Under The Spotlight || UNEDIT...

By arandomhello

William Everest is just a regular seventeen year old who happens to be the biggest heartthrob worldwide. Grow... More

I N F O R M A T I O N
0 1
0 2
0 3
0 4
0 5
0 6
0 8
0 9
1 0
1 1
1 2
1 3
1 4
1 5
1 6
1 7
1 8
1 9
2 0
2 1
2 2
2 3
2 4
2 5
2 6
2 7
2 8
2 9
3 0
3 1
Covers made by you guys :)

0 7

19.8K 508 188
By arandomhello

|Cassie|

I groaned when I opened my eyes to see the sunlight rays coming through my bedroom window. I grabbed a pillow and slammed it onto my face only to hear a slight meow, that's when I looked over to see Cress staring up at me from the floor. Hurt in her blue eyes.

"I'm sorry." I gave her a smile, but she didn't take it. Instead she walked over to the little feather toy and started playing with it.

I grabbed my phone to check the time and maybe hoping there was another text message from Kevin. There wasn't.

It's been two days since the last time we texted each other. I know that isn't a long time and that he might be a busy person; yet some part of me wished he would send a quick text saying something to brighten my day.

My door flew open and Clarke was staring down at me. Crossing her arms as I looked up at her.

"You going to get ready for school or is that not an option today?" She glared.

Today is the signing for that actor Clarke is obsessed with. Dad said if she wants the car, she had to take me. I was planning on going in the first place, but now I just am not up for the two hours car ride to the venue.

"Well nice to see you too." I mumbled. pulling myself out of bed.

"Good." She smiled, "come here Cress."

The white kitten looked up and trotted towards Clarke. Meowing as she followed her into what I'm guessing was the kitchen for food.

I cupped my hand in the sink. Rinsing off my face with the water before staring up at myself in the mirror. My dark brown hair were tangled up in tiny knots almost. Massive under eye baggage and too top it off, a small breakup of zits were forming just on my cheek.

After minutes of raking through my hair with a brush and covering my face with a slight coat of makeup doing a really good job on the acne breakout spot, I walked back into my room. I pulled over a flowy white top along with a lightweight red jean like jacket. I grabbed my brown boots and pulled them over my black leggings. After pulling my hair up into a bun with a few wisps of hair in my face, I grabbed my school bag and proceeded to head out the front door.

"Good morning Miss. Rodriguez!" Clarke waved towards the crouched down elderly woman by her bushes.

"Hello girls!" She smiled before standing up and walk in towards us. "Someone's in a good mood."

"Yup." Clarke was practically rocking on her heels like a little kid.

"Eso es bueno, wonderful. Good to see you smiling for once in the early mornings." She joked.

I let out a few laughs only to have Clarke jabbed me in the rib with her elbow.

"What's the big event?" She asked Clarke since I obviously wasn't having any of this.

"William Everest, who happens to be the hottest guy in the world according to everyone news and magazine outlets, has a signing and Q&A up at the Brooks Venue." Clarke was squirming in excitement.

"So I'm guessing Ralph won't have he's usual dog walker today?" Ms. Rodriguez turned to me.

"I'm sorry, I'll make sure to bring him a lot of homemade treats tomorrow." I smile slightly.

"I guess you could win his heart over with that." She broke out into a roar of laughter.

"Ralph sure loves his food." I added in between laughs.

"A little too much at time." She than added, causing both of us to laugh some more.

"You know, I'd love to stick around and talk about Ralph's food problem but Rue just told me to go print out our project." Clarke butted in. Shoving her phone into her pocket.

"School comes first, have a good day girls. Adios!" She waved a goodbye towards us before making her way back to her house.

Clarke shoved the key into ignition, turning it over. I waved to Ms. Rodriguez as we backed out into the road.

"By the way you'll drive to the venue after school and I'll drive home." Clarke told me.

"You actually trust me with driving?" I said in disbelief.

"No. But driving four hours is a really long time. And dad said its best if you practice." She smiled.

"Right." I rolled my eyes dramatically, staring back out the window at the few people who still walk to school. I almost felt bad for them as the winter season is coming up quickly, but then I remembered that was Clarke and I last year.

Clarke parked in the back of the school and tossed me the car keys. I swung the lanyard over my neck and followed her into the school towards the library.

Clarke took her seat just a few tables down by the obnoxious athletes cramming around that poor computers. Exchanging last minute ideas with each other before typing it up.

Marcus was one of those people. His black hair shaggy and a little messed up. He wore a tank top with NorthBrooks football team on the front and long baggy basketball shorts. I bet he smelt like a complete trashcan if I dared to catch a whiff.

"You got to be kidding me!" Clarke almost screamed. A few freshman walking by turned their heads but quickly looked away after seeing Clarke's glare.

"What?" I said readjusting myself to look at the screen.

"Rue didn't write a single thing. I'm going to kill her." She grunted through her teeth.

"That's why I decided to do this project by myself." I mumbled.

Clarke looked up at me with a glare before starting to write the remainder of her essay.

"I'm going to go scan the bookshelves." I say just so I could occupy myself with some sort of entertainment.

