The Fairytale

By ElizabethLow

I want a guy, who will do whatever it takes to be with me. Someone who will hold me tight, and never let me g... More

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

79 5 7
By ElizabethLow

Previously;

"Did... Did Greg Beddings touch you... Inappropriately?" he struggle to ask me with a pained look on his face.

I stared at him, "Not exactly," I said slowly.

"unless you consider putting his beefy hand on my shoulder inappropriate," I continued with a look of disgust etched upon my face.

Both Kevin and Jake breathe a sigh of relieve, as they opened the doors of the jeep and jogged into the house, dragging me in with them.

Chapter 2

"Hey Uncle Mike," I called out as I was dragged into the home of my cousins. Uncle Mike was my dad's older brother, who happened to be a very successful journalist and writer. He travelled a lot, so when Kevin and Jake were younger, they use to stay over at my place. We'd bunk in my room, and dad would let us have popcorn and stay up extra late... However, the boys would end up telling me ghost stories to freak me out. Ahh... the good old times!

"Hey kiddo," Uncle Mike called back. Then there was the sound of the chair being dragged slightly, and shuffling of papers before he jogged into the living room to embrace me in one of his warm hugs.

"How's Daniel?" he asked, referring to my dad with a small smile. Both my dad and Uncle Mike were very close brothers. Out of the five siblings, they stuck together after all these years, even moved into the same area. While Kathleen and Lauren, their twin sisters moved to Australia and Canada, the oldest brother of the family, William lived in Singapore with his wife.

"You just saw him two days ago," I smiled back.

"Really? Seems like ages ago," he said with a twinkle in his eye.

"He's doing great," I replied with a grin, causing him to chuckle.

"Ah well, tell the old man, that you guys are coming over for dinner this Friday and I wouldn't take no for an answer, got it?" he asked as him patted me on the back and ruffled my hair.

"Got it," I called out, and fixed my hair. Typical girl habit.

"Oh and Liz, just call your dad to let him know you'll be here for dinner," he called out as he walked out of the living room, and back to the hall.

"But the boys-" I started only to get cut off.

"-will take you home. Don't worry about it, I won't take no for an answer!" he called back, and then the slam of the door was heard, and I was enveloped in to silence.

The boys were probably taking a shower. I'll hang out with them this afternoon if they don't mind, otherwise, I'll make do with their wide collection of books.

*********

"Please, please, pleeeeeeaaassseeee..." whined Jake. I find it hard to believe he's six months older, when he acts like the younger one.

"No..." that was my only response for the last ten minutes of enduring his whining.

"Pleeeeeaseeee..."

"No. No. NO."

Pretty pleeeeeassse, with the icing and a cherry on top?"

Ugh, no Jake, go bug Kevin," I groaned as I pushed his face away.

"Kev's studying for his Chemistry test tomorrow... Pleeeease Lizzy..... Pleasssseee!"

"I hate you," I mumble with a glared as I slammed my book close and huffed.

" Aww... You know you love me," he smirked in victory. His blond tousled hair was something he inherited from his mother. Something he hated, because Jake and Kevin's mother had left them when Jake was three and Kevin was about five or six. Jake use to tell me how much he hated his mother when we were younger. Until one day, he was desperate to replace her;

*Flashback;

"Lizzy, I wish your mommy was my mommy," said a eight year old Jake to a the girl in a grass stained white blouse and green shorts.

The little girl only smiled a toothy smile, and replied, "No you don't silly, then we can't be best cousins,"

"Why not?" frowned Jake, as he took out his glasses to rub the dirt off the lenses. He had just gotten glasses three days ago, and he hated it already because he was constantly teased about it by Carroline and his brother, Kevin.

"Because you'd have to be my brother, and then I'd have to hate you," She said with a serious look on her face,"Just like you hate Kevy," she whispered.

"No, we won't hate each other, I promise. Beside's I just hate Kevin because he thinks he's too cool to be my brother," said Jake as he scrunched up his nose.

"I don't know," replied the girl slowly and unsure.

"Please Lizzy, pleeease," begged the little boy, "I really want a mommy," 

"Oh alright Jakey," the little girl said with a smile,"you can share my mommy."

The two kids hugged each other, and when back to playing with their toys, like they never had that conversation, but since that day, Jake started to call his aunt, 'mommy ', and he still does when he refers to his late aunt.

*End of Flashback

"Come on Liz, stop daydreaming!" whined Jake.

"huh," I said as I brought back to reality.

"Pick a game," he replied impatiently.

"You choose," I said with a shrug after looking at a number of files,"I don't know what's good."

"You could have said so earlier," replied Jake with a annoyance laced into his tone of voice.

We ended up playing Mario Cart, it wasn't so bad I guess, except for the fact that I only won twice, and Jake kept complaining how he had no competition at all, and that he was bored; as always!

"Jake could you- Oh my god, you got her to play the WII???!!!" Said an astonished Kevin as he walked in on us.

I only stuck out my tongue at him while Jake smirked then replied;

"It was pointless anyway, she lost every game!!" he exaggerated with confidence.

"No way!" I cried out in my defence," you shouldn't brag Jake."

"Two games don't count," He replied with a roll of his eyes.

"Well look on the bright side, at least she isn't completely useless," replied Kevin as he patted my head as if I was a dog.

"Whatever," I replied as I cross my arms and felled backward on to the sofa, causing Jake to smirk again.

"Anyway," said Kevin as he turned towards Jake," Dad said that Joel is coming over to stay for the next few months, he is actually on the way from the airport,"

"Sweet! That's the best news I've heard in ages," Cried out Jake in happiness as he knuckle bump his brother.

"But, wait why didn't dad tell us?" he asked curiously.

"He must have forgotten," Kevin shrugged clueless.

"And he's coming here because...?" Jake asked again.

"He wanted to spend the year in America for a change, you know, to see if he could adjust to the people and the culture here. Dad said maybe he might spend his senior year here if he likes it."

"Awesome," grinned Jake with a cherish cat smile,"  Joel has to sleep with you though, my room's in a mess."

"Wait guys, who's Joel?" I asked curiously and confused after this whole time.

 "He's parents are close friends of your dad and I, but you've never met them as they live in Australia," answered another voice behind me.

I turned around to see Uncle Mike standing there with a smile.

"Don't worry, you'd like him," said Jake as he slung his arm around my shoulder casually.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, Kevin walked over to open the door.

"Joel! Hahaha, my man, it's so good to see you!" he said as he gave him the "guy hug" as I called it.

Uncle Mike went over to welcome him into this strange American home, while Jake dragged me with him.

I still couldn't see this "Joel" as the two boys and my uncle pretty much towered over me, trust me, it sucked being short.

"Hey Uncle Mike, its good to see you again, thank you so much for letting me stay " said a voice with a thick Australian accent.

"It's a pleasure to have you in my home Joel," said Uncle Mike as he shook hands with the stranger who I couldn't see.

 "And who might you be," said a voice as my cousins and my uncle moved out of the way.

When I saw his face, I'm pretty sure my eyes was the size of golf balls and my heart stopped beating just for a moment as I faced this beautiful creature.

Oh God.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hey wattpadders!!! Hope you liked it, if you're reading this, just take note that I am soo glad that you took time to read my story! Do help promote if you liked it! It'd mean a lot to me! BTW, the picture on the side is how I picture Jake, yes I know! Another Freak Morice!!!! Like I said, I'm not obsessed with them, I just cant help it!!!!

Let me know what you think, Comments and votes are highly appreciated!

Thank you!

<3 Lizzy!

PS; I don't mind criticism!!!!

Continue Reading