Only One •| Elijah Mikaelson...

By paigetcute

Roxanne Gilbert is the older sister of the famous doppelganger Elena and young Jeremy. She left town just bef... More

Chapter 1 Home Sweet Hell
Chapter 2- Gilbert Reunion
Chapter 3- Family Conversations
Chapter 4- Temper Temper
Chapter 5- Information and Introductions
Chapter 6- Hell Hath No Fury
Chapter 7- Eavesdropping Can Save Lives
Chapter 8- Unstable and Over Emotional
Chapter 9- Never Cock Block You Older Sister
Chapter 10- Calm before the storm
Chapter 11- Truths and Explosions
Chapter 12- Clean-Up Is A Bitch
Chapter 13- An Unlikely Friend
Chapter 14- Competitive Edge
Chapter 15- Missing
Chapter 16- The Past Comes Back To Bite
Chapter 17- End of The Line
Chapter 18- Memories: The Missing Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 19- Little Revelations
Chapter 21- Fairy-tale Sparks
IMPORTANT MESSAGE!! SORRY
Chapter 22- Unimaginable Pleasure
Chapter 23- She's Not Pulling Her Punches
IMPORTANT UPDATE: I'm alive
Sneak Peak
Chapter 24- Bonding With A Side Of Murder
Questions
Q&A
Chapter 25- Winnie The Pooh

Chapter 20 - Anti-Climax

29.3K 812 360
By paigetcute

Chapter 20- Anti-climax

Unedited

Disclaimer- Once again I only own Roxanne, Nate, any plot changes and speech

Roxanne struggled to keep a straight face at the flabbergasted, gaping like a fish out of water expressions the vampires in the room wore. It was comical how their jaws dropped, and their eyes bulged almost simultaneously.

"That's impossible"

"No more impossible than a thousand-year-old hybrid that survives on blood and turns into a giant dog at will"

Jeremy tilted his head and nodded at his sister's logic and it seems that he wasn't the only one. Everyone, minus Klaus, looked like they were contemplating her words. The hybrid on the other hand was glaring at Roxy.

"Wolf"

"What?"

"It's a wolf. I turn into a wolf not a dog, a wolf!" He growled, frustrated with the lack of recognition the brunette had for him.

"What does it matter... you still end up on all fours, covered in fur, licking your own balls" She grinned as multiple people choked, spluttered or just out right laughed at her retort.

Before his brother could act on the murderous thoughts that were clearly circulating through his mind, judging from the dark expression, the oldest Mikaelson spoke up. "You're deflecting"

She turned to face him with wide innocent eyes and a smile, "Whatever do you mean?"

"You are trying to turn the attention away from your little revelation" Roxy's response was to look around and whistle as she sunk deeper in the sofa.

The hybrid frowned at his brothers' statement, it annoyed him greatly that he hadn't managed to figure out her little ploy himself. Especially since it was so obvious judging from the victorious glint in the eldest Gilbert's' eyes as she smiled in his direction, obviously catching the drift of his thoughts. The rest of the Mikaelson clan, along with Finn's lover, Jeremy and Nate, watched as last of the Hybrid's control snapped like an overused elastic band. Their respect for the brunette rose when she didn't so much as blink or flinch when Klaus flashed in front of her.

"Don't play with me. Tell me what you are!" He roared, his face inches away from her own

The group watched with baited breath for the brunette's reaction. Jeremy tightened his grip on his sister as Nate stiffened in alarm, ready to defend his best friend whilst the two eldest Mikaelson's tensed with worry in contrast with their two youngest siblings' who watched with childlike anticipation. Out of all the possible ways in which they believed she would react, nothing prepared them for the actual moment.

Roxy slowly brought a hand to her face and wiped under her right eye in an exaggerated manner "Say it don't spray it, dog breath"

If he was anything lesser than the Original Hybrid, he surely would have fallen over in his shocked state. However, with an ego as big as his, Klaus simply stumbled away as he spluttered whilst gapping like a fish out of water. He was so stunned as he stared at the brunette that he didn't notice the laughter and mockery coming from those who witnessed the exchange, or more prominent, his reaction.

It never got old for the Mikaelson's to watch someone else have the upper hand against their brother using just their words, especially when it was a certain feisty older Gilbert female... yes, it was marvellous sight to behold indeed.

