Cultist

By BubblyBarry

Highest ranking: #1 in Danvid && #12 in CampCamp ! During Daniel's entire life, he had one purpose; help peop... More

Chapter 1, Beginning
Chapter 3, Static
Chapter 4, David
Chapter 5, And It All Just Stopped
Chapter 6, Change
Chapter 7, Slumber Party
Chapter 8, Accident
Chapter 9, Too Drunk
Chapter 10, Hangover
Chapter 11, First
Chapter 12, Strike The Match
Chapter 13, Secret
Chapter 14, Lies
Chapter 15, Swipe Screen To Unlock
Not an updated but..
Chapter 16, Sneaky
Chapter 17, Heaven
Chapter 18, Boyfriend
Chapter 19, Thinking
Chapter 20, Pain
Chapter 21, Sometimes
Chapter 22, Wrong
Chapter 23, The End
Chapter 24, So This Is What It Feels Like
New book(s)

Chapter 2, A Kid Named Max

5.4K 152 216
By BubblyBarry

(Daniel's POV)

The camp looked run down when I got to the entrance. That was a good sign though because that meant that the children might be easier to manipulate. Low standards usually meant I could appeal to them easily. I walked under the sign that had the name Camp Campbell on it, however the 'bell' portion was scratched off. I held the newspaper with the help wanted ad on it in my hand, the paper was itchy and the ink was certainly getting all over my pale hands. The ad told me I had to speak with Gwen, I assumed she was a manager or someone of higher authority at this camp. I immediately spotted a cabin that said the words 'counselors' above the front door, it was still very early in the morning so I was hoping someone inside could direct me to Gwen. I approached the door and knocked, placing a huge smile on my face. A girl opened the door with a grouchy looking face. She had brown hair messily tied up, strands falling into her tanned face. She was wearing a green shirt with a pine tree design on it, and brown shorts.

"Umm... David I told you you had the week off, and why did you bleach your hair?" the girl asked me. I stared at her in a confused way and then handed her the news paper.

"I'm here to speak with Gwen about the opening for a camp counselor, my name is Daniel not David and my hairs always been blonde." I let out an uneasy laugh because I wasn't sure what to say really. I had no idea what this girl was talking about. She stared at me, paying close attention to my eyes and then laughed in a more uneasy way then I did.

"Whoops. Sorry it's a Monday, you look a lot like my co counselor David. I'm Gwen, it's nice to meet you Daniel." the girl introduced herself. I put the first interaction between us behind me and shook Gwen's hand, telling her it was nice to meet her. Gwen lead me inside the cabin and brought me over to a small desk on the other side of the room. On the left side there were two separate beds, one had a log on the floor beside it and the blanket laying on top had the same pine tree icon on it as Gwen's shirt. The other had purple sheets and nothing weird leaning up against the bed frame.

"Ok so I could give you a full on interview but I'm the only counselor here because the guy I mentioned earlier is taking his vacation days this week and the kids are going to be up very soon so how about this," Gwen passed me a piece of paper and a pen, pulling up a seat for me.

"Just fill that out, and then meet me in the mess hall ok?" she spoke, her voice was void of enthusiasm, but it didn't matter, she looked tired and upset. I thanked her and she groaned, walking out of the cabin and over to another part of the camp. I looked at the paper. It wasn't a normal application, it only had 5 questions on it; Full name, Date of birth, Work availability, SIN, and Signature. There wasn't even any questions about previous work experience or skills or nothing. This camp didn't seem like it was going to be very hard to get into. I quickly filled out the sheet, putting the pen back where Gwen had got it from and walking outside. I scanned the area for a building that said Mess Hall and soon enough found one. I walked over to it and opened the door, spotting Gwen trying to round up many children who didn't seem to be listening.

"For fuck sakes it's Monday just please listen to me!" Gwen shouted to a specific boy with dark skin and dark hair in a blue sweater. He was holding a fork in his hand, swinging it at Gwen.

"No! Now that David isn't here I'm going to fucking rebel!" the child shouted. Four kids who were behind him held their forks up high in the air, chanting along with the first boy. Gwen made fists with her hands and growled loudly at the children. I walked over in front of them and waved my hands.

"Whoa now children, don't you have any respect for your counselor?" I asked, the kid with the blue sweater immediately stopped what he was doing, looking at me in a very confused way. A girl with green pig tails shook her fork in the air.

"No we don't!" she shouted. The blue sweater kid shushed her and looked back at me.

"Who the fuck is that?!" he shouted. Gwen came in to intervene now that the kids had stopped swinging forks.

"This is Daniel, Max, and he's here to apply for a job so can we please act like civilized human beings for one goddamn day!" Gwen scolded the boy. He crossed his arms and dropped the fork on the ground.

"Fine. This is your only free day Gwen, after that, it's the rebellion!" the boy, Max, shouted. I looked at Max, trying to work my cultist charm as I was told to do.

