Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
The First Gift to The Bride
Problems- Just a beginning
The (Mis)Understanding
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
A spark
The Zaveri Nagar Mela
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
The Good News
A Bitter News
The Hamsa Naava
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Kanna Nidurinchara
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
The War Begins!
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
The Fall of The Evil
Doubts and Determination
The King and Queen
The Mahamantri
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
A Story to tell
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight

1.2K 70 11
By Meenu_Panda

Bhallaladeva shuddered as he felt something strange as if someone was calling him with a murderous rage. He stood at the parapet in his chamber looking at the big empire of his. Something made him walk towards Amarendra and Devasena's chamber that had been locked for years. He opened it and went in. He stood looking at the human size portrait of his so called brother. He felt as if he was laughing for letting an outsider get the best of him, for letting an outsider burn down his palace, and for letting someone kidnap Devasena from her jail.

He kept looking at the pole remembering the time when he had everything crumbling around him.

Sivagami entered her study after a tiring journey to the interior and exterior Maahishmati villages trying to investigate the rumor. When a rumour spreads, it is very difficult to find its source but it does spread fast like a forest fire. Sivagami was really astonished at how fast people start talking defaming someone. Will they not think about the person once before?

Sighing she summoned for Chandrika.

"Rajamata"

Chandrika bowed in front of Sivagami and stood awaiting her command. Sivagami looked up at her confidante, her guard, her companion and what not.

"Chandrika, you said that the person responsible for everything going around here is from the inside of the palace."

"Avunu Rajamata. I said what I gathered"

Chandrika replied politely. Sivagami eyed her, whether to scold for the comment or make her take back or make her withdraw the polite mask, she did not know. All she could do was sigh.

"Truth is a bitter poison Rajamata!"

"I understood that the moment I decided to look into royal matters myself decades ago. But still it does not mean that I would like it"

Chandrika chose not to comment on it and she chose well. Sivagami started pacing around the salon of her royal suite.

"What else did you gather?"

"Kattappa is still on the lookout for Maharaja Bahubali"

"Not that! I am asking about the conspirators"

"The conspirators have done what they could. Defaming is a nasty weapon to handle. But for now, there is another pressing matter that needs looking into"

"Which would be?"

"I think Mahishmati is about to be attacked."

There was perfect silence the moment Chandrika spilled the news.

On the other side, in Royal study Kattappa stood with his head bowed as Maharaja Bhallaladeva paced and with every passing moment, his eyes were taking a darker shade of red.

"How could this ever happen?"

"I don't know Maharaja! But looks like this time the force is just too much. We need more soldiers"

"And who is having the guts to even think about attacking my Kingdom"

"That is not yet known"

"Then how did you even know about this possible attack"

"Sources Maharaja! And instincts"

"Don't you dare act smart with me"

Kattappa could only bow his head.

"Kattappa! Are our soldiers ready?"

".."

"Why are you silent"

"Its better that you see the soldiers for yourself Maharaja. And then comment on their readiness!"

Bhalla was outraged. His slave was back answering him. That orphan brother of his has given too much liberty to servants and slaves that they have tend to forgotten their place.

"Make them ready for review!"

Kattappa bowed in disrespectful courtesy and left the place leaving outraged father son duo.

"A slave with a tongue. Not so good"

"Now you don't start! I already have too much to think about"

"Bhalla! Overthinking will only lead to more clumsiness!"

"ENOUGH!"

Bhalla yelled but then taking a deep breath tried to calm himself out.

"Where is Prasanna Devi?"

"She is with her parents in Guest suite"

"They are leaving today"

"Appears so"

"Make sure that they are watched over"

"Already done"

"Hmm.. I will be back in sometime"

Saying Bhalla stormed out leaving a very thoughtful Bijjaladeva back.

Bhalla on his way out crossed the guest suite and he heard silent talks. And he against his better judgement stayed to listen what was the hush hush about.

"Prasanna.. What.. are you really happy?"

"This is what I have been taught to do Maharani."

"Forget the courtesy Prasanna! I am your mother"

"But you were the one who taught me royal duties come first"

Bhalla had to smile. His queen was clever when she wanted to be.

"Prasanna!"

That had to be RaviNagaram King, Bhalla thought.

"Yes Maharaja. I am doing what has been inscribed in me, saying what you brought me up. A precious stone in the crown of the King I marry. I am that!"

