Special |Heroes|

By Deya0302

Whenever I felt different my mother was there to comfort me, saying to stop being afraid. That I was special... More

Special
1.
2
3
4
5.
6.
8.
9.
10.
11

7

362 15 0
By Deya0302

PREVIOUSLY....

Sylar tilted his head aside, grinning creepily "I remember you" He telekinetically pushed Peter up against the wall next to me. I sucked in a deep breath as he walked closer but felt a slight sense of relief when he didn't pay attention to me. He grabbed Peter's chin. "You're like me, aren't you?" He turned Peter's head this way and that as he looked him over. "I'd like to see how that works"

Sylar raised his finger, starting slicing Peter's forehead.

"No" I gasped, struggling furiously against the telekinetic force watching by the corner of my eyes how Peter screamed in my ear as blood dripped down his eyes.

I watched helplessly how Sylar started killing someone else without me being able to do anything to help.

Sylar continued slicing open Peter's forehead but suddenly his smirk faded into a surprised frown.

I side glanced at Peter only to widen my eyes at the sight of his wound starting to slowly heal itself. 

Peter stopped screaming, breathing heavily staring at Sylar.

Sylar slowly lowered his hand, staring back at Peter. There was a dark look crossing over his features as he eyed the guy next to me. 

Suddenly, Sylar was thrown backward toward the bookshelf oppossite to us at the other end of the room. The bookshelf fell onto him, momentarily knocking him out.

Mohinder fell from the ceiling, hitting the floor with a thud now that Sylar got distracted. 

My air waves were suddenly getting more air and I fell down to the ground but I didn't touch the ground thanks to Peter who caught me before I could fall as he was also released from the telekinesis pinning him against the wall. 

"Are you okay?" Peter asked in concern. 

I coughed, massaging my throat but didn't take my eyes off Sylar who was now standing up at the other end of the room. 

Peter followed my gaze, setting me down on the ground gently and got up to his feet. 

I crawled to Mohinder, helping him up. 

Sylar glanced at us, clicking his tongue "No, No. I'm not done with them yet" he looked at Peter, starting to go after him only for Peter to vanish into thin air. 

I gaped at the last place I saw him. More abilities? How's that possible? 

Sylar looked around for Peter, smirking to himself "Interesting" He slowly raised his hand. "I can't wait to try that one" 

Mohinder and I watched in horror as broken pieces of glass rised along Sylar's hand.

Sylar paused, tilting his head aside listening. The pieces of glass glistened with the dim light coming from outside as those hovered in the air in front of him. 

Everything was dead silent as Sylar seemed to concentrate until he flickered his fingers pushing the glass away from him, shooting them outward like knives through the air.

I gasped, ducking out of the way, helping Mohinder do the same. My eyes widened hearing the sound of flesh tearing apart and Peter groaning. 

I looked bebind me, staring in shock at a single shard of glass hanging motionless in the air. Suddenly it turned covered with a red liquid. 

My eyes widened in disbelief, putting an arm around Mohinder's waist to prop him up and his arm around my shoulder.

We all watched silently at the place, suddenly witnessing Peter dematerializing right in front of us. The piece of glass being embedded in the back of his head. He fell to the floor with a thud.

"Oh, my God" I whispered, loosening my grip on Mohinder as he straightened up walking away from me toward the wall grabbing the map board. 

Sylar walked toward Peter, smiling contently seeming fascinated by him that he didn't notice Mohinder moving. 

Mohinder glared at him, running toward him at full force making him look up just in time for Mohinder raming the map board into Sylar, pushing him up against the wall and knocking him out cold. 

Mohinder got up and crawled over to Peter. "My God. Peter?"

But Peter didn't move. He didn't seem to be breathing.

I covered my mouth, silently crying. "Oh, my..."

Mohinder seemed to realize as well that it was too late, whispering sadly "Peter..." 

He looked up at me, sorrowfully.

I looked away crying, dropping my hands.

~8~

"We have to go, Rebecca" Mohinder told me a few minutes later. He gave a worried look down at Sylar, hurrying me to stand up. "We can't be here when he wakes up" 

Mohinder started picking Peter up on his arms. 

I stood, looking around "But your list... We can't have him either finding more people like me so he can kill them!"  

