AWAKENING

By nikkihershell

#1 on the billionaire hot list (May 16) Avery Tanner's life is about to change when she saves a young man fro... More

Here Now, Gone Tomorrow
Always On My Mind
Hocus Pocus
Breaking The Rules
Mr. Rude
Triggered
Flashes
Only My Bestie
Head Rush
Baffled And Beat
Dead Man Walking
Coast Is Clear
The Hacinda
My Little Captive
Breaking Free
A Cry For Help
Beg Baby Beg
Temperamental Cocktails
Rags To Riches
Secrets In The Dark
The Final Goodbye
Ain't No Sunshine
Welcome Home
Just A Dream
Without A Trace
Sorry
The Last Icebreaker
First Time For Everything
Fast Time's
Thing's Fairytales Are Made Of
Camelot Falls
update
Eye Witness
I'm Not Alone
Early Release
Loco B
It Ain't Me No More
Return To The Hacinda
Warrior Princess
Can You Breathe
Severo's Mistake
Scheming Deamon
Severo's Venom
Make A Move
Forgive, Never Forget
Not In The Near Future
Vegas Queen
The True Test
Steamy Truths
But I'm The Princess
Reach For Me, Please
Fool Me Once, Fool Me Twice
Timing Is Always Off
Just Ain't Happening
Ta Da
Wedding Crasher
Mr&Mrs
Sending My Love
Marriage Life
Awakening The Devil
Dead Lines
Up To My Neck
Protector
Back At It
Moving On
The Meeting
Men And Their Deals
It's A Girl
hmmmmm
Who Would Have Thought
Happy Valentine's

Torturing The Truth

36.1K 1.5K 94
By nikkihershell

Waking up late, I found myself having a menacing headache. I didn't lay myself down until the wee hours of the morning. My night was spent in the basement working over Darius and his men and I still didn't have the answers I sought.

Darius begged and pleaded for his life, insisted that it wasn't him. He did admit to being sore over the meeting, but wouldn't place a attempt on my life. The funny thing about it was that I knew he was involved. Not only was he in town, but I recognized his men's voices. There was no way out for any of them.

Sitting up slowly, I buzzed the kitchen and commanded that by breakfast be brought up by Avery. I've never allowed her to enter my personal quarters but I was in the mood for a bit of taunting. Assuming if I lied and said that Darius told me her part, she'd break and finally admit to her deceitful deeds.

However, I was in for a shock when my head kitchen and replied. "Mr. Marietta, the girl did not report for duties this morning".

"What the fuck do you mean she didn't report?"

"I'm sorry Sir, but she isn't here."

"Where the fuck is she then?"

"Sir, please forgive me, but I assumed you had her previously occupied with another task".

The fuck do I pay these people for I thought rubbing my forehead roughly. I didn't waste another second to chat, I simply hung up. I'll deal with my disobedient employee later, for now I want Avery and a explanation as to why she didn't report for her duties. Slipping my earpiece in so I could connect with Tallon while I freshened up, I waited for him to answer.

"Sup". He said with a mouthful of whatever he was eating.

"Go to Avery's room and tell her she is to immediately report to my office".

I didn't wait for a reply, instead I disconnected and went about brushing my teeth. Just as I gave my last minty spit, my earpiece vibrated.

"Yea". I said as I walked into my closet.

"Man, she isn't there". Tallon confirmed.

What the hell is going on, I pondered. There's no way she escaped. For one, she knew what happened at her first attempt. Second, she knew escape was near inevitable, and last there was guard's everywhere. No she wouldn't have done that. More than likely she's hiding about the house somewhere trying to skip out on her duties.

"Search the area and drag her to my office". I said to Tallon with a note of irritation in my voice. As if I didn't have enough going on. Now this girl wants to play willy nilly.

Stalking from my room, I made my way to my office. Before I could exit from my private quarter's I bumped into Carmen. I inwardly groaned at my luck. These women will be the death of me I'm sure. Now wasn't the time to deal with Carmen and the dramatics she swam in. Seeing no possible way to avoid her, I put on a endearing smile and placed a kiss to her forehead.

"Severo, we need to discuss wedding arrangements".

Trying to hide my less than enthused attitude, I simply said. "Choose what you like love. It's your day after all. I'm fine with whatever decisions you make. Just bill it all to me, okay?"

She nodded with a bright smile.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have some rather important issues to contend with".

As I started to walk off Carmen called. "Did you discover anything with Darius yet?"

Alittle perplexed as to her interest I hesitated momentarily before answering. "I'm still working on it. Now I really must get going".

"Have you disposed of that girl yet?"

"Carmen, really now isn't the time.".

With that said, I hustled on out leaving her standing in my hall. No sooner than I sat behind my desk and switched my computer on to skim my e-mails my earpiece went off again. Knowing it was Tallon, I answered with a question.