Roxy's teasing expression turned sincere with a knowing hint at the hybrid's stunned yet disheartened one. It was clear to the brunette that the immortal in front of her felt inadequate. An unwanted burden that served as a constant reminder of his mother's infidelity, especially around his siblings, despite the façade of being the heartless, cruel Original that embraced his differences. Knowing that he wasn't one for pity, the oldest Gilbert offered an olive branch so to speak. As Nate seemed to constantly tell her... she was far more empathetic than she let on

"The elements." Her voice caught everyone's attention and broke them from their laughing fit. When she took in their curious yet confused expressions, and Nate's smiling one, she continued "I'm linked to the elements. That's the last clue you're getting," Roxy held up a hand, her voice became sterner when she noticed the hybrid's mouth open to protest "I'm not going to tell you what I am... Figure it out yourself. Show me how smart a thousand-year-old Original Hybrid can be"

The challenge was obvious in her tone and the smirk that graced her lips. Klaus' threatening stance and frustrated look melted into a smirk that mirrored the brunettes'. No words were exchanged since his expression said it all: challenge accepted.

~8~

At the Salvatore boarding house, the two brothers, along with the assistance of Caroline Forbes and Bonnie Bennet, spent the night comforting a broken-hearted Elena. To say that the girl was a mess, was putting it mildly.

"They did this... this is their fault" Her words were coated with hatred as she glared at the fire

Damon spoke up from where he stood by the fireplace, swirling a glass of bourbon "So let's kill 'em"

Stefan shook his head, his tone disapproving as he began to lecture his brother on everything that could go wrong with this plan but then he was cut off before he could start "Damon-"

"No, Stefan. I want them dead" Surprisingly, Elena was the one to interrupt the younger Salvatore. She looked at the raven-haired vampire with teary eyes "How do we do this?"

~8~

After the little challenging stare down between Klaus and Roxy, which Kol and his obnoxious cough broke, the conversation took a turn in the direction of what the brunette had missed since she was kidnapped.

Jeremy spoke first, leaving nothing out as he told his sister what happened from the moment he discovered she was gone. He told her how he felt, to his argument with Elena and her doubt as she sided with the Salvatore's before he trailed off after explaining how he fled the house and contacted The Originals for help. The Mikaelson's then took over and began their recount from getting the boy's phone call to searching. Nate then butted in to mention his own little call causing the recently resurrected Gilbert to smirk at his smugness for acting so mysterious and vague. The youngest male Mikaelson huffed and rolled his eyes to interrupt the witch, so he himself could impress the only other fun person in this town that he liked.

Even though she was truly listening to their story and taking everything they said in; Roxy couldn't bring herself to look away from her baby brothers broken, tear streaked face as she felt her heart crack. Guilt gnawed at her for the part she played in his pain, but the anger she felt for those stupid vampire brothers, and her own hurt and disappointment at Elena greatly outweighed it...

It was safe to say that the next time Roxanne came across the Salvatore brothers and her younger sister, it wasn't going to be a pleasant meeting.

By the time she was all caught up to date with the drama, Rebekah had just finished speaking about her discovery of the existence of the white oak, and already the oldest Gilbert's mind was whizzing with possible solutions. Despite her efforts to push aside the storm of rather ugly emotions brewing within her at the so called 'Scooby Gang'. It seemed that they managed to leak through and influence her plans; especially since most of them involved serious bodily harm towards them- specifically the two love interests for her younger sister.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" The question came from the witch by the fireplace, who was watching his best friend with a knowing gleam and smirk as if to say he knew what she was thinking.

In response Roxanne pursed her lips to hide her own smirk, all the while looking like a child getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar. It was obvious to the brunette that Nate knew the doppelgänger wouldn't understand or appreciate any harm that came to Stefan or Damon. She opened her mouth to defend herself or act innocent against his silent accusation, but Nate just raised a single eyebrow paired with a 'don't try to bullshit me, I know you too well' look, so, she just pouted playfully and looked away.

"Do you feel like we're missing something?" Kol's sarcastic question was answered with multiple glares and a well-deserved hit to the head from his sister.