"You are not to insult.."

"Sorry Maharaja. That was fact. And remember I am an Empress here in this Royal palace. If I choose, I can be insulting as I please"

Bhalla's smirk became more profuse. His queen did have a tongue. Well he has to see to that she doesn't come slashing it to him other than the obvious purpose.

"Rani Nandhana! We came here expecting our daughter to welcome us. But looks like we are standing in front of a Queen, not our daughter."

"But.."

"We are leaving at once Nandhana! Maharani Prasanna Devi, We may not be Emperors. But still we did give birth to you. So we wish you a fruitful life. Thanks for the hospitality. Nandhana, wake Prince Induvadhan. We are to leave the palace at this moment"

Saying so RaviNagaram King dismissed the discussion. Bhalla smirked guessing the way his Queen's mind worked. As he waited, Prasanna Devi came wiping her tears before her parents could see. She gasped to halt as she saw him. He gave her his ever charming smile.

"Nice move my Queen. Keeping them away to protect them. But let me remind you about something told by elder, KEEP FRIENDS CLOSE AND ENEMIES CLOSER. And I would include, be closest to your Enemies' closest ones"

He went away leaving Prasanna wide eyed.

Bhalla reached a place that was not aware to many. He took his palm leaf with the message and kept it in a doom like place between two rocks. He wanted some answers.

Bhalla came back to present as he watched the pole standing Empty of Devasena. He liked watching Devasena tied to that pole the whole day. It gave him a strange satisfaction. He could not get that satisfaction anymore. He turned. He could not even begin to think where he made a mistake.

"What happened Kattappa?"

Kattappa turned to see Devasena looking at him. He sighed.

"Nothing thalli. Just thinking about.."

"I understand"

"Amma! Did you return to your land after your adventures?"

"Oh she did!"

"Just as your wife expected?"

"Much to my chagrin, Yes, Rani Devasena"

Devasena chuckled merrily remembering her friend. She thought of the time she returned to Kunthalam with her husband.

Amarendra was adamant this time. Well he was always that, but his stubbornness saw peak this time. He was very particular that they ride together. But Devasena was tired. Literally! She was not ready to ride with him on one animal and he was not willing to let her mount on Veera. At last there was only one solution, though not a good one. Amarendra collected some woods and creepers from the woods and tied both their rides together and joined them to a flat but strong makeshift charrior with wooden wheels that Amarendra could manage at the last moment. Devasena looked at Awe as he worked with the wood. He from somewhere found a very rough edged sword which he used like a saw. As his arms moved up and down on the wood, Devasena could only watch his biceps. Amarendra without notice turned and caught her off guard. She flushed and he grinned.

"Enti Devasena? Enti aa donga choopulu? (What are you leering at?)

She looked anywhere and everywhere making him chuckle. He put his makeshift instruments down looking at his commendable job and came towards Devasena with slow but confident strides. Devasena stood her ground and scowled at him which only made him grin more. He removed the cloth he tied to his head and swirled it around before throwing it around her as he neared her. The cloth caught her around her waist and Devasena gasped. He tugged and she went and fell on his almost bare chest. Her hand flew to his heart to support her. She looked up at him and he looked down at her.

"What are you doing?"

She asked in a whisper.

"What do you think I am doing?"

His naughty eyes and the smile in his tone did give her an idea. For a moment her fingers curled on his chest. But then determined, she pushed him only to fall on him again. Then only she realized the cloth that held her captive to him. He gave a happy laugh. She glared at him.

"Its better if we continue our travel"

"Who is objecting?"

"But you.."

"Do you know you are very distracting"

"Amarendra! Have some shame!"

"Why? What is there to be ashamed with my wife?"

"We are in woods!"

"So!"

"Huh! Its waste talking to you!"

"Exactly my thoughts when you do weird things that I have seen no other woman do!"

"I am not any woman!"

"Yes! That is why you are my wife my Deva!"

"Uh!"

Quickly he stole a kiss from her and winked at her and went to bring Baadshah and Veera to their makeshift vehicle. Devasena stood with her hands on hips glaring at her husband who left no chance to tease her. She huffed and went to him as he called her.

"Ahh.. here you go Deva. Lets start the happy journey."

