Snow White In Distress | ᴛᴀᴇʜ...

By seopresso

Olivia Knight ran far away from her problems, only to cause more by ending up in the same bed as the sole hei... More

- | foreword
- | cast
- | playlist: deception
- | playlist: 기만
- | act one
01 | bloody mary & drunk talks
02 | regrets & fake smiles
03 | first meets & gossips
04 | emergencies & coffee dates
05 | conversations & texts
06 | royal parties & hidden truths
07 | repercussions & revelations
08 | headlines & spotlight
09 | friendships & feelings
10 | caffeine & carpe diem
12 | thunder & lightning
13 | stitches & salvation
14 | loyalty & royalty
15 | champagne & sunshine
- | act two
16 | intoxicated & oblivion
17 | winter & solace
18 | drinks & winks
19 | awkwardness & pretence
20 | devil & angel
21 | love & lust (m)
22 | locked & freed
23 | blue skies & violet skies
24 | heartbreak & sorrows
25 | shocks & stupors
26 | grief & hold
27 | unconditionally & fond
28 | offsets & outbursts
29 | minutes & hours
30 | ecstacy & torn
- | epilogue
- | acknowledgements
- | note

11 | sheep & wolves

3.1K 169 154
By seopresso

1 1

SHEEP & WOLVES

We all pretend most of the times – to please the one we like. Eventually, we're all no better than the other.

════════════════

"LIV, WOULD YOU mind having dinner with my family and I today, at the palace?" Xavier's voice boomed through the speakers of my phone. I sat up straight on the sofa and as I turned to look at Julia, I realised that she had already been watching me from when I had picked the phone up.

"Tonight, Xav?" I asked, my voice meek and timid. I've wondered how it always were tones different when I spoke to Xavier.

"Yeah, babe," he said and I hummed. I quickly mumbled, "I'll be there tonight."

"I can't wait to see you, babe," Xavier said, sounding delighted and I smiled. He disconnected the call and I threw the phone beside me on the sofa.

"Xavier, huh?" Julia asked as she leaned forward on the breakfast table, which was opposite to the sofa and the television.

I nodded and began explaining, "He wants me to have dinner with his family tonight." I fidgeted with the ends of my t-shirt and leaned back on the sofa.

"Well, you don't have a choice either way in this relationship, do you? She snorted and raised an eyebrow at me. I looked at Julia, hurt, but with absolute knowledge that what she told was the truth.

"I wish I could get back to work soon," I muttered. "At least then, I'd be busy and wouldn't have to worry about all this."

"You're a workaholic, woman," Julia chuckled and propped her head on her hand. "You're also a coward, because all I see you doing is running away from your feelings."

"I do not run away from my feelings," I gasped and Julia smirked.

"Well, explain why you get all cute and embarrassed around Taehyung, while you're scared and obedient like a submissive around Xavier," Julia shot and I was taken aback.

I turned completely to face Julia and just stared at her. Truth is, it felt real when Julia said it out loud. My thoughts snapped and it was as if something within me agreed with Julia's accusations.

"You agree, don't you?" Her lips curved wider and I looked down.

Irrespective of how many times my thoughts had brought about various scenarios and possibilities, along with that same recurring thought, that moment Julia voiced it out loud, it all dawned on me. Julia looked at me, worried if all the toxicity was slowly getting to me.

"I didn't mean to upset you, Liv," Julia spoke to me, slowly. She pushed herself away from the breakfast table and walked towards me. She immediately plopped down next to me.

"I know you didn't, Jules," I smiled and rested my head on her shoulder. I could feel a ghost of a smile on her face.

"I kind of knew he'd call you for dinner tonight," Julia begins after a brief moment of silence that had swallowed us.

My head shot up from her shoulder to look at her. I gave her a perplexed expression and she only chuckled.

"It's a full moon tonight," she stated and I looked at her, hoping to find some actual reason.

"And your point is?"

"Ah, well, you know how werewolves are during nights with full moon," Julia teased and I hit her with the nearest sofa cushion I could grab.

"Xav's not a werewolf, Jules. Oh my god," I gasped. She laughed and looking at her laugh, I stopped hitting her and leaned back, only to begin laughing with her, both of us looking no better than lunatics.

"What if he is?" She raised an eyebrow. "You never know."

"Werewolves don't even exist," I scoffed.

"You've never seen one," Julia raised her eyebrow at me. I flung my hands out of exasperation and groaned.

