just a bet | reddie

De 80s-richie

beverly bets richie he can't get with the new kid, eddie, in under three months. richie disagrees Mais

just a bet
part ii
part iv
part v
part vi
part vii
part viii
part viiii

part iii

1.1K 48 108
De 80s-richie

hey!!

hi thank you for so much support on this story it means a lot

summary: beverly bets richie he can't get with the new kid, eddie, in under three months. richie disagrees

pairing: richie and eddie

words: 2,097

2 months and 19 days remaining

For the past week, Eddie had been uncharacteristically giddy about going to school every day. There were days he even debating on saying he was sick to get out of going, but recently, something changed. He didn't want to think Richie was the cause even if in the back of his mind he knew it was. Eddie swung his backpack over one of his shoulders, stopping in the hallway to check his hair in the mirror. He had even started to care about what he looked like. Eddie tried to wear cooler clothes, style his hair in the way he knew Richie liked (he told Eddie about ten times when he first saw it) and even wore cologne.

Eddie ran his hand through his hair one more time, attempting to make it look messily cute. He nodded, satisfied, and ran down the stairs. He grabbed an apple off the counter, opening the front door and hopping onto his bike. Taking a bite of his apple, he used his foot to kick the kickstand off and started to peddle down the street. He arrived at school minutes later, hooking his bike up to the bike rack to ensure no one stole it. He was about to go inside when he heard someone yelp and then someone else laugh. Eddie walked to where he heard the noise, instantly becoming mad at the sight before him. Ben stood against the wall as Henry Bowers taunted him, holding his phone higher than Ben could reach. Eddie had befriended Ben in his first and third period. He was a nice guy who Eddie wanted to get to know better.

"Henry, leave him alone," Eddie said in an attempt to be authoritative. Henry stopped, turning to look at Eddie with a smirk on his face.

"Well, well, well... if it isn't Richie's new boy-toy. You know, just because you think you're with him, doesn't make you unstoppable." He said, walking up to Eddie just to tower over him. "Or is he?" A voice questioned, that Eddie immediately recognized to be Richie. He walked up behind Eddie, sliding his sunglasses off his face and hooking them in the neck of his shirt. Richie threw an arm over Eddie's shoulders. "Knock it off, Bowers, before I knock you on your ass."

"Wow, Eds, you can't even defend yourself?" Henry chuckled. Eddie felt Richie's body tense against him at the use of that nickname.

Richie let his arm slide off of Eddie, walking up to Henry. "Leave it. You don't want to pick a fight with me."

Henry chuckled, pushing Richie back from him. "Chill out, fag. I'm leaving."

Richie's grin faded for a second before it came right back. Eddie could tell that insult bothered him more than any other. Henry tossed Ben's phone onto the concrete, the sound of it hitting the ground enough to make anyone audible cringe. It was definitely cracked. Henry walked past Richie, intentionally hitting him with his shoulder. Eddie bent down and picked up the phone, seeing a couple hairline cracks across the screen. They weren't too noticeable.

"You're in luck, Ben, it doesn't look too bad." Eddie smiled a bit, handing over his phone. Ben smiled back.

"Thanks for trying to stand up for me, Eddie." He said, putting the phone in his pocket.

"Yeah, I guess Richie helped too."

Richie grinned, throwing his arm around Eddie again. "I did all of the work, thank you very much." Eddie pushed his arm off, rolling his eyes.

"Shouldn't you be heading to first period?" Eddie asked, looking back at Richie.

"Shouldn't you?" Richie mocked, gently pushing Eddie. "I'll see you second period, Eds."

"Don't call me that!" Eddie called and he saw Richie turn on his heel, winking. "Don't do that either!"

Richie smirked. "By the way, I like your hair. It's cute," He said, turning back around and walking through the front double doors of the school. Eddie turned to Ben, offering him a smile. However, Ben was chuckling. "You're dating him?"

"Don't be stupid, Ben. I'm not dating him. I don't even like him." Eddie defended, even if his heart starting beating at the mention of dating Richie.

"Oh, yeah? So that blush on your face is nothing? Plus, he called you cute." Ben asked, gently nudging Eddie as they walked. Eddie felt himself blush again, nudging Ben back.

"It's nothing."

"Is it? Or do you like Richie?" Ben pressed, a knowing smirk creeping onto his face as Eddie attempted to stutter out a response.

"I don't- I can't- fuck." Eddie had finally realized or came to terms with the fact, that he liked Richie. He felt it hit him like a train. This really wasn't good.

"Aha! So you do!" Ben said, a little too loudly for Eddie's liking. He hit Ben's shoulder.

"Shut up, Ben. I don't need everyone knowing, especially Richie. Oh, God Richie can never find out."

"What do you mean, Eddie? Tell him!"

"I am not telling him! He doesn't like me like that, trust me, he winks at everyone."

"

"What do you mean? You have to tell him." Ben protested.

Eddie shook his head violently, walking into his first period classroom with Ben not fair behind him. "No, and we are done talking about this."

Ben frowned a little. "Eddie-"

"Shut up, Ben, okay?"

Ben nodded a little, sliding into the seat next to Eddie. He glanced over at the smaller boy to find him smiling down at his phone. The name at the top of the messages read 'Richie'. Ben smiled a little before focusing on getting his stuff together for first period. Before the teacher started talking, Ben leaned over and whispered "try kissing him tonight. See what happens."

Eddie choked back a yell. "What? Are you crazy?"

Ben shrugged. "Think about it, Eddie."

Eddie stared down at his phone for a minute before quickly unlocking it. It was now or never. He opened his and Richie's text conversation, slowing typing in: 'wanna come over after school?' His thumb hovered over the send button before he pushed down, sending the message. The response was almost immediate.

