Jaded (Dramione FanFic)

By ethereallie

"It's hard when you know you shouldn't hold on, and yet you're too in love to let go..." Hermione croaked. "T... More

Chapter One: Confessions
Chapter Two: Bust the windows of your car
Chapter Three: Already Gone
Chapter Four: Happily never after
Chapter Five: I remember
Chapter Six: Don't speak
Chapter Seven: Strange and Beautiful
Chapter Eight: Just give it time
Chapter Ten: Wide awake
Chapter Eleven: The hardest part of letting go
Chapter Twelve: Today my life begins
Chapter Thirteen: Kiss me
Chapter Fourteen: Daylight
Chapter Fifteen: Total eclipse of the heart
Chapter Sixteen: Safe and sound
Chapter Seventeen: You give me something
Chapter eighteen: Best thing I never had
Chapter Nineteen: You give love a bad name
Chapter Twenty: I choose you
Chapter Twenty One: Ever after
Epilogue: Bless the broken road

Chapter Nine: Heartbreak warfare

36.6K 1K 1.3K
By ethereallie

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Potter Mansion – London, England – 7:05 P.M

"Did you like your chicken munchkin?" Harry asked his daughter.

Candice nodded her head as she continued munching enthusiastically.

Astoria smiled at her daughter and turned towards her husband; "Where did you buy this food love? It's so good!" she exclaimed.

Harry took a sip of his water; "It's the new restaurant in Kensington Gardens love, they sell the best Indian food in London" he replied.

Astoria's eyes widen; "You've been to Muggle London? Why didn't you take me along?" she pouted.

Harry chuckled; "I'll take you there next weekend love, I promise" he said.

"You better! You know I like going there" Astoria replied brightly.

Harry smiled at his wife endearingly; "It still amazes me, every time you tell me that you love Muggle London" he said.

Astoria rolled her eyes; "Why? Because I'm a pureblood?" she asked.

"Purbud!" Candice repeated happily.

Harry chuckled and turned towards his daughter, pinching her chubby cheeks affectionately. "It's not that love and you know it. It's just weird seeing you mingle with Muggles" he clarified.

Astoria's face brightened; "I love seeing your Muggle heritage, it makes me know you more" she explained.

Harry turned towards his wife and smiled; he then leaned forward and planted a chaste kiss on her lips. "I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" Astoria replied.

Crack!

Fifi appeared out of thin air and curtseyed; "Fifi is here Master and Mistress because you's have visitor" she squeaked.

Astoria threw Harry a knowing look and turned towards the elf; "Is it Ronald Weasley Fifi?" she asked.

"Yes, Mistress. Mr. Weasley is at the foyer" Fifi replied.

Harry's face hardened as his lips curled into a sneer.

Astoria noticed her husband's reaction and stood up; she then turned towards her daughter and kneeled at her side. "Are you finish love? Do you want to play with Mr. Duck?" she asked.

Candice hastily discarded her fork and turned towards her mother; she let out a high squeal and nodded her head vigorously. "Dak!" she exclaimed.

Astoria smiled and plucked her daughter from the chair; carrying her into her arms. "Say good night to Daddy first, munchkin" she said.

Harry stood up from his chair and walked towards his wife; "Daddy will be up in a few minutes Munchkin, I just need to talk with someone.  I'll read your favourite story, okay?" he said.

Candice nodded; "Stowy!"

Harry smiled; he then leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on her daughter's head.

"Be gentle, love" Astoria whispered. She then turned around and began walking towards the stairs.

Harry watched his wife and daughter, disappear from the staircase before he turned towards the elf; "Fifi, you mentioned that Ronald is outside the foyer right?" he asked.

Fifi nodded vigorously; "Yes, Master. Does Master want Fifi to take Mr. Weasley to the living room?" she asked.

Harry shook his head; "That's not necessary, I'll speak with him outside. You can go now" he dismissed.

Fifi bowed; "Yes Master" she answered before vanishing again into thin air.

