Under The Spotlight || UNEDIT...

By arandomhello

William Everest is just a regular seventeen year old who happens to be the biggest heartthrob worldwide. Grow... More

I N F O R M A T I O N
0 1
0 2
0 3
0 4
0 5
0 6
0 7
0 8
0 9
1 0
1 2
1 3
1 4
1 5
1 6
1 7
1 8
1 9
2 0
2 1
2 2
2 3
2 4
2 5
2 6
2 7
2 8
2 9
3 0
3 1
Covers made by you guys :)

1 1

17.8K 387 112
By arandomhello

|Cassie|

It took probably around five minutes to tell Dad the entire story and explain to him I had no idea that "Kevin" was actually William Everest in the first place. Then I proceed to explain to both Dad and Clarke that I didn't think anything of it until now, now that I'm apparently William's mystery girl. Which for one kind of warms my heart a tiny bit but then again is terrifying in a strange way.

"I never thought you'd get a boyfriend before me, let alone William Everest!" Clarke screamed and Dad sent her a few glares. Shutting her right up.

"First of all," I said while facing Clarke, "I'm not dating nobody let alone plan too."

Clarke's smile dropped.

"Second I never wanted to meet William Everest in the first place. I originally though I actually met a nice guy who happens to also have the reading interests as myself."

I would've continued until my phone began vibrating on the counter rapidly. Clarke shot me looks as I made my way and bringing up the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello miss, is this Cassie Gray on the phone?" It was a male voice on the other side of the line. I didn't know this person let alone how they got my number, but they sure new me and found a way.

"Yes and who is this I may ask?" I say, returning the question.

"This is Tyson Everest. Father of William Everest in case you're wondering." He spoke so businessmen like, sending shivers up my spine.

"Look i'm sorry that I brought William in the spotlight, it wasn't my intention." I say so smoothly, but if this Tyson could see me in person, I'm sweating nervously and feel like throwing up.

"Actually that's why I called you." Well that single line took me by complete surprise. "You see it's hard to gain publicity nowadays especially with all the hate and rough celebrities. You see William hasn't been on a big news show that wasn't signed on to talk about him, so you must know that this whole event has taken all of us by surprise. Well I and William's managers and producers thought this publicity would be good for William and the television show and we were hoping if we could have you come join us up in New York for the Yearly Awards as William's new girlfriend."

"I'm sorry? Did you say girlfriend?"

Dad's and Clarke's eyes widened with their jaws almost hitting the floor.

"Yes Miss. Gray. We want to fly you out to New York for the Yearly Awards as William's girlfriend. It will bring great publicity and more views if we presented his so called 'mystery girl' as his new love interest. We constructed up an entire story on how you guys became a thing to strike hope to the young fans that William is open to date his fans and after, let's say three months, you'll end things in front of everyone. The after that you'll act like nothing happened and you'll never have to see William Everest or yourself in the news every again. Or you ever had dreams of becoming somebody in this world of ours, you can make that happen too."

"So what are you offering me in return for me pretending to be his girlfriend for the next three months." I almost choked on my own words.

"Well Miss. Gray i'm glad you ask. In return for your sacrifice we shall provide you with free traveling that's also applies to your father and sister, excellent dining areas, a brand new wardrobe, and to top it off we'll also throw in thirty-thousand dollars for you and your family."

I almost dropped my phone at these news. With that much money Dad would never have to work late shifts ever again. We could afford another car so we wouldn't have to share anymore. I could actually get a brand new bookcase that can actually hold all my books.

"So what do you say?" He asked a couple seconds later.

Free traveling, expensive food, new clothes instead of stuff I bought off ebay, and thirty-thousand dollars all for fake dating William Everest for a total of three months. I'll be back just in time for Dad's birthday and we could finally take that trip to Australia he's always wanted to do.

"I'll do it."

"Glad to hear it, please text your address to this number and we'll have an Uber arrive at your house for about an hour. Please pack only a duffle bag full of stuff since it's easier to travel with. When you arrive to the airport our manager Katrina should help you get checked in and everything else that you need. After that you'll get on the next open flight to New York where you'll catch a taxi taking you to our hotel in New York City where we'll finalize the contract."

"Okay thank you."

"Can't wait to meet you in person." The line went dead.

When I hung up the phone I explained everything to Dad and Clarke.

