one dead.

But it wasn't the right time; she leaned and carried her friend on her back. The weight was hurting her back but she didn't care. She passed next to Declan, tears slipping on her cheeks, as she whispered a sorry that came out more like a whimper. Her friend's blood was now sliding down Valencia's neck and back as if it was her own. She didn't want to focus on that, or the pain, not yet. That's when Drake seemed to gain his conscious back and started running again, surpassing Valencia, leaving the sight that ruined him behind, unable to look at what used to make his heart beat, dead, with no beating heart.

He didn't get enough of her yet. He didn't get to love her more, kiss her stronger, hear her laughter awhile longer, hug her tighter, tell her again and again how special she is.... How special she was.

"It's not time yet to let go of this memory, but I promised you, and I can see why you cared a lot about me keeping my promise. I'm doing this for you." Drake muttered under his breath, looking at her picture on the wall.

Everyone was walking to the court. With every step, their legs took one step closer to betray them. Getting in there will make a lot of things clear, will possibly show who is behind this.

Valencia sat on her seat, trying to keep her expression impassive as much as she can. On her left, there was Arthur's wife. Her lawyer was already there, and it didn't take long before Thomas got in followed by Drake.

Thomas kept a serious look while Drake smiled softly to Valencia and sat behind her where guests can sit as Thomas sat next to her.

People were getting in one by one, and Valencia started to lose focus on them and focusing more on thinking about what may happen.

After a while, the bailiff who was standing next to the judge's seat spoke out loud:" All rise. The court of the murder of Arthur King is now in session, the honourable judge James Kenny presiding", the judge and jury got in and everyone went silent.

The judge cleared his throat and said:" Everyone but the jury may be seated. ... The prosecution must prove that a crime was committed and that the defendant is the person who committed the crime."

Valencia's body tensed as she felt everything is so close to being destroyed or saved.

"I'd like to give the first words to the lawyer from this side." The judges said, directing to the lawyer from the other side.

He stood up, hiding a smirk, started to speak:" Hello your honour, dear jury. I'd like to start by reminding each other of who is Arthur King. He is a man of principles, a loving husband, newly married one, a nice neighbour and a friendly person. This soul was killed mercilessly by Valencia David. All evidence is against her." He moved the paper in front of him and continued:" Dear judge, let's start with the first evidence. As we looked legally through her files, we figured she has a criminal record in many fields. To be honest, I'm kind of impressed to see a young girl with a record like this one. Here's a copy of her files your honour."

The judge passed his eyes through the file in front of him then spoke calmly:" I see... please proceed."

The lawyer walked away from the table and walked until he faced the jury, then turned to look at the judge:" You know you honour, the DNA report showed that there was a hair of hers in the crime scene, I know this wasn't talked about but we preferred to keep it a secret, you know we wouldn't like to put Mrs.King in danger of any kind."

Thomas was feeling furious. He stood up and exclaimed, trying his best not to yell:" Objection! We were told that there was nothing except his body. Also, may I see the medical report?"

The man smiled and walked to his table and grabbed a paper. "This is the evidence, also after looking through the place for days we found it, I mean it's one hair, it's a miracle that we found it."

"That's bullshit!" Drake yelled, standing up.

The judge hit the table with his gavel stock.

"I demand silence or you'll be out of the courtroom."

"As I was saying, your honour, there are already some actual proves to show she committed the murder. I just want to add that a lot of people saw her that day looking dazed off and with dirty clothes. I have no evidence for that though." He went back to his sit and thanked the judge for listening.

The judge spoke after a while asking Thomas to speak up.

He was so stressed out, the other lawyer made it so hard for him. There was so many fake information and he didn't know how to oppose any of them.

"At first I want to welcome you dear judge and dear jury. Well, I want you to look at what he said from our perspective as humans, for the criminal record, they were minor things any teenager can fall into, we can't judge someone by their past especially when the victim had no choice in it. Also, Valencia David was away from home for like three years and I'm sure she has other things to do other than killing a man who only did well to her previously. As for the hair, your honour I hope you won't take it into consideration because let's be real, it can be out there due to many reasons, even the wind might bring it; it's an invalid evidence." He paused for few seconds, directing to the cops in there to get him then he continued again: "Also I'd like to call our witness, who is our main evidence that Valencia wasn't even there the day of the murder."

As he said that, Declan got in and the judge spoke up:" Will the witness please stand to be sworn in by the bailiff." Declan stood up and the bailiff looked at him and said "Please raise your right hand. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

Declan looked at him unsure, but then when his eyes led on Dylan, he whispered:" I swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth"

The judge asked, checking his papers:" Were you with the suspect Miss. Valencia David the day of murder as the report says."

There was deadly silence and Declan only wished earth could swallow him in that moment. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, preparing himself for the weight he's going to carry through all his life.

I won't be lying anyway, their report is wrong, I wasn't with her the day the murder actually happened.

"No, I was not. My statement was said under pressure due to some threatening I received from Valencia David's side. I wasn't with her in the murder period."

***

IT ACTUALLY STARTED!

NOW IT'S GONNA GET MESSY AND IT MEANS WE'RE, again, ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE END!!

Prepare yourselves! ♥

Thank you for voting and reading so far, we're 668 reads away from 10k ♥

Love you,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 1.4K 40
Have you ever encountered mad love? No, not the kind with butterflies in your belly and a sweet thrill, or even the relationship between two loving h...
53.3K 3K 49
Highest rank #16 on 11/12/16 I clutched his leg as he turned to go. "You had me enough times that you don't want me anymore" I strugg...
10.4K 510 21
Let's once again indulge in the world of Serilda for one last time. Let the pain be there Let the hope come Let the love flourish Let the truth come...
2.3K 85 56
Introducing you to the land of the lawless... What would happen if murderers never got caught? If people gave free rein to their emotions and temptat...