AWAKENING

By nikkihershell

#1 on the billionaire hot list (May 16) Avery Tanner's life is about to change when she saves a young man fro... More

Here Now, Gone Tomorrow
Always On My Mind
Hocus Pocus
Breaking The Rules
Mr. Rude
Triggered
Flashes
Only My Bestie
Head Rush
Baffled And Beat
Dead Man Walking
Coast Is Clear
The Hacinda
My Little Captive
Breaking Free
Torturing The Truth
A Cry For Help
Beg Baby Beg
Temperamental Cocktails
Rags To Riches
Secrets In The Dark
The Final Goodbye
Ain't No Sunshine
Welcome Home
Just A Dream
Without A Trace
The Last Icebreaker
First Time For Everything
Fast Time's
Thing's Fairytales Are Made Of
Camelot Falls
update
Eye Witness
I'm Not Alone
Early Release
Loco B
It Ain't Me No More
Return To The Hacinda
Warrior Princess
Can You Breathe
Severo's Mistake
Scheming Deamon
Severo's Venom
Make A Move
Forgive, Never Forget
Not In The Near Future
Vegas Queen
The True Test
Steamy Truths
But I'm The Princess
Reach For Me, Please
Fool Me Once, Fool Me Twice
Timing Is Always Off
Just Ain't Happening
Ta Da
Wedding Crasher
Mr&Mrs
Sending My Love
Marriage Life
Awakening The Devil
Dead Lines
Up To My Neck
Protector
Back At It
Moving On
The Meeting
Men And Their Deals
It's A Girl
hmmmmm
Who Would Have Thought
Happy Valentine's

Sorry

34.9K 1.6K 133
By nikkihershell

After my shower, I lounged on the bed gingerly, careful not to apply to much pressure on my bruised bottom. I couldn't believe the audacity he had to spank me like some disobedient child. My eye's welled up with tears again as I replayed the humiliating event. As I laid bent over his desk letting out tiny whimpers with each blow he brandished upon me, squeezing back tears, I never once said no or stop. I never once tried to get up. Instead I laid there and took it as if I deserved it. I don't know why I didn't fight back. Was it because I was scared what he would do if I tried or maybe a tiny piece of me enjoyed his punishment.

Letting a sniffle out, Lana looked at me. "Avery, what's wrong?"

I shook my head no and just shrugged my shoulders.

"Come now. Tell me".

Whimpering I replied. "Severo spanked me".

A goofy giggle bubbled out of her mouth. "Like how?"

Rolling my eye's I sniffled. "Like I was sent to the principles office. Said I'm never to give attention to another man. H-he even made me twerk".

"Wow, dude's got issues". Lana said in her I'm going to defend my best friend tone.

To add more damage to my pride I was sitting in my room sniffling and with sore feelings just like a child would do. Before more could be said a knock sounded at the door. I prayed it wasn't him, not wanting to face him after this morning. I don't know if I'd ever be able to face him again. In walked the maid with two beautiful dresses. "Mr. Marettia is having a business dinner tonight followed by a social mixer. He has requested that you both attend. Hair and makeup will arrive shortly".

I could only scoff after the maid left. How dare he. I was beyond furious at him and he keeps adding fuel to the flame. I despise these mixed feelings I have for him more than anything. I want to like him so much. I want him to want me as well and just when I think I can forgive him for what he did to me and ignore the fact of what he does, he goes and does things like this to me and my resentment returns.

I don't like this controlling, domineering side of him. I liked him better when he was Mr. Rude. Back when he didn't have a memory of this life or when we share secrets in the dark. It's like once the lights dim and his eye's are hidden on the protection of the dark, only then can he be the man I first met. The man who makes me want him. It's like he can only be sweet and vulnerable if the light's are out.

My thoughts were interrupted by Lana's ah's and ooh's as she fingered the dresses that had been delivered. "Aren't they just gorgeous Avery?"

Turing away from them, I snorted. No, I didn't feel like a special princess this time. Not even when the crew came to place curls in our hair or paint our lips. No, I was in major sulk mode.

The time came to make our entrance in the dinning room. As usual I noticed the men's gaze trail to us but I didn't feel elated this time. Walking toward a few empty chairs near the end, I saw Tallon but he quickly broke eye contact with me. As I prepared to sit, I heard my name being called out by no other than him. Glancing up, he pointed to the empty chair beside him. Not wanting to risk another spanking, I left Lana behind and joined him. As I neared he rose to extend my chair and I eased my way down careful of my sore bottom.

As he returned to his seat he leaned over with a smirk. "Tender bottom sunshine?"

I kept my gaze straight ahead not giving him the satisfaction. That's how I spent my evening, ignoring him at all costs. I engaged in conversation with other's but gave him the cold shoulder. Many times I felt his hand upon my thigh giving it a light, possessive squeeze. At one point he leaned over a whispered in my ear. "You look beautiful tonight sunshine".