Harry closed his eyes tightly and clenched his fist.

oOo

Malfoy's Beach House – Maldives Island – 11:20 P.M

"Hermione?"

Hermione wiped her cheeks hastily before she turned towards the voice; "Is there anything you need Draco?" she croaked.

Draco studied her face and frowned; "Are you crying again?" he asked.

Hermione cleared her throat while sitting straight from the recliner; "I'm not, my eyes are just tired" she lied.

Draco stepped out into the balcony and began walking towards the railings; he stood right in front of it crossed his arms on top of his chest. He then threw a look at Hermione for a couple of seconds but quickly turned his gaze into the ebon night sky.

"What are you doing here?" Hermione asked.

"Do you know how to swim?" Draco asked off-handedly.

Hermione's brows rose in surprise; "Errr...yes?" she replied.

Draco continued gazing at the sky; "Do you want to swim?" he asked.

"Swim?" Hermione asked confusedly.

Draco turned towards her and smiled; "Yes, swim" he replied.

Hermione began rubbing her arms; "When?" she asked.

"Now"

Hermione stopped rubbing and stared at the man standing a couple of feet away from her; "But it's almost midnight" she said.

Draco smiled wider; he then began walking towards the stairs, ignoring his companion's incredulous face. He descended 2 steps down but he stopped; he turned his head towards Hermione and smirked; "Live a little Granger, life is too short" he said. He peeled his shirt off boldly and hangs it on top of the banister; he then continued his trek towards the shore that's illuminated by the pale moonlight.

Hermione stood from her perch and began walking towards the railing; she braises her hands on top of it and eyed his pale sculpted back as he walked towards the shore. "Live a little..." she whispered to herself. She then gripped it tightly and closed her eyes; "Live a little" she repeated. She then snapped her eyes open and took a deep breath; "Hey Malfoy!" she shouted.

Draco stopped in his tracks and turned towards Hermione; "Yes?" he asked.

Hermione pulled her hands from the railings and squared her shoulders; "Wait for me" she said.

Draco smiled wider and nodded.

Hermione padded towards the stairs and began descending; she then began trekking the sand until she reached Draco.

"You're swimming in those?" Draco asked while starring at her PJ's.

Hermione rolled her eyes and plucked the wand from her back pocket; she then pointed it towards her PJ's and transfigured it into one of her bikinis.

Draco's eyes widen as he stared at Hermione's outfit.

Hermione didn't notice her companion's stare as she started double checking her bikinis knots.

Draco quickly averted his gaze when he caught himself staring; he felt his cheeks redden in embarrassment so he started stretching.

"You're swimming in those?" Hermione asked while pointing at his khakis.

Draco's head snapped towards Hermione and dropped his arms; he then pulled his wand from his back pocket and started wiggling it before her eyes. "Of course not, I'll transfigure it as well" he replied.

Hermione's brows furrowed as she studied his face; "I think you need to apply some sunscreen Draco, your cheeks are so red" she said innocently.

Draco tried his best to ignore her words and pointed his wand at his khaki shorts; transfiguring it into a simple grey board shorts.

Hermione moved closer and raised her right hand; she then poked his right cheek with her pointer finger. "Does that hurt?" she asked.

Draco just blinked.

Hermione pulled her hand away; "Draco?" she said.

Draco snapped out of his trance and shook his head; "I'm fine Hermione, don't mind the redness, its normal" he replied. He then threw his wand towards the sand and began walking towards the waters.

Hermione flicked her wand and accioed two beach towels; once she had it in her hands she carefully laid both of them on top of the sand. She then flicked her wand again and summoned Draco's wand; she grasped the stick with her left hand and carefully placed it on top of their towel, joining hers.

"Aren't you coming in?" Draco asked.

Hermione turned towards Draco; "Is it cold?" she asked.

Draco began scooping water with hands; "Nope" he replied.

Hermione walked towards the shore and stood; she felt goose bumps crawl on her arms when the water kissed her feet. "It's cold!" she exclaimed.

Draco moved deeper into the waters; once his waist deep he leaned back and felt his body plunge into its icy depths.

