alive {Klaus Mikaelson}

By tvd_wolf

Faith woke up to find that the man she loved had changed. She still loved him, even after he chose the dopple... More

alive
one // hidden truths are unspoken lies
two // stop existing and start living
three // i knew you were trouble
four // smile, the worst is yet to come
five // stand. run. fall. repeat.
six // and suddenly, we're strangers
seven // conquer from within
eight // beautiful day for a funeral
nine // keep holding on
ten // next to me
twelve // raise the dead
thirteen // dark paradise
fourteen // waiting game
fifteen // fangs
sixteen // black out days
seventeen // let it go
about smut IMPORTANT
eighteen // can you hear my plea
nineteen // final countdown
The Originals 5x13
twenty // I get to love you

eleven // hands of time

15.1K 354 113
By tvd_wolf

~ Hands Of Time-Rachel Diggs ~

Okay can we please take a second to appreciate Daniel Sharman as Kol in season 2.

^^^My god he is perfection^^^

I love him.

Enjoy the chapter my loves!

xx Charliiiiiiii

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

August 1359. I have noticed a difference in my siblings.

Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires.

Each day removes them further from the humanity they once possessed.

My sweet sister Rebekah has grown quite indifferent to brutality.

However, the true problem remains my brother Niklaus.

He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty.

Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family united.

For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness.

Reading Elijah's words helped me feel connected to him in his absence. I'd rummaged through chests of things the family had collected over the years and came across the books Elijah had written in of his experiences.

I missed him, every day, some days more than others. It was becoming almost unbearable.

It was quite fascinating learning of the family history from his perspective, instead of mine, because all of the information running through my head isn't mine. I wasn't there. I didn't experience anything over the years.

It's about time I start.

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire." I overhear Rebekah say, talking of the vampire bodies that once laid piled up in the front yard.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless, pregnant girl who's carrying my child." Niklaus replies, causing my eye brow to raise.

And to think, I was warming up to him.

I stand from my cross-legged sitting position on the study floor, making my way out of the room to find the pleasant family members.

"Oh, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duty towards the werewolf carrying your human bun in her oven."

Again with the name calling. What is with this family?

"Faith would like to know what the plan is." I intrude in the living room, putting emphasis on my name.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love." Niklaus smiles against the door frame. "My plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?"

Just like that, Rebekah picks up a pencil and throws it at her brother's face. Luckily, he caught it with ease.

"The plan to rescue Elijah" I intervene. "You know, the good brother, the one who doesn't refer to me as the pregnant girl. The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back."

"In the front, if we're being specific." Niklaus smirks.

I can't help the small smile the creeps on my lips. But it quickly disappears. "We all said that we would get him back. So are we coming up with a plan, or what?"

"Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy." Niklaus corrects, wondering onto a seat. He kicks up his legs, looking to both Rebekah and I. "He's my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French quarter, but a friend nonetheless."

I still hadn't told them I'd met Marcel already, that I know him quite well in fact. The right time never seemed to come.

"And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly, sister, please." Niklaus gestures for his sister to continue.

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back."

Rebekah looks confident, and this causes my eyes to travel to Niklaus, who also looks quite smug. This worries me, because I hadn't thought they were that stupid. "That's not the whole plan, is it?"

"Oh, please." Rebekah mocks. "Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical."

I look back to him, waiting for his response, hopefully reassuring. "That's only plan A love. There's always a plan B."

"And what's plan B?" I can't help but ask, my imagination getting the best of me. I may think I know what he is capable of, but I could be very very wrong. I'm already sure that I am.

"War."

---------

"Klaus, for the love of Mary Magdalene, how long does it take to ask a simple question?"

I watch as Rebekah paces back and forth with her phone on speaker in the living room, in which I haven't left. I did however get myself a glass of milk.

The isolation is really getting to me at this point. I miss... outside. And this couch is beginning to get uncomfortable.

"Much longer than you'd think, considering the answer was, as expected, no." I groan at Niklaus' response, hoping it would be different.

I guess Plan B is about to be put into action.

"Marcel's man Thierry is suspicious. He thinks you killed ten nightwalkers."

"Well, that's a lie. I only killed eight." Rebekah quickly defends, causing my eyebrow to rise. Does she honestly think eight is better? "Should I make Thierry the ninth?"

