Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
The First Gift to The Bride
Problems- Just a beginning
The (Mis)Understanding
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
The Zaveri Nagar Mela
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight
The Good News
A Bitter News
The Hamsa Naava
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Kanna Nidurinchara
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
The War Begins!
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
The Fall of The Evil
Doubts and Determination
The King and Queen
The Mahamantri
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
A Story to tell
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

A spark

1.5K 65 9
By Meenu_Panda

"What journey Amma?"

Asked her son. Devasena had a faraway look in her eyes. But her eyes held a light that Mahendra saw whenever it was something private related to his parents. He looked up at Kattappa.

"Thatha? What happened to Rani Prasanna Devi?"

Kattappa smiled. Like his Raja Amarendra Baahubali, his son too had too many questions. But unlike Amarendra, he voiced them. A trait that he knew to be Devasena's!

"She went to Rajamata Sivagami Devi! To question about the King and Queen about whom everyone in the palace talked."

Kattappa recited how Rajamata Sivagami Devi told Rani Prasanna Devi about Raja Amarendra Baahubali and Rani Devasena.

But Devasena's mind was on something else. Something personal. She thought about the journey with her husband. With their trusted Bhadshaah and Veera.

It was one fine morning, when Amarendra squinted his eyes to the rogue sun rays that were entering their chamber. He, once was able to see clearly, saw his wife draping her saree and immediately sat up straight frowning. By that time Devasena who finished dressing up raised her eyebrow at her frowning husband.

" I am supposed to dress you up!"

"Aha! Not today Amarendra!"

"Not fair! And what is so special today, that I am not allowed my daily pleasure?"

Devasena giggled at her husband, who scowled like a boy not given his favorite toy. She went near him and bent down.

"Today if you are allowed, we will never leave this place."

"Leave?"

"Yes!"

"But where? This early?"

He turned to look out through the opening that became their window to see that Sun was just rising.

"Sun is just rising Deva! What is so important that we are leaving right now? Safety.."

"Just because we have life threats, we cannot leave our work! And I am not leaving you alone anywhere! So I am going to do my work and you my husband are going to tag along as my assistant!"

She enjoyed his exasperated expression as she called him assistant and tried stifling her smile.

"Devasena!"

"Come on! Wake up.. Get ready! Else we will be late!"

Amarendra groaned as he went on doing as he asked. By the time he was out, he saw Devasena telling something to Paartheeba who was intently listening to his Queen. He stood watching her with adoration. Paartheeba caught his eyes' line of sight and grinned.

"Paartheeba! I am telling something important! What are you grinning at?"

Came Devasena's admonishing that had Amarendra chuckling. He came and stood beside her as he lazily let his hand play with her waist ignoring her protesting glare.

"Paartheeba! Keep a careful watch! mainly on your wife!"

Paartheeba gave a knowing smile to his king while the other women glared at him. Amarendra turned to his wife and raised a brow.

"Aren't we getting late? We are supposed to leave right?"

Devasena was visibly angry now! Her husband was number one in annoying her. He tend to move smoothly with others. But her! Complete different scenario. Now her husband was grinning. To show her anger she stomped her feet on his, but at last moment, he moved his leg away grinning more widely at her that annoyed her more.

Amarendra knew that he was pushing her to edge. But what to do? He just loved to see her get angry. Mainly the way her face turns crimson in moments. His wife's anger came quick, but once the situation is done for, it melts quickly too. She was such woman. In one word, she is impulsive. Complete opposite to him. Yet the right counterpart for him. He thought about a little, cute junior Devasena running to him and arresting her servants with her little dagger.

He shook his head at the image as he knew it was too soon given that it has only been 3 full moons since they wed. Amidst his thoughts he heard Baadshah squealing and ran out realizing his wife has let him snooze while she went on! This woman will definitely make him mad one day. Shaking his head he ran out and mounted on waiting Baadshah who showed his anger clearly by almost pushing him down. At last both of them moved on towards their journey!

On the other side.. was a Mela getting set in a bazar area of another kingdom. It was an annual mela where everything except for humans were sold. Sale of human actually happened on the harbor side of the city. That is different scenario. Here was a Mela that sold everything including jewels for women to daggers for men. Even honey and poison were sold. In this colorful Mela, there was one black spot. Wahab Khan!

