Jaded (Dramione FanFic)

Από ethereallie

"It's hard when you know you shouldn't hold on, and yet you're too in love to let go..." Hermione croaked. "T... Περισσότερα

Chapter One: Confessions
Chapter Three: Already Gone
Chapter Four: Happily never after
Chapter Five: I remember
Chapter Six: Don't speak
Chapter Seven: Strange and Beautiful
Chapter Eight: Just give it time
Chapter Nine: Heartbreak warfare
Chapter Ten: Wide awake
Chapter Eleven: The hardest part of letting go
Chapter Twelve: Today my life begins
Chapter Thirteen: Kiss me
Chapter Fourteen: Daylight
Chapter Fifteen: Total eclipse of the heart
Chapter Sixteen: Safe and sound
Chapter Seventeen: You give me something
Chapter eighteen: Best thing I never had
Chapter Nineteen: You give love a bad name
Chapter Twenty: I choose you
Chapter Twenty One: Ever after
Epilogue: Bless the broken road

Chapter Two: Bust the windows of your car

45.9K 1.3K 3.2K
Από ethereallie

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione ran towards the lift and pressed the call button repeatedly. When the doors opened, she quickly scrambled inside and stabbed the close icon with force. She moved to the corner and leaned her back on the cold wall, "I'm so stupid....very stupid..." she told herself over and over. The lift jerked to a halt and the door chimed open. She composed herself before she hastily made her way to the Atrium, not paying attention to her surroundings.

"Hermione!"

Hermione stopped in her tracks, her eyes starting to well with tears again. "Bugger," she cursed when she recognized the voice.

"Hermione!"

She wiped her face and pasted a smile on her face before turning around,"Ginny."

Ginny threw herself at her best friend and hugged her tightly, "It's been months! I've missed you!" she gushed excitedly. She pulled away with a huge smile, but kept her in arms length, "How have you - are you crying?" she asked, her smiled replaced with a frown.

Hermione shook her head, "No, I'm just tired. I missed you too," she replied with a weary smile.

Ginny studied her best friend's expression; "Something happened, what is it?"

Hermione bit her lower lip to control the wobbling; "I'm fine Gin, I'm just feeling a little bit under the weather, don't mind me," she lied.

"I know you Hun, tell me what happened," Ginny insisted, her voice full of concern.

Hermione was about to respond, but paused when she noticed familiar ginger haired man exiting the lift. Her heart started hammering inside her chest as flashes of what she heard a couple of minutes ago came into the fore front of her mind. She felt her lungs burn with the loss of oxygen as her vision began to blur. She grabbed Ginny's arm in panic and bowed her head down, thinking that it would clear the dark spots that's clouding her eyes.

"What are you--"

Hermione's eyes rolled at the back of her head as she crumpled unconscious on the ground.

"Hermione!" Ginny screamed in horror.

oOo

St. Mungos:

"What the hell happened?"

Ginny's head snapped towards the voice; "Harry!"

Harry walked towards the red haired woman and stood beside the bed. He studied his best friend's pale face and turned towards Ginny; "Gin, what happened?" he asked.

"I really don't know. We were talking for a couple of minutes and she just fainted," Ginny explained worriedly.

Harry sighed and sat at the foot of the bed.

"Do you know if she has any problems? Because when I saw her this afternoon, her face was blotchy and her eyes we're swollen," Ginny asked.

"I also don't know. We just had lunch earlier and everything seems to be alright," Harry replied. He then surveyed the surroundings and frowned; "Where's your brother? He's supposed to be here," he said.

Ginny rolled her eyes and folded her arms on top of her chest, "I don't know where that prick is! I already sent him an owl hours ago and he's still not here!" she replied.

Harry stood up and began pacing back and forth. He then threw Hermione a look before staring at Ginny, "Can we step out for just a minute? I need to tell you something," he said.

Ginny frowned, "Sure, what's this about?" she asked.

Harry walked towards the door and pulled it open, "After you," he said.

Ginny stepped out and waited for Harry.

Harry stepped out as well and closed the door behind him, "Do you want to grab some coffee?" he asked.

Ginny nodded, "Let's go," she replied.

Harry led her towards the cafeteria and asked her to find them a table. He then proceeded to the counter and asked for two cups of cappuccino.

Ginny made her way towards the vacant table near the windows and took her seat.

Harry followed Ginny, carrying two cups of coffee. Upon reaching the table, he placed the first cup right in front of her before sitting down.

"Thanks," Ginny said as she pulled the cup closer. "So, what's this about?"

"I think Ron is having an affair," Harry said bluntly.

Ginny frowned, "What do you mean he's having an affair?" she asked.

Harry leaned back on his chair and sighed, "It's not yet confirmed, but I will find out."

Ginny lowered her eyes on the table, anger marring her features. "How can he do this to Hermione again? They're engaged for Merlin's sake!" she seethed.

