Jaded (Dramione FanFic)

由 ethereallie

"It's hard when you know you shouldn't hold on, and yet you're too in love to let go..." Hermione croaked. "T... 更多

Chapter One: Confessions
Chapter Two: Bust the windows of your car
Chapter Three: Already Gone
Chapter Four: Happily never after
Chapter Six: Don't speak
Chapter Seven: Strange and Beautiful
Chapter Eight: Just give it time
Chapter Nine: Heartbreak warfare
Chapter Ten: Wide awake
Chapter Eleven: The hardest part of letting go
Chapter Twelve: Today my life begins
Chapter Thirteen: Kiss me
Chapter Fourteen: Daylight
Chapter Fifteen: Total eclipse of the heart
Chapter Sixteen: Safe and sound
Chapter Seventeen: You give me something
Chapter eighteen: Best thing I never had
Chapter Nineteen: You give love a bad name
Chapter Twenty: I choose you
Chapter Twenty One: Ever after
Epilogue: Bless the broken road

Chapter Five: I remember

50.1K 1.1K 2.6K
由 ethereallie

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione ran towards her car while brushing away the tears that's clouding her eyes; when she reached her destination, she yanked the door open and hastily slid inside the driver seat, she then pulled the door closed and yelled at the top of her lungs. Loud sobs escaped her lips as she struggle to let air in her lungs; she then began hitting the stirring wheel with her closed fists as tears continue to cascade down her sullen cheeks.

oOo 

Theo stood up and plucked his beer from the table; he drained the bottle in one go and slammed it back. "I better go," he said.

Draco also stood up and polished his own drink; "I'll also head out" he said.

Blaise threw both men an incredulous look and continued drinking his beer.

"Why are guys leaving? It's still early!" Gregory said.

Draco took his coat from the back of his chair and began shrugging it on; "I had a long day Greg, I need to sleep early because my shift starts 6 in the morning" he replied.

"I also have a date, so, I need to freshen up a bit" Theo piped in.

"You guys are no longer fun!" Gregory said petulantly.

Draco chuckled; he then began walking towards the door, with Theo on tow. He exited the establishment and pulled his coat tighter to his body. "Damn its cold!" he cursed.

Theo laughed and patted his friends back; "You're starting to show signs of aging mate!" he teased.

Draco shrugged his hands off and jokingly punched Theo on his arm; "Arse!" he said.

Theo chuckled as he rubbed his aching arm; "Old as you may be, you still pack a punch Malfoy" he said.

Draco puffed out his chest and stood straight; "Of course I do, you ninny!" he replied.

Theo shook his head; "Oh, I almost forgot, the manuscripts that you asked me to order in Italy has already been delivered yesterday. I was supposed to bring it with me today but I kind of forgot" he said.

Draco raised his pale brow; "Who's showing signs of aging again?" he asked.

Theo rolled his eyes; "So, are you planning on getting it today or do you want me to just owl it to your house?" he asked.

Draco thought for a couple of minutes and took a peak from his wrist watch; "I'll just get it today, I can't wait to get my hands on those ancient files" he replied excitedly.

Theo smirked; "You're turning into a book worm mate" he teased.

Draco chuckled.

"Apparate straight, okay?" Theo asked.

"I'll see you there!" Draco said.

Theo nodded and dissaparated with loud crack.

"Show off" Draco whispered. He then took his wand from his coat pocket and apparated with a pop.

oOo

"Millie?"

Millicent turned towards the fire place; "Come on in Pans!" she slurred.

Pansy stepped out of the fire place and tapped her wand on her dress, vanishing all the soot; she then padded forward the couch and braised her hands on her waist. "Are you drunk?" she asked.

Millicent smiled widely; "I'm not drunk!" she replied. She then patted the empty seat beside her; "I just had tad vodka to drink" she added.

Pansy moved towards the couch and sat down; "A little? You smell like a drunkard in Knockturn Alley!" she said distastefully while scrunching her nose.

Millicent cackled and leaned back; "I'm not!" she replied.

Pansy sighed and turned towards her friend; "What happened?" she asked concernedly.

Millicent groaned.

Pansy raised her pale brow; "Can you speak English? I don't understand groaning" she said.

Millicent turned her head towards Pansy and sighed; "He left..." she said vaguely.

"Who left?"

Millicent covered her face with her palms and began rubbing it furiously; "Ron left" she said.

Pansy kept silent, urging her friend to keep talking.

Millicent dropped her hands on her lap and sighed; "He chose the Mudblood" she spat. She then stood up and began pacing back and forth; "That fucking bastard chose that filthy blood over me! Can you believe that?" she bellowed.

Pansy leaned back on the couch and crossed her legs; "What did you expect Millie? You knew from the start that he's committed to her" she replied.

Millicent's head snapped towards Pansy and glared manically; "Are you defending them?" she asked sharply.

"Of course not!" Pansy replied. "I just want you to understand that whatever you're doing right now, the weasel is not worth all this shit" she added.

