Reunited

By Chronicsunshine

Just when we thought it was over, destiny was determined to show us otherwise. More

✰Author's Note✰
✰1✰
✰2✰
✰3✰
✰5✰
✰6✰
✰7✰
✰8✰
✰9✰

✰4✰

267 17 15
By Chronicsunshine

✰Zach's Pov✰
Song for the chapter: feat_yagirl-"I Cried 4 You"

"Who were you talking to?" James asks as he strolls over to the table, seeing that I had just got off the phone.

"Daniel and Jack, it was an emergency." I chuckle for no reason at all. The date went so well after all we spent almost two hours just talking.

"Oh, are you ready to go?" He asks looking at me.

"Yeah, actually," I start and then sigh. I didn't want my time with him to end just yet. "I'm having a great time with you." I blurt out. He laughs as we stand and intertwined our hands.

"And I'm having a great time with you too Zach," I'm blushing madly. How does he have this affect on me. "If you want we can do something else." He says as we exit. He opens the passengers side door for me and shuts it once I'm seated. He then jogs over to the other side and gets in as well.

"Well what else can we do?" I ask.

"I have a lot in mind," He says eyeing me up and down. I shove him aside with a giggle. "I kid, I kid. Well it's only noon-ish how about a movie?" He suggests.

"Alright, but I get to pick." I say securing my seatbelt. He starts the engine and turns to me.

"Anything for you, baby boy."

•✰•

"And where have you been all day?" Jack questions the second I enter the house.

"Nice to see you too." I say sarcastically as I headed straight upstairs.

"It's going on night time and you left at like eleven in the morning." He says following behind me.

"Oops?" I giggle. "We just had some coffee, talked a lot, saw a movie, and lost track of time after he insisted on taking me out for dinner as well." I shrugged. "He's also an amazing kisser."

"Zachary," He sighs.

"What? He is." He rolls his eyes at me. "And can you believe he paid for everything? I told you some give sugar without getting sugar!" I sang wriggling my brows.

"Oh my God." Jack sighs for the millionth time.

"Anyways what have you guys been doing?" I say as I hang up my jacket.

"Nothing really except eating junk food and watching horror movies." He shrugs.

"I'll join you guys."

"Alright," Jack exits as I change into some pajamas for the night. After I'm all done I go downstairs to join the rest of them. Jack and Daniel were off in the kitchen and Corbyn was snoring on the single chair, where he somehow fell asleep in an uncomfortable position. It was just me and Jonah. I sat down a good foot away from him on the couch. He stared dead ahead and continued staring at the tv.

"So how was that date?" He asks suddenly, his voice almost startled me. I was not expecting him to speak to me.

"It was nice." I smile. As if on cue I got a notification from James on my phone.

"Must've been some date. For a minute there we thought you guys were going to have a sleepover of your own." He's joking I know, but with me? I see a slight smile ghost across his face. I wonder what he's thinking about.

"Ha, yeah." I say for lack of anything better to say. I was too astonished. He just chuckles as if this was normal. At one point it was but nowadays we couldn't even say 'hi' without arguing or something.

"Go on and reply to him, he's blowing you up." My phone chimed yet again. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw he had indeed sent a number of messages.

James🖤: Hey
James🖤: I had a great time with you today
James🖤: Maybe we can go out again sometime ;)

I look over at Jonah who has yet to even glance my way. There is just something so off about him right now. Was this jealousy ?

Zach: I had a great time with you too, and totally ;)

"Alright I made more popcorn!" Daniel announces as he holds up the bowl. Corbyn suddenly sits up at the mention of food. I scoot over allowing the couple space on the couch. Daniel plops down on the opposite side of me leaving me sort of pressed against Jonah. Jack follows suit as he sits on Daniel's lap now holding the bowl. Corbyn comes over taking a handful of some popcorn before returning back to his chair. I shift in my spot. Jonah doesn't even seem to be fazed by the proximity yet my heart is pounding, and even worse it's pitch dark as the movie comes to a jump scare. I "accidentally" grab ahold of Jonah's arms. I let go, unraveling from him, apologizing profusely. He just chuckled and mumbles a "no worries".

