The Dangers of Falling (in Lo...

By Sourwolf_sterek32

Stiles lives on his family's cattle farm, 60km away from the small country town called Beacon Hills, with his... More

Chapter 1-
Chapter 2-
Chapter 3
Chapter 4-
Chapter 5-
Chapter 6-
Chapter 7-
Chapter 8-
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11-
Chapter 12-
Chapter 13-
Chapter 14-
Chapter 15-
Chapter 16-
Chapter 17-
Chapter 18-
Chapter 19-
Chapter 20-
Chapter 21-
Chapter 23-
Chapter 24-
Chapter 25-
Chapter 26-
Chapter 27-
Chapter 28-
Chaptet 29-
Chapter 30-
Chapter 31-
Chapter 32-
Chapter 33-
Chapter 34
Chapter 35-
Chapter 36-
Chapter 37-
Chapter 38-
Chapter 39-
Chapter 40-
Chapter 41
Chapter 42-
Chapter 43-
Chapter 44-
Chapter 45-
Chapter 46
Chapter 47-
Chapter 48-
Chapter 49-
Chapter 50-

Chapter 22-

3.5K 172 10
By Sourwolf_sterek32

*the next day*

"Wait wait wait are you guys like a thing? Like together?" Scott asks as Derek and Stiles walk over very close together.

"Yes we are." Stiles replies and Derek puts his arm over Stiles' shoulders as they walk towards the cottage, where the others are sitting waiting for breakfast.

"Finally!" Parrish says with a huge grin. "You guys have basically been drooling over each other for the past few months without knowing it."

"He's not wrong, I'm happy for you guys." Boyd responds with a smile as they take a seat. Derek was still worried about letting Stiles too close to him but the sheriff is right. They both like each other and deserve to be happy.

"What's on the agenda today Stilinski?" Parrish asks as his flips the pancakes on the barbecue.

"Dad says it's gonna rain a shit load this coming winter so I guess start preparing for the winter. Make sure everything is water proof, everything all tied down and secure in case of strong winter winds. Stuff like that because from the end of the week the weather is slowly gonna get colder and wetter." Stiles informs and Scott sighs.

"Thank God because I am getting sick of having to clean all the dust off my ute." Scott responds and Stiles rolls his eyes.

"Well you shouldn't have bought a bright red Toyota and you wouldn't have that problem!" Stiles teases and Derek leans back in his chair with a slight grin watching his boyfriend, knowing this won't end well... boyfriend... he likes the sound of that.

"Wait Stiles, you really can't be paying anyone out about their vehicle, have you seen yours? It's like a time bomb on wheels." Parrish adds in causing Scott to crack up laughing.

"Hey leave my baby out of this, she is a wonderful vehicle." Stiles says defensively and Derek rolls his eyes unable to hide his smile.

"By wonderful you mean basically held together by duck tap and not reliable at all?" Boyd asks.

"Hey! You can't talk, your Toyota pickup is older than my damn Jeep so I wouldn't say anything if I was you." Stiles responds and Derek nods.

"He's got you there Boyd." Derek says glancing at Stiles before Scott speaks.

"You don't own a car and have to drive the farm ute everywhere, you have no chance in this argument Derek." Scott says and Derek raises his eyebrows causing Stiles to laugh.

"Sorry Derek I can't even back you up with that argument." Stiles says with a smile and Derek rolls his eyes acting annoyed but he secretly loves this. Having the guys together talking and arguing over pointless stuff, having Stiles next to him laughing and smiling it just all seems too good to be true. He has a roof over his head, people around him who actually care about him, even though it has taken him nearly six months to realise it and now he has Stiles.

-

The next couple months go by in a flash, Derek and Stiles have gotten even closer and the farm is continuing as per normal. Maybe slightly better off after the Sheriff sold the last patch of pigs they had bred which racked up a bit off cash. The guys still go to the bar every Friday night and Derek feels bad knowing the reason Stiles doesn't go with them is because he doesn't go.

They are both currently lying on the couch together playing Crash Bandicoot. Stiles' lying with his head on Derek's lap as he tries and fails to pass the level they have been stuck on for hours.

"It's getting late I should go, we have to get up early tomorrow to unload hay bales." Derek says watching the screen as Stiles uses his last life up on the game and he groans in annoyance turning the PlayStation off.

"Wait you don't have to go." Stiles says sitting himself up next to Derek. "Dads working the night shift. Stay here the night, if you want to."

"Stiles are you sure that's a good idea? If your Dad catches me in your bed he won't hesitate to shoot me." Derek responds and Stiles rolls his eyes with a shake of his head.

"He never checks my room when he comes home from night shift he won't even know. Trust me we'll be fine." Stiles reassures grabbing Derek's hand who doesn't even bother arguing as Stiles pulls him down the hallway.

Within seconds of walking into Stiles' room they were on the bed making out. Derek on the bottom with Stiles above him kissing him tenderly while Derek's fingers entangled in Stiles' hair. It was just perfect.!

Slowly Derek could feel Stiles' fingers slide from his face down to his shirt. Button slowly after button coming undone and suddenly images of Kate flash through his mind. Her long skinny fingers running down his stomach followed by her tongue. "Don't be a baby Derek this is what adults do." She would say whenever he told her to stop or that he didn't want to do it.

"Derek?" Stiles voice asks interrupting Derek's rather uncomfortable trip down memory lane. "You alright?" Stiles asks his voice soft with a hint a worry as he stops undoing the buttons on Derek's flannel. He looks up at him his eyes shining from the moon light coming through the window.

