The Pure One -✔- Book Two of...

By MariamSarhan

🌟🌟🌟COMPLETED🌟🌟🌟 🌟Book Two of the Phoenix Trilogy🌟 ⚠⚠⚠Please read the book one first to avoid confusio... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 1 Angels and Venus
Chapter 2 Angelic Genes
Chapter 3 The Awakening
Chapter 4 The Transformation
Chapter 5 Blood Bound No More?
Chapter 6 Tangled Love Stories
Chapter 7 To Dream or Not to Dream
Chapter 8 The Crystals
Chapter 9 Photographic Memory
Chapter 10 Blood in my Veins
Chapter 11 The Power Within
Chapter 12 Where The Heart Is
Chapter 13 The Task
Chapter 14 The Thorn In My Heart
Pre - Warning
Chapter 15 Punishment of the Heart
Chapter 16 Freedom from Death
Chapter 17 The Dive of Love
Chapter 18 The Mermadian Queen
Chapter 19 Innermost Desires
Chapter 20 The Siren's Sacrifice
Chapter 21 The Void
Chapter 22 The Nightmare Loop
Chapter 23 Twisted History
Chapter 24 Here We Come. . .
Chapter 25 Cave of Silence
Chapter 26 🔥 The Choice
Chapter 27 🔥 Siren's Blood
Chapter 28 🔥 The Cave
Chapter 29 🔥 Forged Bonds
Chapter 30 🔥 The Pearl of Peace
Chapter 31 🔥 The Intruder
Chapter 32 🔥 The Rescue
Chapter 33 🔥 The Balancer
Chapter 34 🔥 The Amulet
Chapter 35 🔥 The Pure One
Chapter 36 🔥 The Siege
Chapter 38 🔥 Crystal Portal
Chapter 39 🔥 For Peace' Sake
🌟🌟🌟Announcements 🌟🌟🌟
Chapter 40🔥 Confrontation & Love
Finale 🔥 Part One
Finale 🔥 Part Two

Chapter 37 🔥 The Angelicum

318 31 6
By MariamSarhan

"Please Pearl. Can't you think of something to help them?" Venus pleaded for the nth time while wailing like a banshee.

Agnus and Rufus were both trying to get as close as they could to the two women who were wriggling in pain on the sand while Aldrik was keeping a close eye on Venus to prevent her from doing anything crazy and stupid.

"Venuscha, shut up. I can't come up with something as long as you keep on nagging at me." Pearl was annoyed yet a look of despair and concern could be seen in her eyes.

"Amelia, Princess!" The shout that came from Rufus halted all their conversation. They watched in horror when the two women started convulsing violently. The light of the Amulet in their clasps started to fluctuate in rapid intervals.

"I can't take this any longer." Vee announced, rushing hastily towards her two friends. Aldrik was caught off-guard that he wasn't able to grab and stop Venus.

The action was so abrupt that none of her companions were able to act to stop her on time. All they were able to do was to gape at her in trepidation as she dived and wrapped her hands around the hands of Amelia and Daphne that were clutching the Amulet. The deed itself took their breaths away for a moment. As soon as the contact was made, the light glowed very brightly. So blindingly bright that they all had to cover their eyes for protection including Pearl. It lasted for about five minutes then it dulled into a fluorescent-like light.

By the time that they slowly opened their eyes to adjust their vision from the black spots it created, they heard someone hollered, "Venuscha!"

"H-hadraniel? What are you doing here?" Pearl was stuttering like a preschooler while looking directly at the newcomer.

"Whoa! H-he's an Angelicum." Agnus gushed. His eyes were shining in adoration towards the larger than life being who was standing a few feet away from them.

Hadraniel was clothed like an ordinary human, very casual actually, wearing a stripped blue and white polo shirt, faded jeans with a plain white sneakers. However, despite the simple appearance, his presence conveyed too much aura and he imposed such authority that everyone felt like bowing to their knees and pay their respects.

"So it seems that the Pure Ones have been revealed," Hadraniel spoke in a soft velvety and alluring voice. His striking lavender eyes were looking straight towards the three women who were floating mid-high with their hands entwined, eyes closed.

"What's happening, Haddy? Pure Ones?" Pearl asked, confusion clearly shows in her eyes while the other three lads were stupified and tongue-tied watching in awe between the their friends and their new visitor.

"Ah, the prophecy," Hadraniel smiled at her showing his pearly whites. "In order for it to be fulfilled. The book of life chose predestined beings and entertwined them with Venuscha as the center being the balancer of the power. Her decision will be crucial in revealing the perfect vessel." He explained in a voice that sounded like a lullaby, it washed away any sensible thoughts within an ordinary being, once again Pearl was not an exception. She may be once an Angelicum herself but she was stripped out from most of her powers rendering her as a lower being to Hadraniel at the moment.

"Hmnn," Pearl answered in a daze, being the one at the receiving end of most of the aura. Aldrik, Agnus and Rufus on the other hand are gawking like idiots with their mouths hanging open.

