Betrayed By Fate

By alice-ayuzawa

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson... More

Author Note
"That smile of yours is haunting me"
Chapter 1 |Wolfsbane
Chapter 2 |Alpha Visitor
Chapter 3 | Escape
Chapter 4 | Jenn
Chapter 5 | Stranger
Chapter 6 | Mate
Chapter 7 | 'Alpha King'
Chapter 8 | Rejection
Chapter 9 | Taunting
Chapter 10 | Awaken
Chapter 11 | Stay
Chapter 12 | Tag Along
Chapter 13 | Jake
Chapter 14 | Aether
Chapter 15 | Shopping
Chapter 16 | Flower
Chapter 17 | Bloodshed
Chapter 18 | "Lily"
Chapter 19 | Confronting
Chapter 20 | Return
Chapter 21 | Past
Chapter 22 | Brother
Chapter 23 | "Netflix And Chill"
Chapter 24 | Lost
Chapter 25 | Seer
Chapter 26 | Memory
Chapter 27 | Heated
Chapter 28 | Apple
Chapter 29 | Arlen
Chapter 30 | Bunny?
Chapter 31 | I Love You
Chapter 32 | Surprise?
Chapter 33 | Forest
Chapter 34 | "Rogue"
Chapter 35 | Prank
Chapter 36 | "Nothing happened"
Chspter 36.5 | Bonus
Chapter 37 | Kiss
Chapter 38 | Luke
Chapter 39 | R.I.P
Chapter 40 | "I won't"
Chapter 41 | Party
Chapter 42 | "Burn it!"
Chapter 43 | Silver
Chapter 44 | Leave
Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"
Chapter 46 | Meeting
Chapter 48 | Punch Me
New book
Chapter 49 | Save her
Characters Magazine [pleeease read]
Chapter 50 | I Will Tell Him
Chapter 51 | Pain
Hi...please don't kill me A/N
Chapter 52 | Goddess
Chapter 53 | Angel
NOTE
Chapter 54 | Time
Chapter 55 | Blood
Chapter 56 | Home
Chapter 57 | "I love you..."
Chapter 58 | Why
Chapter 59 | You Are Lost
Chapter 60 | Smile
Epilogue |1| Brown
Epilogue |2| Babies
Epilogue |3| Story
Epilogue |4| Mystery?
Q&A (and interesting facts )

Chapter 47 | Zaire

36.9K 1.4K 244
By alice-ayuzawa

Thank you so much MythicalStorm16
For this wonderful cover <3 ^^

(Arian's pov)

Jake's wound is doing a lot better. He also says he doesn't have any memory of yesterday but I have a feeling he is lying just to not face the embarrassment.

He even threw me out of his hospital room, that prick. After I ran after him through half the pack with a Luke in a dress beside me. What is reputation? Never heard of that.

He is acting..weird.

I am not worried about his silver wound anymore but his headaches, they seem to get worse these days. He passed out a couple times from the immense pain. Even Savannah came by, she was the one who has kept an eye on him since his headaches started. She wasn't able to explain his headaches from his young age till now.

Jake being him threw me out without a word.

Maybe he couldn't bear my face anymore, I couldn't blame him. I didn't put any effort into hiding my worry.

I am scared.

I, Arian, am scared.

After what Luke told me, my worry doubled.

"Hey, Arian? Are you there?" Jenn's voice interrupted my way of thoughts.

"Yeah...so why are you worried about Zaire again?" I asked.

We were sitting on a park bench, kids were running around playing tag at this noon.

"He has been working every day without a day off, he hasn't slept much the last month. Even when I asked him to take a day off he gives me this look...which makes me want to punch him" she grumbled.

"What look?"

"A pained 'You-wouldn't-understand' look. I can't force him to rest if he gives me that damn look! All he has been doing is work or more like research-"

That caught my attention "Did you see what it was?" I glanced at her nonchalantly.

"It was...something about dreams and Alpha visions. Do you think.." her face twisted into a thoughtful frown.

"Think what?" I pressured a little.

"He...has been having a bad night sleep since he had that nightmare...I couldn't get him to wake up until I splashed cold water on him. He looked at me like I was some ghost, so scared..." she nibbled on her thumb.

