Fashion's Easier To Spot Than...

Od TonziiOh

When the seductively enchanting youth, Renee-Anne James finally finds love in her best friend, Dane Jackson... Viac

Chapter 2

Fashion's Easier To Spot Than Love

20 1 0
Od TonziiOh

I wrapped my hands around his neck and tip-toed to whisper in his ear; "I'm sorry, but I'm not available." I then proceeded to walk away, swaying a little more than I ought to just to entertain the bastard watching my ass.

I heard him hiss as I turned the corner and then I was back in the busy hustle and bustle of my work place. As I was about to enter my office, I was stopped by Ken.

"Miss Renee, Mr. Jackson is here for you. He'd like to know when the suits will be ready."

"Tell him in the next two days. And please, inform him that if he comes back tomorrow asking the same question that he is not to expect an answer," I ended, adding extra force to push my office door open.

I slunk down in my chair. Today was extra work. I had to deal with yet another lusty bastard.I sighed, one other thing I've stopped mentioning to Dane.

Speak of the devil; "Ren, I've been trying to call you all day!"

"I'm sorry," I whispered, barely able to even fake a sympathetic smile. It hurt to smile, to walk, to move, to talk, which is what I'd been doing for practically the whole day. And now, I started to rub my temples, it hurts to think; Darn you migraine.

Dane apparently saw the pain written all over my face and came to stand behind me to massage my shoulders. God, his hands were good!

I got so relaxed then he stopped abruptly and sat on my table facing me.

"Why'd you stop," I whined and pouted.

He cupped my cheeks with is hands; "What are you doing tonight?" he asked suddenly.

I kicked off my shoes and propped my feet up on the table, "Nothing at all. Freedom to sleep!" I giggled.

"Great!" he exclaimed as he got up off the desk. "I'm taking you out tonight," He announced in another breath.

"What? Where? Why? When? How?!" I asked frantically without thinking about it first.

He stopped right at the door, ready to leave, then tilted his head back to look at me. "I'm taking you out," He repeated as if I didn't hear that already. "Where?" he continued, "That's for me to know and for you to find out. Why? You're stressed, you need a night out on the town, Ren; Have some fun. Be ready by 8 and unlike you, I drive, remember?" He saluted me as he finished and left.

I finished up my work and set up everything for immediate access the following Monday morning. I preoccupied my mind with the thought of doing Mr. Jackson's suit to get my mind off other pressing issues. That man's lucky he pays well.

_____________________________________________________________________________

As I entered my apartment, Jessie was there to greet me. She jumped on me almost sending me to the floor. Sometimes I had no reason but to understand why Dane calls her a bitch. Sometimes she really does act like a dog, whether or not that was good or bad, I still couldn't decipher.

"Mhm..." She eyed me as she let me go and stepped back so I had space to close the door.

"What?" I asked innocently. Then I put up my guard. You never know what to expect when Jessie gives you 'the eye'.

"Now why would someone send you a sexy red party dress and the hottest fuck-me stilletos?" She asked skipping around the place in a dance.

I continued to my room, passing her barely clean one, and dumped all my luggage on the bed.

"What are you talking about, Jes?" I asked genuinely confused. "Oh by the way, Dane's. . ."

"Taking you out tonight?" she interrupted, grinning from ear to ear.

"How'd you. . .?"

"Who do you think sent those lovely aforementioned gifts?" She interrupted again, smirking now.

I laughed heartily and thought of what a determined friend I have in Dane.

"Party over here, party over there. Next thing you'll be engaged to him!!" She squealed and then ran to her room to turn on her I-Home and send it's noise blasting through the house. "What you waiting for?" She sang along with Gwen Stefani.

"Waiting for you to get out of my life!!" I screamed at her from my room.

"The boy loves you and idiot as you are, you stick to the bff story. So cliché and boring," She said and stuck her tongue out at me.

"Whatever!" I screamed and threw an item of clothing at her for her to leave.

It was around 7 and I had half an hour to freshen up. As I came out of the bathroom, I realized there was a note with the clothes:

'Dress up for a party. A dirty one. Make sure you wear that dress and those shoes. I have a surprise for you.'

D@N3 :P

I smiled to myself. Time to get flirtatious. I pulled my hair out of the towel and blow dryed it. Since it still looked nappy, I drew for my flat iron. I applied black mascara to my eyelashes and a light golden, sparkly eyeshadow on my eyelids. I laced my lips with a deep red lipstick and applied a golden gloss over it.

I slipped on the little red dress that complimented my brown-red hair. I gatherd my hair up into a grab clip and strapped on the shoes. I put on a gold chocker that Dane gave me for my 18th birthday. I had to admit that he had taste for a supposedly straight guy. I then made my way into the kitchen to see if I could at least get a little food in my system; I was starved!

