The Alpha's Angel

By Angie8177

When spirited Angel, Hannah is cast down from the heavens for her disobedience, she stumbles into the path of... More

Note to reader
Intro
Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Update
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Hey!!!
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 14

4.9K 331 14
By Angie8177

He wanted to lunge and change into full form to rip Dantes throat out. But he couldn't risk being exposed.

"Well...well...well, What do we have here?" Dante turned her around to face him. He blatantly ignored the savage growls echoing from the parking lot as he peered fixated at her.

"Let. Her. Go!" Maddox stepped close. Claws drawn.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk." Dante teased. " Is that anyway to treat a friend." he smiled menacingly at Maddox before returning his gaze to Hannah.

"We are not friends," Maddox shook his head.

"Hmmm so you say," he sighed with disinterest; tantalized by Hannah.

She shivered in his hold as he glided his cold finger down the side of her cheek. Her breathing came out in spurts as she tried to calm her sobs from what the horrible man had said to her inside the mall.

He caught her tear and gently held her chin up to gaze down at her.

"You are a very beautiful creature," he said huskily. He angled his head the side, deep in an admiring stare as he grazed her cheek and the softness of her hair.

With mute captivation, she stood still before him. Never has she seen anyone like him. His masculine beauty was ...porcelain-like. As if it were frozen in time. He indeed was not human, she definitely sensed it and could see it... but he was not like her male either.

"Thank you," she said, politely entranced by his features.

His beautiful eyes sparkled in the dark. Amused by her sweetness, his lips turned up into a smile. He could not imagine his luck. In all his 1200 years of roaming this green earth, he has never seen anything like her. Her intoxicating scent was a rarity just as she.

And these fools had no idea what they had in their possession.

Maddox watched how Dante caressed her and admired her, and it was driving him up the wall.

"I said. Let her go, Dante," he ordered again.

But Dante ignored him.

"Just do as he says, Dante. We aren't looking for a fight. You're scaring her." Brody spoke up.

His words brought his attention towards them.
"I am not looking for a fight either," Dante looked away from Maddox's feral gaze that held an enraged golden glow. "I just needed to get acquainted with the newest member of your pack."

He looked down at her then he took in her breathtaking appearance as she frowned. He watched as she shyly looked up at him. "What is your name, little one?" he whispered.

"Hannah," she innocently answered. The trust in her gaze held him rigid to the spot. It had a hold on him. It was not a look of deathly dread most mortals gave him. Or one of fear. But innocence and curiosity.

Her pureness rolled off of her and danced across his nerve endings. She was indeed, rare. The first he has ever seen. A diamond mine before him. If they only knew.
His mind trailed off with the thought of Maddox's incessant pacing. His growl showed possessiveness and was like a caged animal.
When it came to her.

His lips curved into a knowing smile.

She was his mate.

Satisfaction of the obvious curled up his spine...and...
He chuckled with a sigh.

He hasn't claimed her.

The knowledge of that intrigued him. Why not claim his mate? It was common knowledge to all that once your mate is found, she must be claimed. Why was he prolonging the inevitable?

His gaze narrowed.
This wolf was a very peculiar one.
It tickled him to no end of just how interesting all of this was.

"Dante!!!" Maddox raged once more ready to lunge.

"Calm down, Maddox." Brody's serene voice penetrated the haze. "Keep this up, and we'll be exposed. Who will protect her then, hmm?"

"Do as your cousin says, Maddox," he teased, turning his smile to Hannah. "I'm afraid your...friend is not keen on sharing, and I must leave," he pulled her fingers slowly to his lips and kissed them.

He pulled away. Relishing in the slow torturing minutes, Maddox had watched him caress and touch Hannah. Last but not least was the tender kiss he placed on her forehead as he pulled her close and trailed his lips down her temple to her ear. And he whispered.
"It was truly an honor to meet you. My sweet Angel," he pulled away in time to watch her lips part with a gasp.

His sparkling gaze held hers as she stumbled back.

"Hannah!" Maddox called to her. His eyes mercilessly landed on Dante.

"Come here."

She silently obeyed, stepping away from him and walking towards Maddox.

Protectively he reached for her hand and pulled her close.
"We shall meet again, Alpha Maddox," he teased then turned to walk away.

Maddox growled and stepped forward wanting chase after Dante, but Brody stopped him. "Don't."

His blood chilled, sobering him. He abruptly averted his gaze from where Dante stood and looked directly down at Hannah.
The images of the Danté touching her and leaving his stench on her boiled his blood. The urge to brutalize the Vampire was so dark ..so intense.

"We're leaving," he ordered.

Turning away, he pulled Hannah along with him.
"When we get home, I want his stench gone from her, Nikki." he mind-linked,
his anger barely leashed, could be felt as he yanked open his door and stood waiting for her to get in.

Warily she stumbled back from it.
"Please. Get in," Maddox struggled with the little patience he had.

Finally, in her seat, she watched trembling as he sat in his. He said nothing as he reached over and yanked the strap over her shoulder and clasped it in.

He peeled out of the parking lot and drove home. He said nothing the whole way there. She sat in silence, not knowing what to do.
He knew she was an angel.
But how?
She tried in vain to understand.

By the time they pulled up to the house, Nikki met her at her side of the car. Sadly she watched him slam his door and turn away. She did not understand his anger.

Nikki walked with her, and they went to her room. She convinced Hannah to shower.
"It will make you feel better," Nikki had said.

And she did not as she stood beneath the cascading warm water and wept.

By the time she pulled herself together and stepped out of the shower, she slowly dressed for bed as she noticed Nikki had left.

