Sang the Stray (Completed)

By Jme1983

I only meant to stay out one night...I didn't think I'd be stepping into a whole new world.... This is fan... More

1. Through the Looking Glass...or maybe a Portal?
2. Survivor Sang
3. Moonfall
4. Discovered
5. Am I a Mad Hatter?
6. S4-Report
7. Headache
8. A Taste of Freedom
9. Curiouser and Curiouser
10. KOTIS Report
11. [un]Talented
12. S4-Report
13. Tell-tale Heart
14. A Green Knight
15. Green Eggs and Ham
16. Stay
17. S4-Report
18. White Lightning
19. S4-Report
20. Rechargeable Battery
21. Orange Blush
22. Cuss a Blue Streak
23. S4-Report
24. Red Tide
25. Hand(s) Off
26. Musical Chairs
27. Black and Blueberries
28. Up in Flames
29. Ice Capades
30. Feathers and Tails
31. When Skies Are Grey
32. S4-Report
33. Starry Night
34. Getting in Deep
35. Virtue and Challenge
36. Revelation
37. Secret Garden
38. A Second Helping
39. S4-Report
40. Voltzach
41. Crimson and Clover
42. Cheshire Cat
43. On the Flip-Side
44. Blackjack
45. Interception
46. Seven Swans a'Sinking
47. Insightful
48. Accomplice
49. Purple Heart
50. K-I-S-S-I-N-G
51. Revealed
53. Pampered
54. S4-Report
55. Bearing Gifts
56. White as a Ghost
57. Playful
58. S4-Report
59. Song and Dance
60. Ghost-Report
61. No Regrets
62. Aether
63. Recover
64.Cat and Lab Rat
65. S4-Report
66. Try, Try Again
67. Welcome
68. S2-Report
69. T-minus 10, 9, 8....
70. Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dog

52. Looks Like Luck

1.5K 178 37
By Jme1983

"Tsen Taylor was tested with Sonics and, fortunately, was not infected, however, he will be recovering in MedBay.  Ista Green is with him now.  Most of the Engineering and Maintenance division was infected and KOTIS has tracked the source to a distribution center in the outskirts of Konna.  Already about 500 people have tested positive and more are being called in for testing," Tsee Blackbourne relayed to those of us gathered in Kota's apartment.

"Hopefully, the idiots will actually report for testing, or this will just get fucking worse," Gabriel grumbled.

"Language, Tset Coleman," Tsee Blackbourne chided. 

I asked, "How did stickie get past scanners?"

"That is what is particularly disturbing.  It seems to be a new undetectable type.  Victor and I will be leaving soon to help the technicians in the Science Division to help develop an update for the scanning units," Kota said.

"Peanut, I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank Muina that Ionoth cat followed you back.  It caught that stickie before someone died," Nathan said putting an arm around my shoulder.

Kota added, "Still, you should never have..."

"Pet it. I know...dumb decision," I finished for him. "Cat found?"

"No," Tsee Blackbourne answered.  "It too has eluded our best scanners."

"Good," I said defiantly, crossing my arms.  That earned a millimeter smile from Tsee Blackbourne while the others all laughed.

"Tsen Lee and Tset Morgan, go to your assigned stations.  The rest of you stay in the residential wing to reduce risk of exposure to anyone who has not been cleared.  We will split the squad and will be covering two rotations tomorrow, so rest while you have the opportunity," Tsee Blackbourne instructed.

Then Kota, Victor and Tsee Blackbourne left.

"So Peanut, what do want to do?" Nathan asked, his arm still draped over my shoulder.  What did Luke and Silas think of that?  All the remaining Fourth Squad boys were looking at me in expectation. I was prevented from answering right away when a request came across the Interface.

*****
Interface Channel: private
Users: S💝, K♠yli

K: I heard North is with Brandon in MedBay since they both were down in E&M...and Corey is with Victor and Kota in SD....wanna join F🍹 and me?  Or are your other boys keeping you to themselves? 😜

S: I do not know...what you doing?

K: we are doing a Super Sight Six Marathon!!!  Have you seen the show before?

S: no...I not hear about that one.

K:you'll love it...promise...it's about six sight talent detectives...and the songstar who plays the Combat Sight talent is so fetch!  

S: well...sounds alright

K: Come on...we are having snacks! You can even drag your mutts along with if you want.

S: let me ask guys.

pause

S: G🎨be ask if F🍹 will behave...haha

K: of course she won't....but don't tell him that...just get your butts down here....we are one level below you.

End Transmission
********

I think Super Sight Six is my new favorite show. Psychic detectives!  The main character is a nightmare-ridden Place Sight talent, who is recruited by this hilariously 'New Age Guru' Sight Sight talent.  There's a good-looking but temperamental Combat Sight talent, who reminds me of North; a Gate Sight talent constantly distracted by distant, undiscovered gates into near-space; a Symbol Sight talent who loves puzzles; and a Path Sight talent who paces and fidgets restlessly, then suddenly chases off after something.  These are the Taren stereotypes of what the various Sights are like, but I think the Place Sight talent's story might help me understand Tsee Blackbourne better.

