The Deal ✔

By tiaramaxx

[Warning: Some chapters of this story will be consisting mature contents. Read with your own risk, you've bee... More

Chapter 1: A crazy fortune teller
Chapter 2: Misfortunes
Chapter 3: Rejection
Chapter 4: The Deal
Chapter 5: In between two
Chapter 6: Caught from hiding
Chapter 7: Victory Party
Chapter 8: Locker room
Chapter 9: Genius
Chapter 10: Ice cream
Chapter 11: Tombstone
Chapter 12: Does he make you feel this way?
Chapter 13: Promises
Chapter 14: Buterflies and Teddy Bear
Chapter 15: Boy or Girl?
Chapter 16: Stay
Chapter 17: Friends?
Chapter 18: Cheesecake and Exes
Chapter 19: Bruises and Bloody Lips
Chapter 20: Buffet at the Griffith's
Chapter 21: A game of jealousy
Chapter 22: New found Celebrity
Chapter 23: Crybaby
Chapter 25: Never Good Enough
Chapter 26: Heartaches
Chapter 27: Ignorance and Despair
Chapter 28: A love worth fighting for
Chapter 29: Anxiety
Chapter 30: Love and Dream
Chapter 31: A Blue in Love
Chapter 32: Note of Betrayal
Chapter 33: New Life
Chapter 34: Life of a Maddox Preston
Chapter 35: Running away after a Runway Show
Chapter 36: Stupid Mistakes
Chapter 37: Missing you
Chapter 38: Let's make a Family
Chapter 39: Possessive Giant
Chapter 40: Mortal Enemies Turned Lovers
Chapter 41: Meeting some Old friends
Chapter 42: Lingerie
Chapter 43: Parasite
Chapter 44: Torn Up. Again
Chapter 45: Be Happy
Chapter 46: City Lights
Chapter 47: Yes, I will
Chapter 48: Baby
Chapter 49: Parties
Chapter 50: Vow
Epilogue

Chapter 24: Elite Party and Silly Jokes

15.1K 455 24
By tiaramaxx

Elite Party and Silly Jokes

"Where'd you get this dress?" I asked amazed at the dress that was laid on the bed after coming out of the shower.

"I bought it." Maikling sagot ni Maddox.

"It's so pretty!" I exclaimed, touching the fabric of the dress and clutching the towel around me by the other hand.

"A pretty dress for a pretty girl." He said, kissed my cheek and walked to the door. "I'll wait for you outside."

Nang ako nalang mag-isa sa kwarto ay hindi ko parin mapigilang humanga sa damit na binili nito. It's wonderful and I don't need a second glance to realize it's expensive.

Looking at the clock, it's already seven thirty. So we spend at least an hour and a half in the bathroom. I still can't believe Maddox woke me up so early. Nonetheless, I like the dress he bought for me though I have no idea where and when did he managed to buy this.

I wanted to look presentable in his father's birthday so it took me thirty minutes to change and fix my make-up and hair. Maddox said gifts are not necessary but I'm still not sure if it's okay to go empty handed. It's not like I have time to buy anything anyway. Besides, I do not know what to get for a company's CEO in his birthday. He probably have everything.

I can hear the tv from the living room and when I'm satisfied with my look, I took my purse and left my room. Maddox was sitting on the sofa in his suit and as usual, he looks dazzling.

I stood on his side while he gave me a short glance and put his attention to the tv once again. But then, his head titled on my way for the second time and he suddenly stood, mesmerized.

"How do I look?" I asked in a soft voice. Maddox remained staring, his look unreadable. "It's too much, isn't it? Maybe I should put my hair down? I think I'm overdressed. I'll just gonna change into something simplier."
Babalik na sana ako sa kwarto ko nang hawakan nito ang braso ko. "I... you look... gorgeous. It's... it's breathtaking!"

"You look dazzling as well." Puri ko din dito.

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." He continued, ignoring my comment. His eyes roamed up and down my body but frowned when he saw my legs.

"What's wrong?"

"You look incredibly good in this dress, babe. Pero parang ayoko yata nitong slit niya sa baba. It's exposing your legs."

"I think it's fine. You bought it and I really like it." Sambit ko. Theres no way, I'm gonna change just because he doesnt like the freaking slit.

