My Second Chance

By Oreocookie333

Last time you were able to get away but this time you won't be so lucky. I will see you soon princess, and th... More

My Second Chance
Chapter 1-Edited
Chapter 2-Edited
Chapter 3-Edited
Chapter 4-Edited
Chapter 5-Edited
Chapter 6-Edited
Chapter 7-Edited
Chapter 8-Edited
Chapter 9-Edited
Chapter 10-Edited
Chapter 11-Edited
Chapter 12-Edited
Chapter 13-Edited
Chapter 14-Edited
Chapter 15-Edited
Chapter 16-Edited
Chapter 17-Edited
Chapter 18-Edited
Chapter 19-Edited
Chapter 20-Edited
Chapter 21-Edited
Chapter 22-Edited
Chapter 23-Edited
Chapter 24-Edited
Chapter 25-Edited
Chapter 26-Edited
Chapter 27-Edited
Chapter 29-Edited
Chapter 30-Edited
Chapter 31-Edited
Chapter 32-Edited
Chapter 33-Edited
Chapter 34-Edited
Chapter 35-Edited
Chapter 36-Edited
Chapter 37-Edited
Chapter 38-Edited
Chapter 39-Edited
Epilogue-Edited
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5

Chapter 28-Edited

97.6K 2.9K 374
By Oreocookie333

Chapter 28

Patrick POV

"Be careful with her body!" Zack growls at one of my pack members. Yes, I have a small pack forming, and I'm proud of it. My pack members are loyal, and a lot stronger than Zack. Any of them could fight Zack and easily kill him. I will not have him disrespecting them. I growl at Zack and he glares at me. I want to kill him, but instead, I take in a deep breath. I'll have time to kill him later.

After we kidnapped the slut, we quickly left so we could get to a safe place. Zack has this cabin somewhere that he's been bragging about, but at this point I'm not sure if he was telling the truth. We've been walking for hours. I'm starting to get restless because this is unknown territory. I know my men feel the same way.

"I don't understand why you want her so much. She's a useless little whore," I say while rolling my eyes.

"Hey! Only I can say that about her!" Zack says with a smirk. I look at him with disgust before I go back to observing my men. Some of them are carrying Elizabeth's unconscious body, and some of them are in their wolf forms ready to attack anyone who tries to stop us. I'm always amazed at their loyalty and their willingness to help me.

"Where's this camp that you were bragging about?" I ask after a few minutes.

"It's only a few minutes away."

"Good."

"Aw, is someone getting tired?" Zack says in a baby voice and with a smirk on his face. I'm about to reach over and strangle him when one of his pack members stops me. I quickly shrug them off and continue to walk.

We walk in silence and I take this time to look at my surroundings. All I see are trees. Nothing interesting out here.

"It would be a great place to hide a dead body," my wolf states. I glance over at Zack and I feel a smirk forming on my lips.

I can finally get rid of him. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time.

"Not yet. We still need him. Have patience for once in your life." I grumble slightly to my wolf, but I listen to him. It would be a major setback if I killed Zack right now.

"We're here!" Zack announces. I look around and see a shady looking building. The looks on my pack members' faces show nothing but disgust, and I almost start to laugh. Zack looks so proud of this place and I once again start to rethink my partnership with him.

Maybe I could accomplish my goals without him.

"Is this seriously the cabin you were talking about?" My eyebrows arch as I wait for his answer. He rolls his eyes and nods his head.

"Of course it is! This is the perfect place! No one would ever expect us to be here!" He answers like it's the most obvious thing in the world. I inwardly sigh while looking at the rundown house. I guess this will have to do. I nod at my men and they reluctantly enter the cabin.

I walk in after them and my nose instantly scrunches up in distaste. This place is horrific! Zack walks in and takes a deep breath in.

"Isn't this just fantastic?" He asks while looking around the place. I give him a flat look and turn away. I look around the small cabin with scrutinizing eyes. If I thought that outside was bad, this is way worse. When was the last time anyone was here?

The place is covered with dust and it smells revolting. The walls are moldy, and the floorboards creak with every step that's taken. I don't think I can work in these conditions.

"Are you sure there's no other place we can stay in?" Zack gives me an irritated look before shaking his head.

"You should be grateful that we even have this place. We can either stay here, safe from Ryder and his pack, or we can go somewhere a little more comfortable and risk blowing our cover!" He snaps at me.

"Well you already blew our cover when you wrote that note to him! He wasn't supposed to know that you were involved with this. He was suppose to trace the blame back to the rogues you hired!"

"I don't understand why you're so upset. You act as if I can't beat him." Both my eyebrows arch and I give him an incredulous look.

"You seriously think you could take him in a fight?" He snorts and then smirks.

"I know I can take him in a fight. Any day, any time." Some of my pack members chuckle quietly and I have to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. This guy is more insane than I thought.

"Alright, anyways, what's the plan for the next few days?"

*

*

*

After the discussion with Zack, I quickly left so I could get some fresh air and think through my plan. My men are busying themselves with cleaning the shack and watching Elizabeth. Zack is in charge of getting us some food, but I'm not sure that's the best idea. He'll probably try to feed us poisonous fruits.

Oh well, I have bigger things to worry about. Elizabeth should be awake soon, so I know I have to act quickly. I also know that Ryder should be searching for his mate soon, so I have a time limit.

I hate having to do this to my nephew, but this is necessary. He'll get over it. He's a tough guy, so I'm not worried about it. I know he'll thank me later on. I'll find him a more suitable mate, and then he'll be happy.

