LOVING TWO

By honeeylovee

"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everyth... More

Chapter One Intro: Sunset Views (Diary)
Chapter Two: Jacksonville (Diary)
Chapter Three: First Night In Redwood-Ville
Chapter Four: The Next Door Neighbor
Chapter Five: Senior Year
Chapter Six: Bright Stars
Chapter Seven: Late Night Thoughts
Chapter Eight: Letting Demons Out
Chapter Ten: Mixed Emotions
Chapter Eleven: The Heartbreak
Chapter Twelve: Me Myself & I
Chapter Thirteen: School Project
Chapter Fourteen: War Declared
Chapter Fifteen: School Field Trip
Chapter Sixteen: The Healer
Chapter Seventeen: Take Me To Paradise
Chapter Eighteen: Facing Reality
Chapter Nineteen: Troubling Young Love
Chapter Twenty: Mending A Shattered Heart
Chapter Twenty-One: A Chance On Bad
Chapter Twenty-Two: Rumors
Chapter Twenty-Three: Rage
Chapter Twenty-Four: Burning Passion
Chapter Twenty-Five: A Dangerous Ex
Chapter Twenty-Six: Faded Memories
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Vivid Nightmare
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Aching Hearts
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Singing The Blues
Chapter Thirty: Singing The Blues (pt.2)
Chapter Thirty-One: Letting Go
Chapter Thirty-Two: An Old Friend
Chapter Thirty-Three: A Ghost From The Past
Chapter Thirty-Four: Secrets (Pt.1)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Secrets (Pt.2)
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Offer
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Open Wound
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Time Heals
Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Night Of Romance
Chapter Forty: Unfortunate Event
Chapter Forty-One: A Lustful Kiss?
Chapter Forty-Two: Bad Lies
Chapter Forty-Three: The Call
Chapter Forty-Four: Deception
Chapter Forty-Five: The Proposal
Chapter Forty-Six: The Hide Out (Pt.1)
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Hide Out (Pt.2)
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Decision
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Capture
Chapter Fifty: A Dreadful Death
Chapter Fifty-One: Ticking Bomb
Chapter Fifty-Two: Life Goes On
Chapter Fifty-Three: Birth To A New Beginning
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Agreement
Chapter Fifty-Five: Back To A Loving Home
Chapter Fifty-Six: Birthday Surprise
Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Confession
Chapter Fifty-Eight: A Passionate Night
Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Halloween Party
Chapter Sixty: Calling It Quits?
Chapter Sixty-One: The Reason Comes Out
Chapter Sixty-Two: The Return
Chapter Sixty-Three: Out For Blood
Chapter Sixty-Four: The Choice
Chapter Sixty-Five: Closing Two Chapters
Chapter Sixty-Six: A New Home
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Fateful Accident
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Farewell My Love
Chapter Sixty-Nine: A Life Changing Decision
Chapter Seventy: Sunset Views In Jacksonville

Chapter Nine: A New Vibe

1.1K 15 1
By honeeylovee

I had barely made it to school on time or so I thought. I was confused to find my class empty and no sign of where they all could've gone. So I decided to go into the administrative office and find out. Last thing I wanted was Mr. Jackson to yell at me for arriving late when I had actually made it just a minute before the bell rang. A nice lady working there was able to help me out. Except she couldn't leave the office unattended. So she had a guy that was also there direct me to where my class was. He was really attractive he had a low fade, hazel eyes, light skin and adorable dimples. I took notice as he gave me a half shy smile. He was also quite tall with an athletic body type. He began to walk by my side without saying a single word. I had to break the ice somehow I was feeling uncomfortable.

"Thank you for going out of your way to walk me to the gym" I gave him a sweet smile. "Sure you are welcome I was actually heading there myself" he gave me a smile back showing off his dimples. While I was looking at him I didn't notice that ahead of me was an open locker. Of course I walk right into it and hit my head once AGAIN. "Oh shit are you okay?" he asked while he gently rubbed my head where I felt a huge bump. Without answering him right away, I leaned back on the locker that my head roughly closed. While looking at his face expression that was full of concern I replied softly "Your hands are really soft".

Just as I said that I instantly looked down as I felt my face getting warm. I was probably redder than a tomato. I couldn't believe I said that out loud! He took his hands off me and gave me a shy smile, while he brushed his hand down his head towards his neck. "You're new here aren't you?"..he asked..(Geez I wonder what gave that away).."Um yeah I am.." I said nervously. I don't know why I was acting like such a child but he was really attractive and was super sweet but also had a bad boy look. He wasn't easy to figure out. "How do you like the school so far?" he asked with a hopeful expression on his face as if hoping I would say I was loving it. I was about to answer him when a teacher came out of a classroom holding two big flower pots struggling not to drop them. "Hey Ms. Lee you need help?" he walked right to her and without waiting for her answer he carried both pots on his own. (Can this guy get any sweeter?..) I thought to myself while walking towards him.

