The Billionaire's Ex-Wife

By Enjoy_Little_Moments

Love. It was infuriating yet strangely addicting. It swirls in unknown waters, testing its limits before str... More

a/n
Prologue
Madame André
Knocking
Love
Covers
Another encounter
Strong
Appearance
Mrs Ryder
False Excitement
Timing
Choices
Introductions
Irritations
Run
Midnight Visits
Brawl
Open up
Best Friends
Letting go
Doubts
Cuts
Elizabeth Hemsworth
Suspicions
Joking
Let me go
First kiss
Now
Moments
Firsts
Explanations Pt.1
Explanations Pt. 2
Furious
Siblings
Kisses
Nothing
Confusion
Change
Foolish
Love&Hate
Scared
For You
Sorry
Address
Blessing&Curse
Times Up
Do you
Would you?
No
New Story!
Quiet
Leaf
Tired
Author's Note
Awake
Don't Know
Lost
Happier
Let go
A/N
Epilogue
A/N - thank you

Answers

41.3K 1.3K 279
By Enjoy_Little_Moments

Alison's POV.

"What just happened back there."I blurted, unable to contain my curiosity.

We were walking down a busy street, the noises of the city filling the air that one would've found quite enjoyable if it weren't for the prior events. Men in business suits, their hands clasping large briefcases as they stared down at their mobiles and women laughing into their phones as they walked, as other fled down the street desperate to catch their ride home.

She shrugged, avoiding my eye,"Nothing."

I gritted my teeth. What was she playing at? What happened back there wasn't nothing. It was something. Something that had stumbled by me, even if it had only been for a few second, I had still had been mentioned and I wanted to know why. And she knew that. She knew that I was currently glaring coldly at her back, my nails digging into my palms until beads of red began to emerge.

I scoffed, gripping her shoulders and turning her around to face me,"Cut the crap Hemsworth. What is going on?"

She refused to meet my eyes, staying silent and twiddling her thumbs nervously.

"Elizabeth."

"Yes?"she replied, innocently and I could see faint amusement dancing in her eyes.

"You know what"I huffed, taking a step back from her,"Fine. Fine! Don't tell me that whatever shit just happened was about! I mean who am I really? Just some weird girl you befriended out of pity right? I'm a nobody."

She bit her lip, her head bowed and my heart clenched. Did she really think of me like that? Could she seriously not try and retort that I wasn't a nobody. That at least I was a friend?

I wasn't exactly sure where the depressing thought had begun to leak into me from. I was simply just emptying the doubts I had about myself. I was letting out all my emotions on her. Because really, why would someone like me. Someone so plain, average and stupid end up friends with such a pretty girl who was liked by most of the staff.

My vision blurred lightly, and I could hear my voice cracking as I spoke,"So all this time...all this time, I was just the bitch who cleaned up for you, was some sort of a fucking entertainment for you. Hell,  I wasn't even your fucking friend, was I? Just a onetime thing that lasted for a few days till, you found something better."

My voice had risen considerably higher, till I was full on yelling. Her eyes darted to a eledery woman who threw me a disgusted look at my language as she hurried down the street, glancing over her shoulder and glaring.

"Aliosn, please not here."she stammered, reaching out to placing a comforting hand on my arm.

I ripped my arm away from her reach,"Don't fucking touch me."

Hurt was evident on her features and she made no gesture to disclose it. Her bottom lip trembled and her eyes began to become glassy.

[A/N: Alison's outburst is purely because of the emotions she had bottled up. Unfortunately  Elizabeth was the one to take the blame and on the receiving end. The anger was also partly connected to her feelings with her broken friendship with Luke, so pls don't hate on me for this nor to my characters.]

A twinge of guilt pulsed through my veins as I watched her desperately trying to hold back her tears, but failing miserably. I was suddenly extremely thankful for the tear-holding training I participated in when I was with Blake. I would constantly have to keep my emotions at my bay when I saw him with another woman or when he would shout at me.