I have to find a way to get Zack to kill her since I don't want Ryder to trace things back to me.

He's going to be so happy to find out that I'm actually alive. He won't even care about the fact that his "mate" was killed. Everything is going to be perfect. I know he'll be confused for a little bit, but I already have a made up story to "explain" the reason why I've been missing for all this time.

My plan has been going great. The only problem is that dimwit Zack. I honestly think that he's trying to get all of us killed. If I had known that he was going to be this stupid, I would've never agreed to "help" him. I would've found another way to get the job done.

I can't believe that Zack left a note taunting Ryder. He's honestly so stupid. We were supposed to go in, and then leave. I get that he wanted to gloat and stuff, but now's not the time. Now he's put my life in danger, and he's compromised my plan.

I look up and see that it's pitch black out here. I should probably head back and see how everyone's doing. On my way back, my beta mindlinks me.

"Alpha, I've met with him. We're still on schedule." I smirk slightly.

"Good. We'll proceed with the plan soon. Keep me updated if anything new happens."

"Yes Alpha."

Elizabeth's POV

Where am I? I can't remember anything. The last thing I remember is going to sleep in Ryder's arms. I don't know how I ended up in this cold, dusty room. I look around me and try to find a way to get out of here. I stand up even though my legs feel like jello and I wander around the room.

The walls are a faded yellow color and I can see mold forming on some of them. The room is completely sealed off and the only way out is through the door, but I can hear someone's heartbeat outside of the door, so I don't think that's my best escape route. I look around the room hoping to find a window or a vent, but there's nothing.

I stand up from the floor and look around. Why can't I remember anything? Where's Ryder? I have so many questions, but my head feels so heavy. I hear the door open and I quickly turn around. I see Zack and I feel my heart drop to my stomach.

Oh no. Please tell me that I'm dreaming. This can't be real. There has to be some mistake.

"I see you're awake. Are you hungry?" I decide not to respond to him. Instead, I look at the floor as I shuffle on my feet. Zack would always get angry if I looked directly at him.

"Are you going to answer me?" I stay silent and hope that he leaves. I hear a few groans that the floorboards let out before I feel a sharp stinging on my cheek. I fall to the ground and before I can react, I feel a sharp kick to my ribs. I groan quietly and try to curl up in a ball. Next thing I know, I'm being lifted from the ground by my throat. Zack squeezes my throat, and I choke slightly.

"I asked you a question. When I ask you a question, you answer it. Got it?" Zack growls while getting in my face. I can barely breathe and my vision starts to become fuzzy. I thrash around violently trying to get free from his grasp, but he just squeezes my throat tighter. My limbs grow weaker, but I still try to fight. Before I lose consciousness, I'm dropped to the floor.

I gasp for breath which in turns hurts because of the bruises forming on my neck. I cough up some blood and Zack just scoffs before leaving the room.

"Absolutely pathetic," he mumbles as the door closes. I lay on the ground coughing up blood for a few minutes.

After a little while, I crawl to the corner of the room before going wrapping my arms around my knees. I rock back and forth with tears streaming down my face.

I try to think of how to get out of here, but I conclude that there's no way I could ever escape. I'm all alone with no way to contact anyone. Wait a minute, maybe I can use the mindlink.

"Ryder?" All I hear is silence. I frown slightly before trying again. When I get the same result, I start to panic.

Ok, deep breaths Liz. Maybe it's because I'm too far away from the pack. I don't know how long I've been knocked out, so we couldn't have gotten that far away from the pack. Maybe I should try reaching out to Annabel now. She always knows what to do.

"Annabel?" I try to reach out to my wolf, but I can't hear anything. I can't even feel her.

This is bad. This is really bad.

The tears start pouring out of my eyes even faster and I choke down my sobs. I don't want to give Zack another reason to come back in here.

I stare at the wall opposite me feeling completely helpless. There's nothing I can do. This is the end for me. I hear the door open up again, but I don't get up from my spot. I use my hair as a sort of protection from the person, but I know that won't do much.

"I don't get what everyone sees in you." My head snaps up at the unfamiliar voice. My eyes widen when I see that it's Ryder's uncle. My heartbeat increases and I see him smirk. I'm sure he's glad that I'm afraid of him.

"What do you want from me?" I ask in a small voice.

"Me? I don't want anything to do with you. In fact, if I had things my way, you wouldn't even be alive anymore." I gulp loudly and then wince at the pain in my throat.

"Who are you?" I ask. Hopefully he doesn't realize that I already know who he is. A small smirk makes its way across his face and I can feel my heartbeat thundering against my ribcage.

"I'm your worst nightmare." The smirk on his face widens and I shiver slightly. He's about to say something when a man steps in the room.

"Alpha," he says before bowing. Alpha? What's going on? He has a pack? The man gestures towards outside and Patrick nods his head.

"I'll be back for you later. Don't try anything because you will be punished." The evil glint in his eyes makes my bottom lip quiver and I can feel more tears spilling out of my eyes. He smirks, obviously satisfied by my reaction before leaving the room with the man.

What am I going to do?

A/N: Hey guys! I just want to thank you all for your amazing support on this story :) This story has over half a million reads, and I'm honestly so thankfully for you guys :) I love writing this story for all of you and I'm so glad that you guys enjoy it so much :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
207K 6.5K 34
After Casey Hugh's parents were brutally murdered by her own pack, she's had trust issues. She's been on the run since the innocent age of 10, seekin...
683K 15.6K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
165K 6.6K 38
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...