He still looked bothered at the drees so I tried to change the topic so he would forget about the damn dress.

Inayos ko ang damit at ang neck tie nito. "I've never seen you in suit. Lahat yata ng klaseng damit bagay mo eh."

"I don't like it. It's not comfortable."

"Birthday naman ng papa mo eh. It's worth it."

"You're right. I'm sure I'll survive." He said pecking my lips.

I pushed him lightly and covered my lips with the pad of my hand. "Stop. I don't want ro ruin my lipstick. Ayoko nang mag-apply ulit."

"You think your lipstick can stop me?" He asked with a smirked and circled his arm aroubd my waist and held me captive.

"Maddox stop." I said laughing when he tried to kiss me once again.

"Come on, babe." Maddox plead, prying my hands off my mouth.

"No."

"Just one kiss?" He continued to negotiate.

"Let's go, we're going to be late."

I managed to free myself from his hold and I hurriedly went out of the house and a sulking Maddox followed after me.

Nang makarating kami sa bahay nila Maddox ay naintindihan ko na kung bakit maaga niya akong ginising. Halos dalawang oras din kaming bumyahe.

"We're here." Maddox announced, got off the car and opened my door.

He held my hand and I watch in awe, the biggest house I've ever seen.

"Are you sure it's not a damn castle?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko dito.

Tumawa lang si Maddox at inalalayan ako sa paglalakad. "Welcome to the place where I grew up."

Their house is enormous. Too big for one or two person to be living. It should be expected from a company owner but I'm still surprised.

Mula sa labas ay makikita na ang matingkad na ilaw na nanggagaling sa loob. Sa malaking pintuan ay may dalawang gwardiyang nagbabantay habang abala naman sa pagpasok ang iba pang mga bisita na kadarating lang din.

"Good morning sir. We're very pleased to see you." Bati ng isang gwardiya kay Maddox at tinanguan lang niya ang mga ito.

"I'm nervous." Bulong ko dito na mahigpit ang hawak sa braso nito.

"Nasa tabi mo lang ako. Hindi kita iiwan." Sagot nito na siyang nakapag-pagaan ng pakiramdam ko.

When we entered, the first that I've noticed is the extravagant hall and the people. Everyone looks wealthy and business like. Most of the ladies are wearing expensive gowns. Turns out I'm not overdressesed at all. Wines is being served and there are buffet on the either side of the hall. Though the sun is shining brightly outside, they still managed to make the whole place dim.

The tables were light violet colors and there was a dance floor in the center which is colored white and violet. The whole place is definitely a grandeur.

The place is almost full and people started to notice us. Some of them started to approach us excitedly and Maddox introduced me to each of them.

"Maddox! My pamangkin! I've missed you so much, my dear." Lumapit sa amin ang isang napakagandang babae na kung hindi lang tinawag na pamangkin si Maddox ay mapagkakamalan kong kaedad lang namin.

"Good to see you Tita Greta." Maddox kissed her cheek. "This is Penelope, my girlfriend."

His aunt turned to me and smiled widely. She immediately hugged me and I hugged her back awkwardly, surprised at her warm greetings.

"My my... you're so pretty. I'm Greta Preston Reynolds. You can always call me tita."

"Thank you po, tita."

"You're like a daughter I've been wanting to have." She exclaimed in delight and cupped my face. "You're such a darling."

With a wide smile in her face, she studied me and hugged me again. "Maddox never introduced any girl before. I'm sure you're very special."

I can't believe how friendly and kind she is when we just met.

"She is." Sagot ni Maddox.

"Would you like to come with me, dear? I wanna show you something." Tita Greta asked excitedly.

"But tita, we just arrived." Reklamo ni Maddox na hindi parin binibitawan ang hawak nito sa bewang mo.

"It's okay, Maddox." Sambit ko.

"Ito naman, Maddox. I'm not going to steal her or anything. Ibabalik ko naman siya sayo eh. Ito talagang pamangkin kong to'." Natatawang sabi ni tita Greta.

I kissed Maddox's cheeks and he hesitantly let go of me.

"Don't take too long." Maddox said.

"Okay okay..." Tita Greta said with a chuckle.

