Sang the Stray (Completed)

By Jme1983

I only meant to stay out one night...I didn't think I'd be stepping into a whole new world.... This is fan... More

1. Through the Looking Glass...or maybe a Portal?
2. Survivor Sang
3. Moonfall
4. Discovered
5. Am I a Mad Hatter?
6. S4-Report
7. Headache
8. A Taste of Freedom
9. Curiouser and Curiouser
10. KOTIS Report
11. [un]Talented
12. S4-Report
13. Tell-tale Heart
14. A Green Knight
15. Green Eggs and Ham
16. Stay
17. S4-Report
18. White Lightning
19. S4-Report
20. Rechargeable Battery
21. Orange Blush
22. Cuss a Blue Streak
23. S4-Report
24. Red Tide
25. Hand(s) Off
26. Musical Chairs
27. Black and Blueberries
28. Up in Flames
29. Ice Capades
30. Feathers and Tails
31. When Skies Are Grey
32. S4-Report
33. Starry Night
34. Getting in Deep
35. Virtue and Challenge
36. Revelation
37. Secret Garden
38. A Second Helping
39. S4-Report
40. Voltzach
41. Crimson and Clover
42. Cheshire Cat
43. On the Flip-Side
44. Blackjack
45. Interception
46. Seven Swans a'Sinking
47. Insightful
48. Accomplice
49. Purple Heart
50. K-I-S-S-I-N-G
51. Revealed
52. Looks Like Luck
54. S4-Report
55. Bearing Gifts
56. White as a Ghost
57. Playful
58. S4-Report
59. Song and Dance
60. Ghost-Report
61. No Regrets
62. Aether
63. Recover
64.Cat and Lab Rat
65. S4-Report
66. Try, Try Again
67. Welcome
68. S2-Report
69. T-minus 10, 9, 8....
70. Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dog

53. Pampered

1.5K 164 6
By Jme1983

North came out in uniform, covered from the neck down.   Sigh.  I made the extra effort to keep my gaze at least from the waist up.  The three of us worked together to make breakfast.  Although, North kept taking over my tasks.  When the grease from the protein strips popped,  he shuffled me over to prevent me from getting burned. Then when I was scrambling tern eggs (Tarens don't have chickens, but someone collects eggs from the gulls and terns that nest on the black Konna sea cliffs), North scooted me out of the way to finish.  It was annoying, but kinda sweet, too.  At least I managed the pancakes on my own.  He only pursed his lips slightly when I tossed the chocolate chips in.

 I thought, maybe, I should apologize so I sent him a private message as we filled our plates and sat down to eat.

******

Interface Channel: private

Users: S💝, N😠rth

S: Sorry about walking in.  

N: It's okay.

S: But I should send alert first.  

N: It's Nathan's fault. Don't worry about it. 

S: Do you still like me?

N: Yes.  Do you still like me?

S: Yes. So....do you always sleep nude when you alone?

Long pause, in which North leveled an intense gaze at me across the table. Then...

N: Why are you asking?

S: Uh, I not know.

N: You don't know why you are asking or you are asking because you don't know?

S: Um...both?

Another pause, in which North wiped his hand down his face and dove into eating his eggs.

S: know what? nevermind. that too personal.

N: You can always ask me or tell me anything.  I'll always be here for you, Baby. 

Finally, he looked back up at me.  Then sent...

N: And, I'll tell you sometime..later...😉

*******

Kota and the others came in, letting us know we needed to get ready for the assigned Rotations.  Nathan and I took turns in the Goo Showers to get our uniforms and then we were on our way to the Gate Lock.  Tsee Blackbourne and Ista Green met us there.  Sean greeted me with an extra warm smile.  I think he only refrained from something more because Tsee Blackbourne started issuing orders as soon as we stepped off the elevator.

"As I mentioned before we are going to be splitting the Squad for these two Rotations.  Tsen Lee, you will lead the Castle Rotation with both Tsen and Tset Taylor,  Tset Coleman and Tset Korba.  I will lead Bridges Rotation with Ista Green, Tset Morgan, and Tset Griffen.  The first group will head out with Miss Sorenson.  The second group will clear Taren near-space while we wait for your arrival back here.  Then Miss Sorenson will accompany the second group to Bridges Space.   Tsen Lee, make sure your team enhances only as necessary to preserve Miss Sorenson's strength." He looked around at all of us, then asked,  "Any questions?"

Kota said, "A group of Ena Manipulation and Gate Sight talents will be making a trip to see how the Gates to the Pillar space are holding.  As you all know from the report released last kaone, the Pillar Space is believed to be rotational and expected to return in the next Kai or so.  Once my group returns from Castle Rotation, we could join that investigation."

Tsee Blackbourne deferred to Ista Green, "Do you think that will be okay?"

Sean replied, "Make sure to eat a few energy bars and rest at least twenty joden before leaving.  Sorenson, you will do the same before leaving with the second group. I'll conduct a quick scan when you return to near-space, but you should be fine."

Tsee Blackbourne added, "Be careful of the gravity in the third space.  It changes randomly."

