DUSK TILL DAWN ~> JUGHEAD JON...

By RowanMorgenstern

"We never really see the beauty in things, until we take a really good look at them." (Riverdale fanfiction)... More

A/N
~
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A few Moodboards
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Book 2 is up!

Chapter 43

6.8K 140 13
By RowanMorgenstern

TODAY marked the day of being Jughead's birthday, of course he told me not to tell anyone, the certain person being our very own, Betty Cooper.

Betty would make a fuss out of it, throwing a party would be one of them. months of dating Jughead has given me a lot of time to get to know him, I knew he didn't want a party so I wasn't going to make him have one.

"Do you think Jughead will like this?" I asked Jerome, holding up the drawing I had been working on for the last week.

Jerome nodded his head as he stood up "It looks so real." He spoke while walking over and brushing his finger tips lightly over the drawing.

I smiled "that's exactly what I was going for." I looking down at the drawing, it was a drawing of Juggy and I, hence why it took me a week of perfecting its every quality and every detail.

"You even got his beanie right." Jerome mused as he sat down on the chair, I nodded and groaned "that was hard, his beanie is like his life line." I laughed "it has to be perfect."

"You did a magnificent job, he's gonna love it." He smirked as I put the drawing into the box and placing the chocolates I had bought over the top, securely placing the lid on top "Can you tie the ribbon over it please?" I asked, walking over to the kettle and turning it on.

"Sure, what color?" He asked.

"Um, black." I spoke hearing Jerome laugh once again "so basic."

"Yeah, Just like you." I spoke using a sarcastic tone, Jerome made a 'ooo' sound as he turned around "did I just get roasted?" He asked playfully.

"Obviously." I wet my lips and handed a mug to Jerome, he smiled like a child in a candy store as he took a sip "this tea is life."

"At least it has one." I giggled.

"Why are you so sarcastic today, child?" He asked as I shrugged "maybe it's something in the air."

"Anyhoo! Are you ready for school?" I asked with amusement lacing my voice as I stood up walking over to the floor length mirror.

I was wearing a gray collared shirt with a black denim mini skirt and some basic white converse on my feet and of course the beanie my Father gave me.

A simple outfit for a simple day.

"No and yeah." He said grabbing his School bag, I picked up mine and grasped the car keys in my hand. "You'll be great."

I threw the keys at Jerome and told him to get in while I said goodbye to Jen.

I opened the door and smiled "I'm off to school now." I spoke gently as she looked up at me, a small smile graced her appearance. "Have a great day, baby girl."

I leaned down and kissed her cheek. "Jessica and Rose should be coming over soon." I said as I walked over to the door.

Jen just smiled at me as I walked out, making my way out of the house and towards the car.
.
.
.
.
I had given Jerome the tour of the school, I could tell he was eager to see Betty, his eyes would be wondering around, looking for the preppy blonde.

"She's in the common room with Veronica and Archie." I spoke, his eyes drifted down to me as he tilted his head slightly "how did yo-"

"Your eyes tell me everything." I laughed as I took his hand dragging his over to the common room

"-why the hell would Clifford Blossom have anything to do with why he's in prison?" I heard Veronica ask as I opened the door, they looked up as Veronica raised her brow.

"Who's this?" She asked, standing up while holding out her hand out towards Jerome "Veronica Lodge." She introduced, Jerome shook her hand "Jerome Blythe."

Betty then stood up with a cheesy smile on her face "also known as my boyfriend." She blushed as Jerome walked over and kissed her head, grasping her small hand In his.

"Spill." Was all Veronica said as she made Jerome and Betty sit down, Archie introduced himself before he and I walked out of the room, the both of us starting to make our way down the corridor.

"Hey, you may or may not know this." Archie spoke "but, it's Jughead's Birthday."

"Yeah, I know." I smiled "it's tomorrow and he doesn't want to make a big deal out of it."

"How did you know?" He asked.

"I'm his girlfriend, Arch." I spoke in a duh tone "he told me a while ago."

