Betrayed By Fate

By alice-ayuzawa

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson... More

Author Note
"That smile of yours is haunting me"
Chapter 1 |Wolfsbane
Chapter 2 |Alpha Visitor
Chapter 3 | Escape
Chapter 4 | Jenn
Chapter 5 | Stranger
Chapter 6 | Mate
Chapter 7 | 'Alpha King'
Chapter 8 | Rejection
Chapter 9 | Taunting
Chapter 10 | Awaken
Chapter 11 | Stay
Chapter 12 | Tag Along
Chapter 13 | Jake
Chapter 14 | Aether
Chapter 15 | Shopping
Chapter 16 | Flower
Chapter 17 | Bloodshed
Chapter 18 | "Lily"
Chapter 19 | Confronting
Chapter 20 | Return
Chapter 21 | Past
Chapter 22 | Brother
Chapter 23 | "Netflix And Chill"
Chapter 24 | Lost
Chapter 25 | Seer
Chapter 26 | Memory
Chapter 27 | Heated
Chapter 28 | Apple
Chapter 29 | Arlen
Chapter 30 | Bunny?
Chapter 31 | I Love You
Chapter 32 | Surprise?
Chapter 33 | Forest
Chapter 34 | "Rogue"
Chapter 35 | Prank
Chapter 36 | "Nothing happened"
Chspter 36.5 | Bonus
Chapter 37 | Kiss
Chapter 38 | Luke
Chapter 39 | R.I.P
Chapter 40 | "I won't"
Chapter 41 | Party
Chapter 42 | "Burn it!"
Chapter 43 | Silver
Chapter 44 | Leave
Chapter 46 | Meeting
Chapter 47 | Zaire
Chapter 48 | Punch Me
New book
Chapter 49 | Save her
Characters Magazine [pleeease read]
Chapter 50 | I Will Tell Him
Chapter 51 | Pain
Hi...please don't kill me A/N
Chapter 52 | Goddess
Chapter 53 | Angel
NOTE
Chapter 54 | Time
Chapter 55 | Blood
Chapter 56 | Home
Chapter 57 | "I love you..."
Chapter 58 | Why
Chapter 59 | You Are Lost
Chapter 60 | Smile
Epilogue |1| Brown
Epilogue |2| Babies
Epilogue |3| Story
Epilogue |4| Mystery?
Q&A (and interesting facts )

Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"

35.1K 1.4K 308
By alice-ayuzawa

First Update.
There is one after that.
You are welcome people! :)

cover made by marylife5026
IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL THANK YOU SO MUCH qwq
____________

"So...how much?" Jake asked in a seductive low voice the pretty brunette sitting on a bar stools.

Finally, I have found him.

And he is picking up some girl.

I couldn't help but laugh at the red face of the girl at Jake's question, he is implying that she is some prostitute...not really the gentleman way Jake.

I winced as a loud slap sound echoed in the bar, luckily for him not a lot of people are here at this time of the day. The bartender was biting his lip holding his laughter, his eyes showed that this wasn't the first time he saw something like this happen here.

"Hey come one!" He held his hand up in frustration, she walked away, fuming she muttered curse words under her breath.

"Hey, Jake. Have you forgotten that you have a mate?" I sat on the stool beside him. I was pretty laid back even though my mate was picking up a girl right in front of me. I guess the fact that he is high on a fever and he sucks at flirting calms my jealousy.

I never said I wasn't jealous.

He gave me a crooked smirk "Trust me, ever since I met you I am unable to forget that fact" he was about to take a sip of his drink, but no way I would let him drink at this time of the day in addition to his fever. I swiftly took the drink out of his hand.

I was curious what he meant, there was something in his eyes that told me there is more behind it "Oh, really? When we first met you clearly wanted to dismiss that fact" I raised an eyebrow. I gave the bartender the glass of alcohol back.

I don't know much about alcohol since I found out that it practically knocks me out, I avoided it completely...maybe because of that, I fall for it..I should know my poison.

Research for later.

What are you doing?...

He is hiding something.

I know it is not the fine way to bring up the past but it was true.

"You have your secrets, and I have mine" his voice barely a whisper, amusement laced in his tone.

I turned my head to him but his seat was empty.

How the heck did he...?

That was some ninja act.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, it took me 3 hours to find him in this bar at some corner of the large pack, now I lost him again! "Hey, Mister! Have you seen where he went?" I asked the bartender, sighing.

"Our Beta ran out the door and took a left turn" he chuckled,

"If he comes back..just don't give him a drink" I muttered and followed him out.

My phone ringed as I looked around scanning my surroundings for Jake, I picked up the phone, "WHAT?" I snapped at the one who chose this perfect timing to call me.

"Blackburn, watch your tone," Zaire growled, "have you found him?"