Hermione watched his blonde head submerged into the water. After a couple of seconds and he still hasn't resurfaced, she felt worry gnaw at her chest; "Draco?" she called out. When she didn't get any response she took a step into the cold water, sinking ankle deep; "Draco?" she called out louder.

Draco is still out of sight.

Hermione walked into the water until she reached the spot where she last saw him; she began looking around with worry. "Stop making jokes, it's not funny! Where are you?" she shouted.

Draco immediately burst out of the water and stood a couple of feet away from her.

Hermione turned towards him and felt instant relief flood her chest; "What the bloody hell were you doing!?" she hissed.

Draco began rubbing his face free from salt water; he then smoothed his hair out of his face and stared at the hissing woman. "Calm down Hermione, you don't want me thinking that you actually care for me" he teased.

Hermione crossed her arms on top of her chest and huffed; "It's not funny!" she scowled.

Draco chuckled; "I'm sorry if I scared you there" he said sincerely.

Hermione just kept silent, still avoiding his gaze.

Draco began moving closer and stopped beside her; he gently poked her arm with his pointer finger and smirked. "Come on Hermione, don't be like that" he cajoled.

Hermione felt herself relenting and sighed; "Just don't do that again..." she half whispered.

Draco nodded; "I promise, I didn't mean to scare you, I was just teasing" he said.

Hermione nodded.

"You should take a dip, once your body gets used to the water it's actually warm" Draco said.

Hermione raised her brow; "Really?" she asked.

"Why don't you try it?" he said.

Hermione averted his gaze and eyed the black water uncertainly.

Draco rolled his eyes; "Seriously?" he said to himself.

Hermione turned towards her companion to ask what he said but her voice was caught inside her throat when she was hauled up into his shoulders.

Draco let out a bark of laughter as he carried her to the deeper part of the water.

Hermione began wiggling wildly, trying to loosen Draco's grip. "Put me down Malfoy!" she shrieked.

Draco ignored her protest and swatted her leg; "Stop wiggling or I'll throw you" he threatened.

Hermione's eyes widen; "You wouldn't dare!" she gasped.

Draco chuckled; "Now now Granger, don't tempt me, I might follow thru my threat" he tutted.

Hermione began grasping his board shorts.

Draco froze; "Hoy! Stop doing that!" he said.

Hermione smirked; "Not a chance Malfoy, if I'm going down, you're going with me" she said.

Draco smiled evilly; "Your wish is my command then" he said. He then leaned forward and submerges face first into the water.

Hermione didn't even get the chance to scream because her body was instantly plunged into the icy waters.

oOo

Potter Mansion – London, England – 7:15 P.M

Ron's face brightened upon seeing his best friend opening their front door; "Finally! What the bloody hell is wrong with your house elf? She doesn't want to let me in!" he complained.

Harry remained passive as he stepped out of their threshold; he the closed the door behind him and stared at the man standing in their foyer.

Ron felt unease settle in his gut because Harry didn't acknowledge his sentiments; "Harry?" he asked tentatively.

Harry cleared his throat and fixed the perch of his glasses on his nose; "Ronald" he said.

Ron heard warning bells inside his head but he stifled it; "Why so formal mate?" he asked.

"Astoria told me you were here this afternoon" Harry said stiffly.

Ron frowned; "Yes I was here but your little wife didn't even invite me in" he spat.

Harry felt his jaw tighten as he tried to suppress his incoming anger; "I know, I told her to" he said.

Ron's eyes widen.

Harry plucked his wand from his pocket and began twirling it with his fingers; "Come on Ronald, do you think I would let you in my house after what you have done to my best friend?" he asked darkly.

Ron felt embarrassment and guilt gnaw at his chest; "I didn't mean to do it Harry—"

"DONT TELL ME YOU DIDN'T MEAN IT WHEN WE VERY WELL KNOW YOU DID!" Harry roared.

Ron took a step back and felt his body shaking; he nervously began fumbling with his pockets, searching for his wand.