'hell yeah!'

Eddie smiled when he heard the doorbell to his front door ring. He jumped up and raced down the stairs, excitedly swinging the door open.

Richie smiled upon seeing the door open. "Hey, Eddie Spaghetti. Ready to get your ass beat in COD?"

Eddie rolled his eyes. "In your dreams, Tozier, and don't call me that."

Richie chuckled, making his way upstairs into Eddie's room and turning on his Playstation. Eddie tossed him a controller before sitting down on a beanbag beside him.

After a couple games, Eddie couldn't seem to get Ben's comments out of his head. Especially the one where he suggested he kiss Richie. He couldn't... could he?

Eddie was staring at Richie and he didn't even notice until Richie waved a hand in front of his face. "Eds? You okay? Your character has been running into the same wall for about a minute."

Eddie bit his lip. The possibility of rejection swarmed in his head.

"Eddie?"

Before Eddie had even realized he had made up his mind, his body had moved forward quickly. His lips pressed against Richie's harshly, maybe too hard. He nearly missed, his mouth half on top of Richie's, half on his skin. Richie was frozen.

Eddie pulled away a few seconds later, his cheeks a violent shade of pink. Richie's eyes were wide. Eddie stared at him, pleading him silently to give a reaction.

A shit-eating grin spread across Richie's face before he grabbed Eddie's face with his hands and pressed his lips against Eddie's. He instantaneously recuperated, sliding his shaky hand up his neck and into Richie's curly hair.

Richie felt something odd when he kissed Eddie. He couldn't put his finger on the feeling, but it wasn't a bad one. To be completely honest, he loved it.

But it was just a bet.

A couple moments later, Richie pulled away and chuckled. He and Eddie stared at each other for a minute silently, Eddie slowly reaching up and pushing Richie's glasses farther back up on his nose. "Wow, you really caught me off guard there, Eds. Who knew you had it in ya?"

Eddie blushed, pushing Richie off of him. "Shut the fuck up before I regret it."

"Well, now I don't know if I whether to ask you out on a date or not." Richie chuckled.

Eddie rolled his eyes. "If your idea of a date is going to the arcade, then my answer is no."

Richie shook his head. "No, it's gonna be a surprise. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7." He said, watching as Eddie went to protest. "No but's. Seven o'clock."

Eddie rolled his eyes but agreed.

Eddie checked his hair and outfit for the fifth time in the past ten minutes. He was nervous. This was his first proper date and he didn't quite know what to do. He dressed up nicely and did his hair how Richie seemed to like. He pulled gently on the sleeves of his sweater, nervously rubbing the fabric between his fingers.

A car horn honked at precisely 7 o'clock. Eddie raced outside before his mother could protest and walked down his driveway to get the driver's seat of Richie's truck. He put his foot on the running board and hoisted himself up so he could be eye level with Richie.

Richie looked him up and down. "Wow, I really picked a man. You look hot, Eddie Spaghetti."

Eddie blushed and shook his head, reaching inside to flick Richie's head. As he was pulling his hand back, Richie grabbed it and licked it.

"Ew!" Eddie made a face, wiping the purposeful spit off on Richie's shirt. "You are disgusting, Tozier!"

"Only when I'm with you, Eds." Richie winked. "Get in, time's a-wastin'."

Eddie walked over to the passenger side of the truck and got in. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. I told you that it would be yesterday. Use that cute brain of yours."

Eddie stared at Richie. "How is my brain cute? It's literally an organ-"

"Shush, lad. We shall arrive at our destination in less than five minutes." Richie said, faking a terrible British accent.

Soon enough, Richie pulled into a small diner and turned off his truck. He gestured for Eddie to get out while he did the same. He waited until Eddie was beside him before throwing his arm over Eddie's shoulders, pulling him closer.

Richie led Eddie to a table, sitting in the booth across from him.

Eddie glanced around the small diner, chuckling. "This is the most cliche of dates, Richie."

"What's wrong with that?" Richie asked defensively. "I think small diners are great."

Eddie smiled and shook his head. "Nothing's wrong with it."

"Good." Richie picked up one of the plastic menus, deciding on a burger, fries, and a chocolate shake. Eddie settled on grilled cheese and a mint shake.

"I still can't believe you made me try mint."

"And that you liked it?" Eddie asked, a small smirk on his face as he took one of Richie's fries.

"I did not like it," Richie argued

Eddie shook his head. "Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't."

Eddie rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his milkshake. "Yes, you di-"

"Eds, go out with me,"

Eddie choked on the milkshake, pushing it away as he coughed. "What?"

"Go out with me." Richie repeated.

Eddie stared at him for a moment, a smile he couldn't hold back appearing on his face. "Why the hell not."

Richie grinned, eating a fry. Step one of the bet complete in only two weeks. But he couldn't help but feel bad. Eddie never did anything to him and he was completely playing him. He let out a sigh, leaning back in the seat and drinking his milkshake. He would figure something out. He didn't want to hurt Eddie. He couldn't.

heyheyeheyehey!

this ones a bit longer, i hope its good! its starting pick up ;)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

1.3K 102 25
⇢ ˗ˏˋrichie and eddie used to be close, until an expected move drove them apart. but what happens when richie returns to live with his aunt and cous...
144K 4.9K 30
in which Richie and Eddie really, actually hate each other, but find themselves running away from the same problems. ["I need a way out."]
4.5K 136 16
Eddie Kaspbrak is afraid of being sick; Richie Tozier is afraid of giving his parents and the bullies another thing to beat him for. But if it feels...
2.2K 66 25
Richie Tozier, never thought thought that he could fall for another boy. Eddie kasprak, changed that. 43 in #reddie