The Traveler

By Darth_Rainbow_QoC

Lucie Aconite ran away from home. The insignificant girl became a Traveler. Travelers are mandated to help he... More

Forewords
Meeting.
Aconite. Lucie Aconite.
To Each Their Own Demons.
Alteration.
Crossing Paths.
Daddy Issues.
Breath.
Discoveries.
Shallow Shadow.
Mistakes And Matches.
Destination Destiny.
Deadly Daddy.
A Hell Of A Ride.
(Not) Coping Mechanisms.
Deception & Delusions.
Traitorous Memories Of A Painful Past.
Timelines Jumble & Trouble.
A Helpless Kind Of Hope
Connected.
Treacherous Realities And Their Casualties.
Erasure.
Revelations.
A Little Gumption.
Reality Calling.
Transgressions.
Dust to be Distributed.
Ave, Atque, Vale.
Wasted Tears.
No Point In Running.
A little rest.
Epilogue

Heart Beasts.

452 17 3
By Darth_Rainbow_QoC

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

Current Present, Narnia
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

"Shhhhh." Lucie brought a hand to her lips, intimating the mouse to be completely silent as they approached the main doors of a large castle. Reepicheep and her had been eying the guards standing in front of the gate from afar, as she tried to come up with a good plan to take the both of them down.

The mouse rolled their eyes. "Allow me to show you, what I, can do."

Lucie raised both eyebrows with curiosity, smiling a little. "Go on, please." She said and watched him run toward the guards. The mouse easily disarmed both of them and sent them to the ground. Okay, he definitely was impressive. Lucie joined him laughing, lightly. "Wow." Reepicheep bowed slightly. She chuckled and picked up the two guards swords. "Now I seriously wonder how a mouse tied up two men." Reepicheep just winked at her. She chuckled and walked toward the castle's entrance.

Current Present, Beacon Hills
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

Jace was pacing in Deaton's office, he just couldn't stay calm. He was feeling utterly useless. He could help his family at home, nor the Pack here and he hated it. He ran his hands through his hair and groaned throwing his head back. Deaton chuckled softly. "You'll crick your neck."

Jace groaned. "Maybe. Then I'll iratze it and no more trouble." He said, looking at his knuckles. Furrowing his brows he noticed a missing rune on the back of his hand. Worry climbing in his throat, he pulled up his right sleeve, right in time to see a rune disappear. "Something's wrong..." He spoke. The runes shouldn't be fading away already. Not so soon. Carefully, he reached for the stele in his back pocket but it was gone. "But," Jace started to frantically rummage through his pockets, frowning. Out of frustration, he shrugged off the jacket, eyes stinging as he watched the rune on his arms fade away. "I..." He looked at Deaton, distress clear in his eyes.

Alas, the veterinarian had no idea of what to do, he wasn't used to deal with Shadowhunters. "Just. Breathe. We'll figure it out. And if we don't. Your family will. You'll be back home soon enough, okay?" Jace silently nodded and swallowed thickly.

Current Present, Narnia
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

"Hey, hey, hey, pretty one, where do you think you're going?" An unknown noble man said, snaking his left arm around Lucie's waist.

She bit the left corner of her bottom lip, restraining herself from elbowing him in the nose. A soft smile appeared on her lips. "My lord." She bowed slightly. "I am expected at this very moment."

"Where? Pray tell." He requested, his right hand founding its way around her throat.

She laughed softly. "Somewhere, you," She punctuated each word wby bumping his nose with her index, smiling softly but, oh so deceitfully. "Cannot go."

He threw his head back in a fit of laughter. "There is nowhere I cannot go in this castle as it belongs to me."

"Oh." Lucie said, her smile disappearing. "In that case..." She heaved a soft sigh before stomping on his toes as hard as she could, then elbowing him in the nose, squirming out of his grip. "King Caspian says 'Hi' to you, usurper." She said, smirking as he was holding his nose and kicked him in the stomach, sending him to the ground; before running away.

In a haste, the female took the first flight of stairs she saw, founding herself in the prison. "Of fucking course." Lucie said and groaned. The female shrugged her coat off her shoulders, revealing a snuggly fit bow and quiver atop her backpack. The female slid the bow over her shoulders before retrieving an arrow. Seamlessly and with the dexterity brought by sheer experience, she shot the guard there in the shoulder then in the knee. She had no intent to kill but as he screamed for help, another arrow went through his throat. "Is there anyone here?" She asked loudly, rushing past the body. No answer, only a metallic tic-tic. "I'm not enemy!" She loudly declared, making her way further in. "You know what they say, the enemy of my enemy and all that jazz." She tried, looking around. Finally, her eyes fell on a girl in a cell. "I'll get you outta here." She said and ran back to the entrance. Reaching for another arrow, she carefully grew closer to the entrance. As expected, another guard had come to check. He was currently crouching over the other guard's body. The female swallowed thickly but released the arrow, aiming for the guard's neck. She awaited to see blood trickle down his chin to walk closer, past the two men to retrieve the keys hanging on a wall.

