The Pure One -✔- Book Two of...

By MariamSarhan

🌟🌟🌟COMPLETED🌟🌟🌟 🌟Book Two of the Phoenix Trilogy🌟 ⚠⚠⚠Please read the book one first to avoid confusio... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 1 Angels and Venus
Chapter 2 Angelic Genes
Chapter 3 The Awakening
Chapter 4 The Transformation
Chapter 5 Blood Bound No More?
Chapter 6 Tangled Love Stories
Chapter 7 To Dream or Not to Dream
Chapter 8 The Crystals
Chapter 9 Photographic Memory
Chapter 10 Blood in my Veins
Chapter 11 The Power Within
Chapter 12 Where The Heart Is
Chapter 13 The Task
Chapter 14 The Thorn In My Heart
Pre - Warning
Chapter 15 Punishment of the Heart
Chapter 16 Freedom from Death
Chapter 17 The Dive of Love
Chapter 18 The Mermadian Queen
Chapter 19 Innermost Desires
Chapter 20 The Siren's Sacrifice
Chapter 21 The Void
Chapter 22 The Nightmare Loop
Chapter 23 Twisted History
Chapter 24 Here We Come. . .
Chapter 25 Cave of Silence
Chapter 26 🔥 The Choice
Chapter 27 🔥 Siren's Blood
Chapter 28 🔥 The Cave
Chapter 29 🔥 Forged Bonds
Chapter 30 🔥 The Pearl of Peace
Chapter 31 🔥 The Intruder
Chapter 32 🔥 The Rescue
Chapter 33 🔥 The Balancer
Chapter 34 🔥 The Amulet
Chapter 35 🔥 The Pure One
Chapter 36 🔥 The Siege
Chapter 37 🔥 The Angelicum
Chapter 38 🔥 Crystal Portal
Chapter 39 🔥 For Peace' Sake
🌟🌟🌟Announcements 🌟🌟🌟
Finale 🔥 Part One
Finale 🔥 Part Two

Chapter 40🔥 Confrontation & Love

352 29 6
By MariamSarhan

"Rufus, will you let me explain myself now?" Agnus ambushed him inside their sleeping chamber closing the door behind him immediately after he came in. It was the first time since they came back to the Academy that he was able to catch him alone. As far as he knows, that was his only chance to come clean with his friend.

"Agnus," Rufus' back stiffened as he stood motionless on the foot of his bed facing the opposite direction of the chamber's entrance. He wasn't expecting company until a few hours later thinking that Agnus was still assigned to assist at the healing chamber.

Agnus stepped forward as slowly as he could muster, afraid that he might be overstepping Rufus' personal space and upset him for showing himself unannounced. It was clear that he was avoiding to be alone with him since they came back.

"Will you listen?" Agnus pushed his luck when Rufus remained silent.

Rufus sighed, it seemed that he could no longer delay the inevitable confrontation. He took a long raspy breath then turned around to face his faerian roommate. Icy blue orbs locked with sapphire blue eyes, one was hard and accusing while the other one was soft and pleading.

"I can listen but I can't guarantee in believing," Rufus was clearly not ready to talk. His suppresed anger could be sensed clearly on his tone.

But Agnus was more than ready to take his wrath as long as he could let him know his side besides deep down inside he knew that Rufus still cared for him as a friend. That was the only reason for his bold attempt of forcing a conversation between them. The fact that he didn't rat him out to others gave him the courage to stack the odds in his favor.

"It's more than enough for me," Agnus retorted waiting for a go signal to start.

Rufus didn't believe the sincerity from Agnus but he chose to remain passive. He gestured for him to start his piece through a simple wave of his hand as he seated himself at the edge of his bed.

"I was a coward. I got really scared that I wasn't thinking clearly anymore," Agnus started. He looked guilty and remorseful.

"It only speaks that your untrustworthy. How can I be comfortable to let Daphne's safety in your incapable hands? Or anyone's life for the matter? In battle, you don't leave men behind much more a friend behind." Rufus eyes turned coal black that made Agnus flinch nervously from where he was standing.

"I'm sorry," Agnus peeled his eyes, he couldn't bear the intensity and fear creeped like cold thorny vines in his spine just by staring on those cold, bottomless onyx orbs.

"Is that all you have to say? Are we done?" Rufus rose from his position, he wore a bored expression, unimpressed and impatient.

"For whatever its worth, I didn't left you being afraid of my life. No, not that. I could lay down my life to any of you anytime. You're the closest family I could ever have." Agnus said in a small voice. He sniffed and let out a nervous laugh to hide his regrets and sadness. It was his defense mechanism to stop himself from emotional breakdown. He stepped aside to give way for Rufus who seemed restless to walk away. He secretly wiped a lone tear that cascaded his sullen face.

