His Lost Mate

By SweetestHeart

Two years ago, Leon Wolfe claimed Coral Jones to be his in a night of pure pleasure in a hotel room in Paris... More

His Lost Mate
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten

Chapter Five

15.4K 432 13
By SweetestHeart

Okay, so it's getting kinda weird now (not in a bad way), but don't hate Leon, okay? :P you'll see why!! Hope you enjoy!

-SweetestHeart-

Vote. Comment. Fan

20 votes and 7 comments, please? :]

Chapter Five

                No one knew that I’d walked out, apart from Leon and Adam, but everyone did know who I was by the time everyone had food and a fair amount of drinks. So many people were coming up to me and greeting me, telling me they were so happy that I was here, and I was so confused; So confused, in fact, that I found myself locked in the bathroom, sat on the toilet lid. I was, I admit, slightly drunk, and maybe feeling a little nauseated, but I was able to control myself well in front of all the people. Since Leon had been with me pretty much the whole time, a part from when he went to get a drink and I slipped away to the bathroom, he had tried to convince me that I should start drinking water and stop with the whole alcohol- he was acting like a worried mother, but male. Yes, incredibly male.

                I think the drink had infected my thoughts as I sat alone in the bathroom, trying to clear my head of everyone wanting to know me. All I could think about was Leon and that night we spent together and how I seemed to just want to be around him all the time. Isn’t that incredibly unnatural for a mere human being like myself? I felt like I’d known him forever and like I was in love with him, yet I met him one night two years ago and now I’m in his hometown, surrounded by his people and thinking about what I felt for him. I shook my head; it was all impossible. Never could liking someone be so strong that it felt like love. Twenty years old and I was acting like a teenager. Maybe that’s why Leon wanted to stop me drinking because I was underage.

                A loud knock rapped on the other side of the door and echoed through the room. “Coral?”

                It was Leon. Then again, who else would it be? I suppose Allie or Adam might consider coming to look for me, but that was most likely not going to happen. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and then stood. After balancing myself, I half staggered over to the door, unlocked and opened it to see him standing a foot away, looking down at me. “Yes?”

                “Are you alright?” he questioned, seemingly concerned with my behavior of locking myself in the bathroom, “Allie told me she hadn’t seen you leave when I left to get a drink for us both.”

                “I’m fine,” I answered, “I’m a grown woman now, I can take care of myself.”

                “Yet, I see you’re not good at handling your drink,” he replied, “you’ve had a fair few cocktails this evening. I understand that you’re feeling overwhelmed, but drinking isn’t the way to go.”

                I rolled my eyes and proceeded to shut the door in his face, but his strong hand pushed the door back in my direction and I almost flew onto the floor. Leon walked in and shut the door, locking it straight behind him. I glared, “what do you want?”

                “Coral, what’s made you so angry?” he asked, looking slightly heartbroken.

                “Leon, I-I… you turn up here,” I started, “and, confess your love for me and then suddenly I’m swamped with greetings from people I don’t know, like they expect me to stay here.”

                “You won’t stay?” he seemed to stumble backwards from my words.

                “Are you not listening?” I shouted and took a deep breath to control myself, “Leon, I just wish you’d explain everything. When I met Adam, he asked me how I knew you and I was so confused how he knew who I was. I get that Coral isn’t a popular name, but he wouldn’t know it was me by just stating my name. And, then he brings me back here and I’m not told anything about you, except that I’d be here for a few days and that I was invited to attend a party. And, then you show up. Yes, Leon, I am leaving. I have to go home, my parents are divorced and my sister is in pieces because she doesn’t want to live with mom anymore. I’m now out of money, trying to get back home; I can’t stay anywhere long, Leon, for her sake.”

                “But, not for yours,” he retorted, “what do you expect to do when you see her? You say that she is in pieces because of your mom, but what can you do? You’re twenty years old, you’re an adult now.”

                “She needs me there,” I reasoned, “and, when she finishes high school and goes to college, I’ll move out and get my own place.”

