Well La Di Da (Rick and Morty...

By Scarlett_Enochian

Just like Morty said. You can't have a normal life with Rick around. The owner of a house dies and it goes on... More

NEIGHBOUR
INSECTS EVERYWHERE
PAMPERED
DISTRESS
YOUTH
Good Cop

SIMULATION

3.4K 99 63
By Scarlett_Enochian

You have your music on while you work on your project. It's supposed to be some robot where it's only purpose is to vacuum the floor for you so you have more time doing your science. Someone knocks on the door and you sigh, annoyed to be disturbed but you still open the door. There's Morty standing in front of you with a Science textbook in his hands. Here goes the same question you've been hearing for years in class.

"U-Uh c-can you help m-me with homework," Morty said, too red to even look at you.

You don't even know why you should help him. For all you know it's his fault for not showing up in school most of the time. He'll be there in the morning then poof where's Morty? Right now the only impression you have of him is he's a bad student. But he's your first friend in the neighborhood and you can't say no to a his puppy eyes. 

"Yeah, sure, why not?" you said, snapping your finger to turn your music player off. "But I thought you said you don't get any homework?"

"O-Oh that's j-just Math," Morty said.

Right. For some reason Mr. Goldenfold is the only teacher who doesn't give homework any assignment and you just always blame it on how shitty his curriculum.

"You didn't have to walk all the way here," you step out of the house and door and window automatically lock it selves.  "You could've just texted me."

"I-I though i-it w-would be polite to j-just ask in person," Morty said.

"You're so nice," you pat his head. "Let's go do some homework."

"Yeah!"

You and Morty walk to his house. In the living room you find Summer busy texting on her phone and Jerry's watching TV. That's what you often see them do when you're around. Morty takes you up his room and his bikini girl poster catches your attention. You can't help but laugh and Morty burns in embarrassment. It's not like it's something to be surprised about. Morty's a teenage boy going through puberty. You two sit beside each other on his bed. He places his textbook and notebook in front of you two. The topic didn't catch your interest at all. Nuclear Radiation is something you've already learned by reading your father's old books and watching him work. But someone has to act interested to help Morty. You start teaching him but he keeps looking at you that he asks you to repeat your whole explanation again.

"Look at the book Morty not my face," you giggle.

"I-I'm sorry," Morty looks down at his book.

"So beta decay is when-"

The door slams open, cutting you off.  Rick comes in the room and grabs Morty's arm.

"Morty, I need you," Rick said, pulling Morty out of the bed.

"Rick!" Morty pulls his arm away. "I can't. I'm doing my homework."

"What!?  A-A-Are you serious, Morty!?" Rick flails his arms. "How many time d-do I have to tell you!? Homework is dumb that's why I-I-I did that inception thing!"

If Rick needs Morty, then that means he's made some invention or he's going to use his portal gun.

"I can help," you said, eagerly raising your hand.

They both pause and look at you, Morty in disbelief and Rick examining you from head to toe. You beg in your head that he'll accept your offer.

"Fuck it," Rick grabs your arm and drags you out of the room. "Let's just go."

"W-Wait!" Morty follows behind you two. "Rick!"

The two continue to bicker all the way to the garage. In the middle of the garage are two wooden chairs facing each other that Rick got from the dining room. On his workbench are two metallic helmets with some led light on the sides. Imagination floods in your mind, fueling your excitement. Rick makes you sit on one of the chairs and he picks up the helmets. Morty reasons out with Rick that you might not like the experience and Rick counters saying it'll be like Ritz and Chitz. Having no idea as to what the hell they're talking about you just sit there feeling awkward. Sick of Morty's whining, Rick places the helmet on you and him. Things turn black for a few seconds and light slowly appears, allowing your eyes to adjust. You find yourself in a completely different place. It looks like some city with a bunch of weird looking creatures walking around.  An alien with three heads and eight tentacles as legs passes by you. Someone touches your shoulder and you move quick, turning around and pointing your weapon that you got from your pocket.

"What the fuck," Rick said, raising an eyebrow. "It's me."

"I-I'm sorry," you said, lowering your weapon. "I-I-I thought you were some alien or something that's going to eat me"

"Sheesh don't get your alien knowledge from movies. And what is that?" he points at your weapon.

"Um it's just some high powers lazer thing."

He takes it from you and takes a closer look, "Normally, I'd diss something so puny." He gives it back to you. "But for your age I guess it's good enough."

"Um, Rick, where are we? Are we in some sort of augmented reality?"

"No, I teleported us to a different planet. This," he points at you. "Is a-BWOAG-clone of yourself where I transferred your consciousness which is also what I did to myself. Our actual selves are still in the garage."