I found some strawberries that I knew wouldn't last until I got back home so I took them out. I also grabbed for the chocolate ice-cream and put it on the counter.

As I dipped my first strawberry into the chocolate ice-cream, the door-bell rang. And rang. . . And rang. I finally decided to answer the door, since SOMEONE wouldn't. I grabbed the strawberry container, the ice-cream container and my bag.

I flung the bag on the couch in the living room as I passed it and dipped another strawberry into the ice-cream as I opened the door. I waved to Dane as I was too busy savouring the flavour of my food to talk. He just stood there and leaned on the door hinge. 

His eyes moved to every place on my body and I rolled my eyes; "That isn't exactly best friend behaviour there you know, perv." I nudged him.

His eyes finally met mine and he smirked; "Something this sexy shouldn't be limited to guys who are friend-zoned you know," He said and winked at me. 

"Oh, so you didn't expect me to look this good?" I asked in a sarcastic tone, rolling my olive-green eyes once more as I went for my bag and then walked out the door. "Shall we?" I asked and closed the door behind me.

_____________________________________________________________________________

As we walked in, one of the guys standing by the door groped my ass, so, naturally, I turned around and stepped on the sucker. Did you know, stilletos and toes don't make such a good combination. This, however, caused an uproar in the club, skip, skip, fast forward to things that matter. In the end the guards were obviously trying to flirt with me and went in my favour and the other guys were kicked.

"You do know that I have work tomorrow, right?" I asked Dane.

"On a weekend? Really? Since when?" asked in a sarcastic tone as he looked back at me while still leading me deeper and depper into the club.

"Psht. Asshole," I muttered, looking everywhere but back at him.

He got us some drinks and I had about 6 shots of tequilla and 5 shots of whiskey but it would take a lot more to get me even a bit tipsy. We proceeded to the dancefloor and I was completely ready to let loose and get wild. As I danced against Dane's body, his hands gripped my hips in a sensuous manner, drawing me closer to him. We were only centimeters apart and I begun to feel a little awkward. I pulled away and rushed towards the bar area to get myself a few more shots of tequilla.

I felt Dane walk up towards me and lay a hand on my shoulder. "You ok?" He asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah, it's nothing. I'll be back soon," I managed to brush him off and hurried to the restroom. 

I entered the bathroom and immediately looked at myself in the mirror. I examinded my face in it and clearly noted the faint blush plastered on my smooth caramel skin as I remembered how Dane was rubbing his front against my rear. Awwwwwkkkkwwwwwaaaaarrrdddd!!!!

As I opened the door to leave, there stood the very blonde Dane; Waiting for me, I supposed.

He held my face and examined my eyes. Then he did the weirdest thing. The most unexpected thing for him to do. Towards me. He kissed me!

And even weirder and more unexpected; I had kissed back. It was soft and slow and, MY GOD! A lot of tongue!

Before I knew it we were back in the restroom, my body against the wall and his held against mine. His right hand let go of my face and the kisses got faster and more aggressive. His hand went along my curves and it rested on my hip bone. He let his left hand do the same as he parted my legs with his right foot. What is he trying to do here?!

His right hand wondered further down my thigh, grasping it, and raising it to fit around his body. He had started to rub his crotch, too close for comfort, against me when I pushed him away.

"Dane!" I screamed at him as he walked towards me again with lust in his ocean-blue eyes. He had lost all humanity. Now he looked like a predator ready to pounce on its prey.

As he laid his hands on me again, I slapped him square in the face. The sound resonated off the restroom walls and he finally snapped out of it and collapsed on the floor.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, Ren," He kept repeating, pleading.

"It's ok, you'll pay me back somehow, " I said nonchalantly, trying to ease the tension in the air. I wasn't happy to see my best friend on his knees practically begging me for forgiveness. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't. 

I heard him shift and looked down to find him searching for something. Then he looked up at me in the same position a man knelt in when he was asking for a woman's hand in marriage. God, please tell me Jessie isn't psychic.

"Renee-Anne James," he started, opening the box and showing off a glowing white-gold engagement ring. I could spot white gold from a mile away. I could also run 2 miles in a day. Which is exactly what I did before he could finish. I ran outside the bathroom and through the crowd in the club and through the door. I hailed a taxi rather quickly and just as eagerly gave the person the address I wanted to go to. He sped off in the night and I felt myself let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding the whole time. That whole scene was unexpected to me. Dane never seemed to like me like that. Or maybe I was just blind to the fact that he liked me because I probably hadn't felt the same.

As I entered my apartment, I noted that Jessie was obviously asleep due to the eery silence in the place. I threw my shoes on the mat by the door and made my way to my room. I flung my bag on the bed and gathered my nightwear and headed to the bathroom to wash myself of the night. Wash away the memories; I wish it would be that easy but it wasn't and eventually I'd have to face this. But that moment was definitely not right now.

Pokračovať v čítaní