"Well every year he goes to a double feature at the Bijou, it's like this tradition." Archie spoke, I nodded my head and  listened "the last few years I've been his movie buddy, but now that he has a girlfriend-"

"Of course I'll take him." I spoke smiling "you can still come with."

"Nah, I don't wanna be a third wheel." He responded.

"Fine It's your loss" I laughed.

"I need to go." Archie spoke as he smiled, I waved goodbye and walked over to my locker, not knowing that Betty Cooper had just heard what we said and was planning something.
.
.
.
"Happy birthday." I whispered into Jughead's ear, he looked over at me and smiled obviously knowing I was whispering so that know one could hear me.

"Thanks, Baby." He smiled, leaning over to place a kiss on my lips.

I knew that Betty was trying to get FP to agree to this stupid party that everyone agreed to, I didn't agree, not at all.

I sat down next to him in the booth at Pop's as I opened my bag and pulled out the box.

"I told you not to get me anything." He spoke, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear, blushing I shrugged "I wanted too."

He took the box from my hands and pulled away the ribbon, smiling as he saw the chocolates at the top. I bit my lip as he looked down at the drawing, his expression was unreadable as he looked over at me "This is beautiful." He whispered.

"Really?" I asked in a shy tone as Jughead nodded, he leaned over and hugged me, burying his face into the crook of my neck, the heat of his breath on my neck gave me goosebumps as I smiled.

"I'm glad you like it." I said as we pulled away, I kissed his cheek and leaned my head onto his shoulder "i love you, Juliet." He spoke softly as I smiled "I love you, Juggy."
.
.
.
.
Jughead pulled the pizza out of the oven as he smirked placing it onto the table as Archie went to cut it "So a John Landis double feature at the Bijou." He spoke looking at Archie and I.

I pulled out three plates and put them onto the table "American Werewolf in London and Animal House."

"That's awesome." Archie replied , I handed Jughead a plate with a slice of pizza on it as he smiled at an.

"But.. you're going with me." I cut in, winking at Jughead, he nodded and looked at Archie "you don't wanna come with?" He asked.

"Again, I'm not gonna be the third wheel." Archie replied "why do you hate your birthday so much?"

"PTSD from when I was a kid." Jughead replied "I don't know, things were always messed up at home, usually because of my dad, and there was this arbitrary day, that we would just get together and pretend things were great, we were normal."

I placed my hands onto jughead's shoulders as I listened to his story "it just made me feel really lonely." He finished as I leaned down and kissed his cheek.

"You're never going to be lonely with me around." I smiled as I walked over and bit into my piece of pizza.
.
.
.
Jughead and I were holding hands as we were walking towards Archie's home, nerves were striking through me as at this moment all I wanted was to turn around and take him back to the trailer, cuddle with him on the couch while watching a film.

But Betty would kill me, i I locked the door as we both walked In, the door closed behind me as the lights switched on, everyone shouting surprise as even I jumped back.

"This is why we left the double feature?" He asked me, I nodded "I didn't wanna die." I responded as he nodded, knowing Betty planned this.

"Happy birthday, bro." Archie said as he hugged Jughead "Hey, you really shouldn't have." I heard Jughead whisper as I leaned in. "Like really, you shouldn't have."

"Damn Andrews." I spoke as I leaned away down him "you reek."

Jughead wrapped his arm around my waist "Are you drunk?" He asked, Archie shook his head "no."

Veronica said something I didn't understand as Jughead just looked uncomfortable "Thanks, Veronica. Thanks, everyone." He said.

I leaned my head on Jughead's shoulder "I wanna go back to the movie." I sighed. "Me too." He spoke back, placing a kiss on my head.

Kevin walked over and held his arms open, I took that as my cue to leave him and walk over to Betty who was placing candles into the cake "isn't this too much?" I asked, she shook her head.

"No, not at all." She spoke before shooting me out of the room, I saw Joaquin and smiled.

"Long time to see." I giggled as he hugged me. "Good to see you again." He chuckled.

"I see you have met my boyfriend."
I spoke as he nodded.