"BUT HE IS!" Millicent said while waiving her hands wildly.

"HE.IS.NOT! Because if he is then he would have had the balls to break if off with Granger the first time he screwed you! Wake up Millie! He doesn't give a bloody fuck about you! You were just convenient for him!" Pansy shrieked.

Millicent strode forward and planted a loud slap towards her friends face.

Pansy's head snapped sideways.

Millicent's eyes widen as her hand froze in mid-air; "P—Pans, I didn't mean to—I'm sorry" she stuttered.

Pansy hastily stood up and clenched her fist; she turned her back to her friend and padded toward the fire place. She scooped a hefty amount of floo powder and threw it on the grate, igniting the green flames. "I forgive you for slapping me" she said stonily. She then turned again and faced her friend; "But do it again and I will hex you're stupid arse into oblivion. Weasley does not love you nor care for you, live with it!" she said. She then stepped inside and shouted her destination clearly; the fire place burst into flames and she vanished almost instantly.

Millicent felt her knees gave in, making her fall into the couch with a loud thump; she then braised her elbows on top of her knees as she combed her fingers thru her messy hair.

oOo

"Did it meet your standards?" Theo asked while leaning on the door frame of his study.

Draco flicked the last page and turned towards his friend with a huge grin; "Yes it did. This is amazing" he said.

Theo smiled and shook his head.

Draco rolled the scrolls tightly and clasped the knot close; he slid it inside his satchel and stood up. "Well, thank you mate! I better head out, I still need to wake up early" he said.

"You're welcome; now, do you want to see Granger's latest victim?" Theo asked while wiggling his brows suggestively.

Draco thought for a minute and smiled; "Lets?" he asked.

Theo chuckled; "We need to go out the front then, it's parked on the street" he said. He then turned and started walking to his front door; he pulled it open and stepped out.

Draco followed his friend and studied his surroundings, he let out an appreciative whistle; "I didn't know you live in this posh neighbourhood Theo" he teased.

Theo rolled his eyes as began walking towards the pathway; "I don't live in a posh environment, it's just a homey neighbourhood" he replied.

"Whatever you say mate" Draco said.

"The weasel's house is one house away from mine, we'll have to walk so we can have a closer look" Theo explained.

Draco followed his friend; "How did you take that picture if you're a house away?" he asked curiously.

Theo grinned widely and turned his head towards his friend; "The power of high end phones mate! It has excellent zooming capabilities!" he said.

Draco laughed.

Theo stopped mid step and furrowed his brows.

Draco stopped behind him and peered at his shoulder; "What are you looking at?" he asked.

Theo pointed his finger to a car that is parked adjacent to the ruined vehicle; "I don't recognize that car" he said.

Draco squinted; "I think there's someone inside" he observed.

Theo looked again and began walking; he crossed street in a hurry and padded towards the parked car.

Draco followed his friend silently.

Theo stopped beside the passenger seat and peered inside.

Draco stood beside Theo and peered inside as well; "Is that Granger?" he asked disbelievingly.

Theo angled his face so he can see better; he then turned towards his friend and raised both his brows; "I think it is, she looks like she's passed out" he said.

Draco nudged Theo aside and began tapping on the window; when he didn't get any response he felt his Healer instinct kick in. He ran towards the other side and began tapping loudly on the window, trying hard to rouse the woman inside.

"What in bloody Merlin's name are you doing Draco?" Theo asked loudly.

Draco snapped his head towards his friend; "She's passed out Theo, she might be in trouble if we don't help her!" he replied.

Theo's eyes widen in shock.

Draco groaned and tried tapping her window continuously with his knuckles; he then tried pulling the door handle and instantly felt relief when it clicked open. He yanked the door open and leaned forward; he gently tapped Hermione's shoulder and still got no response. He hastily snatched her hand and tried feeling her pulse; he let out a sigh of relief when he felt a faint beat.

"Is she still alive?" Theo asked behind him.

"She is, but we need to take her to St. Mungo's. Her pulse is very faint" Draco assessed.

"You can't take her there! They will suspect that we did something to her!" Theo contested.

Draco's head snapped towards his friend; "They won't! I'm a resident Healer there" he replied.

Theo crossed his hands on top of his chest; "It's your call mate, I just hope you're not mistaken" he huffed.

Draco furrowed his brows and leaned forward; he gently scooped Hermione into his arms and stepped away from the car. "Theo, can you get the wand from my satchel?" he asked.

Theo moved closer and began opening his friend's bag; when he found the wand, he plucked it and handed it to Draco. "Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked.

Draco rolled his eyes; "I swore a Healers oath Theo, need I remind you my duties?" he asked.

Theo sighed and turned his gaze towards the pale witch; "Go on then, take her to the hospital, she looks so frail" he said.

Draco nodded and flicked his wand; dissaparating with the unconscious witch in his arms.

Theo slammed the car door shut and locked it with a charm; he then walked back towards his house, scratching his head.

oOo

St. Mungo's: Spell Reversal Ward

"Well Mr. Weasley and Ms. Brown, you are lucky that your condition is not that severe because if you stayed in your house a little bit longer it would have taken days to...err...disentangle you" Healer Anderson said with a poker face.