"Don't worry, he will get himself together. Just make sure he doesn't forget he needs to eat. Workaholics tend to do that" I added as I stood up and so did she.

"He really does forget, he is such a kid sometimes" she sighed.

"Jenn, are you...happy?" I glanced at her as we walked the path out of the park.

Maybe it is the fact she still reminds me of Lily, even if it is her physical features and calm nature.

Or that she reminds me of what I went through, I just want to hear it from her.

I want to see Lily happy. I know it is selfish and pathetic of me to see Lily in Jenn. I know it is wrong but I still do it. Because it feels like I can redeem my past where I couldn't save Lily. I saved Jenn. Now that she is here, did I help her be happy?

Again, pathetic I know.

"Right now? No, I am more angry at Zaire than happy," she huffed "I thought when I find my mate I would have my happy ending, but I am still living, so this is not the ending yet and there are yet so many difficulties to be faced...my life could end on a high or low note, not knowing which it will be is the charm of life. Everything could still happen. You can't always be happy" she smiled.

"These are actually not my words. Zaire hit me with this philosophical sh*t of his when...I asked him what he thinks of happy endings" she gave me a thin smile. I am pretty sure it was not the question she actually asked him but I didn't dare to question the lost gleam in her eyes.

"Oh, Luna! And female beta! It has been a while" a young voice made us spin around, we were met with the brown-haired boy I met at the last pack party.

"Hi, Liam." Jenn smiled at him and ruffled his hair a little. They indeed knew each other.

"How did you meet him?" I asked Jenn.

"I met him once on a walk in the pack" she smiled brightly at the 14-year-old.

Go...go...go..

The voice whispered, its voice barely audible.

It was scared.

*******

(Zaire's Pov)

What are you doing here Arianrhod Blackburn?

These bad vibes I am getting from her only became more prominent day by day. Her whole being is a mystery. A dangerous one.

My instincts call out to me, kill her. Kill her before it is too late. Get Jenn away from her, get Jake away from her. I want her to leave my pack.

Bring her away from everything you love. A very precise gut feeling if you ask me. As an Alpha, my father taught me to never doubt my instincts if it comes to my pack, it is embedded in me to assess danger...and Blackburn made every alarm light in me go red.

I tried to ignore it for the sake of Jenn and Jake but after that dream...I couldn't ignore it.

The only time an Alpha's dream could be a vision if it has to do with their mate.

I wish I wouldn't know that fact, it made that dream so much more dangerous.

I saw something horrible.  Something that keeps me awake at night. I am not able to think straight, I am not able to think at all, all I can see is her blood.

Her tear filled eyes.

How the light in her eyes just vanished in front of me, like a light switched simply turned off.

I saw her die.

My knees buckled, a sick feeling spreading in the bit of my stomach. Cold sweat drenched the collar of my shirt.

I saw Jenn die, I f*cking saw her begging....choking on her own blood. Blood..her crimson blood pouring out of her, painting the ground, her stomach slashed open, the dark red concealing how many cuts there were, she held a hand on the open wound trying to keep her viscera in her body. Her other hand clawed on the ground trying to move her body off the ground. She was calling me, begging...

She was coughing blood, struggling to breathe.

She f*cking begged me to kill her!

She was in such agony that she begged me to kill her, to end her life.

They were her last words before her breath stopped, and the lights in her eyes extinct.

She was right behind her, with guilty tears she watched her die. Blackburn was the last thing I saw before Jenn woke me up from that nightmare with cold water. I was a shaking mess and almost crushed Jenn because I couldn't let her go, scared that she will disappear and that dream was the reality.

Funny thing that just after I woke up, we heard Blackburn scream in her sleep and Jake holding her, helpless as he tried everything to wake her up.

Jenn trusts her, but she doesn't know that her friend will be the reason she dies even if she doesn't kill her. Jen might die because Blackburn decided to stay here. Something or someone is after her, and if she stays, she will be the reason my pack goes down.

I can't let that happen.

I can't let Jenn die...

She is everything to me.

I looked at the clock, it was noon..usually, at this time Jenn comes here and scolds me for always staying in my office.

Maybe she gave up on you?

Ha-ha very funny.

"Jenn?" I called. I couldn't sense her in the house.

I tried to link her but she has blocked me out.

Panic rose in me, the doubt that something might have happened to her manifesting.