"I wish we were identical because i'd so switch places with you right now."

Clarke hugged me, "now come on you gotta go pack!"

Clarke sprinted into her room coming out with a bright duffle bag that she bought before we decided not to do that cheerleading thing.

I packed what I thought I need within the hour before walking back into the room where Dad was sitting on the couch. Holding a small photograph in his hands.

I looked out the window and saw my Uber was already waiting for me. I turned to Clarke first. The once excited girl who wished she could trade me places was crying. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her in.

"No dating, text me every night, email me my homework, and most importantly take care of Cress while I'm gone." I whispered.

"Well Cress loves me more so that shouldn't be too hard." She joked. I chuckled slightly before pulling away. Turning to my father.

"Don't do anything stupid kid." He chuckled. Holding back tears. He's never let Clarke and I see him cry every since the divorce and he for sure wasn't going to start now. "Keep up with your schoolwork and most importantly have fun, but not too much fun you hear me?"

I nodded before hugging him tightly. "I'm going to miss you Dad." I mumbled because I was already on the verge of tears.

"Me too kid. See you in February." He smiled to himself.

Cress came up to me and went through my legs. I chuckled before picking her up. "I'm going to miss you the most." I kissed her forehead before picking up my duffle bag and heading to the door.

"One more thing." Dad called. He handed me the photograph he was holding just moment before. It was a picture of all three of us at Christmas. "Just so you could have a piece of us at Christmas."

"Thanks Dad." I give him a smile before opening the door and towards my Uber who was waiting for me.

◻◼◻◼◻◼◻

I got checked in with the help with Katrina who actually will be flying on another flight tomorrow morning. Gone through the security and found my gate before three. At four they began loading up the plane for the five hour flight ahead of us.

I guess I should point out that this is the first time i've ever been on an airplane and now here I am, flying across the country alone.

I found my seat which happens to be first class and i've never been so excited. I don't know how they pulled this off last minute, but I am definitely not complaining. I opened up the small window besides me and looked at the tarmac below me.

"Good afternoon everyone, this is your captain speaking and I also happen to be driving this steel thing for the next five hours to the JfK airport in Queens, New York. Please buckled your seatbelt, keep those lap trays up, and listen to the flight attendants as they demonstrate the safety precautions. In about ten minutes we should be clear for take off. Have a nice trip and enjoy your flight."

I pulled my book out of my carryon and turned to the first page. This was five hours of peace and quiet. Perfect time to finish another book.

◻◼◻◼◻◼◻

I woke up when the plane was having a rough landing. I jerked myself to consciousness. Wiping the drool off my face making me extremely grateful that nobody saw me else i'd be in extreme personal embarrassment.

I made my way off the airplane, grabbed my bag from baggage return, and found someone holding up a sign with my name on it. We took a forty-five minute drive to my hotel. The front desk gave me my key. I made my way up to my room, and when I walked in I almost fainted.

This room was bigger than my bedroom at home. There was floor to ceiling windows along the wall with a large queen sized bed in front of it. I threw my bag onto the white sheets of the bed and stared at the streets below me.

Before I could take it all in, there was a knock at my door. When I opened the door I was not expecting to see a small blonde and bright blue eyes with their hair pulled back tightly wearing a pantsuit to greet me.

"Hello I'm Angie Harrison, Williams Everest manger, and here's," she handed me a packet of paper, "a copy of the contract. I suggest you reread it and memorize it by tomorrow morning before meeting with Tyson Everest."

"Thank you," I smiled kindly.

"Oh and welcome to New York." She nodded before walking away.

I scanned the paper over once and realized that this is going to be a long night. Just hoping the jet lag doesn't kick in anytime soon.

Boy was I wrong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 245 46
(COMPLETED) Cassie Logan had everything, she had the looks the grades and even the boy she thought was the one in high school. Everything changed whe...
493 47 17
Cassie Russell is a girl with a messed up life that feels like she is a modern-day Cinderella funny right but not for Cassie because everything about...
1.9M 60.6K 28
You know when you have a ridiculous crush on somebody super famous because you were just a kid, but you knew it would never happen? Well, with Macey...
9.6K 575 28
The third installment of the All But Mates Series and a crossover from the Wait For It Series. We follow Xander and Veronica's son Everest, who's mat...