"Please Alison."she cried, gripping my arm tightly as I began to step away,"Please."

"Then tell me what's going on!"

I immediately felt a rush of regret as she flinched backwards, her eyes pooling with a fresh batch of incoming tears.

"Eli."I mumbled, rubbing her shoulder as she began to sob lightly,"I'm sorry."

She sniffled, and I tried to not notice the ruined mascara the rested under her eyes,"No, God you shouldn't be sorry. You have nothing to be sorry about. I made you think that I was using you! My Lord, I feel terrible."

She trembled, bursting into tears again and I rubbed her back akwardly, unsure of what I was supposed to be doing.

"No, I screamed at you for no reason."I admitted, guilt lining my words as I frowned,"I took out all my anger about Luke, Blake and everything on you. That wasn't right."

My heart squeezed panfully as Elizabeth shook her head, denying my words as she began to apologise profusely. I put up my hand to stop her rant. Something in me had stirred. I wanted to tell her everything. I didn't why. Or how.

"Elizabeth."I sighed heavily and she closed her mouth sensing a change of emotion in my posture,"I haven't been exactly honest with you either."

Her eyebrows furrowed lightly but she nodded her head, gesturing for me to continue.

"My relationship with Blake wasn't a smooth ride."

"I would figure, it was an arranged marriage."

I nodded, a heavy frown tugging at my lips as I began to tell Elizabeth the hazards of our relationship and how Blake had really treated me. Her glare began to grow and at the end of my story she was yelling in outrage.

"I always knew he a fucking asshole, but how could he even do that to you!"she shrieked, throwing her hands up while I watched in amusement,"I swear, when I get my hands on him I will rip him to shreds! I will fucking skin him, then boil him in fucking hot damned water then shave all his fucking hair of his damn head and - "

I laughed, placing a hand on her shoulder,"It's Alright Eli. That was years ago."

Her glare now rested on me, and an anger frown began to creep up her lips,"No, Alison! It's not okay. You can't just think how he treated was okay and just move on! No girl, hell, no one, deserves to be treated like that!"

"I know."I said, surprising both of us with the amount of calmness in my voice,"But there's nothing I can do to change the past. And to be honest I don't really regret getting married to him."

Her eyes widened and she opened her mouth to scream her disagreement, however I quickly continued on.

"He taught me that life wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. There were boulders that we had conquer. Some where big. And some were small. But each made us the person who we are today. It taught us that even if life had pulled us low. So low that possibility of getting back up was as possible as seeing a pig fly. That even if everything and everyone seemed against us that we would still try. Even if it didn't work in the end, at least we knew that we tried. Because that's enough."

"And Blake made me stronger. I wasn't the little girl who changed herself to fit in with the crowed. I wasn't the little girl who agree with anything someone said. I wasn't that little, frightened girl who withered before anyone's stare. I was and am the woman who stand up to what I believe in. And I will forever be thankful that Blake had shown me a new side of life, ugly it may be, but I had learnt from that."

A thick, heavy silence rests over us after I finished, and Elizabeth only stares, her eyes wide and mouth gaping.

"Well."she said, clearing her throat and grinning up at me,"that was deep."

I couldn't agree more.

___________________________________________________________

We had taken a route back to the restaurant, where Elizabeth and I had packed into her Ford Fiesta and driven to my house. It was a Friday, to which I was very thankful for, and Elizabeth decided that she would stay the night. An uncomfortable cloud of tension hung over us as she drove, the sound of Shawn Mendes's voice singing in the background.

I knew that tonight was the night that she would tell me. It had only been a few weeks of friendship and a strong bridge had already begun between us. We were familiar with the others thoughts and likes. It was as if our brains had somehow mingled together after colliding in the staff room on our first meeting.