                He sighed heavily and turned away from me. “Coral, you don’t understand. I can’t let you go, not after all these years of searching for you.”

                “Like a mad stalker!” I clenched my fists in anger, “you could’ve moved on, found someone else, but you chose to stalk me. And, you get all your friends to help out like some mad man. God, I should get the police involved or something. What’s next? Are you going to-?”

                He turned around in a fury and breathed heavily, “-lock you up? No! Coral, I love you. I told you this outside and you came back to this party.”

                “Leon, my only way home is Adam,” I informed him, “how the hell else am I going to get out of this town, huh? This place is like in the middle of nowhere; there’s probably no buses or anything.”

                “You’re not leaving, Coral,” he inputted sharply, “I won’t let you.”

                “I’m not your prisoner,” I spat and turned away from him, “you can’t keep me here; only monsters keep people locked away.”

                “Then, you’ll discover that I’m that monster,” he responded. My heart skipped a beat and my breath caught in my throat as one of his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me tight to his sexy body, “Coral, you can do as you wish, but you can’t leave. I feel like I’ve being playing cat and mouse all around the world and, finally, I have you where I want. And, if you leave, I’ll find you again and bring you back to me.” It was like a completely different Leon to the concerned one. He let go of my waist reluctantly and moved towards the door. “I may regret it, but, if it is more comfortable for you, you may keep living with Adam and Allie.”

                “You can’t keep me here,” I whispered.

                “I won’t keep anything from you, Coral,” he informed me, “you can use the phone to contact who you want, but, I promise you, the police will not do anything. When I show you everything, you will understand.”

                I heard the lock click and the door open with a small click. I turned to face him, “Leon.” He stood still, for a second, before turning to face me. For a moment, the courage I’d built up dwindled, but I managed to regain it. “I don’t love you; I thought you should know. In fact, I’ll hate you forever if you do this.”

                He stared at me for a moment with many emotions passing through his features before he closed his eyes and breathed heavily through his nostrils. He opened them again, “I figured you say that, but I can’t let you go again. Do come and join the party when you’re ready.”

                And, then he left, leaving me feeling like I wanted to throw a massive tantrum and break everything. But, he couldn’t keep me there against my will. That was illegal, right? If only I had the guts to run away, however there was something that was keeping me from doing so. I guessed it was to do with Leon, or maybe it was my friendship with Allie, or it could be the kindness that people had treated me with whilst I was there. I decided to join the party and get as drunk as possible until I passed out, curled up on a small chair in the garden.

________

                The small chair may have been super uncomfortable when I’d passed out, but the bed I woke up in wasn’t. In fact, it was quite the opposite and it smelt of pine, freshly cut grass and, for some reason, some form of men’s cologne. I smiled into the pillow and snuggled deeper until my brain overcame my sense and shot up in the warm room, receiving a nauseated feeling that I tried to ignore. Just like the smell, the room was very masculine, covered in football and music posters. There was a random picture of a wolf howling at the moon too, along with what-looked-like a signed baseball bat in a glass case. It looked like it belonged to a teenage boy, so that was my first guess, but I hadn’t met any teenage boys, so it couldn’t have been. It was rather tidy too with a few clothes thrown over a chair next to a desk, and pictures in photo frames neatly placed in different parts of the room. I think the messiest area was where his TV was with a DVD’s thrown over the floor and one wide open. From what I could see, dark blue was this person’s favorite color- it definitely needed a woman’s touch. I looked to my right and saw a glass of water along with two paracetamols, and a note.

                I read the note first.

                For your head,

                                                Leon x

                Then it clicked that I was in Leon’s room and he’d left me the water and drugs. I took the medicine, drank the water and got out of bed. As much as I felt like I was going to throw up, I didn’t want to stay in Leon’s bed any longer after what had happened the night before. Instead of being in my dress, I was in a hoody that reached my knees. Thankfully, as I checked, I still wore my panties from the night before, but I couldn’t help feeling annoyed at the fact that Leon had most likely undressed me. I huffed out an angry breath and stormed open the door. However, when I tried to open it, I discovered it was locked and growled in annoyance. I pouted and thought about what I could do to get it open, so I went with my brain and shouted, “Leon! You better open this door now or I’m going to be so angry with you!”