The traveler then went to open the cell of the girl, who was oddly looking at the bow she was holding. It took her a few seconds to connect the dots. "It's yours isn't it?" She uttered softly, handing the bow to the girl who had nodded. "Wait," Lucie ran to the entrance again, with much less apprehension in her hasty pace, to get the coat before running back to the girl. Once she'd open the cell, she cautiously stepped in and put it on the girl's shoulder. "I figured this was yours too." She spoke, smiling softly. "Is there anyone else here?" The girl nodded and gestured to a door. "Alright. Wait for me here." Lucie said before walking toward the said door and cautiously unlocking it. As soon as she did so, a centaur reared up and ran out of the cell. Lucie's eyes widened in surprise. "Hey, hey, hey." She said, holding her hands up to show surrender. "I don't mean no harm, I promise." She swallowed hard. "I, how, how did you get down here?"

"Men tied me up and carried me." The centaur replied.

Lucie furrowed her brows, biting her bottom lip. "How will get up there then?"

The centaur sighed. "I don't know. Maybe I won't."

"Of course you will. I'm not leaving anyone behind. I'll take you to safety. I can promise you." Lucie said and reached for her backpack, pulling out her book. "Everybody hold up close to me. I'm gonna..." She shrugged. "Wing it." She laughed a little as she literally wrote 'Caspian's castle' wishing for the best and picturing the place in her mind as clearly as possible.

━ ✦ ━

It worked, somehow. They found themselves standing in the main hall, Caspian was walking toward them, a bottle of wine in a hand. He stopped walking as soon as his eyes landed on them, the bottle of wine crashing on the ground. "It, it," Tears started to fill his eyes. "It cannot be..." He took a small step toward them. His daughter closed the distance between them. They stood face to face, merely a few inches apart. Caspian slowly lifted up his right hand. "It cannot be." The King repeated, his fingers a centimeter away from his daughter's face, not quite willing to touch her yet, in case she was just a figment of his imagination. He wouldn't want to see her disappear. She smiled, tears filling her own eyes as she leant against the touch, softly kissing the palm of his hand. She wished she could've uttered a word, telling him that it was indeed her. But she had lost the ability to talk a long time ago. "It's you." He whispered, his hands now cupping her face. "It's truly you." He kissed her forehead, once, twice. And then pulled away, to admire her, taking in every detail of the face he had missed for so long.

Lucie smiled, tears of emotion filling her own eyes. "See that Reepi— shit!" She blurted out, way too loud. "I need to go back there. I forgot Reepicheep." She said, eyes widening with a certain shame. She'd abandoned a brother in arms. Not even thinking twice about it.

"I'll come with you." The centaur said. "I owe you my life."

The girl ferociously shook her head. "You do not owe me anything. Your life should only belong to you."

The centaur smiled. "It does, and I choose to put it at your service."

"So do I." Caspian spoke, before bowing slightly. "I pledge my allegiance to you, daughter of Eve, who brought me back my daughter."

Lucie shook her head, cheeks reddening. "No, no, no." She said. "You are the true King of this land. I would never and I could never rule anyone." She shrugged the bow and quiver over her shoulders. "I put myself at your service. If you'll have me."

Caspian smiled and nodded. "You do me great honor, daughter of Eve. I will take pride in fighting by the side of such a noble heart."

Lucie smiled, her cheeks definitely tinted in red. "Then we shall get going, if anything happens to Reepicheep, I will never forgive myself. Besides, you have and a kingdom to mend and a rule to restore."

Current Present, Beacon Hills
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

The only rune left of Jace's body was the parabatai one, he was tightly holding onto his link with Alec. Memories of so many nights where he had nightmares, and coincidentally Alec  had one too. He would slip into his bed and they would just talk, facing each other, until one would fall asleep. In the morning, they would find Izzy in between them. She had an habit of joining them in the middle of the night. Alec would instinctively scoot over and she would wrap an arm around Jace. Usually Jace would be the first to wake up, as silently as possible and go to the training room, needing to blow off some steam before joining them to breakfast. No one would talk about the night, but Izzy would've that small glint of mischief in her eyes yet they would remain incredibly fond. Alec would smile and hum a little. Robert and Maryse knew, but they never said anything, just glad all of their children were do close. Jace's eyes were tightly shut as he clung onto his precious memories. He just couldn't loose his link with Alec, their bond was too precious.

