College Life |Zayn Malik| [Un...

By DontCallMeMaybe

Amanda was always one of those kinds of people who actually looked forward to college, literally counting dow... More

Meeting Zayn
The Campus
Visitors
Boring Classes
Cuddling with a Curly Haired Boy
Not Jealous
"You have ice cream on your lip."
In Denial
Vampires Are Scary
Secret Girlfriends
Laser Tag
Dorito?
A Dog Peed On Me
Sleep Talking
Wasted
Questions
Hangover
Thanks, Niall.
Family Reunion
Haunted Hospitals
No London

Shopping with a Friend

13.1K 238 9
By DontCallMeMaybe

To all the people who have fanned me or voted for this story, I love youuu!

*Insert virtual hug here*

Enjoy (:

~~~

Chapter 3- Shopping with a Friend

“Um Zayn, are you busy today?” I asked awkwardly, sitting on bed. I was hoping he wouldn’t get the wrong impression and think I was asking him on a date, because I wasn't. 

“Nope, why?” he asked tapping on his phone, showing no interest.

“Well I’m going furniture shopping and I was wondering if you… wanted to like, come with me since it’s your dorm too.” I stumbled over my words self-consciously. He looked up at me then back at his phone.

“Sure, when are we going?”

“Uh, after I straighten my hair… if that’s okay with you.” I said still clearly sounding uncomfortable despite my efforts to act cool. It’s not that I was scared or shy around Zayn, it’s just that I’ve never really talked to him outside of our dorm. Besides, I’ve only known him for 2 days so who wouldn’t be a bit nervous?

“Why are you talking like you’re afraid of me? Of course it’s okay” he laughed and locked his phone, staring directly at me.

“Well I don’t want to appear too forward, I guess”

“Ahh don’t worry. I love confident girls, be yourself” he smiledm causing my cheeks to burn red.

“Okay, but you can’t hate me if I start to annoy you because you’re the one who told me to be myself” I smirked and grabbed my flat iron.

“Don’t worry, I have no right to judge,” he laughed lightly as I walked into our bathroom and did my hair. It was curly from when I took a shower this morning. When it was finally straight, I walked back into the room to see Zayn, back on his phone tapping. God, I wonder what he types that’s so long. Twitter, I guess?

“Ready to go?” I said walking over and sitting on my bed, grabbing my purse.

“Yeah” he said. He put his phone to the side and pulled out Supras. He slipped on his shoes, as did I, and put his wallet in his pocket. For protection against fans noticing him, he put on super dark tinted sunglasses. He couldn’t wear a hoodie because it’s still summer, almost fall, but it’s still too hot.  Yeah, he was probably going to get mobbed. When we walked out the doors, for some reason I became insecure, I started to question myself with things like, “Is my outfit okay?”

I tried to brush it off but I don’t know. I guess hanging around Zayn just provoked unnatural behavior.

“Are we taking my car or...?” I asked not completing my sentence.

“We can take mine if you don’t want to drive, it doesn’t matter. Just know we’ll probably get recognized” he laughed at the last part causing me to laugh too.

“My car it is then.” We hopped into my BMW and I drove to our first stop, Urban Outfitters. By time we left, Zayn had already bought 3 mirrors. No wonder why they call him vain. We got a cool rug, clocks, a funny welcome mat, kitchen stuff, a couch, a cool shower curtain and a table. What I bought for myself was tons of storage. I mean, I’ve got a lot of stuff. It was fun arguing over who was gonna pay. I insisted that I would, but Zayn wanted to as well. We ended up splitting it. People recognized Zayn, but for the most part they just took a lot of pictures of us walking around. Only about 5 people actually walked up to him.

“So just making this clear, I’m buying the TV” Zayn said as we walked around Best Buy.

“Noooo, I’m buying it.” I smiled.

“No, I am.” he said.

“No me,” I said.

“Me,” he said.

“I’m getting the TV.” I said.

“No you’re not.” he said.

“Shut up.” I said.

“Not unless you let me buy it” He said.

“I’m not gonna let you buy it” I said.

We went back in fourth like that for a while until I spotted the perfect TV.

“How about that one?” I pointed to the biggest one on the wall, it was huge.

“Do you not think it’s a bit too big?” he laughed.

“No, not at all. We’ll make it fit”

“…That’s what she said” he started laughing.

“You’re not funny” I said giggling.

“Then why are you laughing?” he poked me.

“Because you’re weird” I poked him back, “Now let’s find someone who works here” I said when suddenly a lady came out of no where.

“Need help with anything?” she asked perkily.

“Yeah. We wanna buy that TV.” I pointed to it.

“Oh, okay. Sure” she said focusing on Zayn’s face, ignoring me “I’m sorry, but aren't you Zayn Malik?” I rolled my eyes.

“Yes?”

“Whoa. Oh my god I love One Direction” the lady said causing me raise an eyebrow. How old is this woman?

“Oh, thanks." he smiled "So could we buy the TV now?”

“Yeah, sure. Hey, can I get your autograph?” she asked paying no attention to the question.

“After we buy the TV?” he asked still trying to be polite and she groaned.

“Fine” she walked over to a counter and we followed her.

“Why are you buying a TV anyway? Is this your girlfriend or something?” she asked rudely.

“No, she’s my friend. We have to go so could you please hurry.” Liar, liar, pants on fire! We aren't in a rush.  

“It depends. Can I get your number?” she asked. Like, I honestly believe she was a psychopath.

“Let’s go we’re getting help from someone else.” Zayn said so suddenly, walking away. It was so strange how calm he could be, but I guess it was normal to him being famous and all. Still, being hit on by a woman old enough to be your mother? I would be extremely creeped out.