Rufus stood immobile from where he was standing staring at Agnus. He was internally arguing to himself whether it was wise to continue listening to him. All the things that Agnus tried to hide didn't escape the demon's watchful pitch-black eyes though believing on those actions was yet another matter to contemplate on his part.

The demon turned his back on him then asked, "your point is?" His curiously won over him plus the fact that he still believed that Agnus deserved a chance to redeem himself. Not everyone gets the chance to be considered as his friend. No, not with a demon like him. Friendship was never an easy feat to earn with him that was why he was hesitating since Agnus earned that spot a long time ago.

"I didn't believe in myself. I didn't think that I could stand up against that monster and win. If we both die then I won't only fail you but the rest of the group. I didn't want to be the reason why the Venus couldn't do whatever she needs to do. Holding on to that mindset, I was able to do the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and that was to betray and leave my bestfriend behind." No matter how much Agnus tried to be composed, his quaky voice gave his emotions away.

He paused to give Rufus some time to react but when the demon remained quiet, he continued, "I left because I had to but I will never abandon you. I just needed to make sure that the Amulet is not compromised. I will come back for you and so I did. I knew there was no certainty that you would still be alive but I knew in my heart that if you perished then I shall perish with you." Agnus walked towards Rufus with tears in his eyes. He wanted so badly to make him understand, to make things back the way they were. He lifted his right hand and clasped Rufus' right shoulder as he stood directly behind him.

"Are you done now?" Rufus asked after a while.

"Yes," Agnus curtly replied. There was a hint of hurt and sadness in his voice.

"You better prepare yourself then. We'll be meeting Cassia in a few hours." Rufus said in monotone. He turned turned around shrugging Agnus' hand off and went towards the door without giving him a second glance.

Rufus heard his friend release another long sigh.

Fell bad about it a little bit longer Agnus. Just a little bit more. . . A smirk secretly painted his lips as he shut the door behind him.

〰〰〰〰➿➿➰➿➰➿➿〰〰〰〰

"Haddy, can we talk?" Pearl knocked softly on Hadraniel's chamber door.

"Come in," a familiar voice answered. A voice she would never forget. The sweet sound that always sets her heart beat wildly.

She clasped the metal ring and pulled it open in reluctance. Pearl was uncertain of what she really wanted to say to him, she was only sure of one thing〰she needed to see him and talk to him badly.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you," she said timidly pushing the door close with her hands behind her back. She remained on that position, relaxing her back against the door frame watching Hadraniel's every move.

"Like you're gonna stop if I said no," Hadraniel joked. He pulled himself up to sitting position and tapped the space beside him on the bed, "come in here, I was trying how soft this bed is. Come, let's try this together." He smiled at her and waved his hand beckoning for her to come.

Pearl's face flushed, it was an innocent invitation from his side but not on hers. It set her heart into full throttle, thumping harder than it already was like some wild horses ran amok inside it.

"What are you waiting for? Don't you want to come to bed with me?" Hadraniel called out to her one more time when she remained speechless and frozen to where she stood. "And oh, can you turn back to the real Pearl please?" He requested, his sister's face bothers him.

"You're. . . Still you," Pearl told him in a quiet voice, taking small steps one at a time towards him while she morphed into another beauty. A face that Hadraniel missed so much. Pearl was very cautious and scared that she might trip or worse her knees would buckle on her way to him because seeing his reactions to her original face only sent more fire in her longing heart.

Hadraniel was oblivious of the feelings that he stirs in her heart. She almost forgot that Angelicums never feel that way. It was one of the reasons that she never wanted to come back even if all her reasons were left with Hadraniel on that realm.

Hadraniel smiled widely when she placed herself beside him. His eyes trailed the outlines of her perfect face, from her thick but perfectly arched brows, to her deep set lavender eyes adorned by long lashes. She sat stiffly, conscious of his gaze but he enveloped her into a warm embrace, "it's soft, isn't it?" He whispered into her ears, his breath tickled and sent thousands of bolts of electricity on her body.

"Huh?" She said stupidly, her face turned crimson when she realized what she felt.

Is this what arousal feels like? She asked mentally.

"Arousal?" Hadraniel asked innocently but his eyes lingered on her pouting cheery lips

Pearl jolted away. She was embarrassed. "I forgot that you could read my mind if you touch me."

"So, how does it feel? Arousal, I mean," Hadraniel asked casually like he was just discussing what he ate for breakfast that day.

"Haddy!" Pearl slapped his chest. "How can you ask such question? Are you trying to make me uncomfortable?"

"No," he replied with a playful smile pasted on his lips. "I just want to make you happy and I want to give answers to your curiosity."

"What do you mean?" Pearl asked nervously.