"Exactly why I am saying they don't exist," I hit myself with the cushion. Julia rubbed my back and replied, "I know it's frustrating, but you've never seen one to not know if it exists or not. I'm just saying that Xavier could be a werewolf for all you know."

"Very funny, Jules," I laughed, faking it. Julia genuinely laughed in response and said, "I thought it was funny. I still think it is funny."

"Xavier needs help. That's all," I sighed.

"He needs help and some attitude check," Julia commented under her breath and I shot her a look. She mumbled an apology and shrugged.

"I miss going to the club with you, Liv," Julia began, randomly. I looked at her, and smiled.

"Me too."

"We should go, soon."

"Yeah."

"Let's take Chen along with us," Julia suggested and I coughed as I choked on air.

"You're up for bringing Chen along with us," I asked, mortified that Julia suggested Chen's name first.

"He might be an arsehole, but I like him. He's nice," Julia replied, nonchalantly.

"Wow," I gaped at her. "Well, in that case, let's tag Shiza along with us too. That is, if she does not have homeworks and assignments to do that night."

"Sounds like a perfect plan," Julia clapped her hands together and squealed. I smiled, delighted that we finally had an actual plan on.

Julia quickly grabbed the remote and turned on the television. Flipping through the channels, she stopped when she saw Netflix's Stranger Things. I looked at her, confused at her randomness and how she just so suddenly grabbed the remote and turned the television on.

"What?"

"You're so weird."

"Go away, idiot. No one cares about what you think. I like Stranger Things. Sue me," she snarled at me and I chuckled.

Turning to face the television and actually watch the series with Julia, I commented under my breath, yet loud enough for her to hear.

"You're cute, Jules. Too cute to handle."

════════════════

"YOU LOOK BREATHTAKINGLY gorgeous, baby," Xavier leaned forward to hug me as I walked out of my house to leave with him.

"Thank you, Xav," I hugged him and pecked him on his cheek. He hugged me tight as if he was scared to let me go and I embraced his warmth.

"Get in," he gestured as he opened the car for me. I smiled and got in. Inside the car, Xavier held tightly onto my hand the entire ride. It was as if he had a bad dream and needed comforting.

"Are you alright, Xav?"

"Yeah," Xavier nodded. "I'm perfect." I nodded back in response and he then, continued, "Have I already mentioned that you look beautiful tonight?"

I smiled sheepishly, "You did."

Julia did a good job yet again on making me look pretty. According to her, even if I had despised the person who I was supposed to have dinner with, I had to look pretty because I'd feel pretty myself and that's all that matters. And so here I was, dressed in a pretty light pink floral dress, and in Julia's words, "giving the girl next door vibes."

It was past six when Xavier came to pick me up. He was clad in a nice dark purple shirt, tucked into a fit black pants. Xavier looked charming. He always did.

We reached the palace in hardly fifteen minutes. Xavier opened the door for me like a gentleman and I smiled at him in response. Together, we entered the palace. I expected to see the king and the queen, however, all I was welcomed with was silence.

I looked at Xavier, confused. However, he wouldn't look at me, now. He kept his head straight as he led me into the dining hall.

"Have a seat, my lady," Xavier gestured at the chair as he pulled it out for me, when we reached the long table in the centre. I smiled cordially and he winked at me. He sat opposite to me. I placed the cloth on my lap and lifted to look at Xavier, only to notice that he was looking at me, already.

Agatha and the others came with food and set it on the table. I gasped at the quantity of food and looked at him worriedly, "Xavier, don't you think this is a bit too much for four people?"

"Two, baby," he replied, nonchalantly and turned his attention to Agatha. Xavier told Agatha, "You and the others can go back home. You're done for the day."

"But Prince, the cleaning?" Agatha questioned, confused as to why he was letting her and his other staff to go this early.

"It's fine. Olivia, here, will place the dishes in the dishwasher and the rest closed and kept in the refrigerator, alright?"

Agatha looked at me, worriedly as to whether I'd be able to do the work after or not. I nodded confidently and she smiled. Xavier gestured her to take her leave. Agatha scurried away with the rest, delighted that they were allowed to leave for him early that night.

"Xavier?"

"Yes?"

The hall was further silent, if that was even possible. I looked at Xavier who was now occupied with eating the food on his plate. I was supremely confused. Why was all the staff sent home early? Where was Gabriella and the King?