“That was so weird” I said as we walked out of the store. We found a guy that helped us. He apologized for the lady and shipped it to our college so I didn’t have to drive it there. We got instant delivery so it should be there some time between today and tomorrow. Odd enough, after all that shopping, it’s only 5:46.

“Tell me about it. That lady looked like she was 40 or something. It was creepy as fuck.” he laughed.

“Does that happen to you a lot? Since you’re like, famous?”

“No, I’m used to teenage girls or people my age doing stuff like that, but that was just bizarre.”

“Well she didn’t seem to like me.” I laughed.

“Ahh she was probably jealous because you’re friends with the one and only ‘Zayn Malik’” he paused “Not saying that I’m great anything, I didn’t mean it that way. Just explaining it through her point of view” he said causing me to laugh again.

“I understand. Do you mind if I stop at the mall? My friend is coming to visit me tomorrow and I wanna buy her something.”

“Yeah, no problem, what’s your friends name?”

“Iris… She doesn’t really like One Direction, so please don’t take any of the things she says too personal.”

“It’s fine as long as she doesn’t joke about my hair, 'cause then it’s gonna get personal whether you like it or not.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure she won’t." I giggled.

“You better.” he laughed along with me.

I pulled up to the mall and we walked in. Zayn did get recognized. Though he did get questioning glances, most people shook it off and kept walking.  We went to Pandora where I got her and me matching best friend bracelets. I guess when it comes to gifts I’d spend whatever. I mean my dad is pretty well off, not that we’re super rich, but I can usually buy whatever I want. Eh, that sounds snobby, but I promise I’m not spoiled!  Zayn bought some stuff too. I think he got some stuff from Abercrombie. We finally got back to our dorm and I instantly felt the need to take a nap. Of course I couldn’t though, we still had to decorate the dorm with the stuff we bought.

“Zayn can you like, put the stuff up? I’m really tired.” I sighed.

“But what if you don’t like how I arrange it when you wake up?”

“I’m not picky. I’m sure you’ll make it look fabulous anyway.” I laughed drowsily.

“Are you sure?” he chuckled.

“Yes. Please, I’m going to pass out” I said, my eyelids starting to feel like they weighed tons.

“Babe fine, take a nap” he smiled sweetly and I fell onto my bed, shutting my eyes.

“Thank you” I immediately fell asleep. Hey now, did he seriously just call me "babe"? ...Must be a British thing.

~

“Mom?” I shouted at my mother across the street but she didn’t even look at me.

“Mom” I ran up to her but she didn’t even react, almost like she couldn't hear me. Almost like I wasn't even there.

“Hello?” she still didn’t respond. Instead she walked across the street.

“Mom listen to me!” I screamed as she unlocked her car from her key button, slowly approaching where she was parked. 

“MOM!” I screamed one last time before it happened. A speeding car slammed right into her.

~

I sat up with Zayn sitting on my bed beside me. “Hey, are you okay?” he asked with a concerned look on his face. Oh god, why are these dreams coming back. I used to have weird dreams like this before she died. Okay yes, I believe in ghosts and the afterlife. Call me a nut, I don't care. I always thought it was her trying to communicate with me or something, but I don't understand why'd she'd torment me with horrible memories.

“Um... yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?” I mumbled.

“You were mumbling the word 'Mom' over and over again… and you kept turning.” he scratched the back of his head.

“Oh, it was nothing” I smiled weakly. The dream was about my mom dying. She was killed while crossing a street to get to her car. I remember I cried so hard that night. Of course I wasn’t there when it happened, but when I got the news I was so hurt. I’m over it though. At least I’ve convinced myself I am. 

“It didn’t sound like ‘nothing’” he said then instantly regretting his words “Sorry”

“No, no. It’s okay. What time is it?” I asked squinting to look at the clocks on the wall “Oh! You finished decorating” I grinned.

“Yeah, I did a pretty awesome job didn’t I?” he laughed.

“Ha! Yes, the awesome-est!” I laughed looking around the room. It was actually nice “Told you it’d be fine.”

“The dude is coming tomorrow to put the TV in so… yeah.” he smiled and stood.

“Great.”

“Yep. Well I’m going to Starbucks with my friend, would you like to come?”

“Nah, I’ll stay here. Thanks though.” I smiled.

“Okay, see you later” he stood before walking out. I got out of my bed and took a shower. I changed into pajamas and hopped in one of the soft chairs with my laptop. I got on Tumblr and laughed at the posts on my dashboard. That's when I saw a bunch of pictures of me? Well Zayn and I, but still. I ignored them and the very silly rumors I read, and continued srolling down my dashboard. Tumblr burns time quicker than you think. After a few reblogs I checked the time to see it was 10:48.

“I can’t wait to see you tomorrow :)” I texted to my friend Iris and got into bed. I fell asleep before Zayn got back. I couldn’t wait to see my best friend and I couldn’t wait to spend time with my new one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 45 100
Jenny is a freshmen in college ready to experience life on campus. She meets Harry and starts to fall for him. The only problem is Harry has fallen...
7K 237 37
I'm sorry if I say I need ya... Liam and Isabella grew up together but then she moved away. Now she's back and things get complicated when Harry find...
1K 43 12
It’s not a place you go to when you’re bad, but a place you go to when you need help. That’s where Harry was put along with his roommate, Zayn and Pe...
288K 12.7K 33
Zayn Malik finally graduated high school, something he thought he'd never be able to do. But now he's in college with best friend Niall and honestly...