Ron stood up from his chair and offered his hand to the doctor; "Thank you Healer Anderson" he said.

Healer Anderson also stood up and accepted his hand, shaking it in return; "You are welcome" he replied. "And oh, you need to abstain for the next couple of days because we don't want a repeat performance, your both still healing" he added.

Lavender felt her face flush so she just nodded and bolted towards the door; she hastily stepped out and composed herself.

Ron nodded and followed Lavender.

"Mr. Weasley" Healer Anderson said.

Ron turned and faced the Healer again: "Yes?" he asked.

Healer Anderson smiled awkwardly; "Congratulations on your engagement" he said.

Ron let out an awkward smile and nodded; he stepped outside the door, closing it behind him.

"Errr..." Lavender said uncertainly.

Ron's head snapped towards the woman in front of him; "Nothing happened, okay?" he said stoically.

Lavender's brow furrowed; "What do mean nothing happened?" she asked.

Ron closed his eyes as he took a deep calming breath; "We should forget everything that happened. I still need to talk with Hermione. I need that ring, so please take it off" he said crassly.

Lavender felt tears cloud her eyes but she held her ground; she gritted her teeth and hastily ripped the ring from her finger. She threw the ring at his chest and clenched her jaw; "You are an arsehole Ronald Weasley, a fucking spineless jellyfish! Granger will not take you back because you are rotten cheater!" she yelled. She then turned her back and hastily walked towards the other direction.

Ron shook his head as he bend down; he plucked the ring from the floor and walked away.

"Interesting...I thought Granger and Weasley are together? Why did Brown take off her ring? Hmmmmnnn" A voice said.

oOo

Hermione opened her eyes and instantly felt panic when she realized she's no longer inside her car; she quickly sat up and began looking around frantically.

"I'm beginning to think that you like seeing me Granger" Draco drawled.

Hermione's head snapped towards the voice; "Where am I?" she asked confusedly.

Draco stood up from the chair and padded towards the bed; "You're in my chamber, you're now my sex slave" he seriously said.

Hermione felt the corner of her lips arc up into a smile as she shook her head; "You wish" she replied.

Draco smiled and sat at the foot of her bed; "I know you're a cheapskate sometimes Granger, but sleeping inside a car? That's a little bit extreme even for your taste" he teased.

Hermione cringed as memories flood thru her mind; "I have a house Malfoy" she replied.

Draco plucked her charts from the foot of the bed and placed it on his lap; he opened it and grabbed the pen in his coat pocket. "Let's see here, you've been here twice in one day. Based on these records you fainted last night because of exhaustion and oh, you have alcohol traces in your blood stream too" he said casually.

Hermione frowned; "What do you mean last night?" she asked.

Draco signed the chart and snapped it close; he stood up and inserted it back at the foot of the bed. "You've been here since last night. Theo and I found you passed out inside your car, so I brought you here" he replied. He then took a peek from his wrist watch; "It's already 9 in the morning, you stayed overnight" he added. 

Hermione groaned and fell back on the bed; she pulled the covers above her head and let out a huge sigh.

Draco moved closer and began tugging the covers; "What are you doing?" he asked curiously.

"I want to disappear and never come back!" Hermione mumbled under the covers.

Draco chuckled; "Well you can, just swish your wand and apparate, silly witch" he replied. "Oh, don't forget to check out, alright?" he added thoughtfully.

Hermione threw the covers off her face and sat up again; "Can I go?" she asked.

"Yes you can" Draco replied.

Hermione threw the blanket off her body and sat sideways on the bed; she slipped her feet in her shoes and stood up. She padded towards the comfort room and pushed the door open; before she stepped in, she looked back and smiled. "Thank you for saving me for the second time Malfoy, I appreciate it" she said sincerely.

Draco smirked; "My pleasure, well I better go. I hope I don't see you in here again anytime soon" he said.

Hermione chuckled; "I'll try" she replied.

Draco shook his head and turned his back; he walked towards the door and pulled it open, stepping out into the hallway.

Hermione entered the comfort room and closed the door behind her; she walked towards the sink and stared at the mirror that hung on top of it. She studied her pallid face and cringed; "It's a new day Hermione Granger, a new day" she said.

oOo

Arthur strode into the kitchen and padded towards his wife; he planted a morning kiss into her plump cheek; "Breakfast looks good love" he praised.

Molly smiled; "You should take your seat, I'll bring the food in" she said.

Arthur walked towards the dining room and pulled a chair; he sat down comfortably and seized the morning paper from the table.

"Morning dad" Ginny greeted sleepily.

 Arthur turned towards his daughter and smiled; "Good morning love, sleep well?" he asked.

Ginny entered the dining room and moved towards her father; she planted a kiss on his head and pulled a chair beside him, sleep still evident in her eyes.

