Let's Play A Game, Alpha

By HessianKills

"When will you accept me?'' Lucian murmured against my skin. The wonderful feeling only grew as he stepped cl... More

Author's Note
1 - Silence Is Golden
2 - Breaking My Lamp Is Not Cool
3 - F@*% You
4 - Bastard
5 - Freedom Comes With A Cost
6 - Sticks & Stones
7 - Hero
8 - Ghostly Kisses
9 - The Beautiful Bride
10 - Mice Will Play When The Cat's Away
11 - The Beast's Property
12 - Solution? Chocolate
13 - Silver Moon
14 - The 5 Stages of Grief
15 - You Can't Control Me
17 - Crazy Mama Jean
18 - Puppet
19 - Ain't No Party Like A Werewolf Party
20 - The Bonfire
21 - Missing
22 - Strangers Like Best Friends
23 - Flora & A Unicorn Named Shirley
24 - Incomplete
25 - Mommy's Home
26 - Trust Issues
27 - Broken Love
28 - Sins of the Father
29 - Human Nature
30 - Game Over
Author's Note

16 - One of a Kind

259K 10.7K 2.7K
By HessianKills

I slammed the car door, knowing it would just ruffle his feathers even more. Flora was fast asleep. It amazed me that she could have gone through that tonight yet still sleep like the dead. I knew that everything was slowly scarring her. It killed me to know that I couldn't stop it. Going inside, I placed Flora on the bed for the second time that night. Vaughn appeared in the doorway.

"Miss Checke, I shall look after your sister personally for the night. Mr. Nayati has asked me to stay by her side, as well as placing two bodyguards next to the doorway. I assure you, this time I will make sure Flora Checke's safety is not compromised." Vaughn announced.

I shook my head. "Thank you Vaughn, but I would much rather do it myself. I'm her sister and I was supposed to look after her. Look where that got me. I think I can handle this for tonight. Thanks again for the offer. Tell Mr. Nayati to go chase his tail."

Vaughn looked uncomfortable. "Ahh...my apologies, Miss Checke." he murmured. "But Mr. Nayati is requesting your company in the ballroom. He....says it is very urgent. I hope you do not mind my advice, Miss Checke, but I do think it is best if you do as he says. Just for tonight."

I sighed and stood up. "Ugh. What does that mutt want now?"

The look on Vaughn's face made me stop from insulting Lucian any further. "Sorry." I quickly added. "I know he's your leader and everything and I shouldn't talk against him like that, but damn he's infuriating." I sighed.

Vaughn nodded and walked over to the bed, changing into his wolf form. I watched in pure curiosity as he wandered around in circles for a bit before settling down next to the tiger carpet. His eyes glowed in the bright moonlight, coming to focus on me. It comforted me to know that Flora was in safe hands. Taking a deep breath, I stopped before walking out the door.

"I trust you, Vaughn." I whispered. He seemed to almost smile at my words. I grinned back and closed the door, almost stepping on something warm and furry. It was another wolf sleeping next to the door. On the other side was another one, with white fur that almost shone as brightly as Lucian's. I walked away, my stomach doing twirls at the thought of Lucian.

The nauseous feeling in my stomach only grew as I neared the grand double doors of the ballroom. I was fully aware of what we had been doing in there before Flora had been kidnapped. I couldn't figure out what Lucian had thought of that. He had been my first kiss. Draycottwas a town where very few girls still had their innocence. I was one of those girls. Suddenly, the nausea was replaced with fear. Lucian probably had years of experience. Everything was happening so fast. The thought reduced me to tears.

The strong, rebellious girl I was no more. I would have to admit it sooner or later. Lucian could do anything he wanted to me. I would fight, but it wouldn't be any use if he used force. I was no fighter in his presence. With a shaky breath, I opened the door.

Music swirled all around the vast room. Lucian was at the piano, almost covered in shadows. The moonlight barely reached their fingers to his tall form in the darkness. Sweet, somber tunes flowed out of the piano, filling the ballroom with a crescendo of music. The harmony was so delicate I was afraid to speak. I could only watch as he continued playing. The scene was so picturesque that I wished it would stay like that forever. His beauty was beyond words. Or maybe that was just because I was compelled into thinking that because I was his mate.

The Alpha's mate.

What silly words.

The music stopped with the high trill of a note. For a moment neither of us spoke. I was afraid of breaking the gentle silence his music bought over the room. Then suddenly he was behind me. I could tell from the gentle breeze that followed a second too late and his breathing soft on the back of my neck.

"I admire your courage." he whispered against my skin. I could feel my knees weaken. His lips were close enough that I could feel the rough stubble that brushed against my spine. Lucian's voice was quiet and worn out. "I don't think I've ever met anyone like you, Victoria Checke. You certainly are one of a kind. Such a defiant little thing. Good God, you've wrecked me."

His voice was rough. Honest. I didn't dare to let go of the breath I had been holding. Lucian's long, calloused fingers brushed away my pink hair, exposing his bite mark beneath. I felt vulnerable and helpless, but maybe that is what I wanted. I was tired of fighting with Lucian. Perhaps it was time I accepted him as my master. But the raw defiance in me wouldn't give up. Draycottmade me strong. Without a parental figure in my life, I had developed that instinct to protect. The problem was, so had Lucian. And neither of us would let go of that dominance.