We walked to a garden that was located in the back of the school. The teacher seemed really grateful for his help. So she promised to give us both passes to excuse our absence in the class we were headed too. There was about twenty-five minutes left for the class to end. So she asked us for help around the garden planting seeds and watering flower pots. We gladly agreed and stayed to help her with her garden. Anything to avoid spending a class period with the annoying ass of Lina and the arrogant asshole of James. She handed me several seeds to plant and she gave him a water-hose to wash off the dirt from some flower pots.

I noticed he began to let loose a bit and jokingly sprayed some water towards Ms. Lee which she seemed not to mind. (How can such an attractive guy like him have such a fun attitude and be shy as well). I thought to myself as I looked at him while he was singing along to 'Blue Moon'. A song that was playing on the radio Ms. Lee had placed outside for us. He looked over to me and suddenly stopped singing he got a bit red and quickly looked down. I felt bad for making him feel uncomfortable so I got up and started to slowly twirl around pretending to dance with someone.

It wasn't my cup of tea meaning it wasn't my type of music but I wasn't going to make him feel like a joke. If there was someone that had embarrassing moments since the first day of school it was me. He began to laugh and showed off those adorable dimples of his again. He then walked towards me and began to copy my dance moves. I grabbed his hand and he grabbed my waist. He started to twirl me around as I giggled and he smiled then I let go of his hand. I bend backwards as I felt his grip get tighter on my waist afraid of dropping me. I felt the air brush through my long auburn hair as he continued to twirl me.

I closed my eyes and just for a moment I let go of all my thoughts and mixed feelings. I imagined myself running through a garden full of wild flowers. So free of all my worries and problems. The bell rang and just like that the taste of complete freedom without worries vanished. I was still a bit dizzy so I laid my head on his chest as I felt his hand resting on my waist. Ms. Lee came out of the classroom and gave both of us our passes along with some candy. We walked out of the class together still laughing and talking like if we knew each other so well. "So you never answered my question?" he asked "Which one?" I said. "How do you like this school so far?". If I could be honest to his question I would tell him how much I really hate it. Not only because I had a new enemy to deal with but because it had to do with a boy. One who managed to get under my skin so deep that I was afraid of losing control.

I had to admit though spending time at the garden with him made me forget all about my three troubles. Jake..James and Lina. "I guess it's okay so far" I smiled at him. "I hope I'm part of the reason that it's going okay" he said with a shy smile. (Is he really flirting with me right now?) "I uh should get to class before I'm late" I didn't mean to be rude but I was still going out with Jake and the last thing I needed was another guy added to my list of problems. He gave me one last smile and offered to walk me to class. On our way there he was telling me about some of the places around town that are fun to go too. He even invited me to go out one day to the movies with him.

Of course I had to sit that one out even though we both had enjoyed our time together. At the end of the day I wasn't single and I still cared for Jake. Even if he didn't want anything to do with me at the moment. Jake never really called it off. We kept talking and laughing about dumb stuff on the way when we finally reached my class. "Thanks again for walking me to class" I said with a smile before going inside. "Oh of course you're welcome..Thank you for helping me start my day in such a great way" he chuckled. "By the way I didn't get your name?" I couldn't believe we didn't introduce ourselves. It must've skipped our mind since we both hit it off so well. It felt as if we knew each other already. "My name is Jazmin what's yours?" "I'm-".

"Miles!!"..(Oh great!) I didn't have to turn around to see who it was I recognized his annoying voice. So in order to avoid him I quickly gave a hug to the guy that I had just met. I said thanks again and walked inside the class right away. He must've felt like an idiot the way I cut him off and hurried away. I didn't even get his name. I wasn't even sure as to why I was trying so hard to avoid bumping into James. I had him for the next class and he was after all my next door neighbor. So I was bound to see him face to face at some point. I sat down and looked over to the classroom door. The guy I had met was still standing by it but looking elsewhere.

He gave out a cheerful laugh and caught a football that was thrown to him then he looked over to me and smiled. I shyly returned the smile and turned my head down. I felt embarrassed he had caught me looking at him. Though I was a bit thrown off when I saw the football he was holding on his hands. (Could James have thrown that to him?) Noo..That would be a one in a million shot. The guy I met was sweet and shy also had a great sense of humor while James was arrogant, rude and self centered. There was no way that guy would ever consider someone like James a friend. I couldn't help but keep my eyes glued to the door waiting to see James walk into class but he never showed up. I guess he preferred to ditch the class. Guess I wasn't the only one trying to hide. For some odd reason the thought of him avoiding me kind of hurt.