After the movie ends everyone retreats off to their rooms. Jonah volunteers to sleep on the couch to allow the couple some privacy in their old room. With the rooming arrangements all planned out everyone goes to sleep, except me. I have the covers pulled up to my chin and I'm staring at the ceiling. I wish I didn't watch that stupid horror film now all I could think about was that stupid demon, and it's stupid face. I'm trying to force the image away but every time I close my eyes I think of it.

"Grow up Zach." I groan to myself tossing and turning in the bed. I throw the covers back and swing my legs over the edge planting my feet on the ground. I get up and creep downstairs not sure if Jonah is asleep or not. The hall is pitch black the only light emitting from the tv in the living room. I dash for the kitchen and quickly flick the light switch. Grow up Zach.

I decide to make myself a warm glass of milk, it always helps me fall asleep. I tip-toed around just in case Jonah was asleep, I didn't want to wake him. I took the milk from the fridge and the second I shut the door there stood Jonah behind it making me jump and drop the glass I held in my other hand along with the jug of milk. Thankfully only the glass broke and the milk didn't bust everywhere.

"Fuck, I'm so so sorry."

"Ha, for once in your life." I mumbled under my breath shutting the fridge once I put the milk back. "Ah!" I groaned in pain. Me being, the klutz that I am, stepped right on a shard of glass. He casually brushed the insult I said just seconds ago off and just picks me up making me yelp in surprise. "What're you doing?" I say as he sits me down on the granite countertop, avoiding the other specks of glass as he did so.

"Relax I'm just going to get the piece of glass out of your foot." He replies examining the bottom of my foot. I stared not understanding just how I felt. My stomach was doing acrobatics and my face was probably burning with more red then usual.

"This is going to hurt." He warns.

"Uhm, okay." And then I feel the sharp glass being pulled out of the gash it had made. I unconsciously grabbed for his free hand, squeezing hard. "Got it." He finally says showing me the blood covered shard before setting it down beside me. I glued my eyes to that instead of his bare chest.

"Thank you." And then I notice I'm still holding his hand but we don't retract, we lean in.

"What's all that noise, and woah— what the heck happened?" Corbyn asks rubbing at his eyes before looking around the floor. Right behind him stood a groggy Daniel and Jack as well. Me and Jonah both jump back out of surprise, our hands no longer interlaced.

"I dropped a glass, it broke, and a piece got in Zach's foot." Jonah says quickly, taking all the blame.

"I'll get the broom." Daniel sighs before shuffling away.

"Uh yeah I think I'll help him." I say about to come down from the countertop.

"No!" Jonah blurts loudly, placing a hand on my knee gently. He then continues more quietly this time, retracting his hand, face returning to that unreadable look. "I-I'll do it. Jack can you get him something to put on his cut."

"Yeah, sure. Come on Zach." Jack offers a hand to me that I take as he helps me walk. I glance back and look at Jonah who isn't focused on me at the moment but rather tending to the mess alongside Daniel and Corbyn. I look ahead again and continue up the steps. What just almost happened?

✰Author's Note✰

Welp :)

Word Count Not Including A/N: 1474

QOTD: Should I even ask questions anymore? No one answers them lol

✰Thanks for reading ily✰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120 0 23
The story of how it almost all ended like that.
6.9K 383 14
SEQUEL TO "mine"! He did not face the consequences, wanting so see his loved one back in his arms. He wished Daniel would love him again, willingly...
161K 4.4K 72
ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋs, sʜᴇ's sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴏᴘᴇғᴜʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴅᴀʏ sʜᴇ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ. - [sᴇǫᴜᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏᴘᴇʟᴇss]
559K 17.2K 51
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 daniel wanted to get rid of his virginity so he hired a boy. a sexual escort. corbyn besson. warning: will contain a lot of smut star...