"I know. I already spoke with him this afternoon and I already told him that if he's cheating he should stop now because if I ever caught wind of what he's doing, best friend or not, I will decapitate him."

"Not if I get to him first," Ginny said darkly.

Harry cracked a smile, "Still fiery, aye?" he teased.

Ginny laughed, "Some things won't change, I guess. By the way, how's Astoria and Candice?" she asked.

"Astoria took Candice to Daphne's because won't stop bugging us," Harry replied.

"Candice is a bit handful if she wants to, I guess she got that from Daphne's side," Ginny said with a chuckle.

Harry smirked, "Now, don't let Daphne hear you," he said. He then leaned forward and took another sip of his drink, "How's Anthony?" he asked.

Ginny's eyes lit up, "He's doing fine. He's out of the country as of the moment, some Healer conference," she replied.

Harry nodded, "You two are good together, you're both jet-setters. We hardly see you around," he complained.

"We love exploring other countries Harry, you should try it with Torry," she suggested.

Harry thought for a couple of seconds and smiled, "That's actually a brilliant idea, I will make plans for our next anniversary," he said thoughtfully.

Ginny eyed him a couple of minutes and smiled, "I'm really glad that you're happy Harry," she sincerely said.

"I'm glad you are too."

oOo

Hermione shifted on the bed, her eyes slowly fluttering open. She swallowed thickly as she tried to take in her surroundings.

"You're awake."

Hermione turned her face to the side and noticed a familiar figure looming over her, "Please tell me I didn't collapse in the middle of the Atrium?" she asked wearily.

Draco folded his arms on top of his chest, his trademark smirk curled on his lips, "I didn't know I had that affect on you Granger. If I knew you'd faint like that, I should've avoided you," he teased.

Hermione sat up and scooted towards the headboard, "You wish," she replied with a faint chuckle.

Draco moved closer and fished out his pen-light from his pocket, "I know you fainted from seeing me, but please contain yourself because I need to touch you," he joked.

Hermione rolled her eyes, "Of all the Healers in St. Mungos', I end up with you," she murmured.

Draco feigned shock and dramatically placed his hands on top of his chest, "You hurt my feelings Granger, I just happen to be on duty," he replied. He then wiggled the pen-light, "Now be a good girl and move closer so I can check you properly," he said.

Hermione sighed and moved towards him. She threw the blanket off her body and sat sideways on the bed, "Better?" she asked.

"Yep," Draco replied. He then placed a finger under her chin and gently tilted her her face up. He flicked the pen-light on and started checking her pupils, "Do you still feel faint?" he asked.

Hermione shook her head,"No," she replied.

Draco let his hand drop and grabbed the chart from the foot board, "You're vitals are good and your blood pressure is back to normal. Have you been under stress lately?" he asked as he scribbled on the chart.

Hermione swallowed hard, "N--no," she lied.

Draco snapped the chart close and slipped it back on the foot board, "Okay, if that's the case then you can leave as soon as you're feeling up to it," he said.

"Yeah, that would be great."

Draco studied her face for a moment before turning on his heels. He was almost at the door when he paused to look at her again, "Granger?"

Hermione's head snapped towards him, "Yes?" she asked.

Draco grabbed the knob, but he kept his eyes on her, "Whatever your problem is, I know you'll get through it. You're not the brightest witch of our age for nothing. Keep your head held high," he said. He then pulled the door open and stepped outside, leaving her dumbfounded.

Hermione felt tears blur her vision, "You're right Malfoy, I will keep my head held high, but I won't let this go easily," she paused to wipe her cheeks angrily. "Ron Weasley will be sorry."

oOo

At the Nurses Station:

"Please change Mr. Robinson's potion to the new one I just brewed and don't forget to take it to him on time, okay?" Draco instructed the nurse standing right in front of him.

"Draco?"

Draco turned around when he recognized the voice, "Hey Mrs. Goldstein, I didn't know you're here," he said with a huge grin. He quickly turned his eyes back to the nurse, "That's all Katie, thanks."

Ginny laughed, "I'm not Mrs. Goldstein," she paused and wiggled her left hand. "See? No ring yet."

"I'm sure he'll make an honest woman out of you, just give it time," Draco assured her.

"If he doesn't, then I'll be forced to put a ring on his," Ginny winked.

Draco threw his back and let out a full belly laugh.

"Err - Malfoy, are you Hermione's Healer?" Harry asked.

Draco cleared his throat to compose himself, "Potter I didn't see you there, yes I am," he replied.

"How is she? Is she alright? Can she go home?"

"Everything is back to normal, so yes she's alright and I'll be discharging her in a few minutes," Draco replied.

"Do you know why she's fainted?" Ginny asked.

Draco shook his head, "I did a complete check up and all the results came back normal. However, I can't help but notice that she seems a little bit stressed, so I'm guessing that's the reason why she collapsed."