I feel the need to intervene, to tell them not to lay a hand on him. He's a good man. He's just caught in the wrong crowd, the wrong crowd being not the Mikaelson crowd.

"Marcel is playing friendly. We can't kill the favourite son, or he'll catch onto us."

I silently thank whoever can hear my thoughts.

"So war it is, then." Rebekah smiles, like she's happy with the decision.

I'm not.

I just want Elijah back.

"Indeed. Do you know what to do with the witch?"

For a moment I think Niklaus is talking about me, but then realise otherwise. It's hard to keep up with all the names this family has called me.

"I believe I do."

"Good. You manage Sophie Deveraux. I'll take care of the next step."

Rebekah hangs up, tapping her phone against her hand. Her gaze falls on me, and I can already tell what she's going to say.

"Go. I'll be fine."

She smiles at me, not needing to say anything. She leaves the house, to meet Sophie and find the girl that sold me the poison.

The plans being, meet Sophie, find out what the other witch, Katie knows, and then use it against Marcel.

All I have to do is wait.

Again.

--------

"Are you out of your mind? No way." Sophie is quick to object, which no one is surprised by.

"It's very simple. We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother."

Sophie had been brought to what do you know, here. My own personal hell, or should I say home.

As it turns out, Katie is in love with Thierry. Niklaus was pleased to hear, it being the perfect opportunity to get rid of him.

However, I am once again put in the useless category. Niklaus is worried about the use of my powers. So, he believes Sophie is the better choice.

The better choice.

I hate that.

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and they get killed." Sophie argues, telling us what we already know.

"Yes. About that, it seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal. Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic." Niklaus states, quite angry about the situation. He hates not knowing what he's up against.

Rebekah reaches up from her seat, gesturing height. "Girl about yay high, cute as a button, anger issues."

Sophie is shocked by the information. Not the kind of shocked where you have no idea and are suddenly in the loop. The kind of shocked that meant she had no idea we had any idea about this information.

"Davina?" Sophie mutters, realising the fact. "Where have you seen her?"

"I don't know. The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind." Rebekah exaggerates, obviously pissed off.

"Let me cut to the chase." Niklaus interrupts. "Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic."

My magic is different to other witches. It's unpredictable, and most of the time uncontrollable. My magic could be easily tracked with or without Davina.

I don't even know if the spell I cast a few days ago wasn't being blocked, and simply didn't  work.

"Davina would sense it."

"Unless, of course, another witch, say a traitor to the cause, Katie, for example. She was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen concealing your very small spell from Davina." Rebekah explains, surprisingly making a lot of sense.

"Katie doesn't deserve to die."

I agree with Sophie. I do.

But as much as I hate the situation, the truth is, war cannot be won without violence. Some may disagree, I know I used to. But in the world of the supernatural, I have come to realise the truth.

"Sophie Deveraux!" Niklaus says loudly, slamming his palm onto the coffee table before standing. "You're in no position to be so principled." He claims, making his way towards her.

"You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be." He says, as if reading my thoughts. "How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't. Your sister executed in the public square for practicing magic, who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?"

Sophie is silent for a moment. The subject obviously bringing up buried feelings. "She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi."

"And who, pray tell, in Marcel's valued inner circle manages his business at the docks?" Niklaus inquires, knowing the answer already.

"Katie's boyfriend Thierry." Sophie mutters under her breath.

------

"I want to go."

Niklaus' head snaps up from the desk as I abruptly enter the study. I'd caught him doing god knows what with a spell, no doubt stirring up trouble.

"Go?" he questions, his full attention falling on me.

"The charity party Marcel is throwing. I want to go." I state firmly, standing my ground.

I'm tired of being on the sidelines and sitting around doing nothing in this house. I don't care if I'm not a part of the plan they've whipped up, I just want to be out of this house.

"Lovely to see the thousand year sleep hasn't dampened your sense of humour" Niklaus smirks, looking back down to his papers.

I walk up to him behind his desk, needing him to take me seriously.

I pull his chair back, a soft chuckle leaving his lips as he wheels back. I use the space I made to jump onto the desk in front of him. I sit there, looking at him, putting my feet on either side of his chair, blocking him from all exits.

It was quite intimate positioning, but that wasn't on my mind at that point. I just needed his attention on me and what I'm saying.

"I want to go to Marcel's charity party." I say, more serious than last.

He reacted as if he could hear me, but he wasn't listening.

Not to the desperation in my voice.