"Yeah." Derek responds shaking his head to get rid of the images of Kate and Stiles gives him a doubtful look.

"Your whole body just tensed up, are you sure?" Stiles asks carefully taking his hands off the buttons on his shirt.

"I'm sure." Derek responds grabbing Stiles and rolling them over so he was now on the top and Stiles' concerned look turns into a smile as they continue kissing.

Somehow Stiles has managed to take Derek's flannel and tank top off in the time it took Derek to just unbutton the boys flannel. They roll over again now with Derek lying on his bare back as Stiles places kisses down his neck. Creating a trail down to his chest and that's when the memories come flooding in again. Kate. Kate. Kate. Kate. Was all he could think off, the way she pressured him into doing stuff, threatening to tell people lies if he wouldn't do it. He closes his eyes trying to focus on Stiles. It's Stiles, he's not Kate, it's Stiles.

"Stop." Derek gasps suddenly unable to handle it any longer as he fights for breath. Stiles quickly stops what he was doing climbing off Derek immediately knowing something was wrong by the tone of his voice.

Derek moves to the side of the bed sitting himself up as he closes his eyes to try calm himself. Kate isn't here, this is Stiles not Kate, Derek thinks as he takes a deep breaths.

After a couple minutes Derek gets his breath back as Stiles breaks the silence. "I'm guessing it wasn't just a bad breakup with your ex Kate that traumatised you?" Stiles asks softly as he sits himself up watching Derek carefully who just nods and Stiles sighs. He isn't stupid. He quickly put the pieces together and figured out what's going on, he is the Sheriffs son after all. But with Derek's constant nightmares where he is telling Kate to stop, the way Derek reacted when Jackson's girlfriend sexually assaulted him and how when the guys start talking about sex Derek stays out of the conversation more than his usual lack of talking anyway. Stiles isn't stupid but he's annoyed it took him until now to put all the pieces together.

"I am so sorry, I should have asked you if all of this is okay." Stiles says in realisation and Derek shakes his head staring at the ground in front of him but Stiles could see wetness in his eyes.

"You didn't know. I didn't tell you. It's my fault." Derek says softly and Stiles notices his knuckles turning white from gripping the edge of the bed. He doesn't know what to do, he wants to wrap Derek up in his arms and tell him everything is okay. But he knew better than to touch Derek right now not after what just happened which Stiles is almost positive was flashbacks to whatever Kate did to him.

"Are you okay? Wait that's was a stupid question, I'm sorry, you obviously aren't okay. I really need to think before I say things out loud." Stiles quickly says without a breath and Derek smiles softly causing Stiles to smile too. "I would never push you into doing anything you don't want to do or would feel uncomfortable doing, alright? I need you to know that."

"I know and it's not you, it's.." Derek says loosing his words shaking his head. "After Paige I was a mess, then Kate began getting closer to me. Fuck. I thought she loved me but she didn't, she just wanted to use me. I was only 16, 17 and she was 27." Derek begins to explain and Stiles could see the way his fingers were trembling as he relives the memories.

"You don't have to tell me." Stiles says but Derek shakes his head.

"She would make me do stuff with her. But she would twist her words making it sound like she was giving me the choice but I knew there was no choice other than agreeing with her. She made it sound so normal and that every couple does this sort of stuff, whether they like it or not because a relationship without all that stuff and sex would fail. But the things she did to me... the things she made me do, I can't even think about sex now without feeling nauseous." Derek says putting his head in his hands. "I'm sorry Stiles I know I should have told you this earlier, I understand if you want me to leave." Derek adds and Stiles states at him in shock not expecting the last comment. Does Derek really think he wants him to leave because of this? What on Earth did Kate do to him? Stiles can probably guess the things she made him do but he doesn't want to think about it.

"You have absolutely nothing to be sorry for and no way in hell would I ever want you to leave especially not because of this. This isn't your fault and there's more to relationships than just sex. There's passion, love, trust, respect, caring, loyalty, support, communication- I could keep going if you want. The point is those other qualities are what will carry relationships through time, not sex." Stiles replies and Derek actually turns around to face him making sure he heard the boy correctly.

"You believe that?" Derek asks with a glimpse of hope in his voice and Stiles nods moving over so he was now sitting next to Derek and he places his hand on the older mans thigh.

"Derek, I think I'm in love with you." Stiles admits softly. "So you are stuck with me for a long long long time. That long you will be trying to plot my death because you will get sick of me." Stiles says and Derek shakes his head.

"If I was gonna get sick of you I would have already, especially after the long hours we've spent in the car together driving into Beacon Hills." Derek says and Stiles chuckles with a nod before they go silent and Derek puts his hand on top of Stiles', "I would say I love you too but that isn't strong enough. I trust you Stiles, I have trusted you since I first got here and that honestly scares the hell out of me. I trust you and for me that is stronger than saying 'I love you'." Derek says and Stiles smiles as Derek gives him a kiss. "But I do love you, in case that wasn't clear." Derek adds and Stiles sighs with relief as he entangles his fingers around Derek's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 795 42
Stiles. The human of the group. Sometimes a target. Okay, a target a lot of the time. And in this story, this is no different. What starts off as som...
251K 5.5K 27
Stiles knows, he knows what they think of him, what they say behind his back, he knows that they don't need him. The pack don't mean to, they just d...
320K 11.9K 28
Forgive me this is my first book This is an au after season 2: The alpha pack does not exist, Jackson not leaving, Erica and Boyd alive and Peter is...
175K 4.8K 28
Stiles is married to the love of his life. Or that's what he thought. Not only one week after their wedding Stiles husband starts to beat him up for...