Hiding in Plain Sight (Slowly...

By uuuuume9909

This is going to be Sang and Erik's third move in as many years. They have to think of a way to protect them... More

To start off by saying
Sang and Erik
The Dinner "Date" (WHAT!!!)
Up In Flames
You Call That a Smile
Nefarious Laughter, Really
Looking Eye to Eye
Letting Sleeping Bears Rest
Lit Candles
Turned Upside Down
Scrambling Eggs
Keeping Secrets?
Storming the Castle
Partners in Crime
Accidentally on Purpose?
All's Fair in Love & War
A Dish Best Served Cold
Having Fun Zombie Style
What is Reality?
Cloud gazing???
Baby Bear sized Hugs
A.M & F.M
Feeding an Army
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Oopsie...
Note! Not an update yet!?!
Let the games begin
Expressions
Truth?

Oh what a tangled web...

704 82 21
By uuuuume9909

Sang's POV

    I'm not sure how I feel at this moment. I thought I could trust those boys. Maybe this is my cue that I'm just not meant to have friends. Maybe I can have Erik convince the parentals that I should be homeschooled or something. That way I don't have to be around people who I would inadvertantly assimilate or have to pretend to be *ugh* Erik's girlfriend. Sounds like a win win in my book. Then the crashing realization hit that if I did that I would be subjected to spending all day long with the step witch. Oh what to do, what to do?

Jess was calmly sitting on my bed when I entered the room my thoughts twirling through my head. "You didn't hurt them right?" She asked timidly. I felt instant shame at what she may be thinking.

    "Of course not. All Erik is going to do is modify and change their memories. All of the adventurous fun that happened today involving me will be wiped from their minds. They also won't remember ever seeing us in a restaurant where we used to live. He then hopefully changed their perception to the point any time they look over here they won't see me even if I'm in plain sight of them. It's almost like their brains won't acknowledge that they even see me here. That's still a new aspect of his ability so I'm not sure if that will work or not." I sighed at that thought. I hated the fact that they wouldn't see me or be here with me but it was unavoidable. I couldn't risk our safety just for my out of control hormones. Sure they were really, really cute and sweet and funny and perfect, but I can't mess up, I don't think I can handle moving again.

    She sent me a smile that instantly reassured me that everything was going to turn out okay. "So what exactly was plan A, because I have a feeling we may need to come up with a better one if you are that unsure about it. I'm here to help, you are the first girl friend I've ever had and I'm not willing to give you up even if it means lying to my brother every day." My heart swelled with love for this precious girl who yesterday I didn't even know existed. My mind wanders as to how life can change so profoundly and dramatically yet can also bring you exactly what you needed even if you didn't realize you needed it. For example my new sister. I know rationally I shouldn't be this attached to her having only met her hours before but looking into her green eyes I feel like I've known her forever. If I had more experience with friendship maybe I wouldn't be this overwhelmed or maybe this was just the start of one of those epic lifetime soul binding friendships. Only time will tell I guess.

     I sigh with exasperation. "That would be Erik's "great plan" to pretend to be my boyfriend at school to keep me safe from boys attention. I personally think I should stay home and avoid people at all costs but my step witch wants me in school. Maybe I can change my appearance. That could work I can make myself look like Erik we are already twins I can make us identical. Ugh, but I don't think I can pull off pretending to be a boy. Help me come up with ideas please." I pleaded.

     I could see the emotions in Jess's eyes seconds before she launched herself at me enveloping me in a crushing bear hug. Dang, she must have been separated by birth from Erik, maybe she should have been his twin and not me. I internally laugh at my inner thoughts.

     "Yeah that's a really bad idea. I couldn't imagine having to pretend to be Kota's girlfriend. That would be way too awkward. I don't think the pretending to be a boy thing would work either. If you made yourself not so pretty that may help with the attention from boys and jealousy from girls but that won't do anything to help with being around that many people will it?" At least we were on the same page with the not being able to be his pretend girlfriend.

    "I'd have to be pretty to make myself not so pretty silly girl. I was thinking making myself taller and maybe look more like his sibling. It's actually kinda weird how we really don't look anything alike.  I never thought of it until the boys came into my life like a freight train but now I'm questioning everything." It was true everything I had known to be true I'm now questioning.

    How can I look so different from Erik? I understand he looks more like Dad but every aspect of our features were bipolar opposites. His hair was so black it was almost a blue tint to it curling past the lobe of his ear, mine was light and shiny curling slightly to fall in waves down my back. He made me feel like a porcelain doll compared to him with his olive complexion.  His frame reminded me of a bear he was wide in the shoulders and filled the whole door frame towering over my petite stature by at least a foot. Our eyes were even different mine more like round jades compared to his almond shaped icy blue. My nose was petite and button like compared to his Romanesque profile. The only similarity I could find in is in our lips. We both had full lips mine more bow like. As I thought of our differences I tried to think about what I could change in myself to make myself more Erik like.