Tita Greta dragged me to the grand staircase and entered a room from one of the hallways we've entered.

"This is my room." Anunsiyo nito. Ang kwarto nito ay halos kasing luwang na yata ng bahay ko. Ang mga gamit din ay mukhang mamahalin.

"I'm sorry if I dragged you here. Na-excite lang ako masyado kasi naman wala akong anak na babae. Ang kaisa-isa kong anak na si Sky, napaka babaero at kahit isa sa mga babaeng pinapakilala nito ay wala akong magustuhan. But you my dear, I like you."

"Si Blue po ba ang tinutukoy niyo? Nabanggit po siya sa akin ni Maddox kagabi."

"Really? Kahit na lagi silang nagbabangayan, those two are very fond of each other." She smiled. "Anyways, dinala kita dito dahil gusto kong ipakita ang mga pictures ni Maddox noong bata pa siya."

"Are you sure it's okay to show me?" Tanong ko na umupo sa tabi nito sa sofa habang binubuklat nito ang isa sa mga photo album.

"Of course. Hindi pa naman nag-uumpisa ang party sa baba."

I felt really comfortable with Tita Greta. We talked and laughed at some of Maddox's childhood pictures as Tita Greta told me stories about him. May isang picture nga siyang naka damit pambabae ito.

"Katrina loved to dress Maddox in girl's clothes. Gaya ko ay gusto din nitong magkaroon ng anak na babae. Maddox was too young to realize it before but now that he's a grown young man, ni ayaw na nitong nababanggit ang storya tungkol sa pagdadamit nito ng pambabae." Kwento ni Tita Greta na ang tinutukoy ay ang ina ni Maddox.

May ngiti ito sa mga labi, ngunit agad ding nawala at napalitan ng lungkot. "You see, Katrina was my bestfriend. She's kind and a loving mother, but it always makes me sad when I think about her. At hanggang ngayon, ay mahal pa rin siya ng kapatid ko." Malungkot na sambit nito na ang tinutukoy ang ama ni Maddox.

Nilabas nito ang isa photo album at ipinakita ang litrato ng ina ni Maddox.

"This is her. She's beautiful, isn't she?"

"She is." I asnwered honestly. Hindi ko maalis ang tingin sa litrato ng ina ni Maddox dahil namamangha talaga ako sa kagandahan nito.

In the picture, she have a long wavy hair, she's also very tall and what I've noticed most is her long lashes. So that's where Maddox got his long lashes.

Matagal pa kaming nagkwentuhan ni Tita Greta. Nabanggit din nito na dito pala sila nakatira ng anak nitong si Sky. Sa laki ba naman ng bahay nila Maddox ay kasya siguro ang sampung pamilya dito. Nagulat din ako nang ikwento nito ang asawa nito na sumaka-bilang buhay na dahil sa sakit na cancer.

Nakakatuwa lang dahil kahit na ito ang unang beses ng pagkikita namin ay magaan na ang loob nito sa akin. At kahit na mga personal na bagay ay naiku-kwento nito sa akin.

Napatigil ito sa pagsasalita nang biglang bumukas ang pinto ng kwarto nito.

"Mom, the party is about to start-oh! Hi there. Ma, bakit hindi mo naman sinabi sa akin na may kakilala ka palang ganito kagandang babae?" A guy entered the room and gave me a cheeky grin.

"I'm Sky Richards. It's a pleasure to meet such a dazzling lady like you." Sky took my hand and kissed the back of it. Kahit na sa unang tingin ay hindi maipag-kakaila na isa itong playboy.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Penelope." Bati ko.

"Hmmm... a pretty name for a pretty lady."

I couldn't helo but smile because Maddox told me the exact same thing with the dress this morning.

"Stop flirting with her, son. She's taken." Sita ng mama nito.

Nawala naman ang ngiti ni Sky. "What a shame. Sayang naunahan na ako. Pero okay lang, I will make you fall in love with me."

Natawa naman ako dahil halatang nagbibiro lang ito. Kahit na may pagka malandi itong si Sky ay nakakatuwa ito.

"Ow!" Sky crunched his nose and frowned. He rubbed the back of his head when something hit his head. Turns out, Maddox threw a small ball on his way.

