Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
The First Gift to The Bride
Problems- Just a beginning
The (Mis)Understanding
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
A spark
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight
The Good News
A Bitter News
The Hamsa Naava
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Kanna Nidurinchara
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
The War Begins!
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
The Fall of The Evil
Doubts and Determination
The King and Queen
The Mahamantri
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
A Story to tell
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

The Zaveri Nagar Mela

1.3K 62 13
By Meenu_Panda

Amma! Who were the tribes?

Devasena came out of her past thoughts as she heard her son. She looked down at her son's frown, that was just as beautiful as her husband. She smiled.

"Whom do you think Mahendra?"

Mahendra's eyes widened as did Sanga's and her husband's who were standing there with glassy eyes, as they heard the story of their Shivudu and his courageous and righteous parents.

"Kaani memu eppudu.."

Sanga asked her question that was in her husband's mind too.

"You never saw us, as we left before you could come and join your people, after gaining health from your delivery"

Devasena explained. Sanga thought of the time, when her just born baby died which was happening for a 3rd time. With that shock itself, it took her much time to get healthy. Her husband nodded his head, as he remembered his people mentioning a Dhora and his wife staying with them for a few days.

"Attagante.. Aa dhora..?"

"Mahendra's father, my husband,Maharaja Amarendra Baahubali"

Devasena said nodding her head, as she understood Sanga and her husband's questions. She thought of the time, when they both had nothing but were happiest people in the world. The small small things that could give them pleasure. Her eyes teared up just thinking about it.

"And we all thought you both were in our hideout Devasena!"

Naayaka looked at Devasena admonishingly for which Devasena chuckled. Only he could take that tone with her apart from her husband.

"He was in danger. So I preferred travelling than sitting in one place"

"Only you could be so impulsive! You know how dangerous it could.."

"Naayaka.. it's over and done. All the dangers were at one place and it only took one moment to defeat my husband. What do you think? I care? now?"

Kattappa and Naayaka sighed, understanding the rage in Devasena's voice.

"But you were right. We did face an enemy. But a completely different one. Which led to one big friendship, that never saw the daylight"

"Whom are you talking about Devasena?"

"Wahab Khan Naayaka. Who else? The uncrowned King of Zaveri Nagar Mela or just the trader community"

Naayaka looked as if he wanted to kill someone and that only made Devasena chuckle more. Kattappa was confused.

"How many times have I told you not to get into business with that man?"

"I had work in Zaveri nagar"

"YOU DID!"

"Amma!"

Mahendra's irritated voice brought them back from their little argument and made them laugh. Devasena eyed Naayaka to tell about her stunts against that man, while her thoughts went back to the day when she and her husband reached the Mela in disguise.

It was a bright day and the Mela was on full swing. Amarendra, who had tied Baadshah and Veera behind their tent stood in front of Devasena, who was covering her face except for her eyes. She was already dressed in Men's riding dress.

"This is ridiculous. Devasena! Think once again! There is no need for this."

Devasena turned and glared at Amarendra with her hands on her hips.

"Never try to change my decisions! This is important"

"Then I will go!"

"Do you know whom to meet?"

Amarendra sighed.

"Ayithe ikkade Baadshah Veera ki thodu ga undandi. Just stay here with Baadshah and Veera. I will be back within moments"

"Of all the women, I had to fall for this one!"

Amarendra muttered hearing her patronising order. BAdluck! devasena came and poked his chest with her finger.

"Oh you did! So there is no turning back now! You have to tolerate me the whole life"

Amarendra chuckled, as he saw the red hue of anger spread from her neck to cheeks. He held her wrist and pulled her, making her fall on his chest. Putting his finger beneath her chin, he made her eyes meet his.

"I would do anything to have these eyes look at me for my whole life. YOu know"

He whispered looking deep into her orbs that went wide. For a moment, she thought she was going to give in. But Baadshah's squeal got her out of the desire web, her husband had woven around her. Bringing her hands on his chest, she pushed him and turned around and rushed out. Amarendra winced playfully looking at her sashaying hips. But Devasena knowing his exaggerating manner did not stop but went on.

Amarendra went to Baadshah and caressed his mane and he gave him his sugar treats and spread his feed on the ground there.

"Enti ra baadshah. You had to break the moment"

Baadshah snorted but squealed, when he felt a push from Veera. Amarendra chuckled and went on caressing Veera and gave her treat and feed.

"Looks like you are controlling him good eh Veera?"