                I thought that it didn’t work at first, but soon I heard the sound of footsteps coming up, what I presumed, the stairs and I stepped back. I was expecting the door to slam open and for Leon to give me an angry look, but, instead, the door was unlocked from the other side and Leon walked calmly in the room. He looked at me, then around the room and then back at me. “I’m surprised you didn’t destroy this room!”

                “You locked me in this room!” I cried and took a deep breath to calm myself down, “and, who is the hell undressed me.”

                “As much as I would’ve loved to see your body again,” his eyes twinkled with humor and desire at saying that, “Allie undressed you. I locked you in here because I didn’t want you running off or screaming the house down. Any was an option.”

                “And, the option where I wouldn’t do anything isn’t included?” I questioned with a loud huff, then turned away from him to go back to the bed, “I suppose I’ll expect to be kept in here then, until you feel it right to let me roam free.”

                “You’re mistaken, Coral,” he replied, “you’re free to go anywhere, but, like I said yesterday, you won’t get so far if you try to go passed the towns borders.”

                “And, like the beast and the beauty,” I answered, mostly to myself, “I am to go anywhere I wish other than out of town.”

                There was silence from behind me and, at first, I’d thought he had left the room quietly, but, then he chuckled humorlessly, “the beauty falls in love with the beast in the end; let’s just hope you don’t realize it on my last dying breath.”

                And, with that, he was gone. A stray tear fell from my eye and rolled down my cheek, dripping onto the carpet below. But, I didn’t want to cry for him. Damn, Leon for making my emotions go all over the place. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. The door opened suddenly and I turned around to see a young girl walk in.

                “Hi,” she smiled, holding garments in her arms, “my aunt told me to bring some clothes up for you. I’m Elena, by the way.”

                “Oh, I’m Coral,” I told her and removed the clothes from her arms, “thanks, I need them.”

                She grinned. “Oh, I know who you are. We were all talking about you last night at my house and discussing how pretty you’d be. My best friend is in love with Leon, which is really gross, and all my friends were trying to figure it out. Everyone agreed that you’ll be the most beautifulest girl in town and we were right, you are.”

                I blushed. “Thanks.”

                I guessed she was around twelve years old, in the ‘gossip’ stage of life and most likely always talking about boys with her friends. “Leon is very lucky to have a girl like you; in all my life, I’ve never known him to ever have a girlfriend and here you are.”

                “Elena!” her name was called from somewhere downstairs.

                “My mom,” she rolled her eyes, “I’ll see you soon.”

                Then, she was gone. I expected her to have some sort of key and lock me in the room, but there was no sound of the lock. I took a shower in Leon’s en-suite and got changed into clothes, which were in fact mine, before I routed around in Leon’s draws for some sort of comb. After finding one, I sorted out my hair and sat on the edge of the bed, contemplating whether to go downstairs. If I went downstairs, I’d have to face Leon again and probably a bunch of other people, by the sound of it. And, even if I was hungry, my head was still hurting.

                “You’ll have to face him sooner or later,” I murmured to myself and went over to the door, “you can do this, Coral.” After a deep breath, I opened the door and stepped out into the corridor. “He’ll let you go at some point.”

_____________________________

A/N: So, what do you think of Leon now? I hope you don't hate him, I still love him haha. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 7.8K 18
When a male werewolf turns eighteen he can choose a mate. Mostly they choose she-wolves, but sometimes they choose a human. Six years later Brooklyn...
33 1 8
30 year old Alpha Logan Carter has been in search of his mate for years, almost giving up on ever finding her. He hates the thought of settling and p...
34 2 11
After leaving her home for the first time, Elsie learns that there is a whole world outside the farm she was raised and has never left, like her mate...
6.8K 338 24
Alpha werewolf, Aaron Thomas, rejects his Omega mate, Kingston Martin, on his mates birthday not because pack prejudice but because he's in love with...