"I still don't know why you won't let me ride on my own"

"Simply because I don't want you to"

She looked at him as if she will burn him alive with her fiery eyes. But all he did was smile and pulled her aboard. Baadshah and Veera squealed and Amarendra moved them forward. Devasena sighed and leaned on him. Devasena was someone who never felt weak before anyone. She was not the one for pity party. She was a Queen of warriors and she has to be strong. But with this one man, she felt like she could show her weakness, her vulnerability. And he was not treating her with pity but love. She sighed and let him take care of her.

She relaxedly leaned on him. One of his arm came around her and settled on the front of her waist. Her insides gave a flip. She felt an odd sensation.

But she suddenly lost the warmth as she felt his hold tense up. She looked up and saw Amarendra's eyes looking around with caution. And then she too felt it.

"Amarendra?"

"Shh.. Devasena, we are nearing the borders and.."

"Hmm.. Looks like we have some adventure ahead of us"

"Me not we. You are gonna take care of our mounts"

"Ah.. Veera and Bhaadshah.."

She leaned in and whispered to Veera

"Veera.. It is your responsibility to take us safe and soon to our home."

Veera squealed and trotted fast. Bhaadshah followed her lead leading the vehicle on their own. Devasena turned to Amarendra and signalled to the sword, but Amarendra shook his head and turned to his throw knives. Devasena smirked as she readied her own knives. Looking at him and smirking she threw her first knife which hit its aim as they heard a thud of falling behind the woods. Amarendra raised his brow as he aimed and threw his knife, which with just as precise as his wife hit the target.

Soon all the warriors were down while Amarendra and Devasena were on their way to Kunthala border.

"Amarendra, we are near the Kunthala fort gate"

"And I do see that Naayaka of yours standing and glowering at the tower!"

Devasena chuckled at her husband. Only he could crack joke at such a moment.

"Why were you attacked Amma?"

Devasena looked at her son standing with his hands on his hips like her husband used to. She smiled at the angry face of her son. He could be provoked so easily.

"Mahendra, why else will we be attacked? We were not welcome in Maahishmati and right from the time we left the palace, we were being pursued for this purpose only."

" But Amma.. What happened to your men who went in search of some information for you?"

Devasena looked up at Naayaka and Kattappa who looked as impressed as her. She caressed Mahendra's cheeks.

"They wet search for conspirators and rebels who were against your father. But the information they got was something that no one expected."

"Except for Maharaja"

"Yes"

"Nana knew?"

Devasena smiled. Kattappa and Naayak shook their heads.

Other side Bhallaladeva could not stand anymore in his brother's chamber. He rushed out only to come across his mother's personal wing. He grunted as he thought how he was surrounded by betrayal from all sides. He thought when he came to know about Baahubali's arrival at Kunthalam and how he made arrangements for their arrival.

On that night he met with his crime partners in the rock swing on the rear of Maahishmati kingdom.

"Sashidara"

"Maharaja Bhallaladeva"

Bhallaladeva stood with hands behind his back as he accepted courtesy.

"What is the news?"

"Our men are down"

Bhalla pinned his look on the person making him tremble.

"And?"

"They reached the fortress gate and.."

Sashidara trembled as Bhallaladeva punched a tree branch which fell on the ground and shattered.

"What happened to your men?"

"They are dead"

Bhallaladeva stood there with his eyes showering arrows onu Sashidara.

" Sashidara, this time, men should be vicious, trained to kill. I want a small army who could kill before thinking. They should be in Kunthala entrance by this night"

"Maharaja?"

" They should spare none."

"Maharaja."

Sashidara thought about it and felt it was the way for his vengeance. Bhallaladeva thought this as a way to satisfy his ego. Both of them feeling satisfied returned to their respective places.

In Kunthalam,

Naayaka was strengthening the security around the entrance as Sulochana welcomed Devasena and Amarendra to the Kingdom.

"Get their horses to the stable"

Naayaka came ordering to the groom but Devasena was already putting her hand inside Amarendra's chainse and plucking out a food bag. She went to Veera and Bhaadshah and gave sugar treats from the bag. She caressed them as they happily munched away. Once they were taken away, Amarendra came and put his hands around her shoulder. She looked up scandalized and looked around.

"Ahan.. You were so bold sometime back Maharani."

"You were so slow Maharaja"

She jabbed him on his tummy as she said and walked to Sulochana. Naayaka and Sulochana chuckled at the fate of Maharaja Amarendra Baahubali.