This time Veera snorted and Baadshah nudged Amarendra, making him laugh. He was getting used to this freedom and with his disguise as a Pathan, he knew that no one would identify him. Pulling his turban tail over his face, he tapped both his pets and ran out of their living tent to look for his stubborn wife.

In Maahishmati..!

Rajamata.. Rajamata!

Sivagami looked up from her Siva pooja to see a very tensed Chandrika standing down the stairs. Praying to Parmeshwarudu once again, she finished her ritual and stepped down to stand in front of Chandrika.

"Enti? You know I don't like to be disturbed during my pooja right?"

Though her tone was scolding, she did not forget to give her the prashad.

"Rajamata"

Sivagami kept the prashad back and turned.

"Enti?"

"You should hear this Rajamata! Anartham"

"Tell it clearly. What is happening? What should I hear?"

Chandrika looked around. Sivagami understood it was something really important or something so bad. Else, Chandrika was not someone to hesitate about telling anything. Sivagami moved closer and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"We are alone Chandrika! If you want more privacy, we can go to my study"

But Chandrika just shook her head.

"I want you to see and hear something. Please come with me thalli"

Saying so, Chandrika led the way and they were soon in public area of the palace. Then Chandrika led them to a place, where many women were doing various jobs like cleaning and storing the grains, saree coloring and such.

Chandrika made Sivagami stand in a place, so that they were hidden and signalled her to listen to the Conversation of the ladies.

"I am not interested in gossips Chandrika"

"Kaastha vinandi thalli. Just listen"

Chandrika pleaded and both stood to listen.. the hell breaking loose above them.

"Kamalamma, Vinnava? That our Queen, whom we thought to be perfect wife to our king, is not the woman we thought of"

"Vinnanu Parimala. Maharaja could have waited. Enti Shantamma?"

"Avunavunu. Who would have thought? But Rajamata should have known"

Sivagami looked at Chandrika, who nodded with a painful look on her face.

"How could anyone have known Shantamma? Her whole kingdom is still a big question mark for many of us"

"But still can't believe a woman can be so.."

"Didn't you see? She was surrounded by men. The way she moves.. It's all not like anything a woman like us would do"

"Hmm! You are right Parimala. But still.."

"Can't believe she turned out to be a characterless woman. A Cheap adulterer.. Don't swallow the words Kamala"

"No wonder Maharaja descended the throne and went away from Maahishmati taking her along with him.."

Nothing else registered in Sivagami's mind. She heard what she wanted to hear and that was well enough to set her insides in a war. Of course, she knew these gossips were nothing but baseless. But they say that there is no smoke without a fire and anyone who would hear these conversations will come to a conclusion that will tarnish everything she had worked for, Maahishmati's welfare.

She kept walking from the place, paying no heed to Chandrika's calls. She went straight out and disappeared in a turn. Chandrika stood on understanding the pain her Rajamata was going through.

WHERE IS SHE?

Amarendra was at the peak of his frustration by the time he reached the other end of mela, searching for his wife who had managed to escape his circle. Damn! he always knew where she was. But he could not find in this crowd. Amarendra wanted to pull his hair. But there was no need for that as he saw her behind a stall talking to someone. Amarendra slowly walked to the spot in cat's pace and he heard his wife's agitated voice.

"Sumantha! I don't want excuses"

"I know Rani Devasena! But.."

"I just said, No excuses! I can't believe that you people are yet to get to the core of this. I thought I had the best people undercover!"

"You have! But it's like stepping into a web Rani Devasena! You got to know what happened to Bhargava right? We had to send him back to Kunthalam to get him treated."

Amarendra heard her sigh.

"I know! But we cannot just wait anymore. With every moment we delay, it's his life that is becoming more prone to danger Sumantha!"

"I know Rani Devasena! I am not saying that there is no information at all! But I am saying that it's not enough.."

"You are telling me that now? What do you know?"

"Just that the order came from a person, who belongs to a royal family that is no where connected to Maahishmati. At least for now."

"Now?"

"Long back, the family was ruling a part of the empire and paid tax to the empire. But when King Vikramadeva died, there was revolt and the main head of this family then was also part of it, due to which he was killed and the family was asked to leave the place."

Amarendra thought about the revolt Kattappa had once told him of, when he was being trained. He remembered Kattappa telling that the family was asked to leave Maahishmati but were given gold and land in some other place, so that they were not left hanging. Amarendra frowned, thinking about the family turning up now. And whom was Devasena trying to protect?