Now hungry and alone, she walked towards the hall and down the steps. The night was still young, and most of those that lived in the home were out. She passed the kitchen.
She was warned to touch nothing there.
She slowly followed his scent as he hadn't spoken to her since they arrived.

She walked the long hall towards a set of doors and gently pushed through them and entered a spacious room where he lay on the floor.

Puzzled at his actions, she stood there watching him press up and down on the floor then suddenly he slowed.

"You should not be here," he said. His motions did not slow with her presence.

Up. Down. Up. Down. He continued his push-ups; working past his frustration and anger. Sweat dripped off his face, chest, and back. Muscles trembled with each descent. Any other mortal would have given up or stopped, but he continued.

1002, 1003, 1004 he counted mentally.

"Male?" she whispered softly.

He clenched his jaw, then stopped and tightened his eyes shut.

"What do you want, Hannah?" he murmured.

She could sense his anger. She said nothing as he stood up to face her.

"What?" he snapped.

Her face contorted with a new wave of hurt that tugged at his heart.

He stepped closer. He wanted to apologize. He wanted to do more than apologize.

So much whirled in his head. Too many questions he needed answers to. Where she was from? What she is?
It seemed Dante knew. And that pissed him off.

"I need to know something, Hannah. And I need the truth," he stepped closer. She frowned and stumbled back. She swallowed hard; a shiver passed through her. She was Seraphim they did not lie.

"Where are you from?"

She looked everywhere but at him. "I am f..from here," she whispered.

"Don't lie to me," he hissed.

"Again, where are you from, Hannah?" he repeated, holding her with a stony gaze.

She swallowed conclusively. And repeated her words.

His jaw tightened. "Fine, you want to go with that answer, okay. Then what are you?"

"I am a female?" she said, looking sadly up at him.

He continued the questions with each step forward until she was flustered and cornered pressed against the wall with nowhere to run.

"Why are you here?" he stepped closer until his breath brushed her cheek. Her scent slowly unraveling him.

She did not respond. Her throat ached, and her eyes burned, holding in her tears.

"My name is Hannah, I am a female, and I am from here," she whispered.

"It's not what I asked," he grumbled, lifting his arms to rest his palms against the wall — caging her in.

"Why does it matter?" she choked out between a sob.

"Because it matters damn it! You're an enigma that stirs things in me." he rumbled heatedly. "And it could be dangerous," he whispered.

He looked down at her features that were so delicate and fragile. She was definitely an enigma. She was not a werewolf, and she did not carry the scent of a human. He had no clue what she was or if she was hybrid, half-breed, or ...Mortal.

A mortal was no match for an immortal, and definitely not for an Alpha Wolf.

Mating between an Alpha and a wolf was dangerous enough. But with a mortal was...unthinkable.

He could kill her.

For that reason alone, he did not need a mate. He could not fathom the idea of losing her if she were mortal.

But something in the back of his mind tingled with that not being an issue. Deep down, he was confident that the fates would not be so cruel as to place something so fragile and breakable in his path. But she would not tell him what or who she was. And that bothered him. She was afraid more than anything, and that brought out his protective side.

Instinct within him demanded he claim what was his for as much as he fought it. As much as he would deny it. The signs were all there.

Take her...

She shivered aware of his penetrating gaze and how his beautiful eyes slowly began to glow.

"Male?-" Hannah began.

"It's Maddox," the soft timbre of his voice caused her feathers to flutter beneath her skin and her heart to skip a beat.

Her long lashes lowered as she repeated his name.

"Maddox," her eyes settled on his.
The air around them thickened as he closed in on her, and her lips parted, lowering his gaze down to them.

He wanted to taste her again. Share another kiss like they had before. A fierce need to mate with her filled him. A dark, commanding urge staggered him, sending a rush of heat through every inch of his body.

With a low growl, he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her flush against him. He dipped his head and captured her lips, swallowing her gasp as the full length of his body pressed her firmly against the wall.

He pinned her with his body and enjoyed the sweetness of her lips as she melted against him. Her scent, a sultry aroma of arousal cascaded over him like a waterfall, and he moaned.

Pure bliss threatened to take them both to the floor where he could lose himself in her. But sharp awareness was on his side. As the door at there side swung open, and two pack members busted through with laughter.

Their laughs died down as they faced their Alpha pulling away from her slowly.

A part of him wanted them to see who she belonged to. That Alpha pride thick in the air. But his possessive hold on her and that protective growl that rumbled from his throat had them stepping back in fear.

He turned his head to face them.

"So sorry Alpha we.." one began.

"We didn't know.." the other nervously looked away.

"So... Do you want us to leave?" he asked peevishly.

Maddox glared at them as if they had grown horns and two heads on their shoulders.

"No, of course not pull up some chairs and enjoy the show," he hissed sarcastically.

"Alpha?" they frowned.

"Get out!" they jumped. His jaw clenched as he felt her jump in his arms as well.

Quickly the two filled out, and Hannah began to follow. It wasn't until he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back around to face him.

"Where do you think you're going?" he whispered huskily.

Her eyes slowly lifted to his. The heat of desire equally intense as his own widened her pupils, swallowing the vibrant, honeyed irises in her eyes.

"I'm not done with you."

******

Hello!!! Happy Sunday .. you know what you gotta do...be generous and help me out share my story....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 509 5
Four generations of war ended the moment he saw her. Alpha Kane has been waiting six years for his mate. Unable to search for her because of the gen...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
24.9K 829 33
First Neal must find his mate whom he's dreamt about several times now, then he must help her learn about her family and then fight to keep her safe...
1.7M 69K 79
Mia had given up all hope after being captured by a group of human scientists at a young age, subjected to years of torturous testing from those who...