"I mean like this," Hadraniel pulled her in and captured her lips with his. He gave her a full innocent smack on the lips and smiled widely again when they parted, "how's that?" He asked proud of himself like a kid who got a gift he wanted.

Pearl couldn't help herself but laugh. How she missed this adorable hunk in front of her. And just like the old times, he never ceased to amuse and surprise her at the same time. Same old Haddy. Her Haddy.

Hadraniel smiled sheepishly and said, "it wasn't even close?" His eyes were hopeful.

"No, Haddy. It was perfect." Pearl assured him wearing an amused smile on her lips.

"Stop patronizing me," he pouted like a child. It was a side of him that he only shows to Pearl. He was known to be the great Hadraniel on all of the Agelicum Realm but to Pearl, he's a cuddly little angel. Her cuddly bear.

"Don't be like that. Do you want me to show it to you?" Pearl offered with a glint of naughtiness in her eyes. She wasn't expecting him to agree anyway.

"Okay, show me." His immediate reply made Pearl choke on her saliva.

Pearl's eyes widened in surprised. Her heart leaped out of her chest from the unexpected response.

"Something is definitely wrong here. What is it, Haddy?" She asked him worriedly. The Hadraniel she knew wouldn't even dare to dream of such things.

"I will tell you if you show me first," he told her in a firm voice. He only uses that tone when he didn't want to accept any refusal.

Pearl looked at him thoughtfully contemplating on how to react accordingly.

"Fine," she caved in.

Pearl reached for his face, she held it on both of her hands, "close your eyes." The words came out of her mouth hoarse and barely a whisper. Her heart drums hard inside her ribcage. She longed to do this with him for a very, very long time. She knew that this was treading on dangerous grounds but Pearl would accept any punishment for this chance to really feel him and make him understand  how she felt all this time.

Hadraniel obeyed without a word. He closed his eyes in apprehension. For the first time in his thousands of years of existence, he felt alive and really living. He prayed for forgiveness for his indiscretion. Deep inside he begged for just this one time hoping that when he completes his mission, this act would be justified.

Then he felt it, when Pearl's lips met his in a moist and warm kiss, his heart raced a marathon. At first it was gentle, hesitant. Slowly, it became more needy as she tried to part his lips for an entrance. Hadraniel was somewhat baffled by the feeling it gave him. The connection that seemed to root itself on his soul by just a simple act the humans called a kiss. But, he let those feelings guide his way as he gave her access and followed everything she did like an obedient student. It was bliss.

A moan escaped Pearl's throat as their to tongues played with each other. She wanted more. She wanted Hadraniel too much that it hurts. Her body was on fire and her core was wet.

"S-stop," she pushed him away. Her face was flushed with desire.

"Why?" He asked while he pulled her into a warm embrace. "Does my aura bothers you?"

"N-no, it's not that," Pearl stammered in embarrassment. She clung to him tightly like there was no tomorrow. She needed him like the air she breathes.

Hadraniel smiled towards her action, he felt it. Her heart was thrumming in her chest, the rhythms were slowly becoming one with his. How he wished it would stay that way forever but he knew that they only had this chance. One chance to make their goodbye a memorable one. No matter what the costs, he already paid in advance by taking this mission.

"What is it then?" He urged her.

"I wanted more. I'm afraid I can't stop myself if we continue. I need to touch you, feel you," Pearl confessed as she burried her face on his neck, inhaling his sweet scent.

"Then touch me, feel me. . ."

Pearl gasped and peeled herself from him to look into his eyes. Her disbelief showed on her beautiful face as she tried to find an answer from his calm facial expression.

A tear cascaded her face, "No, I don't want to know what your mission is." She uttered the words with dread.

"I told you, after. We don't want to ruin this special moment for us. Just you and me," Hadraniel said softly, his hand wiped her tear as he caressed her face lovingly.

"B-but. . ." Pearl's protests were lost I'm her throat as he pulled her in again for another kiss. This time he took the initiative to lead. Pearl responded with all her love and snaked her arms around his waist while he burried his in her hair. The sensations that hit them sent goosebumps all over. The kiss was passionate and intense than they were both gasping for air when they parted.

"Make love to me," Pearl asked wantonly.

Hadraniel looked at her with penetrating gaze and answered, "by all means, show me my love."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 243 9
His heart .... sensitive and broken. Her heart .... loving and caring. Or so he thought. || Completed ||
444K 12.1K 30
Florence Cade is an ugly girl, with multi-millionaire parents. When she sees a video of her father and her 'best friend' Cara making a deal, all hope...
33.2K 1.3K 12
Mabel is ugly. But Boston can't look away.
2.9M 19.7K 11
Running through the dark jungle she made sure to look back for any traces of anyone following her but then something big jumped over her and she stop...