Harry shifted on his feet, clearly uncomfortable with the topic. "Yeah, I think that's the reason. Can we go to her room now? Is she awake?"

"She's already awake, you can take her home now if you want," Draco offered.

"Thank you," Harry replied. He then turned towards Ginny, "Let's go see her?"

Ginny smiled at Draco, "It was nice seeing you Draco, I'll tell Anthony that you said Hi," she said.

"You do that, it was nice seeing you too."

Ginny nodded and started tugging Harry towards the hallway,"Let's go."

Draco watched them disappear from the corner before he went to the other direction.

oOo

"I'm already here, let's get this over with. I still need to go to St. Mungo's," Ron said irritably.

Millicent glared at Ron as she wiped her tears angrily, "So that's it? You want to finish this because she already knows? What do you think I am? A slag that opens's her legs for any man willing?"

Ron rolled his eyes, "Come on Millie, we both know from the start that this will not last because I'm getting married" he huffed.

Millicent buried her face into her palms as a loud sob escaped her lips.

Ron let out a defeated sigh as he watched her cry. After a few seconds, he walked towards his lover and kneeled right in front of her. "Please don't make this harder than it already is," he whispered.

Millicent cried harder, "How - how can you say that? Do I mean so little to you?"

"You are special to me Millie, it's just that I love Hermione more and I can't leave her," Ron explained.

Millicent scowled at him, "Love? Are you fucking kidding me?" she shrieked. She then aimed a kick on his shin but missed, "How can you claim that you love her when you keep on fucking me every chance you get? Wake up Ronald Weasley, you don't love her! Because if you do we wouldn't be in this situation! You don't fucking know the meaning of that word so don't use that as an excuse, you spineless bastard!"

Ron stood up, his face red with anger. "Stop being a bitch and just accept the fact that we're over!" he yelled.

Millicent shot up from her seat and gave him a hard shove, "Get out of my house!" she screamed in fury.

"With pleasure," Ron hissed before storming towards the door and slamming it with a loud bang.

Millicent grabbed the vase on the coffee table and chucked it towards the door, "You will pay for this you stupid weasel! Even if it's the last thing I'd do!"

oOo

Harry knocked before quietly opening the door, "Hermione?" he called out as he scanned the room.

Ginny moved past him and walked towards the bathroom, "Mione? Are you in there?"

Harry closed the door behind them, "Is she in there?"

Ginny stepped out of the bathroom with a frown on her face, "She's not there, shes' gone."

Harry braced his hands on his hips, "Where is she then?"

Ginny padded towards the couch and plopped down, "I don't know," she replied. "Where the hell is Ronald? He's supposed to be here, I will murder him!"

Harry took a deep calming breath, "We will find her. Come on, let's go check her house."

Ginny stood up, "I hope she's there" she sighed.

oOo

Hermione found herself sitting in a park near her house. She's been sitting there for over an hour, just watching lovers take their afternoon walk. She knew she was torturing herself, but for some reason she can't make herself look away nor move. She wiped her eyes for the nth time before she moved her hands to the bench, clutching it like a life line. Her eyes then strayed towards the offending diamond on her finger, her mind drifting back to the night her cheating fiance proposed to her.

**Flashback**

"Ron, what are we doing here? It's midnight and I'm cold," Hermione complained.

Ron chuckled as he sat on the wooden bench, "Nothing love, I just needed some air," he replied dismissively.

Hermione glared,"You want air? We have lots of air outside my cottage," she huffed while rubbing her arms back and forth.

Ron rolled his eyes and ignored her complaints, "Isn't it a lovely night?" he asked.

Hermione pushed her annoyance on the back burner of her mind, "I guess," she replied as she scanned their surroundings.

Ron kept his eyes on her as he fished out a small velvet box inside his pocket. He then unceremoniously dropped to his knees and flicked the box open.

Hermione's eyes widen in shock, "Ron? What are you - oh Merlin!" she gasped.

Ron cleared his throat nervously, "Hermione, love, I'm not good with words, I love you, please marry me?" he asked lamely.

Hermione felt a pang of disappointment with his proposal but decided to let him off the hook. She smiled widely and flung her arms around him, "Yes! I will marry you, Ronald!"

**End of Flashback**

"Stupid, stupid, stupid! Even his proposal sucks!" Hermione grumbled as she yanked the ring off her finger. She fisted it tightly with her hand as she stood up, her sadness instantly being replaced with fury. "How can you do this to me? I've been nothing but loyal to you, you bastard! You'll see! You don't get to mess with Hermione Granger and get away with it!" she hissed as she started pacing like a caged animal. After a few minutes, she slumped on the wooden bench again, her head whirring with different ideas that made her lips curl with a vengeful smile.

oOo

Ron stormed inside of St. Mungo's with a frantic look in his face. He made a bee line towards the front desk and braced his hands on the counter. "Where is my fiancé? Where is Hermione Granger?"

