Worlds Colliding (Riverdale...

By katherinep97

All rights go to the creators of Riverdale and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Hearto... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - The River's Edge
Chapter 3 - Body Double
Chapter 4 - The Last Picture Show
Chapter 5 - Heart of Darkness
Chapter 6 - Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!
Chapter 7 - In a Lonely Place
Chapter 8 - The Outsiders
Chapter 9 - La Grande Illusion
Chapter 10 - The Lost Weekend
Chapter 11 - To Riverdale and Back Again
Chapter 12 - Anatomy of a Murder
Chapter 13 - The Sweet Hereafter

Chapter 2 - Touch of Evil

625 22 1
By katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/31540

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: There were several shots of the town.

Jughead: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (Riverdale) This story is about a town, once wholesome and innocent, now forever changed..."

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: On Sweetwater River, Jason and Valentina walked toward the water.

Jughead: (voice over) "By the mysterious death of Jason Blossom on the Fourth of July."

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: In the school hallway, Archie and Grundy were talking.

"Can we talk, Ms. Grundy?" Archie asked.

"About what?" Grundy asked.

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: In the pouring rain, Archie and Grundy were in her car in the parking lot, hooking up.

Archie: (voice over from 1.01 - The River's Edge) "You're the music teacher. Can we talk about music?"

Archie: (voice over from 1.01 - The River's Edge) "We heard what we heard, and afterwards, we didn't do anything."

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: In the music room, Archie and Grundy were talking.

"How would we explain why we were together at 6:00 AM on the Fourth of July?" Grundy asked.

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: In Fred's trailer at the construction site, he was sitting across from Hermione at the dest.

Hermione: (voice over from 1.01 - The River's Edge) "Hello, Fred."

"Can I get you anything?" Fred asked.

"A job," Hermione answered.

Fred sat on the desk next to her. "I can't very well have the wife of Hiram Lodge, on trial for fraud and embezzlement, balancing my books."

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: At the dance, KP and Archie were dancing, smiling as they listened to Josie and the Pussycats perform her song.

Betty: (voice over from 1.01 - The River's Edge) "KP and Archie are endgame."

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: In Thornhill, Valentina turned to Cheryl. "What the hell are you up to now?"

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: In the closet, after a moment of resisting, Betty and Sebastian ended up kissing, slowly at first, then deeper and more passionate.

Valentina: (voice over from 1.01 - The River's Edge) "Preying on insecurities to drive them apart before they can even figure out whatever they have for themselves?"

"Why don't you just leave them, then?" Jughead asked.

"My brother tried to leave them," Valentina told him. "I guess that didn't work out so well?"

"What do you mean?" Jughead asked.

Valentina didn't answer, changing the subject. "I wanna help you."

"With what?" Jughead asked.

"The book," Valentina answered. "Only if you help me find out what happened to him."

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: In Thornhill, Cheryl smirked, walking by Vallie, whispering. "You're smart for someone who has to be reminded to take their meds. I might not be able to hurt you, ice princess, but I can hurt your friends to keep you in line."

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: At her table with Jughead, Valentina sighed, holding her head in her hands. "Between my brother's secrets and Cheryl and my parents pushing me into things that I don't wanna do, and using my friends, your sister including, to do it, I'm kinda freaking out."

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: By Sweetwater River, Kevin and Moose found Jason's body.

Kevin couldn't look away no matter how much he wanted to. "Oh, my God, it's Jason. He was shot."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Day One

Morning - Pop's Chock-Lit Shoppe

Jughead was sitting at his stable, typing on his laptop.

Jughead: (voice over) "I think many of us, maybe the entire town, had been hoping against hope that somehow Jason Blossom hadn't drowned on July 4th."

~-~

Flashback

Day - Riverdale High School - Hallway

Jughead and KP were getting their thing from their lockers.

Valentina was at her locker nearby, looking around, seeing Jason walk down the hall with the football team, and that her brother would look at her and nod as they walked past.

Jughead: (voice over) "That we'd come to school Monday morning, and there Jason would be."

~-~

Pop's

There was a brief flashback of Cheryl, Valentina and Jason sitting at a booth, drinking milkshakes and eating.

Jughead: (voice over) "Or that we'd see him, Valentina and Cheryl in a booth at Pop's."