Silas, Nathan, Luke, and Gabriel all came with me.  I did not think I would be comfortable doing a 'girls day'.  Gabriel made sure to grab me first and pulled me into his lap.  I think Fancy wanted to tease him, but she really did behave and we all enjoyed the time. 

As much as I enjoyed the show, I still fell asleep at some point and only slightly roused when Silas lifted me from Gabriel to carry me upstairs. 

I woke up the next kai in Nathan's bed, sandwiched between him and Silas.  While the scents of ocean and leather were strongest, I also picked up vanilla and Gabriel's latest mix of scents.  I peeked over Nathan's side to see Gabriel and Luke curled up together on the floor.  It was adorable.    My movement woke Nathan.  He blinked up at me with a sleepy smile. His reddish hair was sticking up a bit in the back, making me giggle softly.  I reached over to comb it down with my fingers, but the stubborn tuft sprang back up.  Nathan grabbed my hand and pulled it down to his mouth to chew on my finger.

I didn't want to wake the others so I sent him an Interface message: "Wouldn't you rather eat some breakfast?"

His eyes brightened and he nodded, his teeth releasing my finger.  We eased out of the bed to prevent disturbing Silas, then tip-toed out quietly. Once in the kitchen area we searched the storage and refrigeration units, but found the offerings scarce. 

"Doesn't look like there is much here, Peanut," Nathan said.  "You good with these?" He held out what I equated to  granola bars.  I must not have looked very enthusiastic because he added, "We could go to the dining hall."

"It is okay to leave?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah.  I better check," he said, then his eyes glazed as he sent a message to someone.  When his attention returned he said, "Kota says he and Vic will be back in a kasse or so.  He says we should go over to North and Silas' for food."

I shrugged and said, "Okay."

We were only half way across the hall, when Nathan exclaimed, "Oh, hey! I will check and see if there are some more of those chocolate quehve drinks at Luke's place. Marc made a really good batch last time. You go in and get started." He turned towards the other apartment.  

I was given access to all the boys' apartments when I first started staying with them.  However, I hadn't entered any unaccompanied.  One or more of the boys was always escorting me.  I thought it was quite good progress that I only hesitated a den before sending the door access code.  I never would have dared such back on Earth, but the boys had all made me feel so welcome. 

The door slid open and all thoughts flew from my mind.  I was abruptly frozen in place by the sight in front of me. North was sprawled out on the couch sleeping...

....completely naked.

I tried, honestly, but I just couldn't pry my eyes away.  His handsome face wore a kai's worth of growth. His broad chest muscles were dusted with dark hair that matched the thin trail of hair down the flat planes of his stomach.  One of his legs was stretched out, the other bent and propped against the couch back. Leaving his...gulp...his...well, you know...exposed. I must have started to regain the ability to think because the diagrams from my health class came to mind. I was just thinking to myself that I thought it would be...

"Oh, shit!" Nathan yelled, coming up behind me.

North came awake with a jolt, practically leaping into a fighting stance. He blinked, confused when he saw me in the doorway.

"Sang?" North relaxed his stance, then asked, "What's wrong?"

I just silently sort of waved my hand towards him, completely red-faced.

He looked down and blushed more brightly than me, hands shooting out to cover himself.

"What the fuck, Nathan!?!" North shouted.

I guess Nathan had been just as frozen as me, but he jerked into action now covering my eyes with his large hands.

Too late!

"What the fuck are you doing sleeping on the couch like that?!" Nathan yelled back.

"I just got back from MedBay," North returned in a growl. "What are you doing sending Sang over here alone?!"

I needed to stop the yelling match so I answered, "No food at Kota's and I want breakfast," pulling Nathan's hands away from my face.

Nathan tried to stop me saying, "Uh, Sang, cover your eyes, Peanut.  Nothing here you want to see."

Actually...

"Shit, Sang.  Just...you two wait out here," North said as he rushed to his bedroom door, hands still cupped in place. Of course, when he turned, I got a whole different view.
*******

A/n: So the original outline for this chapter ended with a kiss scene for Nathan...but I guess North cock-blocked that one...one of those scenes that wrote itself...oh well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 18.4K 59
Sang's storybook happy ending is just within her grasp. Now that everyone involved with the distribution of JH-14 and the whole money laundering sch...
411K 24.6K 73
This story is the fanfiction version of In The Shadows written by the amazing Katydids. It is now an original, with a completed first book and the be...
Runaways By Ren

Fanfiction

67K 4.5K 27
This is an Academy Fan-fiction. So, if you haven't read the books then you probably won't get this at all. The characters are all CL Stone's and the...
6K 504 8
() Series () A. Sang in a Childhood Daze (completed) B. Sang in a Rebel Daze (completed) <3 <3 <3 <3 () NOTES () A. I'm not much of rebe...