The rest of the day at school went by smooth nothing interesting happened I didn't bump into James nor Lina. I just went about my business with my two new friends Ash and Amy. Right after school ended they invited me to hang out in some skate park close by. According to them it was a popular spot where mostly everyone in school would go and hang out. I wasn't too convinced to go out and have fun when all I could think of was Jake.

Amy- Cmon Jaz this will be like a distraction for you!

Ashanti- You'll love the park!

Jazmin- (Ugh no more parks. That won't help me forget Jake right now.) Umm...I really wish I could but...

Before I could finish the sentence Ashanti took me by the arm and pushed me inside her car locking the door. Amy followed and got inside the car. As soon as Ashanti started driving I knew there was no getting off this one. So I called my mom and told her I would be home late. I also wanted to ask her if Jake called the house phone but I didn't want the girls to know about the big argument he and I had. I was avoiding harsh criticism. We got to the park which seemed to be only a few minutes away from school. There was a lot of people there mostly students from school. Others looked older probably from college but everyone seemed to get along just fine. They all just mixed with each other without judging backgrounds or social statuses.

Amy- You ever been to this park Jaz?

Jazmin- Well Jake did take me to a park just the other night but it was pretty dark...

Ashanti- Wait he brought you to this park?

Jazmin- No..Well I don't think so I just remember he took me to a spot where we were able to take a look at a stunning view of the sky that was full of glistening stars..

Amy- Awe! That is sooo romantic.

Ashanti- I know what spot you are talking about come with me!

Jazmin- (She takes me from my arm and starts running towards some trees) Ash!!! Enough kidnapping for one day!!

Amy- Wait for me!!

After some running Ashanti finally came to a stop. Boy was I glad..I felt completely breathless.

Jazmin-....Ash...I can't...Breathe...

Ashanti- Oh relax...We hardly ran..

Amy-....Yeah..says...the...one..that's...in..
Soccer!

Jazmin- Yeah you do running all the time!

Ashanti- *Rolls eyes....Will y'all just look at the damn view!

Jazmin- (As I turned around to see I noticed the view was the same one Jake had taken me too)..Omg! It's this one!!!

Ashanti- *Smiles ...You can thank me later..

Jazmin- (I gave her a tight hug)....You're awesome you know that! A bit faster than normal humans but still awesome!

Ashanti- Haha...Oh hush..

Amy- Uh-oh looks like we are not alone..

Ashanti and I both turned to the direction Amy was pointing too. Just a couple steps away from us I saw a shirtless guy wearing a hat on backwards and black shorts with white shoes. With a muscular back all sweaty sitting down on a big rock looking up to the sky. I could recognize a back like his anywhere, it was Jake.

Ashanti- You want us to leave you alone with him for a bit?

Jazmin- Umm...( I wasn't sure why she said it with a doubtless tone so I gave her a confused look)

Amy- We heard what happened at school Jaz...It's okay you don't have to tell us but we are here for you regardless..

Jazmin- (Oh great how embarrassing they knew this whole time)...Oh that..

Ashanti- You'll be okay?

Jazmin- Yeah I will be..Can you guys let me talk with him for a couple minutes please I'll catch up to u guys..

They both agreed with no hesitation and left me alone with him. He still hadn't seen me nor heard me due to his headphones. I walked close to him from behind admiring his back and how sexy his muscles flexed as he stretched. He poured water on his head while I stood in silence gawking at the way the drops of water rolled down his back. How I wished my tongue could lick the drops off his skin. I wanted to badly touch him and feel his love again. However I was a coward and afraid of his reaction. So instead I nervously called out his name but he didn't hear me. He must've had the music on too loud. So I took his headphones off.

"Jake"

"Guess again Tiger".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 429 51
"I'm always sweet babe. You just never noticed." He said with a wink. "It's Alley, not babe. Now bye. I gotta go." I placed emphasis on Alley and bab...
869 78 9
Alyssa is book smart and clueless when it comes to things in the outside world. All she cares about are her grades and why should she bother about an...
1.8M 30.2K 39
He's rich. He's dangerous. He's sexy. After moving to California, I met a notorious bad boy named Ace. As my feelings for him grew stronger, so did m...
3.3M 103K 63
𝐀𝐯𝐚 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 and her family of 5 recently moved continents after the tragic death of her beloved grandma to start afresh, once she starts a...