I was currently waiting impatiently in my bedroom, Clover curled in my lap. Elizabeth was in the shower taking her sweet time, occasionally breaking out in bundle of songs. It was quite amusing however to hear her belting out lyrics for T-Pain's music and desperately trying to imitate his deep voice.

"Honestly Alison this sweater is horrific."she said, her nose crinkling as she picked at the vomit green sweater that I had lended her.

It had been sent in by my grandma.

I laughed, silently agreeing. My hate for the piece of clothing was the reason why I had given it to her. Not to mention my excitement to see her reaction.

"God I could just turn up wearing this - she gestured to the sweater, her face contorting - and sweats, and win a prize for the most terrifying costume for Halloween."

I stifled a chuckle and made my way to the made up bed that I had created on the couch, on the other side of the room.

"Are we seriously going to bed now?"she said, shock lining her voice as she looked up at the digital clock.

It was 0034.

Rolling my eyes at her absurdity, I nodded. I usually slept at around 9 o'clock in the night, not too late but since I had become accustomed to the time it was a habit that I couldn't really change.

[A/N: Aaaaand cue everyone's response on what time they wake up and sleep, now! 😂😂]

She grinned nervously at me as she flipped of the light switch and made her way to my queen bed, snuggling under the large blankets. There was silence and we simply went over the actions of the day, each of us in our own world.

Elizabeth was the first to break it.

"Hey Alison?"

"Mhmm."

"You sure you don't wanna come up here, I don't minding getting get freak-ay with you in the middle of the night."

I could imagine her winking, a smirk on her face as she said this. I rolled my eyes, laughing either way.

"I'm good."

She stayed silent, and so did I. Again, no one said anything for a considerable about of minutes until I couldn't bare the heavy feeling that seemed to be weighing me down.

"What did happen earlier today?"

She made no movement, and I could see the faint outline of her tense posture as she weighed her possibilities. Elizabeth sighed, and she swung her legs over the bed and flicked on the lights. I winced, shielding my eyes from its brutal attack.

"You're not going to back down till you get answers, aren't you?"

I shook my head, slowly removing my palm from before my eyes and fixing her with an impassive stare. I didn't want to pressure her into telling me information she didn't want to however I couldn't help the pumps of curiosity and irritation that rung through me.

Could Blake and her possibly be long lost lovers?

I pursued my lips at the thought. I had never heard of one of his mistress's names being Elizabeth. I could faintly remember ones like Brittany and Chloe but never an Elizabeth. But what if he moved on quickly after my departure. I mean, why wouldn't he? He had already countlessly proven that he couldn't give two flying fucks if I had fallen into a pit and died. I know he would barely shed a tear.

"Well then, I guess I'll rip it off. Nice and quick you know? Like a bandage."

I can't help the slight edge in my words,"So tell me."

She quirked her eyebrow, a slight frown playing on her lips. Taking in a deep breath, her fingers clasped firmly in her lap, she opened her mouth hesitantly.

"Blake and I are siblings."

__________________________

gosh you guys are hard to trick! majority of you guessed siblings, so good on you!

thank you so much for the heartfelt comments, you're the kindest bunch i've met uwu. have an amazing day <33

QUESTION: What is your favourite book series?
Answer: Straight up Harry Potter. Read the whole
series a billion times and watched the movies every month. it's a beautiful world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 24.9K 39
"I want a divorce." And just hearing him say that my whole world that seemed to revolve around him stopped. Gathering myself I barely managed to spea...
13.8K 280 52
Love...... The word tasted weird on my tongue Love makes a person stupid. Believe me when I say Love is blind, because I've been there before ***** "...
13.1K 301 33
"Please," I heard him beg once more, I looked up at him as he slowly turned his lips into a pout. I heaved a sigh as I let my shoulders slouch. "Fin...
224K 10.6K 81
𝐀𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐜 I was broken. I was deceived. I was betrayed. I was familiar only with emotions of pain and anger. Darkness was a part of me. There was...