The top trader of Middle East and very much famous for his different stuffs. Mainly his gems, daggers and Swords. The stuffs that he sold were never found elsewhere. That was the reason for his head weight, that he sold them for high profit and treated others inferior due to his increasing money. This time was nothing different. He was making his tent ready enjoying torturing his slaves and servants and other people who sold things for reasonable rate. He was making fun of one particular man who was setting his tent that sold women's bangles and men's kada of peculiar designs. The man who got angry at WAhab Khan stood up.

"Wahab saab! Just because you have money to travel around the world and get different and unique things doesn't mean that others are not capable as you. Without men like us, you don't get to trade. Remember."

And this was one wrong move. Wahab Khan that intimidating man in his Arab golden threaded robe caught that man's throat almost strangling him. The man started struggling for breath.

"Never raise your voice to me! Without me to buy the things you make, you are nothing! The world doesn't even know you but recognizes me!"

He left the man's throat and pushed him. He stood in the middle of the mela and said in voice loud enough for countries on the other side of the sea could hear.

"Yeh Wahab Khan ka Jahan hai! This is Wahab Khan's place! You don't get to cross lines with me! Jahnnum ka parichay karva dunga!"

The voice roared in whole place and made everything and everyone tremble at the sheer power in his tone. But he was unaware that there was another voice that was going to impact him just as severely.

In Maahishmati..!

Prasanna Devi did not wait until her coming was announced in Rajamata's study. She just walked in and stood in front of Sivagami who was sitting on her chair in her style reading thatti patralu. She looked up with a neutral face that gave away nothing.

"Rajamata"

"Rani Prasanna Devi!"

Polite courtesies, once done an always demure Prasanna devi came straight to the point for once in her life.

"Who is Maharaja Amarendra Baahubali and Maharani Devasena?"

Sivagami still had her neutral look but inside a 100 questions rose! How can a queen not know such things about her own country? What was her son doing?

"Maharani Prasanna Devi! First I would like you to settle down!"

Sivagami showed her the settee that was opposite to her. Hesitant Prasanna obeyed her being back to her demure self. Taking a breath Sivagami looked at her again.

"Didn't Bhalla tell you who was in throne before him?"

"No!"

A very crisp single word that said more than just the word.

"Hmm! Before your marriage, my other son, Bhalla's cousin was announced as king and ruled this kingdom until his marriage to KunthalaRajyam Queen Rani Devasena"

"cousin? Your son?"

"Foster son and Maharaja Vikrama Deva, my husband's brother's son! The Direct rightful son of the throne!"

"But.."

"I know your question! But even I don't know the answer Maharani! Next day to his marriage Baahu came with Devasena to the Rajasabha and announced his desire to descent from the throne and requested Bhalla become the King. And then that night he and his wife left the kingdom!"

"And I am to know this through servants Rajamata?"

"You should know this from your husband, the King, Maharani! Its his duty to let you know about everything!"

She explained noticing the accusation in Prasanna's tone.

"But he did not! Am I here only to decorate his Royal Bedchamber?"

She asked directly since it was the question of her life!

"Ask this question to concern person! I am not answerable. I can only help in general matters Maharani!"

Prasanna's shoulders sagged in defeat. She thought she married a human. How wrong was she. She could see the same defeat in Sivagami's eyes. When his own mother could not right him, how could she?

"One thing before you leave! Baahu and Devasena are praised for the way they take to their duties! I don't expect anything from anyone here. But I do have a nagging thought that I did not search for a neglecting bride for my son. If that's all?"

She drawled as Prasanna Devi got her message and left the study after a courtesy. Sivagami set aside her Thatti patralu and thought about Chandrika's news.

"Rajamata! Something is definitely wrong! I heard from a source that there is a conspiracy that is to start that will have everything turn upside down"

What could be the conspiracy? Worse than everything going on already? And where was Kattappa? She was to send for him when a servant came to her and gave her a small chit in which a coded message was written. It did not take much time to realize who sent it. But what was sent made her tense!

"Orey Bhaadshah! It's almost noon ra! What do you think? Where are we going? Any idea?"

Baadshah snorted and sent a message to Veera who just shook her head just like her master who ignored her husband completely that made Amarendra's jaws drop.

"Ok Devasena! That is enough! It's almost noon! We are riding since sunrise! I am hungry and I am not moving from here without knowing our destination!"

He called out halting baadshah on middle of the path. Devasena turned Veera facing them.

"Seriously? Remember you had me ask this same question the whole day while you had me on your baadshah in front of you! Why should I bother answering you?"