"I don't feel it" I murmured.

Severo gave a sigh of frustration and mused his neat hair. "Why must you be difficult?" He hissed into my ear.

"Why did you do that to me today?"
I hissed back.

"You needed it".

Those word's finally made me turn and look at him with fire in my eye's. "Excuse me?" I spoke a bit over a whisper. "I needed it?" I repeated in a high pitch tone expressing my disbelief at his word's.

Having heard enough and frankly not wanting to be in his presence, I tossed my lien napkin onto my plate of untouched food. "I'm done here". I said as I stood.

"Sit". He commanded threatenly as heads turned toward us as our open display grabbed their attention.

Normally I was a very compliant person but not tonight, not with him. I didn't care what the outcome would be for my actions, all I knew in that moment was that  I was sick of his hot and cold games. I wasn't some child or employee that he could just order around and I was determined to show him that. In front of God and everyone, I looked down my nose at him and snarled "no". Then stomped out with my head held high.

In that moment all chatter had ebbed, you didn't even hear the sound of drinks being poured or silverware clinking against the fine China. All eye's was glued to us, until I waltzed out.

Opting for the courtyard instead of my room, I seeked out a secluded bench hidden by many cactus. Soon as I sat down tears tumbled down. I wanted to go home, I didn't know what to expect now after my very public tantrum. All I wanted was for my life to go back as it was. Before I found him close to death, before I invited him in my home. I'd rather be stuck with Jerry watching his failed magic tricks than with someone who may or may not kill me at any given time.

I was so frustrated and wrapped in my own thoughts, I never saw him approach me. "What the hell was that Avery?"

Not giving a crap what was to come I lashed back. "That was me telling you no. Why? Never heard that word before?"

"Don't be wise with me". He warned.

"Then stop treating me like I'm nothing". I screamed.

Rushing toward me he bent down getting in my face. "Do not raise your voice like that. Understand?"

"No, I don't understand". I screamed yet again and for some reason my hand darted out and connected with his cheek. From sheer shock at myself I gasped and placed my hand over my mouth. Never had I hit someone, especially the mob boss. "I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean to do that".

Severo stood straight and felt his cheek. I rose to flee to my room because I knew I just went too far this time. Before I made it halfway up the stairs to his private quarter's he caught up to me. Lunging himself upon me, I fell down on the steps and he landed on top of me. Precisely right on top of me. My legs were spread wide as his hips fit perfectly in between them. Our couches pressed snuggly together. "What is your deal? He asked gruffly.

"You. You are'. I cried.

Your like night and day. I never know which to expect with you. You confuse me so. The way you treat me hurts and just when I'm ready to force myself to not like you, you go back to being the nice guy I originally met. Then I'm right back at square one. You hurt me today and act as if I should be thankful, pleasant."

"If I was hurting you why didn't you stop me, tell me no?" He accused

"Because you scare me to death. Would it have mattered anyway? Would you have stopped?"

"Yes, for you I would had. Why can't you see that Avery? You say your scared of me but the truth is I'm scared of you. I'm scared of how you make me feel and I don't like it. That's why my mood can suddenly change around you. I want nothing more than to give in to these feelings that's why I lash out at you. It's easier if you just hate me".

"But don't you see Severo, I can't hate you. God I've tried. Given myself reason upon reason why your bad for me but I can't hate you and it infuriates me".

A female's voice interrupted our honest moment by calling his name out in her fake delicate voice. I knew just what female it was. She had made eye's at him all night and rattled off the most annoying laugh at everything. However Severo bought none of it. His focus was mainly on me but I had ignored him.

We had managed to pull ourselves together before she rounded the corner. "There you are handsome. I've been looking for you. Come, the drinks are about to begin."

I was about to tell him to go on with her when he spoke up. "I'll be down with my lady shortly".

My head spun quickly toward him befuddled by this astonishing admittance. The girl left in quite a flurry and Severo smiled down on me. "Come sunshine, join me for the remainder of the evening then we will finish this talk".

"But I must look awful. My make-up is ruined".

He took his handkerchief out and dabbed around my eye's. "Now. Just as beautiful as always".

"But I'm embarrassed over my earlier behavior".

" Don't be. No one will dare mention it".

Not giving me anymore time to make up excuses, he grabbed my hand and led me to the party.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●○○○●●●●●●●●●●▪

Just want to thank all my readers!!  Thanks for your support, votes, and comments!! I greatly appreciate it!! Also thanks to my silent readers for the views!! If you like the chapter please vote and drop a comment!! Would love to hear from you!! If your not a Double Standards fan yet, I highly suggest to check those books out! You'll love them! Thank you all!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 8.5K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
408K 8.2K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...
525K 24.9K 48
What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her back by Miguel's heartless frenemy?? Mi...
324K 12.9K 34
Esmeray was raised in a shitty orphanage and she didn't attend college. She started working at the age of eighteen. She rented the cheapest apartment...