Molly entered the room and padded towards the table; she carefully set the food she cooked on top and sat adjacent to her husband. She then turned towards her dozing daughter and chuckled; "Ginny wake up, food is here" she said.

Ginny's eyes snapped open as she yawned; she surveyed the food on top of the table and felt her stomach rumble. "Wow Mum, I should be home more often, looks like you cooked up a feast in the kitchen, and it's just breakfast!" she said.

Molly chuckled as she grabbed the basket full of scones; she plucked a piece and passed it to Arthur. "You should come home often then and bring the beau of yours too" she said.

Ginny took a sip of her pumpkin juice and smiled; "I'll bring Anthony along next time, I'm sure he misses your home cooked meals too" she replied.

Arthur placed the paper on his lap and accepted the bread basket; he got himself a scone and passed it to Ginny; "I bet he does, you don't even know how to cook dear" he teased.

Ginny snatched the basket and blew a raspberry to her dad; "I know how to cook!" she defended.

Molly chuckled; "She knows how to fry, kippers dear?" she said.

"Thank you dear, can you please pass the eggs?" Arthur replied.

Ginny grabbed the plate from the table and passed it to her dad; she then reached for the bacon platter and began filling her plate with the crispy morsels.

Arthur took a spoonful of eggs and ate it with vigour; he then grabbed the newspaper on his lap and opened it, he scanned thru the headlines and instantly the spoon his holding on his other hand fell on his plate with a loud clank.

Molly's head snapped towards Arthur and furrowed her brows; "What's wrong Arthur?" she asked worriedly.

Ginny also stopped eating and stared at her father questioningly.

Arthur clenched his fist, crumpling the paper in his hand; "Have you owled Ronald?" he asked gravelly.

"I did but he has not yet responded" Molly replied.

"What's wrong dad?" Ginny asked.

Arthur handed the paper to his daughter as he took a deep calming breath; he leaned back on his chair and clenched his fist.

Ginny frowned and began reading thru the page; "Oh my circe!" she said with wide eyes.

"What in Merlin's name is happening? What is in the bloody paper?" Molly asked frantically.

Ginny folded the paper in half, hiding the scandalous article from her mother's prying eyes.

"Ginny?" Molly asked sternly.

Ginny opened his mouth to speak but was cut off when there's a loud crack of apparition inside their house.

"Mum? Dad?"

Molly's head instantly snapped towards the living room; "We're in the dining room Ronald" she bellowed.

Ron padded towards the dining room and let out a huge smile; "Good morning!" he said jovially.

Arthur hastily stood up from his chair and padded towards his son; he clenched his fist tightly and swung it towards his son's face, hitting him hard.

Ron fell on his arse with a split lip and confused look.

Ginny stood up from her chair as Molly shrieked.

"YOU'RE MOTHER AND I DID NOT RAISE YOU TO BE POLYGAMOUS! WHAT IN BLOODY HELL WERE YOU THINKING?" Arthur roared.

Ron nursed his jaw as he stared at his father fearfully; "I---I---" he stuttered and threw a pleading look to his mother.

Molly crossed her arm on top of her chest; "Answer your Father Ronald" she said sternly.

Ron threw a look at his sister.

Ginny averted her gaze and sat down.

"I AM TALKING TO YOU RONALD, SO ANSWER ME? WHAT DID POOR HERMIONE DO TO DESERVE YOUR SCANDALOUS INFIDELITY?" Arthur asked.

"I---it was nothing Dad...I didn't do anything...I swear" Ron lied.

Arthur walked towards Ginny and snatched the paper from her hands; he then padded towards Ronald and threw it right in front of him.

Ron grasped the paper on the floor with shaking hands; he then unfolded it and began reading the headlines. Instantly he felt his face lose its colour as fear started cloud his mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Golden Couple called it quits?

Ronald Weasley (War Hero) and Hermione Granger (War Heroine) has been one of the most envied couples in the Wizarding World. They have been in an ideal serious relationship for four long years and were speculated to tie the knot, sooner than later.

However, one of sources reported that yesterday, Mr. Weasley was spotted with a different woman inside St. Mungos Spell Reversal Ward. Our correspondent allegedly saw Ms. Lavender Brown (Ronald's ex girlfriend) sporting a huge engagement ring on her marriage finger upon exiting Healer Anderson's office with Mr. Weasley. Our sources also added that the couple was seen arguing resulting to Ms. Brown ripping off the "engagement ring" from her finger and throwing it at angrily at Mr. Weasley's chest.

Did the Golden couple finally called it quits resulting to Mr. Weasley proposing to another woman? How did Ms. Lavender Brown end up with Ms. Granger's engagement ring? We tried getting Ms. Granger's reaction to this news but the elusive witch has yet to speak. What's Mr. Harry Potter's reaction to his best friends break up?

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Arthur took a calming breath; "What were you doing with Lavender in St. Mungos and explain to me why is she wearing Hermione's ring?" he asked.

Molly gasped.