I found the teen fiction section and started to browse with my eyes. Which were automatically drawn to the books I already own.

"Cassie."

I jumped before looking over to see who the heck was talking to me. I guess I should of expected who it was by the smell alone.

"Marcus."

He chuckled slightly, rubbing the back of his neck. Letting me see his bicep muscles. I was not impressed.

"I saw your sister almost having an emotional breakdown and I couldn't help my curiosity." He smiled weakly. I almost felt bad at his attempt to start a conversation with me.

"She's fine." I said sternly. "Just last minute project idea."

"That's good." He smiled. He turned to look over at his friends. Each and everyone of them were staring at us. I rolled my eyes before he turned back to look at me.

"So my friend is throwing a party tonight and I was wondering if you would like to come?" He got straight to the point.

I looked over at Clarke and saw her giving me the thumbs up. My eyes followed the other football player who approached her and probably asked the same thing.

"Uh," I say taking me by surprise.

"If your busy, you don't have too." He cut in.

"I'll see you there." I smiled. I probably should of thrown in a maybe somewhere in that reply.

He clapped his hands in excitement. "Great. I'll talk to you later."

I watched as he headed towards his friends again. He turned back and looked at me with a smile before continuing whatever he was working on.

I walked back to Clarke who was smiling like crazy.

"We're not going to that party." I quickly whispered.

"Come on Cassie." She begged.

"There's no way dad would let us stay out the entire day." I then proceed to tell her.

"Please." She pouted with her lip.

This is where I hate the fact that she's my sister, let alone my twin, because she knew how to get what she wanted.

"Fine." I groan.

"Yes!" She jumped up an hugged me.

"I'm going to class." I whispered in defeat after the released her grip on me.

◻◼◻◼◻◼◻

I waited for Clarke by our car after school. Reading the book I planned on talking with me for this short road trip and the long line at the signing and photo opportunity, which I just barley found out about.

"You ready to go meet the hottest man alive!' Clarke yelled once she saw me.

"I'd beg to differ." I said with a smile when she got closer. "In fact I think I could name three people who are hotter than him."

"Really? Prove it." She crossed her arm and waited for my reply.

"Well for starters Dylan O'Brien. Then there's Cody Christian. Oh and my third, Chris Pine. Have you seen him in his latest movie?"

"Shut up and drive." Clarke said in defeat. Getting into the car without another word.

"My pleasure." I smiled to myself before getting in also. Turning the engine on and making my way towards the main road.

Personally, driving two hours wasn't that bad. Even with Clarke's playlist which was filled to the brink with boy bands. I couldn't imagine if she had a limit of songs she could only have.

Clarke came out of the coffee shop with two pumpkin spice lattes.

"Here's yours." She smiled before handing me the cup.

"Thank you." I took a sip of the deliciousness before pulling out of the parking lot.

"How much farther is it?" Clarke asked a couple minutes later.

"At least five minutes." I told her.

"Really?" Her head perked up.

"Yup." I pointed to the roads down below where we saw where everything was being held.

"I'm so excited." She cheered when I got onto the exit ramp.

"I hope they have food." I joked.

◻◼◻◼◻◼◻

The line was so long I thought I was going to be here for ages. Never in my life have I been surrounded by teenager girls, and boys, who's only been obsessed with one single person in my life. I say that instead of the television show cause from the conversations I've been overhearing have made me want to puke up everything in my stomach.

"I think I see him!" Clarke yelled over everyone else just so I could hear.

I looked up from my book and looked around. "Nope that's just more line."

She groaned.

An hour has passed when we reached the final walkway of line. I didn't realize how close until the guy next to me yelled "next" and Clarke almost sprinted towards the table with her poster.

I bookmarked where I was and crossed my arms while watching Clarke go down the line.

First with an actress with blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Then to the brown haired actress. After her was the guy I recognized from glances I stole when the television show was. Then there was. I froze in my spot as I watched the brown curly haired guy finishes signing Clarke's poster.

He looked up right at me, also freezing in his spot when our eyes locked on each other.

"Kevin?" I whispered to myself.

Clarke came up to me, hugging her poster so tight to her chest her knuckles started to turn white. "I've never been so excited in my life!"

Our eyes were still locked as I followed Clarke out of the signing room.

We were headed to the Q&A room when I decided to ask Clarke something.

"Who was that last guy to sign?"

She smiled wider now. "That's was William Everest. Told you he was hot."

No that was Kevin from the bookstore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 60.6K 28
You know when you have a ridiculous crush on somebody super famous because you were just a kid, but you knew it would never happen? Well, with Macey...
1K 140 20
When returning to Canada for a friend's wedding, a dive instructor must face her judgmental mother and her ex, whose heart she never wanted to break...
9.6K 575 28
The third installment of the All But Mates Series and a crossover from the Wait For It Series. We follow Xander and Veronica's son Everest, who's mat...
Super Blogger By UC

Science Fiction

1.7K 276 35
Love, Crime, Action! When the world's richest blogger is secretly the world's only superhero... you'd think he couldn't have it any better. But throw...