Current Present, New York
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

Alec's eyes were tightly shut as he was laying into bed, trying to find Jace through their bond, to see if he was alright. But all he could see was him, him and Izzy in Jace's bed as they were young. Alec would pretend to have a nightmare and stick close to Jace, and where Alec went, Izzy usually followed. He knew Jace knew he didn't have any nightmares but no one ever said anything and the talks during those sleepless nights helped the three of them. Alec  also saw Jace, older, angrier, punching into a heavy bag, Valentine's words replaying in his head. He could feel Jace's inner turmoil. "To love is to destroy. To love is to destroy. To love is to destroy." He kept saying as he punched into the bag. All Jace ever feared was to be the one who would destroy Alec. He couldn't allow himself to do that. Alec deserved better. Izzy too. They shouldn't love him. By now, tears were freely rolling Alec's cheeks. "Jace..." He rasped out, voice roughened by despair.

Current Present, Beacon Hills
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

Jace's eyes were still tightly shut, his body was shivering and yet he was feverish. Deaton had laid him down on a table in the backroom of the clinic. The veterinarian was watching the blond intently, applying a wet towel on his forehead every now and then.

Current Present, Narnia
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

"Finally. I almost waited for you." Reepicheep said as Lucie arrived, on a horse. The horn was tied up to his back. Lucie shook her head and chuckled, getting down and pulling him into a hug. The mouse smiled and hugged back. Caspian got on his feet as well, getting down from the horse. Reepicheep's eyes widened. "My King."

"Friend. I am your friend." Caspian said and took a deep breath. "I believe it is time for me to restore my rule as the King of the Telmarines. And I would take great pride is having you stand by my side."

Reepicheep smiled. "Always, my King. We have nothing if not belief and I never lost mine in you. My life is at your command." He bowed slightly, taking off the ring around his ear as if it was a hat, before putting it back.

Caspian smiled. "In that case, I will need you to go back at the castle and take care of my daughter for me while I am away."

Reepicheep frowned. "For how long?"

"A few hours if everything goes well." He answered, his fond smile disappear for a split second.

Reepicheep nodded. "I will see you tonight, my King." He said before climbing on the centaur's back with a little help.

Caspian glanced at Lucie. "Will you be my Marshall of the Lists?" She sighed but nodded, as both of them made their way inside the castle, holding their horse by the bridle. The atmosphere was rather thick and solemn and they made their way to the entrance of the castle. Caspian was announced and introduced, Lucie on his steps.

"You..."

Lucie grinned. "The usurper." She said, at the sight of the man with a bruised nose.

"I don't know what's holding me back from having both of you hanged."

Caspian cleared his throat. "I am calling upon the Telmarines traditions in order to prevent the abominable profusion of blood, I hereby challenge the usurper Gatàz, to single combat upon the field of battle. The fight shall be to the death. The reward should be total surrender."

"Tell me, sir Caspian—"

"King." He interrupted.

"Pardon me?"

"It's King Caspian actually. You should know, you, who stole my throne."

"Tell me, Sir Caspian, why would I accept such a proposal when I could just kill you right here and right now?"

"Well then, you should have little to fear." Caspian shrugged.

Gatàz scoffed. "This is not a question of bravery."

"So you're bravely refusing to fight a common drunkard?"

"I didn't say I refused."

"You shall have our support, your majesty." One of the men standing by his side said.

A counselor cleared his throat. "Sire, our military advantage provide the perfect excuse to avoid—"

"I'm not avoiding anything!"

"I merely pointing out on my Lord's behalf that he was within his right to refuse." The counselor amended.

"His Majesty would never refuse unless he relishes to show people the courage of their leader."

Lucie smirked at the words. Appealing to one's pride always did work wonders. And it proved efficient again when the usurper's features grew grim. "You should hope that your sword is as sharp as your tongue." Gatàz told Caspian.

"Sharper even." Caspian declared and grinned.

Current Present, Beacon Hills
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

"A-A" Jace struggled to let out a full word as he started to convulse.  He couldn't loose the person who'd embodied the feeling of home to him for so long. Jace's last rune left started to glow, along with his eyes. The angel blooded blond's heart stopped racing. Slowly, the fever started to subside as his eyes closed themselves.