"Old enmity is something that is worse than aged poison Sumantha. After knowing this, I am not waiting anymore. Either you get me the information soon or I start digging up myself. You know which is better for you."

Amarendra saw her handing a bag of coins to the man, whose voice Amarendra heard.

"Here Sumantha. For expenditures! Less than fortnight is all you have. It's 7 days past Amavasya and before the coming full moon, I want all the information!"

Amarendra heard rustling and understood that the man had departed. But before he could even move, his ears were being pulled.

"Ouch!"

He knew who had the guts to do this to him. Amarendra straightened himself and faced the person, his wife!

"So.. Eavesdropping eh? What has the Great Maharaja Amarendra Baahubali reduced to?!"

Amarendra gave one sheepish smile.

"Athi.. Deva.."

"Don't even try to evade with that smile of yours. I asked you to stay back right?"

"And you expected me to?"

This man.. He had the audacity ask this and also Smile! That crooked smile of his! Now it was Devasena's turn to be at the peak of exasperation.

"So.."

Before she could say anything more, both of them heard a cry and rushed to the front, to see a small boy standing all alone and crying as a man was trying to rob the jewels the boy was wearing. Both of them rushed to the boy that scared off the petty thief and looked around to see if anyone were with him. Devasena studied the boy and understood that the boy was from a wealthy family. Amarendra came to the same conclusion too. Devasena carried the boy in her arms and tried to calm him down.

"Shh! Ooruko Nanna!"

Amarendra chuckled. Devasena scowled.

"I think he won't understand. Going by his dressing the boy is a pathan Deva!"

"To show concern, language does not matter"

Devasena retorted hotly, which only made Amarendra's grin wider.

"Many other things also don't need language or words"

"I am not even answering you. First, we have to find this boy's family."

Devasena walked a few steps. But as she was not used to all this child caring or carrying, she struggled. Amarendra, who was well aware of his wife's every move, was beside her in a moment and took the boy in his arms. The boy must be some 4 to 6 years of age. He was all cute and the turban on his head only made him more cute. Devasena smiled at the picture her husband was making with the boy in his arms. Was it too soon?

They both reached another part of the mela and were astonished at the sight that welcomed them. Well, at least Amarendra was. Devasena was not at all new to this. But this time she was not going to just walk away.

Because in front of their eyes, Wahab Khan was actually kicking a person, as if he was some animal. Even animals were not treated this way in best part of the world.

Amarendra was about to charge when he saw his wife doing the same already.

"Wahab Khan se Gustakhi? Bhaari padegi"

The man took out a sword and placed it on the man's neck but before he could do anything, he felt Devasena's hands on his. Her hold was so strong, that trying to free his hands was next to impossible. The hold grew stronger until he released his sword. The sword fell with a clung on the stony ground. Khan turned with his raging red eyes to the interferer, only to meet a pair of much fierce ones.

"How dare you? Himmat kese hui"

Khan spat the words as he charged to attack her. But studiously Devasena moved aside and held his hand twisted behind him.

"Never ask about my daring Wahab Khan. Learn to respect humans for what they are. Not everybody tolerates you and your nonsensical treatment. At least not me."

"Do you think I will be defeated by a woman?"

That man had it in him to talk like that when he was in her hold. Amarendra, who knew what was going to happen, chuckled shaking his head. Just as he expected, Devasena kicked behind his knees, making him kneel and gave one slap on his nape, making him howl in pain.

"Never underestimate a woman Wahab Khan! Now.."

And today was not her day. She was again cut in middle, as the boy in Amarendra's arms wriggled calling..

"Abbu.."

Amarendra let the boy down, who ran straight to Wahab and hugged his neck. Devasena frowned. Amarendra just waited.

"Beta Aslam?"

Wahab with difficulty managed to talk. The boy cried all over him, while Wahab soothed him rubbing his back and caressed his hair.

"Where were you beta?"

Amarendra came forward this time.

"On the other end of the Mela being robbed by someone."

Wahab gasped and ran his eyes over his son from his head to toe.

"Nothing happened. We were there on time"

Devasena's voice had a cynical ring to it. With difficulty Wahab came to his feet, carrying his son and turned to Devasena.

"Muaaf karna! Thanks for saving my son. He is everything to me. If not for you.."

"Oh well. No one would save him, after knowing he is your son. Don't worry"

Again devasena made a sarcastic statement. Amarendra gave her one look, that made her scowl.