"You'll gonna have to face me first before you can win my girl over." Maddox stood by the doorway.

"Bro! I've missed you so much!" Sky exclaimed in joy and hugged Maddox.

"Missed you too, man." Maddox hugged him back and I watched in content as the two of them share an embrace.

"Hindi ko alam na girlfriend mo pala itong si Penelope. Sige na nga. Hindi ko na siya lalandiin, unless siya ang lumandi sa akin. Sino ba naman ako para tumanggi diba-ouch." He eas cut off when Maddox punched his bicep.

"You wish." Maddox walked past him and took my hand. "I came to call you. The party will start soon."

"I can see how much you've fallen for this girl, Maddox." Tita Greta stated in awe. "Kaya ikaw Sky, tumigil-tigil ka na sa pambababae. Maghanap ka ng kagaya nitong si Penelope."

"Si mama talaga. Nilaglag ako agad. Wag ka masyadong maniwala sa mama ko, Penelope. Hindi naman talaga ako babaero eh." Depensa ni Sky na napakamot pa ng batok.

"Don't worry I still think you're a good guy." I replied.

"Does that mean you believe what mom just said? Pano na ako makaka-score sayo niyan kung umpisa palang sirang-sira na ako. Pero okay lang, willing naman akong magseryoso para syo eh." Malanding sambit nito na kinindatan pa ako.

"Blue." Maddox growled which sounded like a warning.

"Yes, Maddox?" Sky smirked.

"Im seven inches taller than you and weights fifty pounds more. So stop flirting with El."

"You've always been jealous of my body and charm. I can't help it if she'd rather know the normal size, way more attractive and funny cousin than hulk. Being as handsome as me is both a blessing and a curse." Sky sighs like the plight of his life is so very hard.

I watched and laughed when Maddox grabbed a pillow and threw it to Sky. It landed staight to his face with an ooompff.

Sky stopped laughing and shouted, "Mom, Maddox just threw a pillow at me just because I stole his girlfriend."

"Shut up, darling. You deserve it. Leave the poor girl alone." His mother said sweetly.

"As far as I'm concerned, she's flirting back with me. It's a fair game." He defended with a lie.

"She didn't even say a single word to you." Sumbat ng mama nito.

"She did. She said, I'm Penelope." Sky explained like the argument is a matter of life and death. "Akala ko ba magkakampi tayo dito ma?"

"Minsan talaga naiisip ko kung itatakwil na ba kita." Pagbibiro ni Teta Greta.

Pagbaba namin sa grand hall ay halos puno na ang mga tables ng mga busness elites. Maddox kept his hold at my waist as we walked to our table. Tita Greta and Sky sat in the same table with us but there was still an empty chair beside Maddox.

The maser of ceremonies walked to the stage and threw some punch lines at first that made us all laugh until he introduced the birthday celebrant.

"To officially start this special celebration, I would like to call on the most important person this evening, The president of Preston Hotels Group of Companies, Mr. Emmanuel Preston."

The people erupted in cheers and applauses as Maddox father descended from the grand staircase.

Emmanuel Preston is very good looking man. That's given. He's wearing glasses and he stood in the stage with authority and dominance. From all the people in this room, he stood out not because it was his birthday but because his mere presence screams authority. He gestured with his hand and veryone kept silent and listened to him.

"Thank you, everyone." Napatingin ito sa mesa namin at nginitian si Maddox nang makita ang anak nito. "I am very grateful at everyone for coming and celebrating this special event with me and my family. I've been in the business for years and it has transformed into a beautiful and elastic friendship with the people in this room. I'm not going to mention you all but you know who you are. Preston Hotels Group of Companies has been very successful in the globe in terms of providing a quality, relevant and innovated services and products and we are not in this position without one of you. Everyone of you, from our investors, shareholders, board of members to 30,000 employees had their own contributions. So this success is not only mine but yours as well. So this day is not only for me but for the success of our company. I will not make my talk longer than this so please enjoy the party."

The loud music started and foods were being served at each table as some people went to the dance floor with their partnes for a slow dance.

Magkatapos ng speech ng ama ni Maddox ay binati nito ang mga bisita sa kani-kanilang mga mesa . Napahawak ako kay Maddox nang makita kong papalapit sa amin. Nginitian lang ako ni Maddox.