Kota nodded and we left for near-space.  Just before the first group started entering the spaces for Castle Rotation, Nathan tapped me on the shoulder.  I turned to see him smirking.

"You're going to love Castle Rotation," he said with a wink.  Some of the others sniggered. 

Uh oh...

***later****

I officially hate Castle Rotation.  Alright, maybe hate is a strong word.  The 'tenders', Ionoth that were helping to fight the bad Ionoth, we're pretty neat, however, the ENTIRE rotation was stairs.  At first, I was in awe of the fairytale castle.  However, once I glimpsed what we would be tackling inside, I suddenly realized why Nathan made me run the Stairs training course so often.  Even with Gabriel carting me up many flights, my calves and thighs burned by the end.  My legs felt like jelly when we rejoined the other Fourth Squad members waiting in near-space.  Kota wouldn't let anyone carry me or use telekinesis to get back because they were all strained from the fighting.  After all, normally the entire squad worked together on the rotation.  My enhancing ability meant the Setari were individually stronger and faster, but they were doing double the amount of work.  Weary showed in the slow pace that we took on the return trip.

"So, a new favorite, huh?" Nathan quipped. I gave him a chop to the mid-section since it was as high as I wished to raise my arm.  I know it was my legs that got a workout, but still....

"How are feeling, Sorenson?" Ista Green asked.  I shrugged. He took my elbow and led me to a crumbling white stone bench.  "Stretch your legs up here.  Good, now retract the nanosuit to expose the leg from here to here." He was using his clinical, doctor's voice.

I followed his instructions and tried not cringe when the nanocytes wriggled around as they reshaped. My leg was now bare from mid-thigh to ankle. I soon had goosebumps from the chill of near-space.  Sean had just started lightly massaging up from my ankle, when Tsee Blackbourne came over.

He asked, "Ista Green, we all need to be at full strength.  Is this pampering necessary?" My heart dropped and I flushed with embarrassment.  I tried to move but Sean stayed me with a firm grip.

Sean's focus stayed on my leg as he replied, "Yes, she'll be cramping and unable to walk far on her own.  I'm only using a little energy here.  It would be far more tasking to levitate her through the Rotation." That's when I realized the warmth I felt from his hands was actually his healing talent at work.  He remained professional, but warmth of a different sort blossomed low in my belly when he massaged up past my knee.  I was glad my shiver could be attributed to the cold. Of course, just thinking of Tsee Blackbourne's scrutiny did little to settle my nerves.  I averted my gaze from both of them, hoping to tame my chaotic feelings.  My eyes meet Victor's.

He smiled and came over. "Need me to schedule an extra session at the Wellness Center for you?" His tone was teasing, but I knew he would do it if I so requested.  I shook my head no, but asked if he would tell me about Bridges Rotation, mostly to distract myself now that Sean had switched to working on my other leg.

"It looks pretty scary, but it is one of the more simple rotations. We will cross a bridge of giant bones removing two large stationary Ionoth.  They are secured underneath the bridge waiting for unwitting prey to walk over, then they close their massive claws over the top. Snap!"

Yikes! Venus fly-traps on steroids.

We rested and ate the energy bars.  My legs felt much better after Sean's ministrations. He checked over the others and cleared them to join the Pillar investigation. Then I joined the second group and Kota's group split off headed to the spaces that led to the Pillar.  Bridges Rotation turned out rather easy.  Tsee Blackbourne detected the Ionoth with ease and Victor zapped one with lightning while Nathan used fire blasts on the other.  Really, the most tiring aspect of the rotation was the distance to walk through near-space to the Gate for Bridges Space.  Sean would certainly have had trouble using his limited telekinesis to levitate me that far.

I felt both glad and disappointed that Tsee Blackbourne remained unenhanced this time.  After his comment in near-space, my feelings were confused.  I didn't want to think he was avoiding me, but I was also relieved that we didn't interact much since who knew what he was 'seeing' with Place Sight.  Could he tell that I had kissed some the guys?

When we returned to the Gate Lock and passed the stickie scans, Tsee Blackbourne tried to contact Kota. 

"They must have not yet returned," he said, brows furrowing.  "I can't reach any of them through the Interface.  Tset Griffen, take Miss Sorenson back to your place, then rejoin the three of us back here.  We will catch up to the rest of the Squad.  Tsur Buble will want me to examine the Pillar anyway. Miss Sorenson, please stay in the residence until someone returns.  There is still some risk of that stickie outbreak."

I received two messages while walking with Nathan: "See you later, Pookie" and "Take my bed tonight, Princess."

And I sort of....would've liked to have...received three.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 7.2K 25
This is a fanfiction about Sang and her academy boys with an alternative beginning that drives the rest of the story. ***This is purely a FAN FICTIO...
411K 24.6K 73
This story is the fanfiction version of In The Shadows written by the amazing Katydids. It is now an original, with a completed first book and the be...
136K 8.9K 53
An Academy Fanfiction about Sang as a little girl and her adventures with her Grandparents. The Blackbourne team are along for the ride as well. I...
212K 18.4K 59
Sang's storybook happy ending is just within her grasp. Now that everyone involved with the distribution of JH-14 and the whole money laundering sch...