Ginny stood up from her chair as her face started to redden with anger; "YOU ARSE! YOU CHEATED ON HERMIONE FOR THE SECOND TIME WITH THE SAME SLAG?!? HOW COULD YOU!!" she yelled.

Ron stood up from the floor and turned to face his sister; "I DID NOT DO SUCH THING! I LOVE HERMIONE!" he yelled back.

"Where were you when Hermione was admitted in the hospital then? I owled you to tell you that you're fiancé fainted but you never made it to the hospital. Pray tell Ronald, where were you?" Ginny said snidely.

Ron opened his mouth and closed it.

Molly let out a soft sob as tears ran down her plump cheeks; "I can't believe you would do that to Hermione...she has been nothing but a good fiancé to you...how can you—" she said.

Ron felt tears cloud his eyes so he grabbed the nearest chair; he pulled it towards him and sat down with his head bowed down.

Arthur shook his head in disappointment; he walked towards his wife and pulled her into a hug. "I don't know what caused you to act this way but your mother and I are very much disappointed. We would not blame Hermione if she does not take you back because you deserve it" he said gravely.

Ron whimpered.

oOo

Hermione apparated into her garden and began walking towards her cabin; she instantly froze in her spot when she heard noises coming from her front street. She quietly snuck behind the rose bushes and peered; she felt blood leave her face when she saw the amount of reporters camping right in front of her house. "Bloody hell!" she said to herself. She then snuck back and ran towards her back door; she swished her wand towards it and instantly felt relief when the doors swung open. She entered her house and closed the door tightly behind her; she walked towards her living room and began zapping her curtains shut. She let out a tired sigh and collapsed on her couch; leaning her head back as she closed her puffy tired eyes.

Meow...

Hermione's eyes snapped open and turned towards the floor; she smiled when she saw her familiar sitting right in front of her. "Hello Kitty Cat" she said. She then sat up and bends towards her cat; she grasped him gently under his arms and carted him towards her lap.

Crookshank began purring and started rubbing his head on her hand.

Hermione giggled and hugged the cat tighter; "I missed you too, what have you been up to?" she cooed.

Crookshanks purred loudly and jumped out of her grasp; he then padded towards the end of the sofa and sat down on top of a news paper.

"What are you doing there Crook? Come here and give me a hug...I'm sad" Hermione said.

Crookshanks ignored her Mistress and began clawing at the paper.

"Do you want me to see that?" Hermione asked.

Crookshanks continued clawing the paper.

Hermione furrowed her brows and moved closer to her cat; she then pulled out the paper under him and straightened it out. She faced her cat again; "You want me to read this eh?" she asked her cat.

Crookshanks purred.

Hermione shook her head and turned her face towards the paper; she perused the cover and felt her brow rise at the headline. Emotions started surging up inside her chest as she felt the paper crumpling within her grasp; tears started forming in her eyes but she refuse to let another tear fall for that bastard ex of hers. She sniffed loudly and threw the paper on top of her coffee table; she leaned back on the couch and rubbed her eyes.

Crookshanks padded towards her Mistress and jumped into her lap; her rubbed his head on Hermione's stomach and began purring.

Hermione smiled and began scratching her pet's ears; "I'll be okay kitty cat, don't worry...I won't cry for that bastard anymore..." she said.

Crookshanks leaned his head on her palm.

oOo

Draco appeared inside his pad and immediately took off his jacket; he padded towards the sofa but froze mid-step when he heard noises coming from his kitchen. He pulled his wand from his back pants pocket and started walking stealthily towards the kitchen; he peered from the door and let out a sigh of relief. "Hello Mother, it's nice to see you" he said.

Narcissa shrieked in surprise as she slammed the fridge door in haste.

Draco chuckled as he enters the kitchen.

Narcissa gathered her hands into her chest and faced his son; "That was not funny Draco Xavier Malfoy! You scared the wits out of me!" she chastised.

Draco shook his head and padded towards his mother; he planted a chaste kiss on her forehead and smiled. "You scared me first Mum, please tell me when you're coming over" he said.

Narcissa huffed as she crossed her arms on top of her breast; "I'm tired of owling you, you never visit" she pouted.

Draco rolled his eyes; "I was just there last week Mum, it's not that long. Where's Dad?" he asked.

Narcissa moved towards the counter and leaned back; "He's in Paris for a conference but he'll be back this weekend" she replied. "I'm hoping you can join us," she added.

Draco opened his fridge and plucked a bottle of sparkling lemon water; he uncapped it and took a swig from the bottle.

Narcissa grinned widely; "I'll take your silence as a yes" she concluded.

"As if I have a choice!" Draco quipped.

Narcissa chuckled.

"Can you ask Father to buy me some of those chocolate dipped cherries?" Draco asked thoughtfully.

Narcissa smiled slyly; "He already bought 2 boxes, you just need to get if from the Manor because I won't owl those treats."

Draco shook his head; "Slytherin through and through" he murmured.

Narcissa winked; she then walked towards one of the chairs and sat down. "Have you heard the news lately?" she asked innocently.