Amarendra shook his head! Women!

"Deva! That was different. I knew that we were to be followed and I could not risk our lives"

"You should know to trust me Amarendra! I can take care of myself and you are forgetting that we still have the risk of being followed."

"I know you can take care of yourself. But I want to take care of you Devasena! I want to know in advance if anything is to happen to you. I cannot risk losing you!"

And how can Devasena not melt. She tapped Veera once and Veera moved into the thick forest on the side. Inside the dense forests where Devasena knew that they are not at risk of eavesdropping, She dismounted and asked Amarendra to join her near a water body in the middle of the forest. For sometime they stood in silence with their hands around each other. But when it was too much to bare, Amarendra broke the silence.

"Where are we going? You can't just take off"

Devasena took a deep breath bracing herself for the explosion.

"We are going to Zaveri Nagar Mela!"

And it took a few moments for the message to reach Amarendra completely. Just as she expected came the explosion.

"WHAT? ZAVERI NAGAR? MELA?"

"Yes"

"And you calmly say Yes! Do you even realize what you are saying? That place.. it takes a fortnight to reach in carriage and you started on horseback? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING DEVASENA"

His voice almost reached saturation. Damn this woman is bringing out best in him. How could she!

"Shh! Quit shouting! You by this time should know that I will not do anything without thinking. I may be impulsive. But I am not stupid! And you are yet to know about us! We have our ways of reaching place in shortest time possible!"

"Oh really! And how much is the shortest time?"

"2 nights and 3 days!"

"WHAT?

He yelled again! At his sound many birds started flapping their wings in protest from the trees they rest.

"Amarendra! Do quit shouting! You are distressing others!"

"And do pray tell me how are we to reach that place in that time!"

"There is a secret passageway that leads us down this mountain. We made this way so that we could reach anywhere down the hill easily!"

"How did I not suspect! You people managed to sneak! Oh man! I should not even ask the question. You people are capable of climbing the mountain in matter of a day and creating a secret passage is nothing!"

"Amarendra Baahubali! Was that a praise or Insult?"

The tone made him look at her and grin.

"Does it make a difference?"

"It does! And NOW! Just mount back! We should reach down by tonight. We cannot stay here for long and take risk"

Amarendra smiled at his bossy wife and followed her. He trusted her to lead them. He knew that if she has taken this up in middle of such danger it must be something important. So he followed her. But he was in his element. He annoyed her all the way making her chide and Baadshah and Veera snort in anger.

When they reached the passageway hidden behind the rocks, his first reaction was dropping his jaw! IT was such a huge way where a small army can move with their horses and weapons. It was clean and led all the way down. Just like the passageway that led them to Kunthala caves from Maahishmati. These people were really talented beyond his questioning. But as they reached down, a surprise was awaiting them.

They came through the opening down the hill only to see a few tribal people setting their tents there in that sun setting time. Devasena frowned.

"This is not supposed to be like this! They are not supposed to be here!"

But Amarendra was taken by the beauty of colorful tents glowing in the firelight. He took Baadshah and crossed the little water paths and reached the people, much to Devasena's dismay. He talked to one elderly person and then signalled to Devasena, who came there with Veera! The elder person looked at them with kind eyes.

"Dhora Anni seppinaru! HE said everything"

Devasena eyed Amarendra thinking what he could have said!

"You can rest with us this night and leave as you wish! Its not difficult cooking for 2 extra people as we are used to it and we are happy too!"

He signed to his wife, an elderly woman who nodded.

"Adi em lede Thalli. Maa Dora, our head and his wife are a little behind us due to her delivery. Her labour pain started on the way and they had to stay there till the baby was born. You can stay in the tent we use for them!"

Explained the woman.

"Won't they mind?"

"Ledu dhora! They won't. They will only be happy to help people like you! And see your wife Dora! poovu lanti mokam. Ela entaga pyinado soodu! Her face has caught sun and she is tired."

Amarendra smiled at Devasena who accepted to stay here the night. And she was sure that with this tribe they can hide well. She left their horses with the younger men there after giving them treats. She went into the tent to change and came out to wash her face when she found Amarendra talking with the man again. She washed her face and moved to them and heard the end of the conversation.

"Ooh! Attage Dhora! Ooh Mallamma!"

the man went about calling for his wife and Amarendra turned with his grin only to see his wife standing with her hands on her hip. Oh man.. how much did she hear?