The lights dimmed as I grasped hold of Juggy's hand, Betty came out singing 'happy birthday' in a creepy tone, even I was spooked out.

"Oh hell naw." I whispered before I looked down at the cake and grinned "blow them candles out before I do."

Betty handed him the cake as she smiled. "That was haunting, Betty." He spoke as she just laughed.

"Blow out the candles, make a wish." She exclaimed, putting her hands together and smiling.

"Make sure it's about me." I whispered, he sent me a smirk as he blew them out. "I wish it was just you and me right now." He whispered looking at me, I bit my lip and smiled at everyone.

"One blow!" Kevin exclaimed as I laughed slightly, Archie wondering off to find Veronica who hand disappeared.

Betty and Jughead went to go and get some ice cream as I went over to the couch, the door bell rung as I groaned, standing up and walking over to it.

I opened the door as Cheryl barged in, and what looked like to be the whole School behind her. "Did you really think you could have a party without inviting moi?"

"Or me?" Chuck spoke from behind her, making me roll my eyes. "Archie, where do you want the kegs?" Moose asked, I looked over at Archie who looked conflicted before smirking "screw it, one in the kitchen, one in the backyard."
.
.
.
The loud music vibrates through my ears as I rub my head, a headache already starting to form.

People were drunk, dancing all over the place, people half dressed and not caring.

Archie grasped my hand and spun me around, a squeal escaping my throat as I shook my head, walking away from the chaos, my mission was to find my boyfriend.

I walked outside and into the garage where Jughead was sitting on a chair, stroking Archie's dog. "I found you." I spoke as I walked over to him, sitting on the arm of the chair. He pulled me down so I was sitting on his lap, my head on his chest as I let my feet dangle over to side.

"Non of this was meant to happen." I sighed, playing with the loose thread on his jacket "I didn't even want to do this."

"I know, I don't blame you." He spoke making me look up at him. "Betty just can't take no for an answer."

I looked into his eyes and smiled, how was I so lucky to have this boy in my life?

The door opened as Archie walked in "dude! Valerie just got here, do you think she wants me back?" He asked.

"Archie, shut up." I mumbled as I buried my head into Jughead's neck.

"Archie, as my blood brother, it was your sole responsibility to ensure that something like this never happened on my birthday." Jughead responded as he wrapped his arms around me, my eyes fluttered closed as I listened to the conversation. "Now We're here, in the middle of a Seth Rogen movie."

"This was Betty's idea, I just went along with it, Juliet didn't even want to do it." Archie replied as I made a noice of agreement.

"It's so not me." Jughead muttered.

"It doesn't matter, you're Betty's Friend."

"What does that mean?" He asked.

"It means you're getting a birthday party whether you want one or not."

"This is why he's dating me." I mumbled as I felt sleep drifting towards me, Jughead kissed my head as I smiled slightly.

A soft knock came from the door as i heard someone walk in "Dad, Hey." Jughead spoke as I felt myself why lifted up and placed back down on the chair, this time Jughead not with me.

"Happy birthday, Jughead." FP said, I felt someone tuck a strand of hair behind my ear "she's sleeping?" I heard him ask before I felt sleep take me away.

Authors Note,

I have hated my chapters recently, so I hope with this one being long and all it will be better, it will continue onto the next chapter which will be updated hopefully very soon!

I hope you liked it!

~Robyn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.5K 2.4K 155
𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜; lack of light, evil, sadness, or lack of hope. 𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚢; the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives...
316K 5.7K 52
here we go with my new book! super excited for this one:) also- this will have betty, veronica, cheryl, josie, all of them in it & more even. enjoy...
26.7K 855 36
Athena Marie Lodge. The unknown girl in town, alongside her twin sister. She grows to have an interest in Jughead Jones, To the point where she gets...
6.2K 95 17
~ DISCONTINUED ~ JUST KEEP READING THE CHAPTERS GET BETTER I SWEAR! ~ Betty Cooper: Your perfect, blonde, beautiful, smart girl-next-door. Little do...