"Accio wand!" Harry thundered.

Ron felt his face pale when he saw his wand soaring towards his best friend's hand.

Harry grabbed both wands in his hand and slipped it into his pocket; "You dare hex me inside my property Weasley?" he shouted.

Ron gulped and took another step back; "I'm not hexing you I'm just—"

"Don't you dare lie to me! I heard enough of your pathetic lies!" Harry said. He then took a step forward; "I already warned you before Ron, hurt her again and you'll get it but of course you are too busy thinking with you stupid prick!" he said.

Ron felt anger bubbling inside his chest; "Don't you think I regret it? Do you think it makes me happy seeing Hermione hurt? I love her! I was going to marry her for Merlin's sake!" he shouted.

Harry felt his body shaking with anger as he listen to Ron's words; "Love? You love her? You don't get to say those words because we all know that you don't have the capability to love anyone, you only love yourself!" he bellowed.

 "Don't you dare insult me Harry because you don't know what I really feel! Not even half of it!" Ron hissed.

"I don't know how you feel? Pray tell Ronald, what do you really feel?"

Ron moved closer to the railing and braised himself; he then grasped the banister with both hands and bowed his head. "You don't know how it feels whenever she rejects me every time I try to be intimate with her! You don't know how hard it is to—"

"SEX? IS THIS ALL ABOUT SEX?" Harry asked indignantly.

Ron began opening his mouth to respond but was cut off by Harry clutching his shirt with both of his hands.

"YOU HURT YOUR FIANCE AND YOUR BEST FRIEND FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT?" Harry asked angrily.

Ron began struggling; trying with all his might to free himself from Harry's clutches.

Harry felt his temper slip and began pummeling Ron with his bare fist; "YOU BASTARD! YOU FUCKING BASTARD! IF THAT'S SO IMPORTANT TO YOU THEN YOU SHOULD'VE SAID SO! YOU SHOULD'VE ASKED HER AND NOT GO ABOUT FUCKING EVERY WILLING SLUT THAT COMES YOUR WAY!" he roared.

Ron began shielding his face with his arms.

Harry kept hitting him relentlessly; "YOU'RE A PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A MAN! I CAN'T BELIEVE I TREATED YOU AS BROTHER! YOU'RE STILL FULL OF SHIT!" he shouted.

Ron was groaning loudly as blood surge from the cut on his lips and brows.

"Petrificus Totalus!"

Harry froze in mid strike as Ron's bloodied prone form slumped into the floor.

Astoria hurriedly walked towards her husband and leaned forward; "I will release you from this spell but you have to promise me that you will stop this barbaric act Harry James Potter!" she said sternly.

Harry kept still.

"Oh" Astoria realized that her husband can't speak. "Blink your eyes once if you agree" she said.

Harry blinked once.

Astoria pointed her wand towards her husband; "Finite Incantatem" she whispered.

Harry fell forward but Astoria pulled him right; he then turned towards his wife and winced. "I'm sorry love, I didn't mean to—"

Astoria raised her pale brow.

Harry closed his mouth.

Astoria peered behind her husband's back and studied Ron's bloodied form; "We need to send him to St. Mungo's love, he seems passed out" she observed.

Harry ignored her assessment and began studying his swelling fist; he winced when he tried opening it.

Astoria turned her gaze towards her husband's hand; "I still can't believe that you opted to pummel him with you bare hands! That's so barbaric!" she said.

"I didn't mean to. He annoyed me with his stupid reasoning and before I know it, I'm hitting his face. It felt good" Harry said.

Astoria sighed; "Good thing I came down as soon as I can, I can't imagine what would've happened if I didn't reach you in time, you might've killed him" she said.

Harry averted his wife's gaze; emotions raging into his emerald eyes.

Astoria noticed her husband's reaction so she hastily planted a soft kiss into his lips, rectifying her previous words. "I know you wouldn't love, it's just a figure of speech" she clarified.

Harry's face softened as he gathered her into his arms; "I was so angry with him..." he mumbled.