Current Present, Seelie Realm
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

While Alec was still trying to find Jace through their bond, Clary and Isabelle went to see the Queen. The audience they had requested had been granted. The Queen had something particular in mind. She had laughed at their request for a Seelie to open yet another portal, but accepted still. As long as one of them was willing to play a little game. The two girls glanced at each other. "I will do it." Isabelle said. "Jace is my brother so it's normal for me to do it."

Clary shook her head. "I will do it. I owe it to Jace." She looked at her friend. "I know how strong you are, but please, let me do it." The redhead pleaded and Izzy nodded.

"How sweet." The Queen said, a signature smile on her lips. "We shall play then." She gestured for Clary to get closer to her as vines wrapped themselves around Isabelle's ankles. "You know how attached we, Seelies are to the truth, right?" Clary nodded. "Good. Because all I'm asking you to do is to play two truths, one lie. Lie to me Clarissa. Well enough to sound truthful. But, if I guess which one is the lie, then, she will be... Dead. Dead. Dead."

Clary swallowed thickly, a lump growing in her throat. "The first time I said 'I love you' to Simon, we were five, I meant that I was in love with him. But he didn't get it. That's when my crush on him disappeared. Well, until... Later." She licked her bottom lip. "I love Jace and Isabelle in two very different ways. And... I firmly believe that in another life, I was a dolphin."

The Queen chuckled. "You cheated. All truths."

Clary grinned. "Wrong."

"But I cannot be wrong..." The Queen smirked. "In that case, tell me, which one was the lie." She replied, all too pleased with the development.

Clary's grin faltered. She glanced at Izzy and then back at the Queen, she shut her eyes. "The second one."

The Queen laughed, a rather shrilling sound not fitting such an innocent and youthful face. "You are free to go, Jahni will come with you." She said, gesturing to a Seelie. "I am glad to see that you are no longer lying to yourself, daughter of Valentine. And even though I truly would want to witness the aftermath of what just transpired, I must bid you farewell."

Current Present, Narnia
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

Watching someone fight was... Infuriatingly frustrating. Lucie just wanted to get in the way and get the job done. The two men were gauging each other, dancing around each other like hungry predators. The clink of the swords smashed against each other as one would attack and the other parry were the only sounds that could be heard. The traveler was nervously chewing on her thumbnail, out of nervousness. Her eyes scanned the horizon, they were all standing in the middle of a grove, behind her Gatàz's castle was still discernible in between the leafs of high trees. The grass beneath their feet was of a, wet, vivid green. Beside her was standing Gatàz's marshall. A tall man with broad shoulders who, hopefully, knew better than to underestimate her. Caspian and Gatàz were moving swiftly, both accustomed to the way the other was fighting. The latter lunged forward, but Caspian countered. Their swords were crossed, faces merely a few inches from each other. "You filthy animal." Caspian said as Gatàz drew out a small dagger and stabbed him in the stomach. Caspian drew in a sharp breath and kicked the other man in the stomach.

"He's cheating!" Lucie yelled. "It's not fair!"

"No, it's not. It's war."

Lucie glared at the man before running toward Caspian. "Don't." He implored before pulling out the dagger himself.

"But you got hurt. I—"

He stopped her, raising a hand up. "This is my battle." He said and ran toward the other, with the rage of a man who has nothing else to loose but hope by his side. Gatàz deflected his opponent's blade out of the way but Caspian used the opening and punched him in the face. His moves were no longer calculated but wild and unpredictable, making it hard for his opponent to decipher him.

"You're a mess." Gatàz said, cluelessly parrying a faint and creating an opening for a real attack.

Caspian chuckled. "No. I'm winning." He answered before stabbing the other man in the stomach; thrusting his sword deep enough for it to get stuck. Gatàz fell onto his knees, mouth wide open as blood started to trickle from it. Caspian's smile disappeared as he watched life leave the other man's body. "May whomever you believed in have mercy on you." He said, his left hand founding their way to his own wound, clutching it.

Lucie was about to run to him when the Marshall came from behind and wrapped a hand around her throat. "Why does everyone believe I'm vulnerable?" She asked herself before elbowing the man in the ribs to squirm out of his grip and turned around. "I know I'm a short girl, but still. Underestimating me is so stupid." She punched him in the throat, sending him to the ground, choking. She then ran to Caspian. "Time to take back what's rightfully yours, King." He nodded, leaning on her as they made their way back to Gatàz's castle.

Current Present, New York
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

"Clary I..."

"Not now Iz. Now is not the time." She said, firmly and glanced at Jahni. The Seelie was silently following them to the Institute. Isabelle nodded and remained silent as well. They had a Seelie and a Warlock. They could bring Jace back. That is what mattered at the moment.

