Break From The Spotlight

By jklmariapk

A story about a popular actress, torn from her past decides to run away from the limelight and experience li... More

Apologies ๐Ÿ’•
6.Jinx ๐Ÿ’•
7.Betrayal ๐Ÿ’•
8.Away ๐Ÿ’•
9.Bright ๐Ÿ’•
10.Reality ๐Ÿ’•

5.Gone ๐Ÿ’•

20 0 0
By jklmariapk

Smith drove smoothly into the parking lot and I came down almost hurriedly.  I was two minutes late for my meeting with Drew. Smith handed over to me my bag,  trying not to mishandle it.  I smiled at him and rushed in through the glass doors.  This building,  the building my career started,  my fame, my stature.  I owed it all to this building.  I entered in the second floor and stood patiently waiting as the elevator went up.  The elevator stopped and a guy with a shrew T-shirt entered.  I held my breath.  He didn't smell bad,  he just smelt of cheap perfume. Kelsey's fault. When we arrived at the second floor I sighed deeply as I walked out the elevator.  I walked in to Drew's office, dropping my new Gucci bag on an ottoman, I sat on a chair across him.  He was on a call, his chair in the direction of the vast view of tall buildings and skyscrapers.  I sat, waiting patiently till he was done.  I stared at my newly manicured nails.
      He was done with the call after three minutes and turned facing me. "Karen, how are u doing darl. " I simply smiled placing my hands on the finely polished oak table. I wished more than anything Drew would give me a solo lead this time.  I have only done that once. I stared at him as he rummaged through some files on his desk.  Did his desk always have to be so untidy ? I thought he had a secretary.
    He picked up a file,  a blue one.  He handed it over to me. "First I'd like to say am sorry.  I couldn't secure a solo lead again.  I will try next time.  But this is a big deal. It's worth more than before.  And more stressful."   I sighed. What could this be. A musical. No,  that would be bad.  Very.  I picked up the file. I stared at the front. Written in bold letters lay a name.  Scarlet. That sounded interesting, but I still hope it isn't a musical. He continued speaking as I scanned through the file.  "It's a seasonal movie.  It's just four seasons so don't panic.  Eight episodes each year.  And your fellow cast members are written there."  They sure where.  I wasnt even a lead actress.  I was doing  a supporting role.  That would help me have that vacation I wanted to have next two months.  I haven't really decided where to go. Go to Ireland. My silly mind suggested.  I can't do that. I never want to see her again anyway.  I scoffed.  Drew said the rehersals starts next week and by the first week of next month we will we done.  Maybe I'll visit Hawaii by the way.
  When we were done I baded him goodbye and took off to the publishing room where I get my script. I was going to act with Raquel Cole.  One of the hottest model and actress of our time.  She was worth triple of what I was worth.  That's why she got the lead role. She was a better face at promoting the movie.  I, well,  I could have been too,  but no one in this industry pretty much takes me seriously.  After getting my script I called Smith to come pick up and I skidded through the script as I waited.

This photo is a picture of what Karen looks like. PS: I do not know this person. I got the picture online,  thought it portrayed Karen.

And this is a photo of Kelsey  I see her as a serious workaholic but a beautiful lady.  So...  I need ideas for other cast. Like Drew. And Smith.

Thanks and don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 10.6K 26
แ€…แ€ถแ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€™แ€ฝแ€”แ€บ + แ€แ€แ€ฑแ€แ€บแ€แ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธ แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€„แ€บแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€†แ€€แ€บแ€†แ€ถแ€›แ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€”แ€ฑแ€กแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€…แ€บแ€แ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€…แ€ญแ€แ€บแ€žแ€˜แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€€แ€ฝแ€ฒแ€œแ€ฝแ€ฒแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€•แ€ผแ€”แ€บแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ทแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€กแ€แ€ปแ€ญแ€”แ€บแ€™แ€พแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฐแ€Œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€”แ€ฒแ€ทแ€กแ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€žแ€™แ€ฌแ€ธแ€†แ€€แ€บแ€†แ€ถแ€›แ€ฑแ€ธแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€ฝ...
74.8K 1.9K 69
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...
38.6K 3.5K 19
A Royal family renowned for their illustrious name and fame, A family full of pride and rage, A Family for which everyone bows their head - The Agnih...
1.2M 40K 59
Princess Nymeria is well aware that her kingdom is in decline. It has been for hundreds of years after all. Unlike her ancestors, she's willing to re...