I would have retorted with a sassy comeback but the worry in his voice hindered me "Well...I did...but he escaped me" I groaned. How could a high Jake trick me?

"...he escaped you. You bring him back" he told me in a monotonous voice.

"Where is Jenn?" I raised an eyebrow, a realization was slowly creeping into my mind. A not so pure one.

"With me. To Jake, he is your mate so you bring him back...and you don't need to call back" he cut the call as I heard Jenn's voice in the background asking who it was.

That horny b*strad is letting me take care of his fever high Beta while he is...urgh.

How could Jenn let me hang like that!

I huffed and strode in the way Jake apparently went, which he indeed did. He stood some feet away talking with a blonde.

I groaned and walked their way, I could hear Jake trying a weird pick up line "We could do it doggie style if you want to be my b*tch" he wiggled his brows at the outraged blonde. I watched the scene closely not knowing if Jake is trying to pick up the girl up or is trying to earn a slap.

"Did you just call me a b*tch?" She screeched "No, I don't want to be your b*tch Jake, don't you have a mate now?" She sneered and ran from Jake...into me. I was still in a daze from Jake's bad wanna-be-pick-up-line that I didn't see her stumbling into me.

She was about to fall from her heels, I swiftly caught her upper arm preventing her from meeting the ground. Her scent very well familiar to me, she was one of the scents I smelled in Jake's room.

"Are you okay?" I asked her but my gaze was fixed behind her where Jake should have been standing, but again, he was gone.

WHAT IS HE?

You are a wizard, Harry!

Ha-ha.

"I-I am fine" she answered still a little shaken. Her eyes widen as she looked up at me, even with her 3-inch heels I over towered her. "You are his mate.." her eyes flickered in recognition.

she chuckled bitterly "You should keep an eye on your mate," she rolled her eyes.

I was surprised to hear that from someone who must have slept with Jake, "Thanks for the advice" I smiled at her, I was amused. She didn't give off any jealous or hateful vibes, unlike some she-wolves.

I don't have a right to be mad at anyone who Jake slept with, for them he was an unmated wolf. So they couldn't know.

She watched me silently, her arms crossed over her chest she looked back at the place where Jake should have been standing "It is weird, Beta Jake never was the type to get closer to unmated she-wolves," her brows furrowed in confusion and so did mine at her statement.

"I think you don't know your Beta that good, dear" I glanced at her.

"Flirting was never his department, he was always straightforward in pack matters. There was always this cold wall that he never put down...I was really surprised that he and that Ava girl got together from one day to another" she shrugged her shoulders.

That topic sparked my interest "What do you mean 'from one day to another'?"

"Well, I mean it literally. She was trying to get in his pants for months and suddenly one day they were together madly in love. I am glad that girl changed packs" she narrowed her eyes at the memory.

Changed packs?

What Zaire told the pack.

She said from one day to another?...it doesn't make sense.

Jake isn't the type to trust so easily-

Like you.

-when I saw him the first time, he glanced at her corpse with so much...hurt. Did he love her...or not?

Her voice brought me out of my thoughts "After she was gone, a lot of she-wolves tried their luck-"

I interrupted her with a chuckle "And landed in his bed, right? Thanks for the information, it was a big help" I waved back at her as I jogged to way I am guessing Jake went to, his light scent my only clue. I left her standing her mouth agape and her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Oh, my!" a hoarse voice exclaimed, my head snapped to a sight I did not expect in a hundred years...never.

Jake was leaning on a house with one hand pressed on the stone wall, an elderly lady between him and the wall, an interesting distant between them.

I got the chills from the sight.

Oh, my god, he is becoming desperate....

Help the old lady before our mate kills her with his terrible pickup lines!

"Hello Granny, do you bake pies?" Jake asked with a seductive smirk on his lips.

Is it bad that I want to make sure he never has kids...even if I am his mate?

...be careful, the old lady seems to have the same thought in mind.

The old lady was holding her solid looking handbag ready to hit, she smiled awkwardly at Jake "yeah.."

He chuckled hoarsely, which was damn sexy I have to admit "Can I have a taste of your pie-" No no no no JAKE!

"AHOO! JAKEY BOO!" I screamed wide in alert, the old lady took that as an opportunity to escape from this awkward situation, she brushed past me giving me a grateful smile.

He tilted his head, bringing out his bottom lip pouting at me "Hey! I almost had her!"

"Jake...you are a horrible player" I shook my head bursting out laughing.

"That is not true," he snorted, "the ladies loooove me" he wiggled his eyebrows which just fueled my laughter. It was kind of cute how he tries to make me jealous.

I wiped away my tears "Look-" My chuckle died down, he was gone again.

This is not funny Jake Anderson, grr.