"Woah," you look at your hands. "Cool."

"No wonder why you and Morty are friends. You two are easy to impress. Okay, let's start moving."

You keep close to him, clutching the lazer in your hand. The aliens look at you as you pass by them, all sorts of expression showing in their face. You've been wanting to see an alien all your life but with so much of them around you it just makes you feel really uncomfortable. You and Rick enter what you assume to be a mall. There are six floors and aliens walking around to what seems to be shopping bags. Rick leads you inside some shop that sells food. You try to find something you think that's edible but you find none. On a shelf you find a box that labeled "EYEHOLES". You take the box to see what exactly are these eyeholes made of. A blue alien jumps on you and starts attacking you.  You point your lazer at it and it slowly melts, turning into nothing but mush on the floor. The pain goes away and what you've done registers in your mind. You're horrified at the fact that you just killed an alien. Holy shit, you repeat in your head, not sure what to do.  You just go back to Rick with the box still in your hands.

"Oh shit you found it," Rick said, taking the box from you. "These things are the shit. They melt in your mouth. Mmm!"

"Yeahhh," you said, disgusted.

Someone screams and it catches everyone's attention. Panic starts to form in you. An alien points at the mush you made and they scream leaving the shop. 

"Oh shit," Rick said. "Is that the Eyehole man?"

You shrug, playing it cool. The police comes in to examine the mush. They asked a bystander who did it and he points at you. The police look at you and now you're scared. There's no way you're going to see your ass in space prison. Rick grabs your arm and starts running. Even when cops are already chasing you two Rick still has the box of Eyeholes with him. It kind of makes you wonder if they're chasing you because of the stolen Eyeholes instead of you killing the Eyehole man. 

"Use you cat toy!" Rick said, jumping over a trap the cops made.

"I don't want to kill someone again!" you said.

"You die here, (y/n), you die for real!"

"Shit!"

You shoot at the cop but your aim's off and you end up turning an entire building into mush. The screams of aliens in the building rings in your head.

"OH MY GOD!" you said, the guilt overwhelming you.

"Don't think about it! Just keep shooting!" Rick said.

With a shaking hand you aim at the cop again but just when you shoot everything goes black.

* * * *

Your eyes burst open and you sit up, panting. Cold sweat runs down your cheek and you wipe it off. Your thought's are all over and you sit there for a while trying not to think of anything, focusing on the feeling of sitting on Morty's very soft bed. A knock on the door and Morty comes in looking all worried. You hate seeing him like this it just makes you feel bad. You wave at him and he does the same to you. You remember studying with Morty but anything else it's all stil hazy at the moment. The only thing that's clear to you is that you have a really bad migraine.

"H-Hey, are you okay?" Morty said, placing the back of his hand on your forehead.

"Yeah, just a light headache," you said, massaging your temples.

"I'll go get some water."

"Thank you."

"I'll be quick."

Morty leaves the room. You bite your lower hip, tearing up from the pain you're feeling. Fragments come back to you like walking and running around with Rick in some weird place but it just stops there. Rick comes in the room and sits on the bed beside you. You see a hint of worry in his eyes even if his face shows no emotion.  He opens his palm, showing some sort of round shaped candy.

"This'll stop the pain," Rick said. "That's not a headache. It's the pain of your clone when a cop shot you on the head."

"I'm sorry I ruined it for you," you said.

"Doesn't matter. None of it was real it was just some stimulation. Think of it as augmented reality if it helps you understand it better."

"Why would you make a stimulation when you have the real deal?"

Morty comes in the room with a glass of water and Rick takes it as his queue to leave, placing the pill on your hand. You thank Morty for the water and drink it with the pill. Your migrains instantly leaves making you feel better than ever. In fact you feel energized.

"Thanks, Morty," you said, smiling. "I feel better already!"

"R-Really?" Morty brightens up. "That's great!"

"Yeah, let's go back to studying."

"Are you sure you don't want to rest more?"

"Nah, I'd rather study with you."

With a red face Morty takes his text book and sits beside you.

"Where were we?" you asked, flipping through his textbook.

"Uh beta decay," Morty said, sitting closer to you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 781 14
You and your friend, (F/N) were walking to your dorm from college. Then unexpectedly, something out of the normal happened. When the events happened...
49.6K 1.6K 26
Moving in across the street from the Smith's, (Y/N) had no idea what to expect. She had no idea her life would be changed as much as it did. She nev...
74.6K 2.1K 24
after y/n comes home from camp early, she meets her best friends grandfather. an instant attraction occurring between the two. the tension puts a str...
24.4K 787 12
This is basically events that happen after all seasons of Rick and Morty. Except the thing that went down with Mr. Jellybean actually went all the wa...