Astoria wrapped her arms around his waist and began rubbing his back soothingly; "You have the right to be angry love..." she whispered.

Harry pulled away; "I think we should have Fifi heal him partially and have her apparate him home. He still deserves some physical pain" he said.

Astoria nodded; "Alright, we'll do that. Fifi?" she called.

The elf appeared inside the foyer; "Yes Mistress?" she squeaked.

"Please heal some of Mr. Weasleys wound and apparate him home" Astoria commanded.

Fifi nodded; "Yes Mistress" the elf bowed.

"Thank you Fifi" Astoria smiled. She then began pulling her husband's forearm; "Let's get you fixed love" she said.

Harry threw Ron a hateful look and turned towards Astoria; "Let's go..." he said.

Astoria wrapped her arm on his waist; "We'll have that fixed then you can read Candice her bed time story" she said.

Harry let out a small smile; "I'd like that..." he said.

oOo

Malfoy's Beach House – Maldives Island – 11:45 P.M

"I still can't believe you almost drowned me" Hermione said while sitting on wet sand by the shore.

Draco stopped studying the shell in his hands and turned towards the woman sitting beside him; "I didn't drown you Granger, you're over reacting" he said.

Hermione rolled her eyes; "But you did! You plunged me into the water without my permission" she pouted.

Draco chuckled; he then threw the shell back into the ocean and leaned back on his elbows. "I won't let you drown Granger, it's against the oath I took" he reminded her.

"It still amazes me that you've become a Healer" Hermione blurted out.

Draco raised his brow; "And why is that?" he asked.

Hermione shrugged her shoulders; "I've always portrayed you as a businessman, I guess" she said.

"A businessman?" Draco asked.

Hermione nodded; "Yes, the ones who sit behind a huge desk with pretty blonde huge bosom assistant ready at your beck and call" she said.

Draco eyed her for a couple of seconds and burst out laughing; making him fall flat on his back.

Hermione bit her lip to keep herself from joining; "What's so funny?" she asked. 

Draco wiped his eyes with his hands; "That was so funny!" he said.

"Why?"

Draco sat up and began shaking his head; "Because that's what I used to do before I decided to be a Healer" he said.

Hermione's eyes widen in surprise; "Really?" she asked.

Draco nodded; "Yes Granger, I used to saunter inside Malfoy's Inc everyday and used to boss around my assistant. The only difference is, my assistant is actually a bloke" he said.

"A bloke?"

"Yes, a man. My Mother refused to keep my Father's assistant because according to her, Francine's bosom is bigger than her brains" Draco said.

Hermione giggled.

Draco smiled.

"Wow. I bet you were sad to see her go" Hermione said.

Draco looked thoughtful for a couple of minutes but shook his head; "Not really, I don't fancy re-writing every report she writes" he replied.

Hermione shook her head.

Draco then turned towards her; "Granger, I haven't asked you this but what's your work? I mean I know you work in the Ministry but it was never clear which department you're working for" he said.

"Really? I mean, I see you there often" Hermione said.

"I don't normally keep track of my school mates' record you know, it would be stalkerish" Draco said.

Hermione nodded in agreement; "Definitely stalkerish" she amended. "I actually work for Muggle relations I process papers for those who are being obliviated" she said.

"Oh"

"Yes, I know. Boring job and all, but that's my life" Hermione said.

Draco turned to look at the calm sea; "I've always pegged you to be an Auror, you know" he said.

Hermione huffed; "Everybody expected me to be one so I decided to disappoint them and sign up for a different job" she said.

Draco nodded.

Hermione leaned back on her elbows, mimicking Draco's early pose and sighed. "I guess I already had my fill of chasing criminals so I decided to take a more laid-back job" she added.

"Well, you can't be blamed"

Hermione nodded; "If you're a Healer then why are you always in the Ministry?" she asked.

Draco smiled; "I also work part time for M.L.E" he said.

Hermione furrowed her brows.

