Only One •| Elijah Mikaelson...

By paigetcute

Roxanne Gilbert is the older sister of the famous doppelganger Elena and young Jeremy. She left town just bef... More

Chapter 1 Home Sweet Hell
Chapter 2- Gilbert Reunion
Chapter 3- Family Conversations
Chapter 4- Temper Temper
Chapter 5- Information and Introductions
Chapter 6- Hell Hath No Fury
Chapter 7- Eavesdropping Can Save Lives
Chapter 8- Unstable and Over Emotional
Chapter 9- Never Cock Block You Older Sister
Chapter 10- Calm before the storm
Chapter 11- Truths and Explosions
Chapter 12- Clean-Up Is A Bitch
Chapter 13- An Unlikely Friend
Chapter 14- Competitive Edge
Chapter 15- Missing
Chapter 16- The Past Comes Back To Bite
Chapter 17- End of The Line
Chapter 18- Memories: The Missing Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 19- Little Revelations
Chapter 20 - Anti-Climax
IMPORTANT MESSAGE!! SORRY
Chapter 22- Unimaginable Pleasure
Chapter 23- She's Not Pulling Her Punches
IMPORTANT UPDATE: I'm alive
Sneak Peak
Chapter 24- Bonding With A Side Of Murder
Questions
Q&A
Chapter 25- Winnie The Pooh

Chapter 21- Fairy-tale Sparks

34K 920 348
By paigetcute

Chapter 21- Fairy-tale Sparks

Oh would you look at this two updates in one day, huh. Your response to the last chapter completely blew me away ad I've only just updated! I love you lot so much, you're all such a confidence boost so I just had to treat you. Honestly, I can't stop smiling... you're all amazing! So here you go- Some (lots) of Elijah and Roxy and you never know it could get steamy ;) Enjoy

Unedited

Disclaimer- Once again I only own Roxanne, Nate, any plot changes and speech

He was right.

Something that he enjoyed bragging about after seeing the awe filled, jaw dropping reaction of the oldest Gilbert when he opened the door, to reveal the bathroom behind it. Klaus visibly puffed with pride when Roxy had squealed with joy at the sight of the sleek, overly spacious, pearl white bathtub that sat just slightly off centre in the large room. It was the main attraction of the room, that immediately captures the attention, especially with how well it contrasts with the dark oak floor and units pressed against the far wall.

His smiled remained, even after Roxanne shoved them out the room and slammed the door in his face. In fact, when he turned to face the crowd behind him, his smile became his trademark smirk that oozed smugness and made his siblings want to smack it clean off his face.

When she didn't reappear after three hours, everyone apart from Jeremy and Nate grew antsy and worried. It wasn't until Kol was about to barge into the bathroom that Jeremy spoke up and soothed their concerns for his sister. He told them of how much of a water baby Roxy was, he casually mentioned the times that he and Elena would time how long their oldest sister would spend in the bath... the record was eight hours, forty-six minutes and fifteen seconds.

By the time she finally emerged everyone had long since gone to bed. She grinned like a maniac evil genius whose plan was falling into place however, just as Roxy turned to head downstairs, the white fluffy towel wrapped tightly around her figure began to slip, reminding the brunette of her current state. After a moment of pondering on whether or not it was worth the risk to sneak and peak in every room in search of clothing, she caught sight of the bag Rebekah packed for her. It had been placed next to the door. Roxy grinned and dropped the towel before casually strolling over to the overly large weekend bag to rummage through and inspect exactly what the female Mikaelson had approved of.

Roxanne settled for a simple grey baggy, short sleeved top that fell off the shoulder, extending its length, which covered a little more than half of the aqua blue polka dot pyjama shorts. Naturally, she paired the outfit with a set of big fluffy white and grey slipper boots. With a quick glance around to check that the coast was clear, Roxy spun to face the stairs. She stared at the descending steps for a short while before her gaze flittered between them and the banister in contemplation. An internal debate between the mature 23-year-old Roxanne and child Roxy begun. However, the childish excitement won and with that the oldest Gilbert quickly jumped up, sitting sideways like a proper lady would- or a witch would on a broom- with her ankles crossed, trying to keep balance before letting go and shuffling up closer to the top of the slope to kick start the pull of gravity thus beginning the ride.

The brunette had to quickly bite her tongue and press her lips together to stop the squeal and joyous laugh from escaping and waking everyone up. Her stomach muscles suddenly tightened at the tingling sensation that only tends to be associated with big drops and rollercoasters.