"Max, why do you feel the need to rebel against those who are in charge of you?" I asked him, wanting to know the facts. Max gave me an unpleasant look.

"I have a problem with authority." Max spat back. I decided to take a crack at some of his followers. It's much easier to change the path of someone who follows than someone who leads.

"And, why are you kids following Max?" I asked, a lanky boy with mess light brown hair raised his hand.

"Because Max promised us freedom." he spoke. I gestured towards the group and smiled.

"Ok, well Max can't get you freedom, but I can. However, first I need you to all go and sit down and eat your breakfast without talking!" I told them as an insensitive. I wanted them to know I was on their side, a side of freedom. Zeemuug would give it to them in about a weeks time when we have our ascension party.

"Yay ok!" the green haired girl cheered and went to go sit down at a table followed by the rest of Max's followers. Max rolled his eyes and walked off and I placed my hands on my hips, feeling accomplished. These kids listened to me right away, what a triumph.

"Oh my god how did you do that?!" Gwen asked me, her eyes as wide as ever. I shrugged and handed her my application.

"I have a way with kids." I informed her. She looked at the application and then at me. She folded it up and shoved it into her pocket, patting me on the back.

"Well, you're hired for sure. I'll give you a tour and run down today and then you can start tomorrow, how does that sound?" Gwen told me. I stared at her a little confused.

"What? For real? That was the easiest job I've ever got.." I explained, Gwen just shrugged.

"Yeah I really don't care. If you can handle kids you're hired that's really it." Gwen spoke. I binned a couple times feeling as though this was too easy. When all the kids were done eating, Gwen rounded them up and informed them that her and them were going to take me on a tour because I would be starting work the next day. We all headed outside into the warm summer air and walked along the dirt path towards other cabins. Gwen gesture to the counselors cabin and then turned to me.

"You already saw this place, this is where you will be staying for the summer. You are more then welcome to drive out to town and other things like that but since this camp is pretty far away from civilization, we have employee accommodations. We'll have to get another bed for you but for now you can use David's and when David comes back you can just use mine because that's when I'm taking my holidays." Gwen told me, she looked me up and down and then continued "You look like a clean guy anyways, you can ruin David's shit, just don't ruin my shit." Gwen said. I nodded to her and followed her to the next spot on her tour. She walked a little ways down from the mess hall and stopped in front of a group of tents.

"This is where the campers sleep." Gwen informed.

"We hate it!" Max shouted from behind us. A couple of kids agreed with him, it was the green haired girl and the lanky boy. Gwen pressed her fingers against the bridge of her nose.

"Shut up please." Gwen groaned at the children. I turned and gave them a look, it made them stop and look at the ground. All except Max. He just stared back at me with an evil look in his eyes. We continued walking and I felt something tap my side. When I turned to look at it, I saw Max standing there.

"I'm on to you man." Max spat, I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean?" I spoke, choosing my words wisely. Max picked at his finger nails.

"What's with the cult get up huh? Something you're not telling us?" Max said this almost too loud. How did this little shit find me out that easily? I just had to play it cool.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I spoke back, Max just looked at me.

"I'm not going to let you do anything to me, you got that? I don't care what you really are, you're not fooling me." Max threatened, he fell back into the group. I just laughed to myself because this boy didn't know me, and I get everyone I want. Gwen showed me the dock and the mess of camp activities they had going on along with a hiking trail and other forgettable things. When we got back to the mess hall, she let the kids runoff and turned to me, placing her fists on her hips.

"Ok so come tomorrow at some point in the morning, dress of being outside, pack clothes for the week and some extras, we have a washer machine and a shower so don't worry about those things, the town near by has sun screen, food, whatever else you might need..." Gwen patted my back.

"I'll see you tomorrow then Daniel, I want to say bright and early but it's when ever you want to be here really, I don't care you still get paid." Gwen waved goodbye to me as she said these words, she walked off to attend to the kids and left me alone at the exit. I walked away with my hands in my pocket, smiling to myself because that was so easy. I climbed into my car, turning it on and pulling out of the parking area for the camp. I drove a little further and found the town Gwen had mentioned. I pulled up to a motel and booked a shady room for the night. I didn't ever feel threatened in life, I knew how to handle people who tried to hurt me. Max would be no different. I laid down on the squeaky mattress and closed my eyes. Ready to start the day tomorrow and turn some kids into corpses.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

536K 15.1K 31
(She pronouns, if male or whatever ignore the pronouns I guess) (This also turns into a David x Reader.) A beautiful and crazy camp, with laughs, go...
121K 4.6K 32
Evil Gay man x Innocent Tree Man
97.1K 4.3K 30
The dust has settled after Daniel, and things have returned to a sense of semi-normalcy. Then David begins to act strange. He's hiding things, and th...
463 8 20
CAMP CAMP AU When the 10 members of Dayrage High School's "Teens Against Pollution" notice their classmates are slowly working against the local chur...