"Enti Sulochana? Naayaka is looking a bit irritated"

Sulochana gave a secret smile to Naayaka and turned to Devasena.

"Nothing Maharani Devasena. He is just concerned about your sudden disappearing"

"I thought Maharaja and Naayaka were in this together. Nowadays they both are only in too much harmony."

"It is Sulochana who should be jealous as I am stealing her husband away. Why are you jealous Devasena?"

"I am jealous?"

"Are you asking or stating?"

Devasena glared at him. Amarendra just bowed his head stood like a kid making her smile. But she controlled her smile and glared at Naayaka and strode to Royal Study. Amarendra went to freshen himself leaving them in private. Sulochana too went to check the refreshments for that evening.

"What is with this high security around the entrance Naayaka?"

"Rani Devasena, I came to hear about an attack mainly on you and your husband. SO when Sulochana told that you will return soon, I had to be in my element."

"Yes, As soon as we touched the border, we had some uninvited guests. Naayaka, how is Bhargava?"

"He is fine and recovering. Heard from Ajeya Rani. He is to return soon and with a very scandalizing information"

"I expect nothing less Naayaka. How is Sulochana?"

She asked smiling knowingly. Naayaka too gave a smile and then a shake of his head.

"You did see! She is on path of craziness. And with the extra liberty she is dancing on my head"

"What extra liberty NAayaka"

But before Naayaka could answer, Sulochana came in after seeking permission. Naayaka glared at her for interrupting.

"Rani Devasena, all the arrangements for you to get fresh are ready. Hope you get some rest."

Devasena smiled at the war through eyes happening between her loyal brotherly warrior and her very best friend. Chuckling to herself she intervened.

"Ahh yes. I do need some change of clothes. Mainly I have to find where that husband of mine has disappeared to."

"He is instructing our warriors on the security Rani Devasena. He said that he would wait for you in dining area"

Understanding that her husband is hungry, Devasena rushed to fresh and change and came back to Dining area only to feel giddy all of a sudden at the doorstep. She balanced herself and moved forward only to fall on a very strong chest of Amarendra. Automatically her palm covered his heart, and gripped his Vastra there. Amarendra smiled as his arms closed around her. He lifted her chin up and looked into her eyes that were the mirror of her soul.

"Why is my tigress in hurry this day?"

Devasena placed her head on his chest again.

"Why are you waiting for me not considering your hunger?"

"How can I eat happily when I am aware that you are there worrying about everyone else? There should be someone to worry about you too."

"I can say the same to you"

"Very well. But will you keep saying? Or will you come in and have something?"

Devasena bit him on his chest but she happily walked inside the dining area where all the dishes were ready for them to eat. Amarendra had already dismissed all the maids from there. As he was getting their plate ready, Devasena's eyes were searching around for something. Pulling her on to his lap,

"What are you searching for Devasena?"

"Pickle"

"What? You have so much to eat and you ask the one thing that is not here?"

She jabbed him.

"I was just searching for it. I wanted to taste Sulochana's pickle. They taste really good"

Amarendra laughed.

"Stop complaining and here have this. Your special, menthikura (Fenugreek leaves curry). But as soon as she smelled it, she felt her stomach churn. She tried to control it, but it was just too much for her. She pushed Amarendra and rushed to the backside of the dining area, the wash area and emptied the contents of her stomach. Amarendra who followed her caught her head and helped her steady herself.

Once she was done, he washed her face and wiped with his own vastra. Not able to look into his eyes, she hid her face in his chest. He slowly caressed her head letting her gather herself. Then he lifted her head and made her open her eyes and look at him.

"Why are you feeling so embarrassed? This is natural for anyone. After a long travel, you may not be able to hold your stomach contents."

"But I.."
"There is a beginning for everything. Come eat something light and we can check on the boys and their sword techniques. Naayaka has been grinding them hard"

Devassena understood that Aamrendra was trying to distract her and she too followed him. After some light food, Amarendra made her drink milk even after her rejecting so many times. Devasena was puzzled by his behaviour as Amarendra was not a person to compel her in such a way. THen they both went to check their warriors and then they went to take some rest after all the hectic day.

"Amarendra"

Amarendra turned to her and placed his head on her bosom. Very naturally her hand caressed his silky hair.

"Amarendra, there is something different with Sulochana."