All too soon the sliding brunette noticed the looming bannister end ornament become increasingly closer, signalling the end of her fun. She readied herself, eyes never leaving the brass decoration, as she mentally counted down to prepare herself for the right moment. Then right as she slid past the second to last step, she flung herself off the bannister and landed in a crouch at the foot of the stairs with a thump.

Roxanne froze; waiting to see if her actions had woken anyone up. But when the house remained silent she grinned in triumph and silently air pumped her victory before turning slightly more serious as she slowly tiptoed her way towards her freedom. Roxy realised, with a silent chuckle, that she was behaving like she did as a teenager when she snuck out at home.

And just like all those other times of success, the brunette believed that she'd succeeded again, however, just as she reached the door, a smooth accented voice rung out. One that despite being spoken as a soft murmur from across the room, it came across louder in the quiet of the night. Without having to look, the eldest Gilbert knew the owner of the voice immediately. Muffled footsteps gradually became louder the closer they got, shredding any hope she had at sneaking off.

"Caught you"

Roxy froze, eyes wide like a deer caught in the headlights before she squeezed them shut and bowed her head with a small whisper that had Elijah's lips turning up "Shit"

The noble Mikaelson frowned in confusion when he noticed that the brunette in front of him seemed to be frozen in place, still on her tiptoes with her loosely fisted hands brought up in some type of meek surrender position to appear smaller and go unnoticed. Quickly, his confusion turned to amusement when he realised that she was in fact trying to disappear in a way.

"Pretending to be a statue isn't going to make you invisible" This time he did smirk, one that Roxy could clearly hear from the laughter in his voice.

As she was never one to do a job half cocked, the eldest Gilbert changed positions. Now on flat feet, she placed a hand on her hip and the other up in the air, like a human shaped teapot "What about now?"

The original shook his head and chuckled. She truly was a unique, bold individual with a special type of personality to top it off "That trick isn't going to work on me I'm afraid"

She slumped her position and turned her head to look back at the man. An easy smile lit up as she replied, continuing their playful banter "Would you believe me if I told you that it's worked in the past?"

"From what I've seen in this town since my return. Sadly, yes" As Elijah's head shook in mock dismay, Roxanne's was thrown backwards with a burst of laughter. In that moment Elijah was mesmerised, just watching such a beautiful creature as she laughed so carefree and full of joy. Those foreign emotions warmed and clenched in his chest and caused him to become ridged, especially as he fought the urge to run his fingers through her still damp chocolatey locks.

Before any more control could slip, Elijah brought the conversation back to the reason they were currently standing close to the exit, in the middle of the night "Where do you think you're going?"

"For a walk?" It sounded as though she was unsure of her answer as he stared down at her.

Elijah took a step closer with every word he spoke until he loomed over the brunette, who had to crane her neck back to continue to hold his gaze. "Alone? The ones that killed you are still out there-"

"I'm aware"

"-and you wish to wander around, alone and unprotected?"

He expected her to argue back, to somehow talk him in circles until he was compliant. But she didn't; once again she surprised him. Her next words stunned the one thousand-year-old into silence "Come with me then"

~8~

They walked in comfortable silence from the mansion until they reached the edge of the woods. Both of them just taking in the beauty of the night and basking in the company of one another.

"What was it like?" The younger of the two was the one to break the silence. At his questioning look she explained "Living here a thousand years ago" Oddly enough the curiosity that oozed from her words, for some reason, filled the original with a strange warmth.

Her question was a heavy one but the suited Mikaelson find himself wanting to answer, wanting to tell her the stories from his many years on this earth. It was different talking to Roxanne than it was talking to her sister about his family and their history. When he spoke to Elena, it was difficult. Not only had he just woken from a long temporary death but the only reason he'd been revived at all had been for information. In a way, it had felt like the doppelganger had done exactly what her ancestors had; used him. But walking with the doppelganger's older sister now, who didn't have an alternative motive other than to satisfy her own curiosity, it was like a breath of fresh air. She wasn't hungry for a way to destroy him and his family, she wasn't interested in 'Elijah the second dangerous Original Vampire' no, she wanted to know 'Elijah Mikaelson, second eldest son to Esther and Mikael'. It felt amazing, she was amazing and not at all what he expected the older sister of the remaining Gilbert's would be.

He smiled, a true wide smile that momentarily blindsided the brunette "What do you want to know?"

She shook her head to clear her focus and returned his grin "How good are you at sword fighting?"