    "I got it, it's not ideal but it could definitely work." Jess exclaimed. I looked at her expectantly. After she explained her idea and I had to admit it did sound much better than Erik's and probably would be a whole lot easier to pretend even if it was similar. I conveyed to Erik what I needed him to do to Erica's memory and Jess and I worked out the details to the plan.

~~~~~ Academy  POV

Meanwhile at Kota's house

Dr. Sean Green's POV

    I blinked my eyes several times and looked at my watch. Where had the day gone? I can't remember what I had done all day wasn't I on call today? I know I'm in Kota's room but why were we here? Usually if we have family discussions we would have them at Nathan's house where there won't be any interruptions. I pull out my phone from my pocket hoping I had some clues there. I know I don't usually put things in my calendar but this nagging feeling is bugging me. For some reason my eyes keeps focusing on the message icon so I go with it and open it. I see a text with Phil, a group chat and a text from Luke. After opening the text with Phil stating we were having a family emergency, I open the one from Luke thinking that would be quicker. A picture of a beautiful blond snuggled up to a big dark haired man in bed had me a bit confused as to why he sent it to me.

    "Hey Luke, why did you sent me this picture?  Who are they but more importantly who is she?" I look over at him expectantly.

    He pulls his phone out and looks at it. "Are you sure it was me who sent it to you because I don't have any unknown pictures on my phone or sent messages."

    "Hey, you sent it to me too. Who is she I have got to get my hands on her hair." Gabriel and his obsession with hair. He can have her hair I want everything else.

    Oddly everyone was sent the picture but no one remembers getting it. No one knows who they are either including Luke who has finally seen the picture after Gabe shoves his face toward his face. Just when I was about to open the group text Erica yells from downstairs. "Dakota, do you have either Erik or Sang's phone number? Jessica went over to their house and I need to get a message to her."

    I looked over at everyone in turn. "Who's that Mom?" Kota yelled down to her. Owen motioned for him to just go down there to talk to her. He nodded his head and walked down the stairs.

     I couldn't get this nagging feeling out of my head. I wish I knew what it was that was bothering me. Was it the picture? I'm not sure what it was.

    Kota finally walked back in a few minutes later with a slight grin on his face. "Well I solved one of my questions. Erik and Sang live across the street they just moved in last night. Jess went over there earlier. I don't have either of their numbers so I'm headed over there if anyone wants to come with."

    Owen chimes in. "I think I may have a few other answers apparently last night Luke went to investigate a light in the house across the street that you Kota alerted me to. A little while later he was upset and we had a family meeting at Nathan's at Luke's request. He apparently sent the picture to us all. So these people must be Erik and Sang who live next door. Does any of this ring any bells or does anyone remember any of this? I personally don't remember any of it at all. Something has been done to our memories I'm almost positive of it." Wait Owen is scaring me, when did he stop being formal. He must be extremely worried or agitated because I don't know when the last time he spoke this informally was.

  "Well I guess that answers who is coming with me. I hope we don't scare them with all of us going over there." Kota deadpans.

   "I wonder if they are dating or if she's single." I can't help but put that out there so they know I'm interested, sort of unofficially staking my claim.

    "Oh hell no, I already claimed her when I said I wanted to get my hands on her hair, sorry Doc." Gabe whined. Oh no, he didn't just pull that card did he.

    I'm halfway to the house across the street when it dawns on me, I didn't pop Gabe in the back of the head like I wanted to after that unofficial claiming comment earlier. Oh well no time like the present, I thought as my hand connects with his head and his head falls forward. I couldn't stop the smirk that forms he will think twice about claiming my girl again.

     I finally make it to the door to realize they have already rung the doorbell. Kota is standing in front of the door waiting patiently as the rest of us crowd around him trying not to fall all over him.  The door finally opens to reveal a mammoth of a man. He rivals Silas in height and North in scariness.  He is very attractive too, which is not going to bode well for me if I am going to win the blonde in the picture's attention.

    Kota stuck his hand out in front of him, "Hi, I'm Kota, Jessica's brother. My mom wanted me to relay a message to her is she still here?" I could see the wheels turning in his head waiting to see what this guy is going to say.

    His timbering deep voice rung out, "Erik Norris, yeah Jess is actually not here right now. She went with Sang on a walk with Astrid and Freya or if Sang has Astrid then Sang is the one getting walked. She's a 5 month old St Bernard puppy with boundless energy and strength to match.  Sang weighs almost the same amount as her." His booming laughter caused a knot to form in the pit of my stomach.

    "Do you know how long they will be or does Sang have a cell you can call so we can relay the message to Jess." Kota asked.