Draco threw the empty bottle in the waste basket and walked towards his Mother; he sat right in front of her and raised his brow. "What news?" he asked.

Narcissa placed her hands on top of her lap; "About Mr. Weasley's and Ms. Granger's break up, it's all over the paper this morning" she said.

Draco frowned; "Really? Did you read what happened?" he asked curiously.

"It seems like Ms. Brown was seen together with Mr. Weasley in St. Mungos yesterday and rumour says that she is wearing an engagement ring! Can you believe that? You work in St. Mungos, have you seen them there?" Narcissa asked curiously.

"Why are you so interested?" Draco asked while furrowing his brows.

Narcissa's eyes widened; "Of course I'm interested! Who wouldn't be? I mean, this is a big scandal! Who would've thought that Mr. Weasley can do that to respectable witch like Hermione?" she replied.

"You're first name basis with Granger?"

Narcissa huffed; "Of course I am! She has always been the head organizer of all my Charity events in the Ministry! Not that I can't blame you because you wouldn't know, you have never attended any of it" she said disdainfully.

Draco just stared, dumbfounded.

 "I have grown fond of her, if you must know. I'm saddened about the news because she doesn't deserve a man like that..." she said. She then turned towards her son and eyed him meaningfully; "He needs a man that can take care of her and respect her...a man like you, I suppose" she goaded.

Draco groaned; he then stood up and padded towards the sink. He pulled his sleeves up and folded it; he turned on the tap and began washing his hands, ignoring his Mother's comment.

"She needs someone to be there for her after what happened and I feel that you're the best candidate for that" Narcissa explained with bright eyes.

Draco turned off the tap and shook off the excess water; he then grasped the towel beside the sink and began drying his hands. "Are you hearing what you're saying Mum? I think you've gone senile" he said.

"I'm not senile! I just want to help her move on!" Narcissa replied.

Draco leaned back on the sink; "She doesn't need a new man to forget the other. What she needs is "alone time", not another love affair" he said. He then crossed his arms on top of his chest in an exasperated manner; "And what makes you think that Granger will actually spare me a time of the day, and I to her?" he challenged.

Narcissa pouted and ignored his latter question; "How would you know, you're not even dating!" she said.

"I'm dating!"

"Are you talking about those bimbo's you're photographed with?" Narcissa asked while studying her nails.

"That's still dating!" Draco glared.

Narcissa sighed and stood up; she then padded towards her son and patted him on the cheek. "If that's what you call casual dallying these days then fine. I simply have to go dear, I'll try to visit Hermione as well" she said.

Draco planted a kiss on his mother's cheek; "Okay Mum, I'll see you this weekend" he said.

Narcissa smiled; she then plucked her wand from her purse.

"Oh Mum,"

"Yes dear?"

"I don't think you should visit Granger today" Draco said.

Narcissa frowned; "And why is that?" she asked.

"She was just discharged from the hospital this morning, let her rest" Draco said professionally.

Narcissa smiled mischievously; "Okay darling," she said.

Draco groaned.

oOo

"I can't take this anymore!" Hermione screeched. She then stood up from the couch and began pacing back and forth; she threw her cat an annoyed look as she hugged herself tightly. "I think I'm going insane Crook" she said helplessly.

Crookshank just stared at her Mistress for a couple of seconds and leaped out of the couch, hiding from the woman's prying eyes.

Hermione huffed; she then bit her lip and started thinking. After a couple of minutes of idle silence, she plucked her wand from the coffee table and strode towards her kitchen. Once she reached the breakfast bar, she stood still and began tapping her pointer finger on her lips; she furrowed her brows in concentration as she weighed her options. She then turned her gaze towards her Muggle appliance and instantly, a big smile blossomed from her sombre lips. She walked hastily towards her cupboards and began rummaging its contents; she pulled out a bag of flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder. She then turned towards the other cupboard and pulled out the other necessities; once satisfied, she padded towards her fridge and pulled it open, she gathered the butter, milk and eggs into her arms and closed it with a snap. She walked back towards her breakfast bar and placed the ingredients on top; she then plucked her wand from her back pocket and accioed the tools that she needed to use. "Baking it is" she murmured to herself.

oOo

"Mum, I'll head out" Ginny yelled as she walked towards the front door.

Molly peered from the kitchen door and furrowed her brows; "You're leaving already?" she asked.

 "I'll be back later, I just need some air, it's stuffy here" 

Ron's head snapped towards his sister; he then stood up and began walking towards the door. "I'll come with you..." he said.

Ginny frowned; "Go away Ronald, I don't want to speak with you" she growled.

Ron stopped in his tracks as pain etched his bruised face.

Ginny's face softened a bit; "Look, you're my brother and I still love you even though you're a bastard--"

"Ginevra! Language!" Molly chastised.

"—but Hermione is my best friend too and I love her as well but you hurt her. You know I don't take sides but not this time,"

Ron took a step back and nodded; he then padded towards the couch and bowed his head.