The empty chair beside Maddox actually meant for him.

"Happy birthday, brother." Tita Greta stood from her seat and kissed her brother's cheek.

"Thank you, Greta." Emannuel smiled.

"Happy birthday, tito. Ang tanda mo na po." Biro ni Sky.

"Wag kang mag-alala. Darating ka din sa edad na to." Sagoy nito na sinakyan ang biro ng pamangkin.

Humarap naman ito kay Maddox at niyakap ito. "My son! It's been a long time since your last visit. I'm glad to see you."

"Happy birthday, Dad." Bati ni Maddox.

Then Emmanuel turned to me with a curious look. "You must be Penelope."

"Yes, sir." Magalang na sagot ko.

"I'm glad to finally meet the girl that my son has been talking about. You really are beautiful."

"Thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Sorry, I came in empty handed."

"Oh, no worries dear. I don't like presents."

"That's true, babe." Singit ni Blue sa tabi ko. "May nagregalo nga ng sport's car kay tito pero tinanggihan niya. Sayang nga eh. Dapit binigay mo nalang po sakin."

Natawa ako pero binatukan ito ni Tita Greta. "Hindi ka na nahiyang bata ka."

Maya-maya ay si Maddox naman ang bumatok dito. "And who are you calling babe?"

"Learn how to share, couz." Sky smirked.

Maya-maya ang nagserve na sila ng pagkain sa mesa namin. Natahimik naman ang lahat ng magbago ang expresyon ng mukha ng ama ni Maddox. Pinatigil nito ang isang server.

"I thought I told you not to put ice on my drink?" He asked with a stern expression and the poor server stood in front of us awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, sir. I will just get you another one." The server apologize and took Emmanuel's drink.

"Were you not briefed?" Magsasalita pa sana ang server nang itaas ni Emmanuel ang kamay nito upang patigilin ito. "I don't wanna hear it. Just go get my drink. I want someone else to bring it."

"Yes sir." The server walked away and I kind of felt guilty for him.

"Relax dad. It's just a drink." Maddox said when everyone didn't have the courage to speak.

"I know, son." Then he was smiling again. "Where did we stop? Right, the presents."

Medyo nagulat ako sa ipinakita nito kanina. I was already convince that he was a calm and sweet person but I guess you'll never know. Ngayon ay alam ko na kung kanino minana ni Maddox ang pagiging magagalitin nito. But the only difference is that, Maddox never embarrassed anyone like that over a simple thing.

Nagpatuloy sila sa pagku-kwentuhan na parang walang nangyari hanggang sa magpa-alam ang ama ni Maddox upang makipag-usap sa ibang mga bisita.

"Excuse me, I have to go to the restroom." I excused myself and looked for the bathroom.

I did my business and retouched my make-up. I think I was in the bathroom for a good five minutes until I decided to go back to our table.

Pagbalik ko ay may magandang babae na naka-upo sa upuan ko. She was sitting between Maddox and Sky and she had a wide smile in her face. She was talking to Maddox while Sky had a bored expression in his face and only nodded everytime the girl turns towards him.

Bago pa ako makalapit sa mesa ay napatingin sa direksyon ko si Sky. Lumawak ang ngiti nito at nilapitan ako. Hindi naman napansin nila Tita Greta at Maddox ang pag-alis ni Sky sa tabi nila.

"Hey Penelope, can we have a dance?" He asked offering his hand at me.

Napatingin ako sa dance floor na puno ng mga pares na nagsasayaw.

"I don't know how to dance." Sambit ko na nagsasabi ng totoo.

"Oh come on! Tuturuan kita. You'll just sway from side to side. It's easy, trust me." Pamimilit nito.

"Okay." Sa kalaunan ay pumagag na din ako at tinaggap ang kamay nitong kanina pa nakalahad.

"Wag mo akong sisisihin kung maapakan ko 'yang paa mo ha." Babala ko dito.

"Believe me, I prefer a little pain." Sky joked as he lead me to the dance floor.

He guided my hands over his shoulders and put his hand on my waist.