I am seriously getting a headache from running around.

Find him! Fast! He hit on mature woman, elder ones...the next is younger....

He might have a fever but he wouldn't hit on little girls...it is more likely that he will hit on Zaire.

..true.

I was about to turn on a corner, Jake's voice struck me "Oh you like lollipops? How about-"

"NO!" I jumped around the corner

I met the eyes of a dark-haired woman who had a lollipop box in her hands...a whole box..she must either like lollipops or has a lot of children.

Jake was about to run again but I was him a step ahead and swiftly grabbed him by shirt collar before he got a step away. I gave the woman a tight smile as she crept out of the situation.

"Jake...you should rest..." the worry in my voice clear.

"Nah, I feel great" he got out of my grip and strode ahead, I followed him closely a tired sigh left my lips.

"You should stop attempting to flirt, you are a terrible flirter" I scoffed at him.

"Oh, am I?" He stopped in his tracks and I walked right into him, my nose colliding with his hard back.

"what was that for?" I held my red nose.

In a blink of an eye, he wrapped his arm around my waist, his free hand under my chin forcing me to look up to him. My breath hitched at the none-existent space between our bodies. I was firmly pressed against him. The beating of my heart very prominent heard in my ears.

A gasp left my parted lips as his lips lightly brushed the sensitive skin of my neck, heat spreading through my body concentrating on my cheeks. Tortuous sparks along his feather like touch. I bit my lip to stop the moan trying to escape. His hand on my waist wandered up slowly. He pulled his head back his eyes laced with confusion.

"I could have sworn..." he muttered.

I, who was unable to even her breath, just elegantly whispered: "uhh wha'?" His confused look turned to a seductive one, his eyes gleamed with admiration.

"I was sure you were hiding your wings, Angel." he showcased his pearl white teeth as if he just won an award. My mouth agape as I realized he was using some made up pick up line. I roughly pushed him away, I felt the heat on my cheeks rising in temperature, the blush darkening.

Of course.

He was just trying to prove his flirt abilities.

"It seems that my charm only works on you, eh?" He gave me a sly boyish smile "as long as it works on you I am fine with being 'terrible at flirting'" he winked at me.

I swear I heard the sound of something flaming, probably my face.

I held my face in my hands trying to cool it down, a deep sigh left me. He is going to be the death of me, never have I blushed that much.

Stupid Jake.

I hate feeling vulnerable.

Yet you want to be vulnerable in front of him. You, humans, are complicated.

"Jake-" I choked on my words. The sight could be from some fictional book where someone is high on a fever and does something stupid.

"what?" His tongue out in concentration, he absent-mindedly answered.

His shirt already on the ground, he was just pulling down his pants, he stood with only his boxers on the lively street, mothers covered the eyes of their children who pointed at Jake's private part asking what it is.

Someone is excited.

Oh, my f*cking god...

The children!

You aren't even looking at them, your eyes are practically devouring him.

"What are you doing Jake!" I shrieked. His hands neared the edge of his black boxers

"It...is hot" he slurred, the red flush on his cheeks now more prominent. One second he looked perfectly fine and now he is stripping on a street.

He is a great role model as a Beta...if this was a pack to train strippers...the way he took of the shirt.mhm.

Our mate may have been a male stripper..

I am just guessing he had kinky one nightstands.

Way to ruin my mood.

"JAKE! UHH...I bet you can't...swirl around yourself 50 times?" I grimaced at my ridiculous attempt to stop Jake from running down the street naked, showcasing his glory to his pack.

Do you really think he will fall for this? Jake isn't dumb.

"Oh, yes I can--" he pouted childishly "if I make it, I am choosing a prize" he gave me a triumphant smile and started turning around himself.

You were saying?

...I am doubting his intelligence

Swiftly I picked my phone from my pocket, dialing Zaire's number. I need help if I want to get him out of here.

The ringing stopped, I heard a faint growl before he was about to start to complain I cut him off.

"Trust me, I wouldn't dare to interrupt your time with my friend but my mate, your Beta, is currently stripped right down to his boxers on the street--"

His shocked voice interrupted "Whoa!...did you-"

"NO! Of course, you f*cking idiot! What do you think of me? Just get your Beta before he runs around the pack naked, ruining every single childhood of the kids of your pack! He is on round 25..you should hurry" I ended the call.

I got the phone from Jenn, Zaire was the one who paid for it. He knew it would be for me so it probably has some kind of tracker in it, one of the reasons I don't take it with me often.

Jake stopped swirling and looked at me with his wide blue eyes, his lips parted in shock like a deer caught in headlights.

He ran.

He sprinted in the opposite direction of me and ran.

All this action can9be good for his wound.

"Sh*t" I cursed and ran after him. I hope Zaire brings a rope with him.

