Special |Heroes|

Від Deya0302

Whenever I felt different my mother was there to comfort me, saying to stop being afraid. That I was special... Більше

Special
1.
2
3
4
5.
6.
7
9.
10.
11

8.

336 13 0
Від Deya0302

Manhattan, New York

It felt weird someone I had never met before knew me and wanted me to stay. However, I wasn't going to ask a grieving woman what she wanted from me, at least not now. 

Mrs. Petrelli had showed me to a room upstairs after she composed herself, leaving me alone to call her oldest son. 

I was in the bathroom, cleaning my forehead again. My tired dark brown eyes stared at my slight pale reflection as I splashed water in my face, wiping it with a towel. My hair felt sticky and after a moment of disgust for the blood coating it, I put it up on a poytail after wincing a bit in pain. My forehead felt numb as I applied pressure on it and dropped my hands with a soft sigh. 

My eyes filled with tears as flashes of my mom passed through my eyes, glancing at the injure in my head. Sylar had killed my mom the same way. He killed people with abilities, special people and now I realized why he wanted me dead now too. 

My eyes flickered upwards, glancing at the air vent, staring at it for a few  seconds. "I'm not like you, am I, mom?" I murmured. Maybe I was hallucinating, seeing things. Maybe it was the shock. I wasn't special. I wasn't her nor Peter. 

Peter. 

He had saved me and Dr. Suresh and now he was dead. I sniffled as I looked away, shrugging off my school blazer and loosening the tie around my neck. 

A knock came from the door. "Hey" a muffled voice came from outside "You okay?"

I slowly opened the door to see the blonde girl named Claire standing outside the bathroom with a kind and yet awkward expression.

I leaned against the doorframe, licking my lips with a slight nod "Yeah" I answered lowly. "I guess so" 

Claire sighed, her eyes flickering up to my forehead in concern "Eh, how's your forehead? It looks painful"

I rubbed my neck, "It looks more painful than what it actually hurts" I replied bluntly. "I-it, it actually is numb. I don't feel pain or the injure. Gotta be good, right?"

Claire shrugged, shaking her head. "I don't know. I just wanted to see if you were okay. And if you wanted maybe a change of clothes? That's your school uniform, right? It doesn't look good anymore"

I looked down flustered "Yeah. I was heading to school before..." I chocked slightly, stopping myself, taking a deep breath, "Oh, well. It doesn't matter now"

"I think we're from the same size" Claire offered, giving me a smile "Come"

I immediately sighed in relief, feeling thankful.

Claire kindly gave me a change of clothes that I absolutely loved.

I was examining the light gray long sleeve shirt when Mrs. Petrelli entered the room, glancing between the two of us with slight uncertainty before seeing our relaxed stances with each other.

"Ms Sinclair" Mrs Petrelli addressed me politely, all trace of tears were gone but there was still a dull and prominent sadness on her eyes "If you want, the bathroom is at your disposal" 

She didn't give me a chance to thank her before she walked away.

Claire cleared her throat awkwardly "Intense"

I didn't take my eyes of the door, bitting my lip "You have no idea"

"What do you think she's so cautious around you?" Claire questioned suddenly, "I know why with me as I'm her son's Nathan's long lost daughter or something-" She stopped herself, seeing my wide eyed expression. "Oh, God! No one is suposse to know that. Oh, crap. You didn't hear that, please"

I shook my head, "Hear what?"

Claire smiled in relief, closing her eyes, "Thanks, Rebecca" 

I waved a hand, feeling still shocked to know Congressman Petrelli had a daughter out of his marriage with another woman. It made me think about what my mom had told me a day ago before she died. How I was product of her and a married man... My mom not being his wife.

"No problem" I said with a light chuckle. "Though I don't know what could she possibly want with me. This is the first time meeting her after all"

"Guess we will know later" Claire reassured me with a shrug. She nodded at the bathroom, "Go ahead, I figure you're dying for a shower"

I chuckled, "Oh, I am..."