"What was that about?"

"You will know!"

"Will you ever answer my straight question with a decent answer?"

"That was decent answer I gave!"

"Amarendra!"

"Deva! It would be good if you call me Amara! As that's what I have told them. People are not familiar with my this name. So I think that's safe. And now! About your question. I see you have changed! Now come!"

He took her to another high rock holding her hand. Devasena just shook her head at her stubborn husband! Once they reached, it was Devasena's turn to drop her jaw. There was a mini kitchen set up with everything needed for cooking. A small wooden stove, wooden ladles, stone and clay utensils, fresh vegetables too!

"Amar.. Amara! What is this?"

"Our kitchenette Deva! I did tell you I will teach you cooking!"

"BUt here? in wild?"

"Our life started in wild remember? So why not this? Now are you ready for a lesson?"

Amarendra asked rubbing his palms like a little enthusiastic kid! Devasena's mind drew a picture of a little Amarendra grinning after one of his mischief and shook her head. It was too soon. Or was it?

She concentrated on Amarendra who was arranging everything and then sat infront of the stove as he asked her. He took an egg plant and showed it to her.

"Do you know what is this?"

"I don't know cooking doesn't mean that I don't know anything about it! That is a Vankaaya!"

"Very good! I knew my Deva is very brilliant!"

"Quit patronising me and tell me what to do with it!"

"Ok! This is the king of our main course! You are supposed to cut it this way and stuff it and cook it! but since it's night and we are cooking a feast, let me tell you a simple way to cook it"

First she did not understand head and tail. Then slowly as Amarendra taught she caught it real quick. When she was mixing Masala for egg plant suddenly she felt his breath on her neck. Through the corner of her eyes she noticed Amarendra who was supposed to be next to her was not behind her! Her hands halted.

"Amara?"

"Hmm!"

She felt his nose in her hair! His breath was creating havoc in her.

"What are you doing? Shh! We are supposed to be cooking."

"You are supposed to be cooking"

"And you?"

"Enjoying your side view in the silvery light of moon. Deva! You are one beautiful woman whom I set my eyes on!"

He said nuzzling her neck making her hands tremble.

"Um hmm! How many women did you set your eyes on."

"Just one stubborn woman who was always cornering me with her weapons. But mainly her eyes were the weapons that had impact"

"Very poetic"

She jabbed his stomach.

"OW! Deva! I am you husband!"

"Who was supposed to teach me to cook! Not start your Raas Leela"

"That is something I cannot you know! You are a kill joy! Here take this Vankaaya.."

He explained her and she like a good wife went on following his instructions. Within short time delicious looking and awesome smelling dinner was ready. As they were about to devour a small boy came and tugged Amarendra's vastra and talked cutely.

"Dora! Ayya seppinaru! You are to return to your tent with your dinner as the wind is growing strong"

"Attage sinna dhora"

Devasena pinched the boy's chin who ran down smiling. Amarendra saw Devasena's eyes shining with the same dream that shone in his eyes. Was it time?

Both took their dinner leaving the things there as instructed by the elder man and left for their tent. There they sat on the ground and fed each other and did not forget to pull each other's leg on the cooking. But Amarendra was proud. His wife managed to do well for her first time. The food was really delicious. He enjoyed the food and also his wife's cheeks pinkening with his naughty talks.

The night proved to be just as eventful. It was a night when a dream was born out of their love and a seed for their desire was sown.

There in Maahishmati too, a seed was sown. For a conspiracy. Where it started, who started.. was not the question at the moment. Who started was and What it was and about whom it was about.

A spark can burn down a whole forest. Just like that, one word can bring down a person in heights to ground with a greater force. Same happened. One word! One wrong phrase! And everything fell like dominoes! And Sivagami was informed a little late about the linchpin that set the dominoes falling. It was testing time.. Dark time..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

803K 29.7K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
49.6K 2.8K 34
What if there was a twin of Shrutakarma and that too a GIRL? What if she was ignored by her parents? What if she got the fatherly love from the perso...
84.4K 4.9K 31
This story basically a simple lovestory. It revloves around two character Swara Gadodia: ambitious, stubborn and a bit impulsive. Being a carin...
2.8K 182 28
Hello everyone, I am Shneha Gowricharn and this is me first try to write a fanfiction. The story is inspired from the tv show Ghum hai kisi ke pyaar...