Hadraniel finally noticed this. He wasn't aware that he would affect these beings this way. Now, he knows why they were forbidden to come out of their realm with all their Angelic aura. The effects would be catastrophic.

"I apologise, it's my first time to do this." He suppressed his aura to let them adjust to his presence. A collective sighs were heard when they felt that something was withdrawn from them in an instant. Something warm, comforting and addictive.

Pearl gave Hadraniel a glare when she realised what happened. Deep inside, her embarrassment was increasing by the minute. How can someone like her cower now in front of a fellow Angelicum, not to mention that she was one of the highest rank. It was very unbecoming.

"With all due respect, can you please explain to us about what you said earlier. I believe we're all at lost here regarding the prophecy."

Among the three of them, Aldrik was the first one to find the courage to talk directly to Hadraniel. Although, he really seemed uncertain and nervous to do such bold action.

"The Phoenician Prince," Hadraniel replied with a smile. "The prophecy dictates, 'The Cursed one will emerge, the Pure One will be revealed. Only then that the Perfect Vessel will be attained'. Now you see in front of you is the revelation of the Pure One." His answer is very cryptic and confusing. It made them more puzzled especially when they were staring to more than one person.

"Haddy, care to elaborate on that? Who is among the three is the Pure One?" Pearl finally spoke with irritation. The truth was, she couldn't understand it herself too. She also couldn't explain why she's angry and annoyed at Hadraniel. Mixed and unexplainable emotions were tangled deep within her everytime she tried to look at him.

To her surprise, Hadraniel looks at her fondly and gave her a very curious look too. "I can feel you now, I can see through you. I was never able to before," he said vaguely.

"It's a conversation for some other time, Haddy. We don't have time, the island's prisoners will come soon. We need the explanation about the prophecy now." Pearl demanded at him totally avoiding the part that made her heart jump.

"Don't worry about the prisoners. As long as I am here, those beings cannot come near to you nor harm you. This is the safest place to talk at the meantime." Again his answer had some mystery laced into it.

Rufus tried to open his mouth to ask another question but Pearl gave him a warning glare which abruptly silenced him. Aldrik and Agnus saw the exchange so they both kept their mouths shut as well.

"Okay, that's a relief then. I'm drained with energy too." Pearl replied.

"All your presence here now is not purely coincidence. Your group is not formed in random selection. You're all together with a purpose. You're all a necessity in fulfilling the prophecy. How you make the decisions will affect greatly on the final crucial decision that Venuscha have to make to reveal the perfect vessel. For now the power of Pearl, amulet and balancer have all sufficed and combined harmoniously within the three of them. The Pure One is the balance of power between the Cursed and her anchors." Hadraniel narrates as he points towards Venus, Daphne and Amelia.

"Just what are you talking about? Aren't we talking about finding Phoenix only? I mean to fight the sorcerers." Pearl asks in bewilderment.

"You stayed in this realm for far too long that you forgot who you really are. You only focused on finding Phoenix for selfish reasons of regaining your full capacity of power. You lost focus on what really matters, Pearl."

"And what is that exactly?" Pearl asks in arrogance.

"The final hour has come. There's no stopping it. Your greatest foe are not the Sorcerers. When you destroyed the scale. You brought upon the doom and destruction yourselves. I'm here trying to fix what you caused. My presence here now means that the Father is giving you last chance to redeem yourself. But, your only salvation lies in the hand and decision of that child." He points to Venus.

"Venuscha? How?" Pearl looks upset already.

"Venuscha is the only key to restoring the scale. If she succeed in balancing you and Phoenix here then the Scale will reappear at the Angelic Realm."

"With the Scale intact again, then the Angelicum army will be sucked back into their realm. With the Scale intact, the Angelicum will not be able to meddle with the affairs of the Realms again." Pearl finishes everything. The realisation hits her hard. She doesn't even know how heavy the burdens Venus has to carry from then on. A burden that was imposed on her since birth. She turns her gaze to Venus, her eyes full of compassion, regret and sympathy. It was all because of them. It's supposed to be their responsibility.

"Now, you understand." Hadraniel tells her with understanding then he turns to Venus, Amelia and Daphne. He raises his right hand, his palm facing them with fingers spread wide. The crystal embed on his palm glows and emits a rainbow light encircling the three women. They descent slowly and when their feet touch the sand, their eyes fluttered open.

"Haahh!" The three of them gasped at the same time. The Amulet was now hanging on Venus' neck. A white chord-like string were laced on their hands. It was connected to the three of them then it disappeared to the naked eyes.

"Venuscha." Hadraniel called out to the disoriented woman. She looked at his way and her eyes bulged in surprise to see him.

"Uncle!" Venus wasted no time and ran towards him and hugs him for the first time. She wanted to do this for a very long time. Amelia and Daphne on the other hand both ran to Rufus and Agnus respectively for a warm embrace too. Adrik and Pearl just watched with a smile etched on their faces.