Claire smiled, walking away.

I sighed closing my eyes grabbing a towel and heading to the bathroom.

~8~

It didn't take long before I was out of the shower, my hair being washed out of all the blood and clean again. The clothes Claire lend me fit me perfectly.

I put on a band aid on my forehead before walking down stairs meeting Claire on the kitchen when the front door was opened.

Congressman Nathan Petrelli walked inside the residence carrying his suitcases. I peeked at Claire's expression to find her staring at her dad before looking down.

I eyed her sympathetically, not making a noise as I placed a hand comfortingly on her upper arm. She shot me a brief thankful smile not making a sound neither as we heard him and his mother talking.

I swallowed thickly hearing him cry once he met his dead brother.

Claire began walking forward, heading to the same room but not entering, surveyeing the scene in front of her.

I stopped right at her side as Mrs Petrelli spotted us, staring at us. 

Nathan had his back toward us but turned around at the silence of his mother.

"Claire" Nathan breathed, eyes slightly widening.

"I know you don't want me here" Claire told him, biting her lip "I just want to see him. I came all this way"

Mrs. Petrelli cleared her throat coldly, "Let the girl have her moment" She told her son, walking out of the room, gesturing at me to follow her.

I hesitated, giving Claire a reassuring look walking away. I glanced over my shoulder seeing Nathan putting Peter down gently and walking away without another word to Claire.

I only stared at the ground feeling awkward seeing Nathan and his mother embrace each other for the loss of Peter, not forcing myself to talk with neither of them both and besides neither of them seemed to want to hold a conversation with me, though I could technically hear the confusion on the Congressman regarding my presence on his home but he didn't voice it out loud and he wouldn't because a loud gasp and coughing caught our attention, snapping our heads toward the living room seeing a very well alive Peter sitting and gasping for air. Our eyes widened in disbelief.

Mrs Petrelli untangled herself from her son and stumbled back to the room, gasping in disbelief "Peter"

Peter caught his breath, turning to face Claire under our shocked stares "You saved my life"

Claire was smiling through her tears, "Guess we're even now"

~8~

Peter being alive was something I couldn't take my mind off. It was something incredible and mind blowing. He was dead! I had watched him die and suddenly he was like it hadn't happened.

Mrs Petrelli for sure had seemed shocked but quickly composed herself, giving her children time for them both to talk as she snatched me to the side to give them privacy.

It seemed that I finally was going to find out why I she wanted me to stay here and not gone with Mohinder.

To say I was shocked.... It was an understament.

~8~

Angela, how Mrs. Petrelli told me to call her was outside of Nathan's office hearing him and Peter talking while I mauled over everything she told me. She had let me be. She had let me proccess everything in silence. Something I was grateful for. 

Angela placed a hand around my shoulders, gently pushing me forward to walk with her inside the room making the brothers stop talking abruptly, turning to face us.

Peter tilted his head at me curiously before looking at his mother, "About what just happened" he glanced at his brother "Nathan and I need to talk to you"

Angela smiled briefly, shaking her head, raising her free hand "It's okay, I know" Nathan and Peter exchanged a look "I knew long before either of you did. Just like I knew about her even before she was even born"

The brothers looked at me, curious.

"Who's this?" Nathan asked, frowning

"This is Rebecca Sinclair," Angela began "She's your-"

"Sister" I breathed, looking up still in shock.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

57.1K 1.5K 40
Mistreated from a young age and sent away in her teens by her parents, she all but disappeared off the face of the Earth. Years of abuse from her new...
58.9K 2.1K 39
You are the daughter of Richard and Mary Parker. You were born with special abilities...and no one knows how. Your mother said God had Given earth a...
439 1 26
I am normal. Or at least I thought I was. I didn't think I was special. I didn't know I could be someone else. Someone who's not me. Someone who's ma...
118K 2.4K 18
My life has never been normal. As a baby, I was left on the doorstep of a S.H.I.E.L.D facility by my parents. Then, when I was barely old enough to w...