Come Back to Me

By nicolesbarnesrogers

"I Can't Live Anymore Sam" Steve Said with his face swelling with tears. He sniffs and uses his arm to wipe h... More

Come Back to Me (Stucky)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors Note- PLEASE READ
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Authors Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue
Heyy Quick message

Chapter 13

1K 45 16
By nicolesbarnesrogers

Steve Regretted his every move taking bucky to the pound. Many reasons included that he himself was helpless and wanted to take all of the dogs and Cats home with him.But the painful reason of going was Bucky.

Bucky was very fond of dogs and had always talked about getting one back in the day. He would blab on for hours about from when they  would of had saved enough he would buy the cheapest, no matter how beaten up or hurt it was. But steve would refuse because it wasnt fair to the dog they sometimes couldnt even buy their own food and having a dog woukd cause more trouble because they didnt have dog food and Dog needs because all of that would cost to much. Bucky would always talk about when everything was sorted he would buy one. No matter What Steve said.

They Both walked along the aisles looking at the sad faces planted and stuck on the dogs faces. As they passed them they yelped and carried on. They just wanted to be loved and taken home.

Steve found a dog that intrested him a little this dog was a Jack Russell, he didnt have many problems compared to all the other dogs.

"Buck, what do you think of this one?"

Steve turned around and knew Bucky had wondered off.

"Bucky?!" Steve yelled

"Here steve." The voice answered

Steve found Bucky in the corner playing with a  ball with a little puppy he found pushed in the corner with the other dogs.

This puppy was tagged to have been neglected by his owner and was abused at a really young age. Steve felt the urge of finding the owner and giving him a talking to. The poor little creature  was  only 1 year old.

It had a dirty white coat with orangery Patches.His eyes were sad and droopy,his legs were not quite developed from being stuck in a cage so long.On the left side of his stomach it suffred a huge purpley and green bruise. The Dog limped along and licked Buckys arm slowly and still after all that managed to happily still wagging his tail.

"It said its breed is a English Staffy."Steve reading off the info card.

"Can we take this one?" Bucky asks Having the dog on his lap patting and scratching his head.

"I dont know buck....this one has been abused and bashed...will he have issues later on if we get him?"

"I dont know and i dont care i want this one Stevie." Bucky cried with the dog still on his lap

"Fine Buck.im happy with that"

"I'm going to call him patches." Bucky said.

Steve smiled noticing the pain in Buckys face drained out and his normal skin tone had returned. He was so happy and so was Patches.

"Patches it is." Steve said picking it up and letting him lick his face.

~

The boys decided to go to the beach, it had flet like more than a centuary since they had been and of course they brang patches.

"Come on buck,patches and i was you to come for a run with us and a play in the water."Steve teased

The beach was probarly the worst place to right now for bucky. It was crowded and the people swimming in swimmers and bikinis made Bucky more self conscience. everything was enjoying the nice sun shine and beautiful weather whilst bucky sat on the picnic mat with a big long sleeve jumper.

He didnt want to swim no matter what Steve said.His major fear was that everyone would run away scared by his arm. He hates his arm.

"No" bucky said sternly in a angry and agitated voice."Im staying right here."

"Suit your self." Steve said getting a fisbee from the bag and throwing it away to hope patches catches it.

After a while when they came back exhausted they settled down to eatting the sandwiches and salads they packed eariler on.

"Can we go?!" Bucky asked fustraited

"Buck, i know about your arm, to me i really dont care- i mean i care about you and how you hate your arm, but people dont care about your past Their just here for a good time- i just want you to know ill always be here for you even with your arm. i will always still love you."

Bucky looked at steve nearly tearing up.

"Thanks Stevie." He said

Bucky listened to what steve had said that everyone didnt care.

Bucky removed his jacket and t shirt and took off his tracksuit and stood up im his board shorts. Steve looked at his friend happily, he had nothing to fear.

Bucky ran to shore line in his black board shorts with patches running no so close behind him.

He ran into the water and crashed into the waves.The water rushing through him made him gasp at the temperture. He was enjoying the cool rush of water through his body, it made him breath a bit better, it was like a huge brick was lifted off his chest. Patches was playing with him and running around with him.

After he got out of the water with patches behind him soaking wet. He was stopped moments later walking towards the picnic mat by some kids and 2 teenage girls.Fans.

"Do you mind if you sign here." One of the girls asked pointing to her chest holding out her marker. She seemed really excitied and happy to see him. The other girl was behind her smiling but shy.

The little boys held out little bears with a metal arm and handmade mask and vest and pants. The little boy jumped up and down excitied and held out a marker.

"This arm is so cool, i wish i could have one." A little boy emergerd from behind him and touching Buckys arm which made him cringe but let the little child touch it.

Bucky signed everything and walked off with some happy fans. More and more people crowded around him as he made his way to steve and patches who was still far away from where he was.

Eventually he made it steve in the end .Steve couldn't help but smile at his best friend.

"See you are special Bucky...People love you." Bucky said nothing but sat down next to patches eating his salad.

"Remember when we used to come to the beach." Bucky said covering his face from the sun that was shooting right at his eye.

"Yeah i remember-with My mum." Steve said rather softly

"Remember the stupid shit we used to do?" Bucky laughed shifting his position away from the sun

"Of course i remember." Steve said

Steve sat their for a second, his mind rewinding back to those moments when they were both carefree and happy. The first time they shared a blanket.