Ginny sighed and turned her gaze towards her Mother; "I'll be back later Mum" she said. She then pulled the door open and stepped out, closing the door behind her.

Molly shook her head disappointedly and turned towards the kitchen, leaving her son to wallow in his guilt.

oOo

DING!

Hermione's head snapped towards her oven and immediately, she stood up; she dog-eared the novel she's reading and placed it on top of the counter. She padded towards the oven and plucked the pot holders hanging from its door; she pulled the oven open and peered inside. A triumphant smile lit up her face as she saw her creations; she then leaned forward and pulled out the cupcake trays, she carried it towards the counter and set it on top of a cooling rack. She pulled off the pot holders from her hands and threw it on the counter; she plucked her wand from her back pocket and pointed it on the cupcakes, Refrigerationem Leporem, she said and almost instantly, the cupcakes were cooled.

She then pointed her wand gingerly towards her fridge and summoned the cream cheese frosting she made earlier. She then sat on one of her high chairs and made a grab of a spatula; she grasped one of the cupcake from the tray and started slathering thick frosting on it. When satisfied, she smiled to herself and gently placed the confection on a clean plate. She was about to proceed to the next one when she heard a faint knocking on her door; her brows furrowed as she waited for the knocking to stop. When the noise didn't seize, she stood up from her perch and began walking towards her door, with wand at hand, she pulled the door open.

"Hermione!"

Hermione felt herself being enveloped into a tight hug; confusion clearly pasted into her pallid face, "Harry I can't breathe" she exclaimed.

Harry quickly pulled away but held her into arm's length; "Are you okay?" he asked earnestly.

Hermione's face softened as she squeezed her bestfriend's arm; "I'm not at the moment but I will be," she replied honestly.

Harry's face fell; he opened his mouth to speak but he closed it when no words escaped him.

"It's not your fault" Hermione said.

Harry sighed; "I still feel guilty that I let him hurt you..."

Hermione ignored the pang in her chest as she let out a small smile; "Don't feel guilty, it's already been done, let's not dwell on it anymore, I'm tired of thinking..." she admitted.

Harry pulled his best friend into a tight hug for the second time; "You deserve better love, you're right, we shouldn't dwell on the past anymore" he whispered.

Hermione returned the hug; "Thank you Harry..."

Harry pulled away and let out a bright smile; "You're house smell wonderful, what are you making?" he asked.

Hermione smiled; "I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting" she replied.

"Can I have one?" Harry asked excitedly.

Hermione chuckled; "I already frosted one, you can taste it" she offered.

Harry beamed; he then began walking towards the kitchen, leaving Hermione in her living room.

When her best friends back was out of sight, her smile instantly vanished; she brought her shaking hands into her chest and began rubbing it soothingly. "You can't tell him what happened Hermione...he'll go ballistic" she said. She then composed herself and took a deep breath; she plastered a huge smile into her face and began padding towards the kitchen. When she reached the threshold, she raised her brow; "I see that you took liking into my cakes," she said.

Harry's head snapped towards her; "This is awesome! Where did you learn how to bake? Is it a new charm? Can you teach me?" he asked.

Hermione scoffed and crossed her arms on top of her chest; "I did not charm those for your information. I made them with my own bare hands" she said acerbically.

Harry's eyes widen; "You mean, you made this the Muggle way?" he asked.

Hermione rolled her eyes and ignored Harry's question; she then perched herself on the high chair and zapped her hands with a cleaning charm. She plucked one cupcake from the tray and resumed frosting it meticulously.

Harry ate the last morsel as he padded towards the fridge; he pulled it open and began perusing its contents. His brows furrowed and turned his head towards Hermione; "Why do you have so much alcohol in here?" he asked.

Hermione shrugged her shoulders; "I just needed to buy them, they look pretty" she replied casually.

Harry grabbed a bottle of sparkling lemon water and closed the fridge; he walked towards the counter and sat on one of the chairs, sitting right in front of his best friend. He then uncapped it and took a large swig; once satisfied, he capped it again and fixed his eyes into Hermione, studying her face.

Hermione tried to ignore Harry's inquisitive stares and continued frosting the tiny cakes; but after a couple of seconds of silence, she snapped. "Stop staring at me, it's making me uncomfortable" she quipped.

Harry sniffed and prepared himself; "I ran into Malfoy this morning" he said.

Hermione felt blood leaving her face but she continued with what she's doing; she gripped the spatula tighter as she forced a nonchalant smile on her face. "Oh...how is he?" she asked.

Harry sighed.

Hermione quickly dropped the spatula and stood up; she padded towards the sink and began rinsing her hands.

Harry turned to watch her; still not uttering anything.

Hermione shook the remaining water from her hands and braised her hands on the sink; she bowed her head as she took a deep breath.

"Hermione..."

Hermione clutched the sink tighter and felt her resolve loosen; she felt pesky tears clouding her eyes as her shoulder shook with repressed sobs.

Harry sat still.

"I—I can't do this Harry...I just can't...please don't let me do this..." Hermione whispered brokenly.