Mohinder licked his lips, nodding and spotting his laptop "Break it" he told me seriously "It's not safe for them. I found a way to do this list and I can do it again on the future" He nodded at me, picking up Peter's body, grunting while he did so "Break it Rebecca" 

I sucked in a breath, looking away not wanting to see Peter's dead body. I grabbed the laptop, throwing it to the ground and smashing it with my leg, stomping in it several times making sure it was completely broken.

I breathed heavily, backing away and without looking at Sylar I left the room. I shrieked startled meeting Mohinder outside the door once I opened it. He also seemed startled. 

"Where are we going?" I asked once he guided me outside and toward his car. 

I climbed inside the passanger seat, sucking in a deep breath seeing Peter's body wrapped in a blanket in the backseat.

Mohinder threw another one on top of him to hide his face before facing me as he turned on the ignition. His hands seemed to be shaking as he tried to remain calm. Probably to look strong in front of me and not stress me over

"I found his home address on his pockets. We have to inform his family" Mohinder said quietly. I nodded slightly, looking away. "I'm really sorry for dragging you into this, Ms. Sinclair"

I didn't answer, making him sigh and start driving.

~8~ 

It didn't take us long enough to arrive Peter's home. 

I stared wide eyed at the manor. "This is his home?" 

Mohinder passed a hand through his head, messing with his curly hair giving a nod "Wait here"

"Oh, no" I grabbed his arm, stopping him, looking at him seriously. "You're not leaving me with a dead body" 

I climbed out of the car, gulping as I waited for him to walk up to the front door. 

Mohinder sighed silently, pressing his finger on the bell buttom. 

We waited for a few seconds seeing a woman pause as she watched from the glass door before she opened it.

Her eyes scanned Mohinder first as he stood in front of me, "Mrs. Petrelli?" 

"Yes" The woman said, nodding curly. 

Mohinder swallowed, sighing slightly "I'm so sorry. It's Peter"

Her eyebrows furrowed, straightening up becoming serious "What about him?"

Mohinder didn't know how to proceed, stating carefully "I found this address in his wallet. I didn't know where else to go..... I couldn't leave him. He's..."

Seeing as Mohinder was struggling, I placed a hand on his shoulder, taking a deep breath and walking forward, standing right next to him. Mrs. Petrelli looked at me in calm cautiousness, seeming slightly shocked. "We're so sorry, Mrs Petrelli. Peter's dead"

~8~

Being on a dead man's house even if living people were still there was still uncomfortable. Mohinder had brought Peter's body inside, placing him on a settee. His eyes were clouded white and there was still blood on his forehead we hadn't bother on cleaning, too upset for touching his dead body. 

"He was killed, murdered" Mohinder explained quietly to the distraught mother, who was hovering in front of Peter, having been stunned into silence after telling her about her son's state "Trying to save my life and Rebecca's. I was in over my head and-"

"Get out of here" Mrs. Petrelli suddenly cut him off without looking up. She seemed to struggle on not crying as she stared at her son.

Mohinder blinked startled "I'm sorry?"

Mrs. Petrelli's lip trembled slightly as she repeated hersef "Please leave ... now"

I gulped starting to back away as well, following Mohinder when Mrs. Petrelli's voice stopped me "You can stay, Ms Sinclair"

I froze, staring at Mohinder wide eyed. How did she know my name?

Mohinder gave me a reassuring look before walking out of the foyer.

A blonde girl walked down the stairs, following Mohinder with her eyes before looking to the side, catching me standing like a deer caught in headlights on the living room's doorframe. I flashed an awkward look. 

She briefly smiled at me in welcoming before looking over my shoulder, her face morphing into a shocked expression "Peter..."

I avoided looking at her eyes, biting my lip sadly for her, noticing she was starting to mourn right there.  

I heard a stiffled sob from behind me and I slowly turned around seeing Mrs Petrelli putting her head down on Peter's chest starting to cry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 7K 32
They say you don't remember a lot from when you are young. That all you have are feelings and emotions. But I know that isn't true. I remember my mot...
498K 10.7K 51
-i hate you so much, but you're good in bed- this story is about y/n and the avengers. she hates the new super soldier that joined the avengers tower...
439 1 26
I am normal. Or at least I thought I was. I didn't think I was special. I didn't know I could be someone else. Someone who's not me. Someone who's ma...
6.9K 73 38
I was told once by my parents that a beautiful and powerful woman lived and saved the world, and mama told me one day, I'll be just as powerful as on...