Lumapit ito sa akin at bumulong. "Honestly, gusto ko lang umalis sa upuan ko kanina. Mia can be pretty annoying. Kababata namin siya ni Maddox and she talks non stop."

Ang tinutukoy siguro nito ay ang magandang babae sa tabi nila ni Maddox kanina.

"Kung ganon' ginagamit mo lang ako?" Natatawang tanong ko. I really don't mind. I don't feel like going back to our table either, not when that girl occupied my seat.

"Parang ganon' na na nga." Sagot ni Sky. "Pero at least, marunong ka nang sumayaw. I'm such a good teacher? Should apply as a dance instructor?"

Pero maya-maya lang ang naapakan nito ang paa ko.

"Oops, sorry. Ang totoo niyan ako talaga ang hindi marunong sumayaw." Pag-aamin nito.

"Then that makes the two of us" I laughed.

"Wanna hear a story?" He whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Mahiyain talaga ako nung bata ako-"

"Hindi halata." Putol ko dito.

"Come on, let me finish my story first." He pouted as we continue to dance. "So yun nga, I was in preschool and our class had a dance performance. Dahil nga masyado akong mahiyain noon, I had to wear a mascot so that no one could see my face."

"That's cool!" I laughed.

"And that's not even the best part."

"What?"

"Maddox and I were best friends and him being a good friend, he insisted in wearing a costume as well para may kasama ako. But her mother dressed him in a..." Sky had a hard time finishing his sentence as he was already laughing. "...princess costume. He even wore a blonde wig!"

We both burst out laughing. I can't imagine Maddox wearing a princess dress. He's too manly for that. Malakas siguro ang pagtawa namin dahil napatingin sa amin ng masama ang mga katabi naming sumasayaw.

Maya-maya ay nay tumikhim sa tabi namin.

"Can I have a dance with my girlfriend?" Maddox asked with a serious tone and didn't wait for his cousin's answer and pulled me towards him.

"Sure, of course." Sky removed his hands on my waist. "Bye, princess."

I chuckled as Sky waved his hand and walked away. I'm pretty sure Maddox thought his cousin was calling me princess but I know Sky was actually referring to him. Inalis ko lang ang tingin sa papalayong si Sky nang maramdaman ko ang paghigpit ng hawak ni Maddox sa bewang ko.

"I saw you laughing at something he said." He stated but it sounded like an accuse to me. "Anong pinag-usapan niyo?"

"He's just telling me some childhood memories." I replied with a chuckle.

"You look like you were having fun dancing with him."

"Your cousin is really funny." I smiled.

"I see, you like funny guys. Well I'm sorry if I'm not like Blue or Luke who obviously can make you laugh all the time." He stated avoiding eye contact and that moment I realized that for the first time, Maddox is having doubt with himself.

He's always been confident and I hated to see him like this but I hated myself more because I know it was my fault.

"Alam ko naman na hindi ko kayang patawanin ka gaya nila. I know I'm boring and it hurts me to see you laughing with someone else. I hate it that they make you laugh like that and I don't." He added as he refused to look at me.

"I love you Maddox. Look at me." I cupped his face and turned his head to me. "They might be funnier pero ikaw ang gusto ko. I prefer the serious, taller, hotter and weighs fifty pounds more than any of them. You don't have to tell me some silly jokes just to make laugh. Loving you and being with you is more than enough. You give me joy and pure happiness. That's what matters most than a simple joke. You don't have to change anything about you, Maddox. You're just perfect for me."

"Thanks babe. I f*cking love it at how easy you can make me feel great. From bad mood to ecstatic reall quick. Ang swerte ko talaga sayo."

A/N: It has been the longest chapter I've written by far. It's probably normal for some readers but I've exceeded my normal word count. That's a f*cking achievement, fella!

And I hope that you guys enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.

P.S. Cheers to our new character #SkyBlue

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 47.6K 107
Hiding their identity is a must for a gangster. She has a mission. Her mission is to find the one who killed her fiance and best friend and that's t...
40.8K 146 16
This story is not mine credits to the rightful owner 🔞
24.9K 755 40
As a assassin , Charlotte Vinci is best at kill . Shes a college student , currently studying in Medical field. And in her free time , shes studying...
122K 145 108
This story is not mine credits to the real owner. 🔞