As soon as they made it inside the Institute, Isabelle went to her brother's room. Clary escorted Jahni to the room where Magnus had been preparing everything and went to her own room afterward. She was met with the sight of Simon as she pushed the door and just ran into his arms. He furrowed his brows but engulfed her in a hug nonetheless. She would speak when she would feel like doing so, for now, she could sob on his shirt all she wanted.

Izzy carefully reached for her brother's hand. "Alec... S'okay. We found a way to bring Jace back..." She said softly, her free hand running into his hair. "Just... Come back alright ? I've got my brothers' back, I swear." She kissed his forehead. "We're getting Jace back."

Alec slowly emerged from a sort of transe and his eyes fluttered opened. He sat up in his bed. "We're getting Jace back ?" Isabelle nodded, grinning. Alec promptly stood up and headed to the door, but Izzy stopped him, a hand resting on his bare chest. "You probably should put a shirt on first."

Alec's cheeks reddened. "Right. Sure. Shirt." He said and headed toward his closet. Izzy sat on his bed and chuckled.

Current Present, Narnia
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

"Long Live Caspian the Tenth, rightful ruler of the Telmarines. I kneel in front of you and on this floor, to swear my allegiance to you. May my sword serve your Majesty as long as thou will allow me to." The most powerful nobles and the King's advisors all said at the same time, as they kneeled in front of him, head hanging low.

Caspian smiled a little, solemnly, as he watched them all, still leaning on Lucie. "Thank you. All of you." He said, trying his best not to wince. "Could someone eventually show me the infirmary?"

"If your Majesty will allow me, I will gladly show them the way." A servant humbly spoke. Caspian nodded and glanced at Lucie who just smiled and nodded, letting the boy take over before walking out of the room. She followed them to the infirmary and waited 'till Caspian's wound had been cleaned and properly bandaged before she exited the room.

"Hold on!" The King called as she made her way outside.

Lucie turned around. "Yes?"

"What's your name?" Caspian asked.

"No need to try to remember something you're bound to forget." She said and smiled before walking out of the infirmary. She exited the castle and rode away, her clothes in her backpack, Jace's jacket on her shoulder and the wind in her hair. Lucie was dead set on enjoying this little freedom for the little while that it would last.

Current Present,
New York & Beacon Hills
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

When the portal finally opened itself, no one walked through. Alec frowned and stepped inside himself, he heeded to find his parabatai. "You're here." Deaton said. "Good. Come and help me." He said and led Alec to the room where Jace was.

Seeing as her brothers weren't back, Izzy walked through as well and was met with the sight of a shaking Jace, heavily leaning against Alec and Deaton for support. She ran to them and took Deaton's place. "What happened?" She asked.

"I don't know." Deaton honestly replied. "But I suspect that it must've been an effect of the Multiverse travel. Anything that shouldn't be in this world must be meant to disappear. Hence Jace would be human, not half angel."

Izzy frowned but nodded. "I hope we're not too late." She said and glanced at Alec before walking through the portal with Jace.

As soon as they were on the other side, Jace's runes started to return, faintly, at first. But it was visible that he was healing. Soon enough the three siblings found themselves in a rather awkward embrace, but it didn't matter. They had Jace back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 978 10
๐‘ฝ๐’†๐’“๐’†๐’„๐’–๐’๐’… / ver-I- kuhnd / Adjective 1. Bashful ; Modest _________________________________________ Being alone and always...
47.4K 1K 80
All imagines, preferences and drabbles about Teen Wolf, The Originals, The 100, Once Upon A Time, Shadowhunters and Vampire Diaries written by showan...
7.5K 335 6
H E A V E N L Y (หˆhevษ™nli) ADJECTIVE โ†ณ resembling or befitting heaven; blissful; beautiful โ€• โThey say that things happen for a reason but I don't be...
17K 790 50
๐’สœแด‡ ๐‡ษชแด…แด‡s ๐‡แด‡ส€ ๐“ส€แดœแด‡ ๐ˆแด…แด‡ษดแด›ษชแด›ส ๐…ส€แดแด ๐Œแดsแด› ๐แด‡แดแด˜สŸแด‡ ๐’สœแด‡ ๐‹แดแด แด‡s, ๐ˆษด ๐Žส€แด…แด‡ส€ ๐แดแด› ๐“แด ๐ƒษชsแด›แดœส€ส™ ๐“สœแด‡ษชส€ ๐แด‡แด€แด„แด‡า“แดœสŸ ๐€ษดแด… ๐Œแดœษดแด…แด€ษดแด‡ ๐‹ษชา“แด‡. ๐‡แด‡ส€ ๐‹ษชา“แด‡ ๐“สœแดแดœ...