~-~

Day - Pop's

Jughead was sitting at his table, typing on his laptop.

Jughead: (voice over) "But that was before the undeniable, irrevocable fact..."

~-~

Riverdale Hospital - Morgue

The Blossom family had to ID Jason's body. Cheryl and Valentina were horrified, near tears. Cheryl turned to cry into Vallie's shoulder.

Jughead: (voice over) "Of his bloated, water-logged body, a corpse with a bullet hole in its forehead, and terrible secrets that could only be revealed by the cold, steel blade of a coroner's autopsy scalpel."

~-~

Night - Andrews House - Archie's Room

Archie was sleeping, tossing and turning.

Jughead: (voice over) "Or the telltale beating of a guilty heart."

Archie was awoken by the sound of the gunshot that he and Grundy had heard on the river. He grabbed his phone, texting KP.

R U up? Can we talk?

~-~

Twilight Drive In

KP was working at the drive in when she got the text, looking at her phone, texting back.

Working. What's wrong?

Archie texted back:

It can wait.

~-~

Andrews House - Archie's Room

Archie obviously didn't want to bother KP while she was at work, and didn't know how to tell her what had happened, pulling on his jeans and shoes, walking out of the room.

~-~

Jessica's Room

Jessica was sleeping in her bed.

Archie walked in, walking closer to the bed, sitting down, shaking Jessica by her shoulder slightly. "Jess. Jess."

Jessica woke up, looking toward Archie, sighing tiredly. "Dude, what the hell?"

"I need a talk," Archie told her.

Jessica closed her eyes, trying to go back to sleep. "Make an appointment in day time."

Archie rolled his eyes. "Come on, Jess. Please, I really need to talk to someone, KP is busy, blame her that I need to wake you up."

"I'm blaming both of you," Jessica told him.

Archie smiled a little. "Jess."

Jessica sighed, opening her eyes, sitting up, looking over Archie's face. "Bad dream?"

Archie sighed. "You can say that."

"Well, can you not have them?" Jessica asked.

"I'm trying," Archie told her. "Can I tell you something? But you can't tell no one."

Jessica tilted her head. "Bro, it's me you talking to. I'm always keeping your secrets." Archie smiled a little. "What's up?"

"Let's go for a run," Archie told her.

"What?" Jessica complained. "No, no, dude, I don't wanna right now. It's like..." She looked around, thinking, looking back at Archie. "Well, I don't know what time it is, but it's late."

Archie scoffed, pushing the covers off. "Come on."

"No," Jessica complained.

"Jess, I really need to talk with someone," Archie told her, getting up. "Come on, be a sister."

Jessica groaned, getting up. "I hate you. Go away, I'll be out in a few minutes."

Archie chuckled, shaking his head, walking out.

~-~

Hallway

Archie walked out of his room, wearing his jogging clothes, walking toward Jessica's room, knocking, walking in.

Jessica had her jogging clothes on, asleep.

Archie rolled his eyes. "You gotta be kidding me." He walked closer, pulling Jessica out of her bed. "Let's go."

"No," Jessica complained. "Bed, help me."

Archie pulled her out of the room, chuckling.

~-~

Street

Archie and Jessica were jogging down the road, slowly stopping, breathing heavily.

"Okay, you got me up," Jessica told him. Archie chuckled. "Now what's the news?"

Archie looked around the empty street, looking back at Jessica. They sat down on the grass. Archie took a deep breath. "Okay, on July 4th, I-I was with a -- a friend close to the same river that Jason had disappeared."

Jessica nodded. "Okay."

Archie hesitated. "We've heard a gunshot." Jessica frowned. "My friend said it was fireworks, but I-I know it's not that."

"Wait, hold on a minute," Jessica told him. "You telling me, you and your friend were there that night Jason was... killed?"

Archie sighed. "You think I should have tell the police?"

"Yeah," Jessica told him. "But then, they would want to question you and your friend."

"No, no," Archie told her, shaking his head. "No, I can't involve her."

Jessica tilted her head. "Were you with a girl?"

Archie hesitated, looking away. "Yeah." He looked back at Jessica. "But I can't say anything. Jess, you can't tell no one, remember."