Any worries or hesitance Elijah might had about lowering his defences now laid in crumbles at the back of his mind as he divulged his past to the mysterious brunette walking next to him. The Original couldn't remember a time in his existence that he'd spoken so much with so much passion and put animation behind his words. It came as a shock that there was none of the usual pain and burden that came with speaking about certain situations, especially the ones involving Niklaus, and when they were human, the abuse that Elijah felt like a failure for not stopping and the death of their youngest brother, the wedge Tatia drove between him and Klaus and, each and every dagger episode he watched Klaus stick in their siblings.

If he was being truthful, Elijah was barely paying attention to the stories he told. Instead the suited Mikaelson was more focused on the fiery tempered Gilbert reacted and her little comments- they most particularly added a sense of Roxy inappropriate humour; not to mention the snide and bitchy remarks whenever he mentioned his parents- and her laughter.

Once they'd finished laughing over Elijah's recollection of the time the first gun had been made; Rebekah demanded that they taught her how to shoot and Klaus ended up with a bullet hole in his chest for his sarcastic remarks. The noble Mikaelson caught the eldest Gilbert off guard with his sudden question "What about you?"

"What about me? There's nothing that I've seen that you probably haven't already" She shrugged and chuckled before using her shoulder to playfully bump into his. "You've got, like, 977 years on me"

Elijah sensed her reluctance to talk about her experiences outside of Mystic Falls and decided to change the subject "I'm curious..." with a pause to glance at her inquiring look he continued "Why didn't anyone know about another Gilbert?"

Roxy nodded, a silent 'ah' escaping as she understood exactly what he was asking but he continued to explain "Nobody mentioned you or anything about there being another sibling to Jeremy and Elena. There was no hint of your existence when I researched how the existence of your sister, another doppelganger, was possible. On paper you do not exist, yet here you stand" The noble Mikaelson stopped walking and turned to stare in her eyes "Who are you, Roxanne Gilbert?"

"According to my parents, my birth was difficult to say the least. Technically I was born dead and had to be resuscitated; the umbilical cord was wrapped tightly around my neck and when the doctors pulled me out, I was strangled. The doctors were in such a rush to revive me when they noticed my lack of breathing that when they pulled me out, they also caused some internal damage to my mum that would make conceiving again next to impossible.

At the time, it didn't really bother my parents since by their logic 'one child was better than none'. But when the news had finally sunk in, they were devastated yet determined to make sure I wasn't an only child. The older I got the less hopeful they were and close to giving up. But then I vaguely remember when they brought Elena home, which was confusing to five-year-old me, but my parents were so happy. It didn't matter that she was my cousin, I always saw her as my sister" She chuckled, remembering the hazy memory "My dad always told me that when they saw me cuddling this tiny, pink blanket wrapped baby, it renewed their determination. Then three years later, when they watched as the blue blanket was placed in my arms with little three-year-old Elena snuggled next to me, the two of us cooing over our baby brother... they felt that our little family was complete."

"The older we got the more apparent it became, I was the black sheep of the family. I'm sure you've noticed how different I am compared to Elena and Jeremy. So, it's no surprise that when I left I made a lot of enemies. Hence-" She made a sound in the back of her throat and slid a finger across her neck "I couldn't risk anyone finding out about my life and family here. So, I erased myself."

"What happened that would make you do that?"

"I'm assuming Nate told you how we met... well, some of the witches in his coven weren't pleased that I'd saved him. So, they hexed me. When Nate couldn't figure out what was wrong, he took me to see someone, a witch from a different coven... her name was Seraphina" Elijah's eyes widened, and she nodded in confirmation "Yep. She did some weird witchy juju that even Nate didn't understand and before either of us could react she stabbed me in the chest and tried to steal my soul, in a way. When it didn't work, she fled and Nate got me the hell out of there" Roxy laughed, thinking about her best friend and his reaction "That was the first time I woke up after dying. Scared the crap out of him. He thought I was a zombie and tried to bash my head in, but it was hilarious" Elijah joined in with her laughter, just imagining the picture she painted with her words. Once their laughter subsided, Roxy let out a sigh she did a mini shrug and hopped over a rock "After he calmed down and accepted the fact that I was alive, something that we didn't know how or why but it was just another problem to add to the list to deal with at a later date. When he told me that my would-be killer witch was still on the loose, we decided that it would be best if 'Roxanne Marie Gilbert from Mystic Falls' disappeared."

"Who are you?" The question was once again murmured by the awe filled Original as he stared after the eldest Gilbert female as she walked ahead, whilst he had unknowingly stopped.