Harry stood from his perch and padded towards Hermione; he placed his hands on each shoulder and squeezed it comfortingly. "I hate to be the one to this love, but you have to let it all out...I know you already said that you don't want to talk about it but it's not alright...you don't have to be strong and hold it all in, I'm here for you..." he whispered.

Hermione turned around and faced her best friend for many years; she didn't wipe the tears running down her cheeks and stared at him directly. "I—I went to his house yesterday to—to talk things out but I saw him—"

Harry's face darkened; "What did you see?" he asked.

Hermione cried harder but she struggled to continue with what she's trying to say; "I—I saw him fucking someone else..." she said.

Fury etched Harry's face as he clenched his fist tightly; "THAT SON OF A BITCH!" he roared.

Hermione collapsed into the floor as deep guttural sobs wrecked her body; she sat herself up and leaned back on the lower cupboard, hugging her knees into her chest.

Harry began pacing back and forth; "WHO IS HE FUCKING? I'LL WRING HIS BLOODY NECK!" he spat.

Hermione sniffed; "Lavender..." she stuttered.

Harry stopped pacing and snapped his head towards Hermione; "BROWN? LAVENDER BROWN?" he asked incredulously.

Hermione cringed; "Please don't shout at me..." she whispered.

Harry cursed himself; he then moved towards Hermione and sat beside her. "I'm sorry...it's just...argh!" he said.

Hermione moved closer and leaned her head into her best friend's shoulder; "I know...that's how I felt when I saw them..." she said.

"Did—did they see you?" Harry asked.

Hermione chuckled between tears; "They saw me alright," she replied.

"What did you do?"

"I cursed them even before they got the chance to open their dirty mouths" Hermione said proudly. She then sat up straight and leaned her head back on the cupboard; she brought her palms into her face and began wiping her tear stained cheeks.

Harry's brow crinkled; "What did you curse them with?" he asked.

Hermione bit her lower lip and kept silent.

Harry nudged her; "Tell me..." he cajoled.

"The Engorgio en Gluten Mentula tu Puta curse..."

Harry burst out laughing.

Hermione let out a small smile.

Harry doubled over as he held the stitch in his side; laughing louder.

Hermione slapped Harry's back; "Stop laughing! It's not funny!" she said between smiles.

Harry took off his glasses while stifling his mirth; he then cleared his throat and took a deep breath. "YOU ARE BRILLIANT!" he praised.

Hermione shook her head.

"What? He deserved it!" Harry said. "If it was me, I would've maimed him!" he added darkly.

Hermione took a deep breath and began playing with hands nervously; "Is it—is it wrong that I still love him Harry?" she murmured. 

Harry didn't answer.

Hermione's eyes began heating up again; "Because I still do...Merlin knows I still do...but I want it to stop...I want to un-love him...I want to hate him...hate him so bad that I can stop thinking what I could've done to keep him from straying...to be a better—"

"Don't finish that sentence" Harry said gravelly, cutting her off. "You've been nothing but a wonderful fiancé to him; he's the one who can't be faithful so you're not the one lacking in your relationship" he said.

Hermione sighed and wiped her eyes with her fingers; "I also know that..." she murmured.

"Did you get the chance to at least shout at that bastard before you cursed them?" Harry asked lightly.

Hermione turned her head and raised her brow; "What do you think?" she asked.

Harry grinned; "That's my girl" he said proudly.

Hermione let out a smile and leaned her head again into his shoulder, closing her weary eyes. "You know what's weird?" she asked.

Harry hummed, asking her to continue.

"That no matter how much it hurts to end what we had, my heart just kept telling me that we're never meant to last...that somehow it would have ended..." Hermione admitted.

Harry leaned his head on top of hers.

"I just hate that it ended this way...that he had to betray me and make me feel like utter shit" Hermione said.

Harry nodded.

Hermione sighed; "Do you think that it would help if I leave? Like have a vacation somewhere?" she asked.

"That would help...where do you want to go?" Harry asked.

Hermione yawned; "Paris? Belgium? Americas? Australia? Anywhere..." she replied.

Harry pursed his lips; "Do you like beaches?" he asked.

Hermione moved away and stared at her best friend; "Yes, why?" she asked curiously.

Harry smiled; "I have a perfect place in mind, but you have to trust me?" he said.

Hermione eyed him for a couple of seconds and smiled back; "Okay..."

Harry grinned mischievously. 

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

6.4K 238 24
"I know you fancy me, Princess." "See, that's where you're wrong. Draco." "I fancy you." "I know you do. Cedric" - - - It's not easy picking sides. I...
973K 9.7K 37
he kissed her like his life depended on it. and it did. draco wondered if she knew- wondered if she'd still choose him. *currently in serious revis...
28.8K 973 3
The war grinds on, and Hermione Granger, lead intelligence for the Order of the Pheonix, is captured. Unable to crack her through interrogation witho...
139K 3.9K 24
"You know."She turned to face him and he went on."I still remember all the stupid things that I've said and done.But still you are here,helping me.Wh...