The witch at the front desk was taken aback with his panic-stricken face. She began rifling through the parchments, "She's in room 301-B, but---"

Ron did not let the witch finish and ran towards the stairs, not catching the last sentence.

"---she already checked out."

Ron reached the floor and started searching for the right room. He rounded the next corner and unexpectedly crashed into someone.

"Bloody Buggering Hell! Watch where you're going!"

Ron caught his bearings and instantly felt relief when he recognized who he bumped into. "Ginny! Where is Hermione?" he asked frantically.

Ginny felt her blood boil with rage upon seeing her brother, "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? I HAVE OWLED YOU A COUPLE OF HOURS AGO BECAUSE YOUR FIANCE FAINTED RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES! AND DON'T TELL ME YOU WERE AT WORK BECAUSE I CHECKED YOUR OFFICE AFTER THEY CARTED HERMIONE HERE!" she shouted.

Ron's face burned with embarrassment when he noticed the curious looks that are being thown at them, "CALM DOWN GINEVRA!" he snapped.

Ginny shoved him, "DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?"

Ron took a step back to calm himself down, "I was out on duty. We have received some complaints about some store in Knockturn Alley so I went ahead and checked it. Now, please tell me where my fiancé is."

Ginny threw him a dirty look, "I didn't know your work is more important than your soon-to-be-wife!" she hissed.

Ron groaned exasperatedly.

Ginny scowled at his lack of response and left him without answering his question.

Ron clenched his fist as he watched his sister disappear from his view.

"She's not here,"

Ron's head snapped towards the voice, his body stiffening with the other man's presence. "Harry, where is she?"

Harry walked towards him, "We don't know, so I suggest you find her," he replied coldly.

Ron looked confused, "But why did she leave?"

"If ever find out that your indiscretion has something to do with her fainting spells..." Harry shifted closer and pinned him with a dark stare. "An unforgiveable would be child's play and even Molly nor Arthur can stop me," he said menacingly before turned on his heels and followed Ginny.

Ron felt his knees buckle, so he slumped on the nearest bench. He buried his face into his palms and let out a loud groan, "Bloody hell."

oOo

Hermione appeared in a dark alley and began scanning the quaint neighborhood. She smiled slyly when she noticed that the coast is clear. She stepped out of her hiding spot and casually strolled towards her ex- fiance's parked car. She pulled her wand out of her pocket as she stopped at the passenger side. She let her fingers trail along the smooth finish, "I'm sorry baby, but your owner is a scumbag. I know you can still be fixed, but my heart can't," she said. She flicked her wrist and pulled the door open. She slipped into the leather seat, her eyes automatically zeroing on the piece of paper stuck in the glove compartment. She snatched it even though she knew it would make her heart sink further. "The Savoy?! He checked in, last week? That son of a bitch!" she hissed as she crumpled the paper. She shoved her hand inside her pocket to retrieve her ring. With anger blurring her vision, she pointed her wand at it, "Ferrum Vectis!" she spat. She then jumped out of the car like she's been burned and slammed the door shut, making the car jiggle with the force. She didn't bother checking for onlookers and hastily cast a Silencio charm. She hauled the transfigured crowbar and unceremoniously smashed it on the windshield, creating a huge crack in the middle. She lifted the heavy metal again and continued slamming it until the glass panel gave in, shattering into small pieces. Shards of glass were flying in every direction, just like the tears that kept leaking from her eyes. She walked towards the hood of the car and started carving her initials on the shiny panel, pouring every ounce of hatred into it. Once she's done, she transfigured the ring back and accioed the receipt she found. She hurled the strongest sticking charm on the ruined hood and stuck the paper and ring on top. She studied it for a couple of seconds, her chest heaving with the sobs escaping her lips. She wiped her cheeks as she took a step back. She threw a dark look at offending items before disapparating with a loud crack.

oOo

Theo stepped out of his front porch and studied the ruined car sitting on the driveway, "I didn't think you had it in you Granger," he said with amusement. He then plucked his phone from his pocket and took a picture, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned," he mumbled to himself. 

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

16.5K 592 36
"I think if I would get on my knees in front of you, for you. I would put you on the spot." Edmund said with a weak teasing smile. "In my eyes, nobod...
46.2K 699 26
COMPLETED- it's your last year at hogwarts and fall dangerously in love with a boy you does bad things but you don't care he was the only one you lov...
13.7K 315 20
She smiled softly and felt her cheeks heat up underneath his palms. His words were exactly why he was so perfect for her endeavor. She didn't have to...
86 0 14
"I love you." "Of course you do. I mean, what's not to love?" She rolled her eyes. "I love you, too, so just kiss me already." *Harry Potter Love Sto...