"Where's the King and the Queen?" I asked, my eyes lingering on the steak in my plate.

"Outside. They had a party to attend," he replied, casually. My eyes widened and I thought I'd choke on air. "They aren't in the province."

I did choke on air after that. Xavier technically lied to me and if that was not heartbreaking, I did not know what is.

"Oh, you didn't tell me that," I mumbled.

"It was a decision in the spur of the moment," Xavier replied, coolly, and still eating.

"I understand," I nodded and ate the steak on my plate. "The royals are after all very busy and it's my duty as a civilian to understand that."

"Baby, are you upset that my parents are not here?" Xavier asked, genuinely concerned. He dropped his knife and the impact of the knife on the plate made a clacking sound. The sound got my attention and I looked at Xavier.

"No," I mumbled.

"You are," Xavier sighed. "I know you love my parents and I'm sure they'd love to have dinner with you another day, alright?"

Did Xavier not get that I was not upset over the fact that his parents weren't there but over the fact that he lied to me?

I hummed and continued eating my dinner in silence. Xavier meanwhile, did his best in engaging me in small talks with him. He told me about how everything was going around in the palace and in the entire kingdom of Androsia. He mentioned about how he wanted to do good for the people. He told me of how he loved me and was glad he met me.

I wondered if there was any truth behind all those words.

"How's work been for you, babe?" Xavier asked. I raised both my eyebrows in surprise. Snapping out of my trance quickly, I faked a smile and answered, "Good. I've been off work for few days. Mr. Senchez thinks it's a good idea. According to him, he says it'll keep the paparazzi away from the hospital for a while. Chen said the same."

Xavier looked at me, apologetically and meekly mumbled, "I'm sorry, you know? I didn't know the impact would be this bad. I just wanted everyone to know you were my girl. I didn't expect it to have my workaholic girlfriend to sit at home."

"Hey," I raised my voice to gain his attention. I realised that I had eventually managed to make Xavier guilty and now, I felt guilty because of that. "It's alright. I did work too much. I deserved this leave, I think." I chuckled to ease the tension in the room. Xavier smiled at me and at my vain attempt, gratefully.

In another fifteen to twenty minutes of casual conversation, we finished our dinner. As assigned, I loaded the dishwasher with the dishes, with the help of Xavier.

I was in the kitchen, waiting for the dishwasher to be done with its functioning, in order to dry the dishes. Xavier, at that moment, asked me, "How was your day, yesterday?"

"Pretty good. We helped Julia redesign her café. She wanted it themed for autumn. You know how she is, right, Julia?"

Xavier hummed in response. I smiled when I quickly heard a sound from the dishwasher that signalled that it was done. I took the dishes out and began drying it.

Xavier had walked closer to me. I could feel it. He leaned forward and moved my hair to the right. He slowly peppered kisses from my neck to the back of my ear.

"Xavier," I whined, after being taken aback in surprise by his actions. "I'm still drying the dishes. I need to get this done."

"Oh baby," he moved closer to my ears and whispered. He was so close that tingles ran down my spine and my hair on my skin stood up.

"We'll get your work done after this –"

He kisses me on the pinna of my ear, only to continue whispering, "– after you answer me this."

"What were you doing with Taehyung yesterday?"

════════════════

annyeong haseyo!

this chapter is dedicated to deena sincerelytopbecause i love her writing so much (to the power of infinity) and i'd probably never work up the guts to send her a message, a.k.a i love her.

i hope you had a great week. drop by and tell me all about it. also, yes, this girl right here updated the second or third time in this week and she's on a roll. thank you, nanowrimo, even if i don't win it this time.

vote and comment, if you liked the chapter and drop by your feedback. i'd appreciate that. my updates are a lot frequent now, wow. thank you. saranghae.

much love, ruth x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 2.4K 12
(A/N: it's been so long since I wrote... and this plot had been on my mind... 😂😂😂😂 and I dunno where to start. 😅😅😅 let's go slow, en?) Summary...
296K 14.5K 59
"You can't even count the number of times I've inwardly had you pregnant" Don't ignore the book because of the description. Highest ranking: #8 in FA...
138K 5.6K 73
Stella is a 19 year old art student from a small island, living in an apartment in Oxford, where she attends Oxford University on an art scholarship...
17.6K 453 28
Contains; Dream SMP, 3rd Life, Hermitcraft, and Origins SMP!