I didn't know you liked..that.

No you idiot, I will bind him to the hospital bed and feed him carrots.

Doesn't he hate carrots?

Exactly.

"Jake...hah...wait!" I panted as I ran past people trying to keep my eyes on Jake's trained back.

"GIVE ME UNICORNS!" he screamed, people not only looked back at him because of his revealing attire but also...he is a f*cking 26-year-old man running down the street in his boxers and looks damn good in it. Him screaming for unicorns did this weird situation justice.

In the corner of my right eye, I saw someone running beside me, my eyes flickered to the person, I thought it was a girl, from the bright pink colour I saw. But no it was Luke in a dress. Again.

"Watcha doin'?" He asked amused, easily keeping up with my speed.

"Jake is sick...I need to catch him" I chuckled at my ridiculous situation.

"Why are you in a dress, again?" I asked.

"Eric is here," he smiled evilly. I looked behind to see Eric pissed, running after us. I am pretty sure it was not of his own will. My eyes followed the leash that started with the spiky collar around Eric's neck, it lead to the end which was firmly in Luke's hand.

He got an Eric on the leash...

I sighed, this must have been the second time Eric falls for Luke's tricks. Dumb child.

Luke has many ways to humiliate someone, being on a leash is one of them. Eric could try to stop but luke wouldn't stop...I guess he rather run than get dragged on the ground.

"Eric, I had warned you" I shook my head, my eyes not wavering from Happy Jake, he is still running screaming some incoherent words.

"If you weren't such a lazy a*s I wouldn't have even met him! 'Go to a Bookman named Luke, he will help you.' you said! See what this brought me!" He growled, he tried his best to keep to our speed.

"If you stayed with me, I would have killed you more than a few times. Does Luke now sound like the better option?" I looked over my shoulder, giving him a cold monotonous smile. His nose wrinkled, his eyes narrowed, he grimaced at my words. His stare switched to me and Luke. He sighed and mumbled a yes.

Thought so.

"Give me A UNICORN!" Jake shouted. Zaire caught him...from where did he come?

Jake struggled in Zaire's grip, even though he was just gripping his arm.

zaire waited patiently till we caught up. "You weren't lying...I had some pack members linking me that Jake was running like a maniac.." Zaire voice commented roughly. He looked like a mess, it didn't escape me that his shirt was the other way around on.

"STOP F*CKING MOVING JAKE!" Zaire growled out "There isn't a Unicorn chick!"

What?

Jake slumped down rolling his eyes childishly.

"Jenn--" Zaire wanted to explain but his words stopped when he saw Luke and Eric, a hairy guy in a bright dress with someone on a leash behind him. I don't blame him for his 'what the f*ck' expression. "--why are you people so weird" he shook his head. Luke gave him a bright smile "Aren't you all about that Papi?"

Please keep your thoughts to yourself, Luke.

He is clueless about us but then he knows that Luke, Eric and I are the same kind. Until now no one got so much about us. Just the fact that he knows I am not a normal Werewolf is impressive. I must admit, I did give it away with my suspicious actions.

"Jake made fun of Jenn for believing in Unicorns so she told him that there is a Unicorn chick who only comes to this pack at 4 o'clock...I didn't think he would have bought her lie" he ruffled his hair chuckling. It surprised, I always see him glaring or scowling at me unless Jenn is with us.

In a swift movement Zaire threw Jake over his shoulder, Jake didn't protest nor said anything, he was knocked out. His fever and the chilly fall weather finally got to him.

Luke and Eric were dangerously silent, I would have expected a comment from Luke at least.

"Arian..." Luke called me.

My brows furrowed at his serious tone, I was about to ask but Zaire was already a fare distance, walking to the pack doctor.

"Sorry Luke, I need to make sure Jake runs off and picks up a 50-year-old grandma again." I gave him an apologetic smile and went after Zaire.

*****

Hey, long time to see....hi.

Fun fact...when I wrote in the Author's note that I don't like the sun, it had an inside joke for me lol.
I am lightly allergic to the sun. Trust me, it sounds like a lie but when you get a rash that itches like hell (and your face becomes friend with a tomato) from just having a 15 minute walk to the library you begin to believe it.

My theory stands, I might be a Vampire.

Vote
Comment
Share?

Enjoy<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 425 19
I was running from a mean alpha, being chased down by the beta and some other wolves who agreed to kill me. Why me? I noticed that they stopped follo...
3.1K 162 6
"I know we've just met but I want to ask you out on a date." There was a beast like glint in his eyes that bothered a tiny part of me. I clutch on to...
21.7K 784 47
I was getting ready to start my senior year of high school when my dad was offered a promotion in an ally pack. He was our alpha's younger brother. (...
139K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...