"Where was she?"

"Umm, I think we may have a issue Severo".

I didn't like the sound in his faltering tone. "What do you mean by issue. Explain?" I hissed.

"She can't be found anywhere. Not inside nor the grounds. No one's seen her since yesterday".

"The fuck you telling me? I have a fortress here. No one can get in or out without being spotted".

Slamming my pen down, I ran my hand through my unruly hair and huffed. "Meet me in the security room in five".

I slung my earpiece off and it landed somewhere on the floor. Slamming out of my office I took the stairs two at a time. A few men nodded or spoke but I ignored them in my race to check my surveillance cameras.

Busting into the security room, Pete, my head of surveillance jumped from his chair knocking his coffee over. Rolling my eye's, he spoke hurriedly as he looked for something to clean his mess up. It was rare for me to enter this room so he knew my presence wasn't a good sign.

Putting aside the pleasantries, I got straight to the matter at hand.

"Seems there's possibly been a breach in security. Pull up footage from last night and I'll start from there". I demanded rather harshly as Tallon rushed into the room winded.

We scoured the video but didn't see anything amiss. I reran a second time and caught a odd glitch. "Zoom in and slow the feed down" I barked out.

Peering closing I growled. "Son of a bitch. She's out, she did it".

Rewinding, I pointed it out to them. "Watch, she darts from the secret door, ducks behind the car and follows it out".

Slamming my fist down on the table I seethed. "Tallon, gather a team and scour the desert and roads. Also send me the guard's that was so careless last night as well as that maid a d chauffeur who was so careless as to reveal that door".

Breathing in, I pointed my finger at Pete. "As for you, I'll deal with you later. There is no excuse as to why you didn't catch this on cam last night".

Stalking from the room, I needed to release some steam so I made my way to the basement. Walking right up to Darius, I delivered a blow to the side of his head.

Snarling, I spat. "Seems your little accomplice has ran off, but don't fret, I'll have her returned then you both will have hell to pay".

Seeking out a wood burning device, I heated it up and slowly approached him. Immediately he started wirthing around in his restraints. "Now pray, tell me how much you paid her?"

"Severo, I would never betray you. You must believe me. I have no clue as to what your saying".

Not liking his reply, I inched the heated tip toward his pretty face. As I was about to make some artwork upon his clear skin, I heard a chuckle from one of his men. Turning my attention to him I sneered. "What's so funny, your next".

I moved toward him and could see that he was near his last breath from the beatings amongst the other atrocities that had been forced on him from my men. Taking what strength he had left he smirked and choked out.

"Your a fool".

"Why is that you piece of shit?"

He gave a weak laugh. "My boss is innocent. He knew nothing of this. It was I, working with a few other's to bring forth your demise. There was never some girl watching over you. When word reached us that your death hadn't been confirmed, we spent every hour hunting you. No, there was no girl babysitting you, if anything she saved you from us. Never was Darius in on this".

Feeling as if someone had punched me in the gut, I stared at him trying to digest what all this meant. I could here Darius cursing this bastard for getting him mixed up in all this sordid craziness. Jerking him up by his bloodied collar, I demanded.

"Who the fuck are you working with?"

He grinned and gurguled. "You'll never know". Then his body fell limp as his vacant eye's stared into nothingness. His soul had left his body and I was still left with so many unanswered questions. The main one was standing out like a sore thumb... Avery, what have I done.

Phoning Tallon, I ordered him back immediately. Ten minutes later he entered. "See to it that Darius is released and sent to our doctor as well as compasated for his time and our misjudgment".

Looking at Darius I apologized and promised to make amends but that I needed him to help uncover who his guy was working for.

Flexing my neck to relieve some stress, I asked Tallon. "Any word on the girl?"

"No. Not a trace".

"She's innocent". I mumbled and recivied Tallon' s I told you so look. Brushing it off, I stated. "Have the men continue the search and no harm is to come to her. That is a order".

Trudging back to my office I carried the weight of a thousand world's or was that guilt. I wasn't sure because I wasn't accustomed to feeling guilt or any sort of remorse for that matter. Before I could reach my office my phone buzzed and I readily answered.

"Yes".

I said no more as I heard one of my connections ramble on, giving me the news I wanted to hear. Wasting no time, I ordered a car to be readied for me in five.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 7.8K 39
If the mafia was a person you'd call it, Louis Valentino. He's a cruel and heartless mafia boss but a GOD in bed. What happens when he sets his eyes...
1M 26.2K 66
(COMPLETED) Antonio Giordano, for what I've known him, he was a vicious and dangerous Capo of Chicago city. After the death of his father he got to l...
397K 5.5K 58
The failure to put trust into a stranger's words and a simple act of judgement became the catalyst for a tragic night. Arabella's pleasant life becom...