The brief interaction broke the two mysteries from their silent conversation. They looked around at the confused yet intrigued expressions of the vampires and the youngest Gilbert. However, when her eyes met with those of the suited Original, the intensity of them startled the brunette but she couldn't and wouldn't look away. She could see a hint of jealousy that burned her to the core and made her stomach clench. Slowly, she felt herself get sucked into the depths of two swirling chocolate coloured pools he called eyes. They were mesmerising.

When he noticed that Roxy wasn't even paying attention to the conversation let alone, going to respond, Nate took over the responsibility of explaining. "I was just telling Roxy that maiming and killing people isn't going to solve our problems"

"Oh, I can get on board with that plan" Kol cheered gleefully, his eyes lighting up at the prospect of the amount of damage the two of them could accomplish together. The perfect partners in crime. Oh, how he couldn't wait.

"But you didn't say anything" The youngest Gilbert spoke, his voice confused and muffled from where his face was still buried against Roxy. His eyes widened suddenly when a thought occurred to him "You're telepathic?!"

"No," Nate chuckled, shooting a fond smile at his friend "I've known your sister long enough to know what goes on inside that head of hers" His smile became a teasing grin "It's all violence and sassy, sarcastic comments"

His words had their desired effect as Jeremy relaxed and chuckled whilst Roxy snapped out of her deep staring with Elijah and called out an offended "Hey!" which went ignored causing her to huff and pout, slumping further down in her seat, grumbling insults under her breath.

With a loud clap of her hands to capture everyone's attention, including her brother who jumped away from her, now wide awake and ready to go on the attack. She heaved herself up from the depths of the comfortable sofa. "Well, this has been fun but if you'll excuse me... I have a date with my poor neglected, ever faithful companion"

The reactions of her companions all varied as chaos ensued but that didn't stop her observing them. Jeremy simply stood there, blinking in confusion, too tired to fully comprehend anything going on. Nate just smirked at her antics however, his eyes communicated his disapproval. The eldest Mikaelson and his lover stared at the brunette, worry prominent on their faces, whilst the youngest two of the family bombarded her with question after question, eager for gossip. The hybrid acted in a similar manner, shooting off demands for her to reveal her secrets, it was clear that he wasn't about to give up any time soon. And then she looked at Elijah. The noble Original stood ridged, a blank mask firmly in place, trying to appear unfazed by the brunette's words however, the burning rage and jealousy in his eyes spoke volumes. It startled her once again, at not only the intensity behind the emotions but also at how her body reacted to them. Warmth spread through her chest and lower region. It was such a foreign feeling that reeked of sincerity that Roxy felt the need to flee the room quicker.

Just as she turned in the direction of the stairs, a hand latched onto her bicep, halting her movements. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where are you sneaking off to?"

The question was deliberately spoken louder to ensure that it caught everyone's attention- which it did. All at once, the jumble mix of voices quietened down causing the brunette to turn and glare daggers at the smirking youngest male Mikaelson. Although she couldn't deny that if the roles were reversed, the chances are she'd do something similar just to get someone in trouble. Despite her annoyance at her foiled escape plan, Roxy knew that she had found a kindred spirit- so to speak. Almost unwillingly, a mischievous playful smile that looked a lot like a smirk spread across her lips, which the vampire mirrored.

Her hands came up and rested firmly on her hips. Both her stance and words oozed attitude when answering his taunt. "To bed"

Roxy refused to break eye contact with the supposedly reckless, bloodthirsty youngest son of the Mikaelson clan. The way she saw it was that this was their rematch and she'll be damned if she loses...again. It seemed that Kol was on the same wavelength as the brunette, his eyebrow quirked up in amusement before his expression turned to one of competitive determination as the stare down began once again. Since the two were so engaged with their rematch, they didn't witness the way the others in the room let out a collective breath of relief at Roxy's response. They didn't notice the looks of amusement and concern being exchanged, or feel the burning gaze of the suited Original; and they certainly didn't see the way Nate's eyes widened in shock as he mentally compared how similar Roxy and Kol were.

He could see it now; the same deceiving childish, laid back personality that hid the darkness beneath. The same mischief shone in both their eyes and based on his own memories and the rumours that spoke of The Originals, it was clear they shared the same level of violence and short fuses when it came to their tempers.