"I'm their resident Healer, I take care of Auror's who are injured during an encounter" Draco explained. "And oh, I also do their annual physical exams" he said.

"I can imagine how busy you are, you have to tend to your Ministry duties then entertain all of the other patients in St. Mungo's" Hermione surmised.

"I think that's also the reason why Mum sent me here, I haven't gotten the chance to use my leave credits, and it's been ages since I last took a leave of absence" Draco said.

"How long?" Hermione asked.

"To be honest, I can't even remember, I'm always on call" Draco said slyly.

Hermione eyed him for a couple of seconds and burst out laughing.

Draco crinkled his nose and turned towards Hermione; "Why are you laughing?" he asked.

"Looks like we're on the same page Malfoy, I can't remember the last time I had time off" Hermione admitted.

Draco smirked; "We can't help it, we're hardworking people" he said.

Hermione nodded; "We are" she replied.

Draco then let out a yawn; he then stood up and offered his hand to Hermione. "It's already late, I think it's time to retire" he said.

Hermione eyed his hand for a couple of seconds and accepted it; she let him haul her into a standing position and smiled at him. "Thank you" she said.

Draco gestured towards the towels on the sand; "Shall we?" he asked.

"We shall" Hermione replied.

oOo

The next day...

Knock...Knock...Knock

 "Rise and shine Granger!" Draco hollered enthusiastically.

Hermione stirred from her slumber but covered her face with her pillow.

Knock...Knock...Knock

Hermione groaned and burrowed further into her covers, ignoring Draco's insistent knocks.

"Don't make me come in there Granger! Wake up! It's a beautiful day! I'm planning to visit town, I'm taking you with me!" Draco happily chattered outside her door.

Hermione pulled the pillow off her face and began rubbing her eyes sleepily; "Go away Malfoy!" she croaked.

"Come on Hermione! Wake up! I'm being a gracious host here! Please get dressed in 30 minutes or I'll dress you myself!" Draco warned well heartedly.

Hermione's eyes widen as she struggle to sit up; "I'm up!" she shouted.

Draco barked out a loud laugh; "See you in 30 minutes then, we'll have brunch there" he said before leaving.

Hermione sat for a couple of minutes before deciding to move; she threw the covers of her body and crawled towards the edge of the bed. She lazily stood up and began padding towards the luxurious bathroom; once inside she moved towards the porcelain sink and braised her hands on top of it. She studied her reflection for a couple of minutes and felt a soft pang inside her chest when she noticed her puffy eyes; she immediately shook her head and turned on the tap. "Don't think about it Hermione Granger, you can't think of him anymore. It's about time you start forgetting about it, it's time to stop crying" she said to herself.

Crack

Hermione eyes widen as she turned towards the sound.

"Good Morning Mistress" Didi greeted toothily.

Hermione felt relief wash through her body when she saw the tiny elf standing beside the tub; "Good morning Didi" she replied.

"Young Master Draco asked Didi to make sure you is awake" Didi said.

Hermione rolled her eyes and turned towards the sink; she placed her hands under the running water and began washing it. "Tell Mal—Draco that I'm up and running, I'll meet him after 30 minutes" she said.

"Yes Mistress" Didi said, she then bowed and vanished with a loud crack.

Once she was alone again she turned the tap off; she padded towards the nearest shelf and got herself a white fluffy towel. She then walked towards the huge bath and hung her towel on the nearest hook, she stepped inside the large glass cubicle and began peeling of her PJ's; "This will be a long day" she said to herself. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

973K 9.7K 37
he kissed her like his life depended on it. and it did. draco wondered if she knew- wondered if she'd still choose him. *currently in serious revis...
175K 2.7K 39
"you lied to me, you manipulated me, you changed me, you hurt me, but I could never stop loving you"
839 41 18
In a moment of weakness Hermione granger finds herself being comforted by Draco Malfoy, things escalate and their feelings become irrevocable
1.2M 41.1K 18
"Why does the room reek of Malfoy's cologne?" "This is Amortentia, Harry. It's a love potion. It smells different to everyone depending on what what...