Unfortunately the happy reunion didn't last long, "Pearl!" A voice from the sea called out with desperation.

Scalia was crawling towards them followed by a handful of Mermadian and Sirenian. They all looked battered and tired.

"What happened?" Pearl asked worriedly as she held Scalia in her arms who was slumped helplessly at her.

"The Kingdoms have fallen. Both Sirenia and Mermadia. They destroyed the Cliff dive entrance. Without the Amulet, it didn't hold long. I don't know where to bring my people now." Scalia told her while sobbing.

"Hush now. This island was built for that purposes too. You're still the queen of the sea therefore the ruler of this prison. You will all be safe here." Pearl rubs her back in a circular motion while whispering soothing words to her. An action that any mother would do. Just merely looking at them, one could tell that the connection between the two was below sea level deep.

"Uncle what's happening?" Venus asked nervously.

"The war has begun. All the kingdoms had fallen except the battlefield, Phoenicia," Hadraniel replied solemnly. He extended his hands emitting a rays of rainbow lights towards the survivors of Mermadia. They were enveloped by it for mere seconds and then they all emerged with legs. Everyone was bewildered but only passed on a thankful nod to Hadraniel.

"I need to go home. Our family. My father." Amelia ranted in hysteria. She couldn't believe what she heard. Her heart was beating so loud that it dug through her chest like a drilling gun. She couldn't afford to lose all her people.

Aldrik, Rufus, Daphne and Agnus were all silent but judging with their horrified expressions, it was only a matter of time before they will all lash out too. Venus, on the other hand, was being suppressed by her Uncle. Hadraniel was covering her mouth tightly to stop her from making things from bad to worse. The girl would create unnecessary panic for everyone.

"Ammph, hmmpphh." Venus was struggling to break free but suddenly stopped and dropped unconscious.

"She's fine. I have to make her sleep," The Angelicum explained when he saw the questioning looks his audience gave him.

"W-ho is he?" Scalia asked to Pearl out of curiosity. To her the man was exuding with appeal, power and aura. If only her power was not drained, she could have sensed him right away.

"He's Venus' Uncle," Pearl replied curtly and dismissively. Scalia understood right away the need to let the truth remain hidden for everyone else.

"So, what now? We can't just keep on talking here." Daphne demanded. Impatience was clearly written on her face. Seeing her people in such state triggered something deep within her. She couldn't possibly let it slide without a fight. And by the looks of it, none of the royal family was present.

"Your highness, the rest of the clan especially the royals were left behind as hostages. The same way happened to the Mermadians." One Sirenian informed to Daphne upon seeing her looking around worriedly.

Daphne just managed to give a nod of acknowledgement. Her mind was busy contemplating things, the same way with the rest of her group mates.

"But what exactly are you here for?" Pearl all of a sudden asked Hadraniel. She must admit that seeing him after centuries was very surprising and it brought unfathomable happiness to her. But, she couldn't help herself but be skeptical about it too. After all, Angelicums never involved themselves with the affairs outside their realm. If someone like Hadraniel was here. It couldn't be good for the rest of them.

Hadraniel gave her a smile but turned to talk to everyone, "if you're all ready, then we need to go back to Phoenicia now."

"Haddy, answer me please." Pearl pleaded.

He turned to look at her one more time then said, "I'm here to send Nuscha back home."

He said the words very soft and in a very small voice but the sound was like an explosion as it reached Pearl's ear. Her eyes widened in horror then shouted, "No Haddy! You can't do that."

"I must and I wanted to. It's my responsibility. Besides, it's the only way to restore the Scale." He spoke the words with finality.

"B-but, but you will be like me. You will be stranded here forever." Pearl stammered as her tears fell.

"Hush now, Pearl. Losing my divinity is the least I can do for Venuscha and her mother." He said it with so much emotion that all of them was touched by the heartfelt devotion he feels towards them. He was stroking Vee's hair with a far away look in his eyes.

Loud roars echoed throughout the island signalling the rousing of the prisoners. It was also a cue for them to go already.

"It's time. The only way to enter Phoenicia now is through your fire. I will carry Venuscha with me. See you all there." Hadraniel instructed while he waited for them to get ready.

After Pearl and Daphne said their goodbyes, the shoreline was filled with bursts of blue and red fires together with a bright white light and rainbow dusts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 232 10
BOOK 3 OF The Bride With the help of Xenaia Firman, Iole Haidee Eudora and Thornton Zeke Koskinen form a new rebel group against the new king. Now, t...
187K 6.9K 22
"Don't judge my bangs. My mom made me do it." I say. "It's cute." He says, biting back a laugh. "Asshole," I murmur. "Wait... In the photo, you're...
11.5K 418 29
"You never know what you have until you lose it..." "Giving up destroys you." :c: ||Alysha was on the brink of destruction; she was about to exp...
1.9M 97.2K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...