    "I'm not sure how long they will be gone to be truthful. They are walking to the grocery store to pick up some milk. Sang always likes to know where to buy food first before she finds anything else. They left a little over half an hour ago and I just realized about ten minutes ago Sang forgot her phone in the bathroom again. Trust me you don't want to know. Hell, I don't think I want to know either. I never know what to expect with her. She's a spitfire that's for sure." Well from what he said if they are only going for milk they should be getting back in a few minutes. Unless they walk slow then I'm not sure how long it will take. Wait why did she forget her phone in the bathroom or did he not say. 

    "Well if they walked slow they should be getting there now, would you mind if we waited for them to get back. I'm sorry I am being rude these are my friends, Nathan, Victor, Luke, Gabe, North, Silas, Sean, and Owen. Sean and Owen are probably around your age. The rest of us are either 16 or 17." Kota was fishing for information, I see.

    "How old do you think I am?" Erik laughed. Laughed, wait why is he laughing.

    "Uh around 19 or 20?" Kota squeaked out. He started looking around for one of us to bail him out. Nope, sorry buddy, you need to dig yourself out of this one on your own.

    "Sorry, I'm afraid to tell ya this but I'm your age dude. Sang will get a kick out of the fact you thought that I could be that old. It's bad enough she calls me papa bear as it is now. Don't give her more ammo to use against me." At least Erik was being a good sort about it. Makes me wonder how much older he is than Sang for her to call him that. "Damn, now where are my manners, please come in. Also please don't let Sang know or I'll never hear the end of it. She's a stickler about manners and all that shit." Erik stepped back into the house and we all start piling in.

    I'm surprised at how put together the house was. How was it this done, they just moved in yesterday. I was expecting boxes and things everywhere. There were no boxes even empty ones in sight. Sang and Erik must have been working all night and day to get the house like this unless they had movers help them but Kota would have noticed that. The questions keep adding up but unfortunately answers are not.

    Erik motioned toward the living room where a couch, love seat and two chairs were placed around an oversized ottoman. A 60 inch TV hung opposite the couch on the wall. From the look of the room I think we would all have room to sit. Over in the corner I seen a dog bed with a few toys in it.

    Erik was with North over by the couch I assume talking about cars or girls or the color black, who knows. Silas and Gabe are standing there facing them nodding their heads occasionally so must not be discussing the merits of the color black or Gabe would be more animated. Nathan, Kota, Luke, and Victor are conspiring with Owen while I just watched them all suffering from sheer boredom.

    I'm not sure how long it was until the door opened and a large fluff ball bound in the house headed toward Erik. "Honey, we're home!" A melodic husky voice calls out from the door. I noticed Nathan flinched a little at that. Hmm that's odd. We all turn toward the door to see the puppy dragging a giggling woman who was more beautiful than in the picture behind it as it squirms and prances to an amused Erik. "Astrid, go to your bed like a good girl, no don't look at Daddy to save you. Go. You're not in trouble I just don't want you under foot right now." She drops the leash and points toward the dog bed in the corner. "I'm going to put the milk in the fridge can you help Jess get Freya in please." I assume she was speaking to Erik because every single one of us had our attention and eyes following her as she disappeared into the kitchen with a bag I didn't notice a moment ago. The puppy dutifully lumbers over to her bed and plops down her tongue slightly hanging out.

    A minute later Jess walks in with a huge grin on her face as Erik follows her pushing a baby stroller. As soon as he clears the door he closes it and coos down into the carrier facing him. "Did Daddy's baby girl have a fun walk with Mommy and her new friend Jessica?" What the hell!?! He reaches into the carrier and picks up the most beautiful baby I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of babies. I so didn't see this coming and from the shocked expressions around me neither did any one else. I look over to Kota who has his brows furrowed and glaring at Erik. Is he going to confirm it or not, what the hell Kota! Is he telling the truth or not?

~~~

Sorry it's unedited so any mistakes please point out I'm doing this on my phone so it's a pain to edit beforehand. I'm trying to get the next update up within a day or two I'm hoping to finish this story before the end of the year. Hope you liked it. Love y'all <3 B

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 12.7K 70
Cover by @theWritersed - they are super amazing!! Sang spent her childhood waiting for the next punishment and the next letter. One brought her pain...
177K 10.5K 42
COMPLETED Mad: •Insane •Very angry •Great, remarkable Sang Sorenson is mad. Very mad. But growing up in the mafia with an abusive family, who wouldn'...
High Stakes By SB

Fanfiction

193K 9.1K 29
Fanfiction of C.L.Stone's Academy series. Re-imagines Academy world with vampires and vampire hunters. Violence. Romance. Suspense. Oh my! Sang Soren...
250K 18.3K 83
After Sang's family died she was moved from foster home to foster home. She has finally found a new life with her adopted parents, but she has yet t...