And that after I begged her to keep the link open, damn it!

The memory of her pain filled eyes of that dream flickered in my mind.

You could have asked her sweetly instead of commanding it, idiot.

I know enough about werewolves that you shouldn't be so sarcastic and more supportive of me. Why do you always have to make fun of me?

Give me a break.

It is fun to watch you humans to figure out your mistakes.

You humans go after your feelings, but we go with our instinct.  Why do you think we are one? The best of both worlds.

My head flooded with the memory of that nightmare, my eyes closed as the scene again unfolds behind my closed lids. My breath hitched as the vivid images replayed, the heavy metal smell of blood creeping in. My eyes snapped open, I frantically looked around panting.

This happens too often to my liking.

That dream replaying. Again. Again. Again.

Watching her die, again. Again. Again.

Her broken voice as she asks me to kill her.

It is slowly driving me to insanity.

I can't f*cking do this.

I can't watch Jenn die.

I slammed the door behind me, I was met with the questioning looks of pack members asking inaudibly why I was so tensed. I didn't spare them a glance. I followed Jenn's scent that was almost impossible to make out between the thousand others in the air.

But that didn't faze me, for my senses it was easy to follow the scattered trail of Jenn's scent. It must just have been an hour.

I need to see her, between these nightmares that push me to the verge of insanity, she is the only one who pulls me back. Having her by my side keeps me sane.

Those dreams are dangerously vivid, making me question if it was a dream or the cruel reality I just watched unfold.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw her dark blonde strands dancing in the wind. Her intoxicating scent carried with the wind hitting me like a wave. Her giggle a melody I missed so much these days. I don't think I remember the last time I could look her in the eyes without seeing the Jenn of my dream begging me to...take her life.

She is lonely in a pack where I am her only rock to lean on, even if she doesn't admit it. After being left from her parents and her brother she is afraid of being left.

Sometimes I feel it is the opposite, that I depend too much on her. Which is probably true.

Have you ever met someone, who made you question how you have lived your whole life without them?

For me, Jenn was that someone.

She is my mate, she is my Luna, she is my everything.

And I hate and destroy everything that dares to take her away from me.

If Blackburn is a is the reason something will happen to Jenn, I won't hesitate to kill her.

The question is would you be able to?

She clearly is something different...

My eyes darted at the person beside Jenn, Blackburn stood beside her. She looked uncomfortable almost...scared.

"Great to hear," a high male voice said happily.

My stare wandered to the boy who stood between the two, the teenager looked innocent and friendly.

Adrenaline kicked in. My legs compelled to the sudden command of running. A chill shook my whole body in distaste, cold sweat ran down my forehead.

A powerful growl left my lips, shaking the ground by its intensity. My heart pounded in my chest as I grasped Jenn's Arm my words coming out as another growl "GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I yanked her behind me. My words alerting Blackburn as she automatically took her distance from the brown haired boy.

"WHO. ARE .YOU?" My eyes turned a pitch black, my wolf surfacing.

**********

UwU Mhmm is that a cliffhanger?

*smirks* hello there. :)

Aaand? What do you think?

Poor Zaire, he was silently bearing the weight.
He was a jerk (still is lol), but who wouldn't if they were his place?

**

Ahh...I am excited and scared to bring a specific idea to the story.
I had it planned for so long that I am actually doubting if it that great of a twist or I am just imagining it. After a long time of thinking about it, it loses its spice.

But can't back out now, the whole story I have been dropping hints everywhere. :)

Just tell me if the story comes to the point where you finally realize I am crazy.

This is a disclaimer, (you will see this often) you might not like what I have planned.
Just saying.

So be aware.

I will not tolerate any complaints about the storyline.

Remember my words "I love happy endings :)"

A question...Did you like or think the first chapter of this story was sad or good?

I am honestly stunned how many people say the first chapter made them cry. Or my words moved them.

And I am like

Lol, but really. It was the first chapter I wrote, why do people like it? 😂

Until next time.

Vote
Comment
Share?

Enjoy<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 70.6K 43
To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides that she is one from the rest of the pack...
30.3K 703 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
355K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
1.8M 50K 30
Mates, my parents told me that it would make me happy, ecstatic, over-joyed, excited, and anything but sadness and rejection. And I got the exact opp...