"If you treated everyone well, no one would harm you or your people Khan saab! Try to remember that in future. So now that your son is safe, we will take your leave. And please don't mind my wife's little treatement. She is a bit.. Well.. She can't stay put in such situations. Devasena padha. Khuda hafiz"

Amarendra was about to turn around with Devasena by his side, when Devasena halted. Amarendra raised his brow and Devasena looked down. The little boy was tugging her saree. Devasena knelt down to the boy's height and was immediately in his hold. The boy threw his arms around her neck.

"Sukriya Mi"

Though she did not understand the language, Devasena understood what the boy was addressing her. Like her hands had their own mind, they went around and held the little boy's body to hers and revelled in the feel.

Amarendra who watched everything clearly could only think of another little boy or girl doing the same to Devasena. She would make a wonderful mother. Sooner or later... did not matter.

By this time, Wahab was beside them and pulled his son to him. Amarendra clearly noticed the disappointment in her face, as she stood up.

"Beta Aslam. You are not supposed to do that. She is not your Ammi. Chachi bolo! Muaaf karna behen. He doesn't have mother and does not get along with my wife."

"Ahh! Its nothing. He is just a kid Khaan saab. It was nice knowing the little Khan saab. What say?"

He asked the boy, as he knew that Devasena was not in a state to say anything. The boy smiled and nodded, making everyone smile.

"You have a great help. Please do accept my invitation to my place. I am not taking no for an answer. You have returned me my world"

"You pour your life over him but do not respect other's life. Irony much!"

And Devasena made a comeback. Amarendra shook his head. Wahab Khan was looking ashamed.

"Money and power could make a man do anything Behen"

He said shaking his head. Devasena and Amarendra, who knew that very well, could only nod.

"Everyone needs a lesson, that would knock them and make them see right. I got mine. Not everyone are born beasts Behen. So please do come and dine with us"

Amarendra looked at Devasena, who looked at the boy who was there by her side again hugging her legs. She caressed the little boy's head, as he looked up at her and smiled. Amarendra smiled too.

"Ok Khan Saab. I am Amara by the way and she is Deva. We are from Marthandapuri."

"You know me. This is my only son Aslam. Arey Kasim. Make arrangements for the food"

He moved ahead, as he ordered his servants. Amarendra waited for Devasena to move. But she bent, took Aslam in her arms and then only took a step forward. Amarendra moved closer to her and whispered in her ears.

"Enti Rani Devasena garu? Giving my place readily to someone else?"

"Seriously? You are getting jealous of a 5 year old kid?"

"Still..!"

"You are impossible. Do you know that?"

"Do you have anything new to say?"

Devasena chuckled, shaking her head. Amarendra grinned.

"But I have"

Devasena looked at him with question in her eyes.

"What if I want another girl in my arm?"

Devasena was shocked.

Devasena came back to present, as she saw her son pacing in front of her with rage clearly showing in his every step. Devasena raised her brow in question to Naayaka.

"The gossips Rani Devasena"

Said Naayaka. Devasena just shook her head. Mahendra came and knelt in front of her.

"When that good for nothing fellow was blabbering nonsense about you, every drop of my blood was boiling Amma and they were all.."

Devasena put her hand on his shoulder.

"Shantam Nana Mahendra. We cannot take the barks of stray dogs seriously. But back then, I had no idea about all the things that were going behind our backs. We were not in communication with Naayaka, who was the only source of our information from Maahishmati."

"But how can they? How did all this.."

"Even we had too many questions Nanna Mahendra! Which glared at us when we were celebrating the happiest moment of our life."

Devasena's eyes welled up again. Kattappa hung his head, while Naayaka had murderous look on his face. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648K 33.8K 105
Highest Rank: #25 in Fanfiction #31 in Romance WHEN MR.RUDE MEETS MS.LOVE He doesn't believe in Love and Marriage. He...
11.1K 844 7
[#1 in Baahubali on 11 April 2021 | #1 in Devasena on 21 April 2021] "You are naive!" Princess Devasena spat at her fiance. "Naive and unsuspecting...
49.3K 2.7K 34
What if there was a twin of Shrutakarma and that too a GIRL? What if she was ignored by her parents? What if she got the fatherly love from the perso...
333K 19.7K 60
He is a billionaire....The most eligible bachelor of town... Handsome, hardworking and ofcourse the dream of many girls...He was the most happiest pe...