Because if he had listened, he wouldn't have replied with this.

"You are not leaving this house. Not after what happened last time."

He may have ignored my cry for help, my need to escape this place. But he did understand one thing. He knew what could happen, and he didn't want it to happen again.

It was sweet, I'd give him that. But it wasn't the response I wanted.

"The only people that know my face are Katie and some dead vampires. I'm safe." I try to assure him. The look on his face tells me it went in one ear and out the other.

"You will never be safe."

The way he spoke, the way the words left his mouth, reminded me of someone. Someone I used to know.

Niklaus Mikaelson. The human.

The man who would do anything to keep me safe simply because I was his. No ulterior motive.

Simply because he loved me.

I never thought I'd ever see that face again.

The eyes staring into my soul, begging me to do what he thinks is best, what he thinks will keep me safe.

I love him for it, but it isn't enough.

"I'll have you there with me" I remind him, smiling softly. I can't help my hands traveling up his shoulders, my fingers finally finding his neck, tapping lightly on the skin.

"Please. I need this, before I'm trapped in this house for six months with no way out." I stare him in the eyes softly, my palms resting on his cheek. "Let me be a girl for one night, before I start showing."

I'm looking forward to showing, to having that gorgeous bump that tells me we've made a beautiful baby.

It's one of the few things I have to look forward to.

"Please Niklaus" I gently beg. "For me."

His eyes tell me he wants to do this for me. But Niklaus being Niklaus, has to weigh every possible outcome and scenario. He wouldn't be him if he didn't.

"On one condition."

I grin, my thumbs grazing his bearded chin as I wait for his condition.

"You are to be with me or Rebekah, the entire night, no exceptions."

"No exceptions" I beam, thankful for the sweet spot he still has for me.

It means reconciliation is possible.

However, our moment is interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing.

I spin slightly, reaching around for his phone. I finally find it, answering Rebekah's call and putting it on speaker.

"Little sister." Niklaus greets.

"Well, brother, I believe I've made certain Marcel will be properly distracted tonight."

Tonight being the charity party Marcel is throwing.

"Dare I ask?"

"Let's just say his attention will not be on us. I did my bit. What are you doing to ensure Elijah's safe return?"

I step onto the ground, getting off the desk in which has his work spread out across it.

Not wanting to leave, and in need to keep the moment between Niklaus and I alive, I sit on his lap, looking over the spell he possesses. I'm confused when I realise it's a daylight spell.

I feel tingles run up and spine and arms as Niklaus reaches around my body and picks up the spell. "Currently, I'm preparing insurance against the tender-hearted."

"Meaning?" Rebekah questions, and I'm curious myself.

"We need proper motivation for Katie to cast a powerful spell tonight. I'm creating that motivation." I watch as he places the spell in a large envelope, sealing it.

And just like that my breath hitches, Niklaus' lips having grazed my shoulder.

"Marcel has ordered a rousting of the witches. I, in turn, have arranged for things to go tragically wrong. Marcel may not be concerned with Thierry's romantic entanglements, but there are other crimes which he'll be less inclined to so easily forgive."

I'm confused as to where he's going with this.

"Killing a vampire, for example. That would be unforgivable."

Niklaus had been draining one of Marcel's vampires of vervain secretly, in order to compel him. Surprisingly I actually knew of this travesty. However, the unfortunate truth was that Niklaus had set the poor vampire up to be killed by Thierry.

"If Katie hopes to save her one true love from Marcel's punishment, well, a rescue mission like that will require something positively magical, but then, what's worth dying for if not love?"

His words resinated with me, causing my head to turn.

I would've done anything for Niklaus a thousand years ago. I would've died for him.

But the question constantly lingering on my mind is if I would now. Would I do anything for him now?

Would I do anything for ... Klaus? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 292 23
Ash Mikaelson. Original vampire. The Hybrid's wife. She has been by Klaus' side for almost 1000 years before being daggered by Klaus in the 1920s. ...
68.1K 1.5K 28
Amanda wanted to have a normal life be there for Mary and her kids but that's not going to happen because witches want to take Marcel out and the on...
20.4K 528 20
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline grew up with the Mikaelsons, when they were human. Caroline and Rebekah a...
77.4K 2.5K 46
You are a two hundred year old witch that looks 22. You move to Mystic Falls for a new start, along the way to you befriend vampires, werewolves, and...