Clearly the brunette in question didn't hear him, or she pretended not to. She looks at him over her shoulder, her eyebrow raised to express her curiosity as to why he was no longer walking next to her. Elijah simply shook his head slightly, regaining his senses and putting on his cool and collected façade before strolling over to the stationary brunette. He automatically offered the woman his arm along with one of his rare, real smiles "Shall we?"

Roxy's slight confused frown instantly turned into a beaming smile as she accepted his gentlemanly action and mock curtsied before weaving her arm through his "We shall"

They walked in silence after that, both deep in thought. Unknowingly the two were both thinking on the same wavelength. Elijah was stuck on the dilemma of his mother's actions and what the consequences would have been had it not been for the brunette next to him. Whilst Roxy was recalling everything she had been told about what had happened since she left, and started wondering 'what ifs'... what if she'd never left, how would things be different.

Elijah was the first to be brought out of his thoughts when he noticed the thinning of the trees and, using his vampiric hearing, hear the tell-tale signs of running water. He glanced down at the brunette Gilbert, expecting to see a smile when she realised where they were however, instead he saw her eyes glazed over as she frowned with pursed lips.

"Roxanne?" No answer "Roxanne?... Roxy?"

She blinked rapidly, looking around startled before her eyes rested on the tall suited figure practically leaning over her "Huh, what?"

"Are you alright?" He asked, concerned obvious in his tone and expression

"Yeah, just thinking" She murmured, distracted

"About...?"

"When I left." She stopped, taking in their surroundings and staring at the waterfall with a small smile. Then she remembered her trail of thought and explained to the Original "I just feel like none of this would have happened this way if I had of stuck around"

"Ah"

"Yeah, ah" She mimicked before changing the gloomy subject so that Elijah couldn't respond "Race you" The brunette made quick work of her slippers, socks and pyjamas. Elijah whipped his head around to face the brunette just in time to see the last article of clothing hit the ground before she rushed past him, completely nude, diving straight into the water.

The second eldest Mikaelson remained frozen, staring in shock at the exact spot the bold brunette had disappeared only seconds ago. Elijah felt the blood rush directly to his lower regions when Roxy emerged, despite her being further away, the Original's heightened eyesight homed in on the water droplets as they slowly trailed down her naked flesh, teasing him. He swallowed hard suddenly feeling parched, the burning hunger that travelled through his body was a combination of lust and thirst for the oblivious brunette, and Elijah was unsure what he desired more at that moment... her blood or her.

The answer was clear when she glanced at him over her shoulder and smiled invitingly "The water's great... freezing but amazing!"

"You're insane" He scoffed with a chuckle

"Tell me something I don't know" Roxy tossed her head back and laughed, she spun around so that she was facing the Original. Never breaking eye contact, she began a slow breaststroke, gliding through the water disturbing the moonlights perfect reflection as the surface rippled around her form. "Are you going to join me or am I gonna have to get out and make you?"

Elijah quirked an eyebrow at the threat, knowing that there was no doubt in his mind that she would follow through. nevertheless, he removed his jacket and began unbuttoning his shirt, rather erotically in Roxanne's opinion. With the final button, the shirt drifted open and Roxy's eyes immediately drank in the sight of his chiselled chest. Her inspection was put on hold when the Original started to undo his trousers. On the inside, Roxy felt like a dog panting with its tongue out as the grey piece of clothing began to lack and drift down. She followed their path, her eyes licking up every new piece of flesh they revealed as they pooled at Elijah's feet to join his shirt and blazer. The usually noble Mikaelson felt a sizzling trail of pleasure follow the brunette's eyes as they traced his body; it was excruciating for him to remain still and seem unaffected as they slowly made their way back up to his now smirking face. But the second Elijah noticed the way her eyes mirrored his, how dark they had become with lust, he made quick work to rid himself of his socks, shoes and boxers before rushing to join her in the water.

The ice-cold liquid did nothing to tame the flames of desire radiating from the two skinny-dippers. Hell, if it was possible, Elijah was sure that the water would begin to boil from the heat of both occupants. The brunette stayed in place, treading water, waiting for her male counterpart to get closer- which with his speed took no time at all. It was uncertain who was the hunter and the prey since they both shared the same dark and hooded eyes and hungry smiles whilst staring each other down, waiting to see who would give in and make the first move. However, it didn't last long as Roxanne started to drift backwards, enticing the predator side of the immortal in front of her.

If it was possible, Elijah's eyes darkened, and his smirk widened, the thrill of the chase she was offering caused the blood to roar and pump through his body until it pounded in his ears.