[FlashBack]

"Boys remember to put sunscreen on, we dont want to be black potatos do we." Mrs Rogers yelled at the boys who were already making their way to the water.

"No mum" Steve said.

He was 11, Bucky was 12.

"Mrs Rogers are we allowed to go for icecream after our swim?" Bucky asked

"Of Course boys, Now go have fun, ill be here reading my book." She said getting her book out. " "Take care of eachother alright." she added

Steve and Bucky ran into the ocean. The wet sand beneath their feet and between their toes. The feeling to get out of school was really something. Just freedom.

Steve and Bucky collected shells and seaweed and made a sand castle. They made little forts and battled eachother. They laughed, threw sand at eachother,talked, pushed eachother in the water, when looking for things in the rock pools.

After icecream and they returned to Steves house, Bucky was allowed to have a sleep over. During the night Bucky woke Steve, it must of been important.

"Steve...Steve..Stevie..you awake?" Bucky whispered

"Hmmm..hmm oh Bucky can you sleep?" steve said waking up

"Steve i need to tell you something."

"Sure what is it?"

"Rebecca kissed me the other day and i really liked it." Bucky would say.

"What was it like?" Steve questioned

"Slimy and weird- it felt good though." Bucky joked

(Remember their 11 and 12 kissing was like woah and a big deal.)

"Good on ya Buck." Steve said smiling in the dark.

No one said anything for a while untill Bucky broke the silent.

"Are you cold?" Bucky asked

"No...yes but im fine."

"Here." Bucky switched the light on and saw Steve shivering from the cold. He got his blanket and wrapped it around Steve. He turned the light off and lay next to him without a blanket.

"Bucky what are you doing? What about you are you cold?" Steve asked confused

"No im fine, you cant get cold, dont want your mum paying so much for you asthma stuff its expensive. Just go to sleep im fine."

"Thanks Buck but youll get cold and i dont want that-"

"Shut up and Sleep." Bucky said

For a few minutes their was a awkward silence between them.

Steve lifted his blanket and wrapped it around Bucky as well as himself.Their warmth of both of their Bodies clashing together for the first time.

Before Bucky could protest Steve spoke up

"Now you shutup and Sleep."

Bucky said nothing and lay his head down to rest beside steve who had put his arm around Bucky.

"Night Buck"

"Night Steve"

[End of Flashback]

Steve snapped back to reality and helped pack up and load up with everything.

As they drove home Steve talked about his little flashback All Bucky said was how he sort of remembered it and thought the whoke day was fun

When they reached home and packed up it was time to go to bed now. They put Patches to sleep and they themselves got to their own beds.

"Steve Please stay, i cant cope by myself." Bucky said

"Of course buck."Steve got his blanket and pilliow and shifted to a comfortable position.

Bucky turned the light off and lay their next to steve.

"Steve...would you have killed me?"

Steve didnt want to answer this question, he lay their like a rock pretending he was actually asleep.

"Steve please just tell me"

"Bucky...i couldn't bring myself to do it"

"Steve why not."

"Even though you were brainwashed and reprogammed inside. Inside all of that their was still a Bucky Barnes, My best friend since childhood. The one that i love. I couldnt kill you because your my friend buck no matter what people said."

"What do you fear?" Bucky asked changing the subject

"I fear losing you all the time it hauts me and i fear the unknown. everyone does."

"You have a fair point." Bucky states

"look steve-"

" I think we should try sleep." Steve cuts in

"Of course..Night stevie." Bucky planted a kiss on steves Forehead.

The Kiss meant nothing, it was a friendly kiss and it didnt mean anything.

[Flashback]

"Steve, no matter what stupid decision you will make ill always be their for you Never never ever forget this....Because i love you."

"I love you Buck."

Buck planted a kiss on Steves Forehead.

Again this kiss meant nothing. There just good friends 'till the end of the line.

[FlashBack ends.]

Hey Guys
Oh my goodness i have 1.6K reads arrghh thank you so much it means so much to me i dont know what to say but all i can do is say  Thank you over and over again.
I still love all your wonderful comments you give me...Some of them just make me smile and make my day :)
SORRY FOR SPELLING OR GRAMMER -_-

I have also heard alot of Tumblr users are on here so if you have tumblr make sure you give me a follow

Tumblr: nicolesbarnesrogers

You can give me a message saying you have read this story or tell me what you think about it or just plain talk to just give me a message and ill be sure to follow you back :)

Either way Thank you so much for everything

REMEMBER TO VOTE,FAN AND COMMENT ♥♥

Thank you
Nicole :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 343 38
"You told me you would help me." "That was a long time ago." "So is that a no? Because I could really use a hand right now. Or a suture kit." In whic...
713K 17.5K 40
You are one badass assassin. The deadliest one alive. You're also Steve Rogers' long lost younger sister. When Steve and the Avengers find you single...
79.3K 3K 36
Bucky Barnes served in World War Two. Sadly, he fell to his death. He was recovered and revived by HYDRA. On the run, scared, and ready to break at...
367K 12.6K 33
Bucky Barnes has been on the run from hydra for months, and when Steve finally finds him, he's in bad shape. He needs somewhere safe to hide and he n...