His lips were so close to his wolf mark. I could feel it. Electric shocks traveled up my entire body when he brushed his fingers over it. Even though I knew it was just an artificial feeling, just twisting my body's hormones to make me feel that way, it felt good whether I liked it or not. Lucian knew how weak I was in his hands from my body's reaction.

"When will you accept me?'' Lucian murmured against my skin. The wonderful feeling only grew as he stepped closer, the thick muscles between our layers of clothing pressing against my back. He dipped his head. I could feel his lips against my ear when he spoke. "When, Victoria? I am tired of fighting with you. I know you want me just as much as I want you. Admit it."

I couldn't.

"Admit it, Victoria!'' Lucian's voice went deep when he raised it. Goosebumps prickled my entire body as he whirled me around so that we were face-to-face. I exhaled softly, hating the dominant position he had over me. Lucian wretched my chin up. His eyes were burning with a lustful smolder. "Admit it." he repeated angrily.

"N-no." Oh, I would definitely get myself killed tonight. I knew my defiance was angering him further but saying I wanted Lucian would mean I was accepting defeat. And I didn't do that.

Lucian pushed me away with a strangled sound in his throat. Before I could go sprawling to the ground however, his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back up. I simply could not understand Lucian. He hurts me and then saves me. At least I was consistent with my emotions. How complicated could one man get?

Lucian laughed darkly. "Wrong answer."

And then his lips were on mine. His fingers pulling against my hair, his tongue nicking my mouth without consent. It was rough and persistent. The kiss I would remember for the rest of my life. It didn't compare at all to the way we kissed before. This time it was angry....animalistic. I could see how hard Lucian had fought to hold himself back. He pushed me against the piano and I jumped on, giving myself better access to his lips. He suddenly crunched his sharp teeth down on my lower lip. Pain blossomed from the spot and I could feel a small drop of blood fall down. My eyes popped open in shock. I placed my hands on Lucian's steel chest and pushed, but he refused to move. Lucian smiled against the place where he had cut me and flicked his tongue out, catching the blood droplets and somehow soothing the newly-formed bruise.

I didn't know how to stop. Everything bad about Lucian was everything that drew me towards him like a moth to a flame. Would Lucian stop tonight? Did I even want him to? That question was answered a second later. Lucian suddenly pulled away without a warning. I let out an involuntary moan, immediately slapping a hand over my mouth a second later. Embarrassment washed through me like a wave. Did I seriously just....moan?

Lucian smirked, clearly pleased with my horrifying mewl. He knew he had won. Without saying anything, he turned away. I dug my fingernails into my palm until they would surely leave half-crescent marks in the morning. Damn, he was infuriating. And handsome. And cold-hearted. And insanely addicting.

"Fine." I spat, my face burning. "Okay. I want you, Lucian. Damn, you're cruel. Yes, I act like a bitch sometimes. Actually, scratch that." I jumped down from the piano and cringed when Lucian turned to face me again, his eyes merely trained on my face like what I was saying meant nothing to him. But I could see the blazing heat he tried hard to keep cool. "I act like a bitch most of the time, but you make me that way. Truth be told, I'm scared to tell you how I feel because it makes me vulnerable. And I know that's one thing I can never be, because Flora's life depends on my decisions. I'll be a bitch but I'll do it for Flora. Okay? There, I said it. Now leave me alone."

Lucian was in front of me in a flash. He cupped one hand around my neck, directly under the bite mark. I had to bite my lip hard to avoid letting out another embarrassing noise. "Let me in, Victoria." He forced me to look into his metallic eyes. "Let me know every part of you, whether it be your body or your heart. I want to know every imperfection on your body. I want to memorize every inch of your skin. I want to know what goes on in that head of yours. Please don't feel vulnerable around me. You have nothing to be afraid of."

"I'm not afraid of you, Lucian. I'm afraid of myself, because I've never had to depend on anyone else before to survive." Why did my mouth feel so thick? Why was it so hard to admit that?

His fingers stopped inching their way up my skin. "What?" Lucian sounded surprised.

I laughed under my breath, half out of frustration. The other half was because Lucian's surprised face was so unnatural. He wasn't made to be taken back by anything or anyone, for that matter. "I don't know how to accept this, Lucian. I don't understand how you feel because you're not human and you don't understand me because I am. My life has completely changed in less than a week. It's overwhelming, to be honest."

"I am not human but I do have a heart." Lucian growled gently.

"It doesn't beat."

"It doesn't have to."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.7K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...
2.4M 73.8K 50
#2 in Werewolf 12/05/18 Mated to a Beta and marked by his Alpha. A unique twist on the clichéd possessive Alpha stories. "W-what are you doing?" I s...
19M 569K 39
CONTAINS VERY MATURE CONTENT. "Katarina," my name passed his lips in a gruff whisper and I felt like I was going to melt into a puddle. Rafe's hands...
1.3K 6 79
'Mate her!' Lukas's beast roared from within. The outburst surprised him. Unlike some situation where his wolf wanted blood from his women now, it's...