He was like a shark, stalking it prey as they entered deeper waters. But in no way, was she helpless. No; she was predator by her own right and being just that, she suddenly disappeared beneath the surface, hidden by the night. Clearly, she wanted to play a game and it was one Elijah refused to lose.

The once suited Original swiftly followed Roxy's lead and dived down, searching for the female. It was not an easy feat, even with his enhanced sight, to see through the black abyss. Fortunately, it seemed that luck was on his side when he caught sight of this glorious female figure gliding further ahead. Her stark usually sun kissed skin looked pale compared to the darkness but it didn't change her beauty nor the fact that she was his beacon of light. Elijah was a torpedo under the water, solely focused of the nude womanly body that belonged to the eldest Gilbert.

A surprised muted squeal of bubbles burst from Roxy's mouth when she felt a hand latch onto her ankle, preventing her from fleeing. Usually she be upset or pissed off that she'd lost but the anticipation of knowing what was going to happen next pushed any hard-competitive feelings aside, especially when the hand traced up, teasing her now goose bumped covered skin. The two floated up and broke the surface, taking mutual, greedy gulps of air. Two hands this time, planted themselves on her upper arms and spun her around to face the victor.

Elijah was all she could see and as her eyes flittered down to his lips. She watched in a trace like state as they gradually turned up and became a smug and very satisfied, hungry grin.

The game was over. He'd won and now he was going to get his prize... her.

His arms coiled around her waist while hers dug into his shoulders. It was as though gravity was pulling the two unknowingly closer until their foreheads rested against one another. But it didn't stop there. Slowly their noses bumped and then finally, their lips brushed over each other a couple of times, testing the waters, until they both took the plunge and dove straight into each other.

Their lips melded together as they began their dance of passion. Lips met lips and it wasn't before long that tongue battled against tongue. Fighting for dominance, neither willing to surrender this time.

The saying 'Sparks will fly' didn't even come close to the mind-boggling shocks that both sides received. A forest fire could spark from them and neither of them would care. Being in the middle of the lake didn't bother either of them or douse their flames of passion.

Elijah hands were everywhere, tracing and committing every each of her body to his memory before they settled on her waist. He squeezed her, leaving bruises without a doubt, before pulling her impossibly closer and lifting her up. Roxy's legs automatically wound around his waist and hooked together behind his back. The sudden warmth of her lower region and the proximity caused the last of Elijah's restraint and gentlemanly self to snap. It became a frenzy of movements. Roxy's hands moved from tracing his chest, up his neck and tangled themselves in his hair, pulling and tugging the Original closer into a bruise worthy kiss. The two of them were trying to get as close as possible, despite that being impossible with their current position. To an onlooker, no one would be able to tell where one person ended and the other began.

Whenever one needed to part for air, the other would leave a trail of open mouthed kisses on the rest of their upper body. From their neck to shoulders and chest. They never fully break away from each other.

Never in his entire existence had he felt so alive yet so damned at the same time. His hands wound tighter, clutching on to the brunette like a snake would on its meal. Every inch of his body felt like it was on fire as naked flesh met with naked flesh. He revelled at how perfect her body fit again his.

He wanted to consume her, all of her. She was his. Just as he was hers... they were each other's equals

Hot damn ;) I hope that was a satisfying first kiss for you. I loved writing this and I can't wait to read your reactions... I hope this came as a good surprise :) andI also hope that it was worth the wait for our ship to come to life 

So question- can you imagine what it would have been like if Roxy had of been there from the first episode?

Oh and I just needed to clarify that I post all my stories on Fanfiction, Wattpad and Quotev. I need to get around to changing the account names so that they're all the same but at the moment they are as follows...

Fanfiction – FictionalBoysAreBetter

Wattpad – Paigetcute

Quotev – DeviousPez

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 4.7K 58
She's the daughter of the oldest hybrid in the world, Niklaus Mikaelson. Her father is the King of New Orleans, and her mother is the Queen of the w...
85.4K 2K 31
T.W Abuse/violence/sex/drugs/etc Previously named 'The Outcased Sister' Rieka Donovon, a special girl. She was found on the Donovan doorstep at thr...
1.1K 29 22
STATUS: ON GOING A beautiful brunette who goes by two names with different people. Elena Gilbert, a human girl who was taken in by the Gilbert family...
440K 11.3K 41
Henrik Mikaelson has been reincarnated as Jeremy Gilbert, the younger brother of Elena Gilbert - the latest Petrova Doppelganger whom Klaus is determ...