Pursuit of Serenity (gxg)

由 Diamond_

se·ren·i·ty /səˈrenədē/ noun -the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled. ____________________________... 更多

Pursuit of Serenity Teaser
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
No Love💔
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Hey, My Loves...
Secret Admirer
Chapter Eighteen
Secret Admirer
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Two (Continued)
Chapter Twenty-Three
New
Updates
About Epilogue
Epilogue
Pursuit of Serenity Sequel !
The Sequel is here!

Chapter Sixteen

926 46 5
由 Diamond_

Jada

"Ms. Jada, these pancakes are soooo good!" One of Lani's friends said.

"Thanks sweetie." I said with a half smile.

I was really trying my best not to show my irritation, but it wasn't so much I could do to stop it. I stared at Alivia as we all sat at my tiny dining table. I barely touched my food and neither did she.

So many things were going through my head, what could Alivia have done that Nate knows about? They literally just met...

To be honest I am so scared to know what ever it is, it's going to hurt us. It's like we are just getting our relationship on track. I swear to God if she cheated on me again I will—

"Mommy are you ok? You're not eating you food and your leg is shaking really fast." She said mattarfactly.

Alivia looked up at me with sad eyes, I looked away from her and over to Lani who was stuffing her face with grapes.

"I'm fine baby and stop stuffing your face before you choke." I said whipping her my with a napkin.

After sitting at the table for what seemed like forever starting at Alivia trying to figure out what it is she's going to confess, I spoke up. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Alivia we need to talk... now please." I said getting and going into the kitchen.

She looked at me and then at the girls before getting up and following me. Once she stepped close enough to hear me I spoke and she looked surprised at what came out my mouth.

"Don't tell me..." She looked shocked and frankly so was I.

"W-W-What do you mean? I kn—" I put my hand up before she could continue.

"What ever you have to tell me, I don't want to know about it... I feel like it will hurt our relationship and I don't want that to happen. So don't tell me." I said with tear streaming down my face. I honestly think she slipped up and cheated again... It was probably with that women she pushed off of her office when I walked in... I don't want her to say it because then it will make it too real...

"I mean... If that's how you feel baby then I won't..." She said looking relieved. She came closer, wrapping her arms around me, but I didn't want her to think she got off that easy.

I slightly moved her off of me and looked her dead in her eyes.

"Whatever it is Alivia, I swear to God you better handle it! Or I promise you won't be getting another chance!"

With that I walked away and went to room, I needed to be alone for a while.

________________

Nate

"What's up Chris!?" I answered my phone nervously, moving far away from my room door as possible.

"A lot, where we at with this shit man?"

"I'm getting there, you have to trust me."

"So that means you haven't turn Jada against that bitch yet?"

"No, but-"

"Shut up! There has been a change of plans anyway... meet me at the address I texted you and bring all your shit too. You ain't stayin there no more."

"What? Why? And what am I suppose to tell Jada?"

"I don't know nigga! Write her a note or some shit! I don't care, figure it out! Just be here in an hour."

*Click*

"Fuck!"

I slammed the phone down and paced the floor of Jada's guest room. I still can't believe this is happening to me. I sat on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands. I'm not this type of person and believe it or not I love Jada and my God Daughter. I don't want anything to happened to them... but no one can know what he knows about me.

It all started when I heard he was getting out, well I didn't actually hear it from someone else, he called me from jail. He said he didn't have anyone else to call. His family won't talk to him and he lost most of his friends. He sobbed about not having anywhere to stay when he got out and begged me if he could stay on my couch until he got on his feet. He also brought up our secret and basically bribed me in to saying yes. I wanted to tell him no, but I knew I couldn't. I wish I hadn't accepted that call.

After that conversation, I had to go tell Jada because I knew she would get scared and leave town. I didn't want her to know he was going to be staying with me. She would never forgive me... but after she left, Chris found out that I told her and said that if I didn't help him with his ridiculous plan, he would tell Jada about what I did back in high school...

It was one of the biggest mistakes I've even made and I know it was wrong, but Jada can not found out about that. She just can't.

___________________

Alivia

Honestly... I'm lost for words. All night I've been trying to figure out how I was going to tell Jada about Chris, but now I don't have too...

I know she thinks I cheated on her, but I think that's better than knowing Chris is here and that her girlfriend has been counseling him this whole time... I think that's the part that really scared me,  trying to figure out how to tell her without breaking the law... I couldn't actually tell her Chris was seeing me and why he was seeing me. I would be breaking our confidentiality agreement.

Uhh I'm just happy I don't have to go through that. But what I do know is that I will be confronting Chris, with the police. I know for a fact that he is on probation and he wasn't suppose to leave California.

I'll just have him come in and I'll be there waiting with the police...

Jada won't have to know about any of it. She did tell me to handle it.

"Alivia, have you seen Nate?" She asked coming on the balcony interrupting my thoughts. I've been out here trying to clear my mind since Lani's friends went home. A group of little girls can wear you out.

"No, why what's wrong?" I asked hoping she doesn't find him. If he finds out I didn't tell her, he will...

"I was calling him and he didn't answer, so I peeked in his room and he wasn't in there."

"Oh, he probably went out."

"But I don't see his suite cases on the floor anymore." She said sounding worried.

"Did you check the closets? Maybe he put them up." I said trying to reassure her. We walked back inside the house and to the guest room where he has been staying. I walked straight towards the closets, while Jada trailed behind me.

There wasn't anything in the closets or the draws, I looked in the bathroom and all his stuff was gone from there too. It was like he just vanished... I was relieved, but I know I couldn't show Jada that I am.

"Alivia, look..." She called out and I walked back in the room and she was holding a piece of paper with a worried expression on her face.

I took it from her and read it,

'Sorry I had to leave like this. I had to go back to Cali. I'll call you soon.

Nate.'

"He wouldn't have just left like that. Something must be wrong!" She said getting worked up. I honestly didn't care, I was just happy he was gone.

"Don't worry about it, Love. It's probably nothing and he just didn't want to say his goodbyes face to face. It could have been hard for him. He'll call you like he said, don't worry about it." I said trying to convince her not to pursue this.

__________________

Hey!!! How y'all been!? How's life!?
Sorry I've been gone for so long!
But I'm here now😬.

Anywaysss...
Jada decided she doesn't want to know 🙄 but if she only knew🤦🏽‍♀️.

Chris has a new plan, but what was the first one🤔.
I guess we just have to wait and see.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

4.5K 17 10
I knew what was coming later tonight, not only at home, but on the way there. I knew that reacting right now would just make it worse though. So I ke...
44.9K 2.8K 39
'It's a survival of the fittest, you've got to survive today to fight another day. Everyone wants to live through a fight to tell the story another d...
10.6K 559 27
I decided to publish this story again after I had removed it. A story about two brothers trying to make sense of their respective lives while trying...
535K 15.1K 44
Serenity [Sir-ren-ity] : The state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled. Chaos [Kay-os] : Complete disorder and confusion. ♕♕♕ With being the Do...