The implications of the revelation sent a shiver of fear down Nate's spine. Oh God, he thought watching the identical smirks on his best friend and the youngest male Mikaelson, the world is doomed. Unfortunately, nobody heard the witch groan and facepalm as he imagined the chaos the two would cause.

Roxy and Kol jerked back at the sudden change of movement when they both noticed, out of the corner of their eyes, one of their current spectators step closer. When they realised the implications of their actions, the two short tempered competitors simultaneously groaned and cursed the interruption. It didn't last long when a most unlikely voice of reason spoke up, bringing the attention of the room back to the previous conversation.

"Not alone you're not" Klaus surprised everyone with the concern he was desperately trying to hide for the welfare of the brunette.

"As flattered as I am for the offer, I'm gonna have to decline" She sassed, annoyed at the hybrid for interrupting her chance at victory "My bed is a fur and shed free zone"

Roxanne smirked at the now spluttering hybrid before turning her gaze to her competitor, who was no longer standing on the opposite side, but rather right next to her, with an arm tossed around her shoulders. They shared a mischievous grin with a nod of approval and congratulations, which was followed by a subtle high five. From the corner of her eye, the brunette caught sight of her witch best friend in the middle of a groan and eye roll. Confusion with the hint of her previous amusement coloured Roxy's features as she tilted her head and frowned slightly in Nate's direction. When she received a simple dismissive shake of the head to her silent question, Roxy tuned back in to the situation.

"You're not leaving, are you?" It was clear that the question was rhetorical, the answer was obvious in the firm resoluteness of not only his stare, but his siblings as well. She threw her arms up in agitation and tried grasping at straws. "Well there's not enough space here for all of you" She grinned, triumph...

And then her smile dropped. "That's alright, Love. There's more than enough space in the mansion"

She sighed, too tired to argue anymore, her energy had vanished, awaking the aches and pain from her healing wounds. Clearly her body was still recovering from all the torture and death. It surprised the brunette just how quickly she had forgotten what had transpired merely hours ago. "You're not gonna take 'no' for an answer, are you? Guess I better pack a bag then"

Her sudden acceptance threw the occupants in the room for a moment or two, but they soon recovered and eagerly jumped at the opportunity to rush the oldest Gilbert out of the house, before she could change her mind.

"Leave that to me" Rebekah jumped up and sped upstairs, her excitement was clear in her tone, at the prospect of rummaging through the brunettes' wardrobe.

"Well ok then" Roxy just blinked, completely at ease even when Jeremy also ran past to gather his own belongings, before she turned to where the Mikaelson males and Sage stood closer to the door than earlier. She pointed at them and spoke in a tone that was mixed between teasing and serious "This mansion of yours better have a big arse bath... I'm in desperate need of a bubble bath to soak in"

Klaus smirked and swelled with satisfaction, triumph and a higher level of smugness that the others didn't believe he could achieve "Trust me, love. 'Big' is an understatement"

Nate slapped his hand over his best friend's mouth before she could respond to the obvious innuendo. "Don't you dare"

He could feel her pout under his palm.

You know when you read those stories that just make you question what the hell you're reading? Well I've read so many of them but then I got thinking that what if someone was reading my story like this... what if they were laughing and asking themselves why the hell I write when I'm crap at it. And it really made me feel insecure and doubt my writing. So I took a break, I wasn't ignoring your messages just for the sake of it, I promise

But then I thought fuck it, I write because I love it. To hell with writing standards so TADA I'M BACK!!!

And I am so so so so so sorry I left you hanging like that BUT I've got a treat for you because of that 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 265 42
Jessica Gilbert is back....with a little secret. After finding their way back from Beacon Hills, Jessica and her two boyfriends, Damon and Klaus, ar...
85.3K 2K 31
T.W Abuse/violence/sex/drugs/etc Previously named 'The Outcased Sister' Rieka Donovon, a special girl. She was found on the Donovan doorstep at thr...
290K 4.3K 20
Arielle Gilbert is the younger fraternal twin sister of Elena Gilbert, always coming second to her. This is the story of her becoming a first choice...
363K 7.1K 67
Rosalie Marie Gilbert, the infamous identical twin sister to Elena Gilbert. She's been pulled into the world of vampires, werewolves, and witches eve...