"Hmm.."

Amarendra smiled secretly. Devasena sensed it and pulled his mustache. HE winced.

"She is glowing"

"So?"

"I am not able to gather anything Amarendra."

"Hmm.. You follow the moon, you will understand"

"What is there to follow? Its been 3 full moons since our marriage, same with Sulochana and NAayaka too."

"And?"

Devasena did not understand. But suddenly they heard the conch being blown by Naayaka. They both got alerted and rushed to the ground near the fort entrance. There they saw everyone ready with their weapons. Sulochana was arguing with Naayaka.

"No Sulochana! You are not coming with me. That is it"

"But.."

"I dont want you near danger"

Amarendra went near Naayaka and held his shoulders.

"Let her Naayaka. She has been in wars with Devasena since she has known the world. Nothing can stop her. She is a warrior."

"Will you let your wife.."

"Naayaka"

Devasena came to her husband's aid. Naayaka's eye brow went up and looked at Amarendra. There was a small smile playing on his lips.

"I know my wife Naayaka. You know you Rani better than me. She is force of nature. Nothing can stop her. I can only protect her. I hope you do the same"

Naayaka understood Amarendra. Sulochana understood the situation and helped Devasena with tying the Arrow holder looking at Naayaka conveying the silent message all the way.

"What is the danger Naayaka?"

"Our spies came with a news of Sashidara coming with an army to Kunthalam at the darkness of night."

"Sashidara?"

"Yes Maharaja. The son of King Marthanda"

"Amma!"

"Yes, the same who was slayed by Rajamatha Sivagami Devi"

Amarendra and Devasena understood who has been behind them all this time. Devasena understood why her men told about a royal member. Sashidara was the son of a King who rebelled against Maahishmati and lost his life at the hands of the then protector of throne Rajamata Sivagami Devi.

"Is our plan ready?"

"Yes Maharaja! Most of our men are stationed at the highest towers of the fortress. Yes, the Archery warriors"

"Good."

"Are our cavalry near the entrance?"

"YEs Rani Devasena. They are there to delay the army.

"How big Naayaka?"

"They are very small army Maharaja. But the information was that they are very ruthless. They are trained to spare none."

As they were talking came a noise of attack as the soldiers at the entrance went heads on in delaying their enemies. But in front of their ruthlessness, the soldiers were not able to stand. Before the soldiers could be slayed, Amarendra signalled the archery people on the towers to start their attack. And as their head, Devasena and Amarendra themselves shot their three  arrows. They aimed three arrows together, the skill that not many knew. Together husband and wife were like a force of nature. Their arrows were like rain of needles falling on the enemy. But they both were always attuned to each other as they smiled, teased and also slayed their ruthless enemy army and they were glowing like a sun in that dark night.

" Bhali Rani Devasena! Bhala Maharaja Baahubali!"

The soldiers hailed their Queen and King as they cremated the bodies of their enemies and tried to save the lives of their own men. Hidden from all these, Ajeya waited in the royal hall with an information that could change lives, While Amarendra held his wife in his arms and caressed her tummy and her head waiting for his wife to realize the news that could change their lives.

"Life changing events, Good or bad Amma?"

Asked MAhendra. Devasena just shook her head.

On the other side, the old man turned to the younger man.

"Chachu? Whose name is that?"

"A traitor's name! A Man from the womb of another traitor! My brother! The killer of my family! The murderer who burned my few days old son!"

The older man's eyes turned more fiery. He looked at the burning sun and with all his pent up energy, yelled.

"MAHENDRA,"

Then his voice choked and went down.

"Devasena.."

And he closed his eyes thinking about that one face, the smile that kept him going all these years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648K 33.8K 105
Highest Rank: #25 in Fanfiction #31 in Romance WHEN MR.RUDE MEETS MS.LOVE He doesn't believe in Love and Marriage. He...
21.2K 1.5K 47
Related to a show maddamsir After mission behrupiya What happen if hate overpowered love ? What happens when someone you love marries someone else ? ...
2.7K 180 28
Hello everyone, I am Shneha Gowricharn and this is me first try to write a fanfiction. The story is inspired from the tv show Ghum hai kisi ke pyaar...
62K 3.7K 50
"All the dreams that I ve seen for us will come true ,the only difference is that I won't be there in any of them" She had lost her parents in the mo...