Jessica hesitated, giving in, sighing, nodding. "Okay."

Archie sighed a sigh in relief, nodding.

~-~

Day Two

Morning - Andrews House - Kitchen

Fred was feeding Vegas dog food. "All right, here you go, Vegas. Good boy."

Jessica and Archie walked in. "Morning, Dad."

"Hey, guys," Fred told them. "Where'd you sneak off to last night?"

"You, uh, you heard that?" Archie asked.

"I've been hearing you two sneak out since you were eight and seven years old, going to Jughead and KP's treehouse," Fred told them.

"We couldn't sleep," Jessica explained. "Went for a jog to tire ourselves out."

"Yeah?" Fred asked. "Got something on your mind?"

Jessica sighed, nodding. "Just all this stuff with Jason."

Fred nodded in understanding. "No more midnight runs until the police catch whoever it was that shot that poor kid. I swear to God, this town."

~-~

Cooper House - Betty's Room

Betty was laying on her bed, writing in her diary.

Hal knocked on the door, walking in. "Hey, honey?" Alice followed. "We just wanted you to know, it's gonna be a bit of a late night for us."

"It's going to be a lot of late nights for us," Alice told her. "I mean, an accidental drowning, who cares? But the sociopathic son of the wealthiest family in town, murdered? That's a national obsession waiting to happen."

"He's barely in his grave, Alice," Hal told her.

"Can you warm up the car, Hal?" Alice asked. "I'll be right down." Hal walked out of the room. Betty sat up. Alice walked closer, sitting next to her daughter. "Betty, you know what I love most about you? It's that you always want to see the good in people. Even people like Cheryl and Valentina Blossom, and Veronica and Sebastian Lodge, and KP Jones, and Archie and Jessica Andrews. But when you were at the Blossom house, you saw their true colors, didn't you?"

"I did," Betty answered. "I definitely did."

"So no backsliding," Alice told her. "No Cheryl. No Valentina."

"I saw that Cheryl is the manipulative snake that you always say she is," Betty told her. "But I saw Valentina defending me and my friends against her own sister. And it's not the first time that she's done that."

~-~

Riverdale High School - Hallway

Jessica and Archie were standing at Jason's locker, which had a memorial set up around it.

KP walked up behind Jessica and Archie. "Hi."

"Hey, KP," Archie told her.

"Have you guys seen Vallie?" KP asked. "I've been worried about her."

"No, I haven't seen her since they found..." Jessica trailed off, looking at the memorial for Jason. "Him."

KP sighed, leaning next to the locker next to them.

Jughead walked up to them. "Do you think I can use Jason Blossom's death as an excuse to get out of PE? 'Sorry, Coach, I'm just too depressed and freaked out right now to do pull ups'."

"Don't joke about Jason Blossom," KP told him.

"What?" Jughead asked. "Sardonic humor is just my way of relating to the world."

KP looked down the hallway toward Reggie, Moose and a student named Chuck, scoffing. "Oh, look, it's the rich kids from 'The Goonies'. All right, I'm out."

"I can help you find Vallie, if you need me to," Jessica told her.

KP sighed, shaking her head. "No. Last thing Valentina wants is for an entourage looking for her."

KP and Jughead started to walk away.

Reggie bumped into Jughead as he passed. "Watch it, Wednesday Addams."

~-~

Elsewhere

Betty and Kevin were walking down the hallway.

"Are we 100% sure that Archie's straight?" Kevin asked. "Because no straight man has that body."

"Speaking of bodies, have you recovered from finding Jason's?" Betty asked.

Kevin sighed. "It was more traumatizing having to explain to my dad what I was doing with Moose at the river. Yet another perk of being the Sheriff's son."

~-~

Office

Betty and Kevin walked into the office to see a vase of yellow flowers on the counter.

Kevin smiled in shock. "Oh, my God, those are gorgeous. Are those for Betty, Mrs. Philips?"

"That's why I called her," Mrs. Philips answered.

Kevin found a card on the flowers, reading it.

Bash walked closer, saying what was on the card aloud. "'Dear Betty, hope what happened at the Blossoms' house didn't ruin things for us to be friends. Bash'."

Veronica walked in, holding a box of cupcakes. "The yellow is for friendship. I also had Magnolia cupcakes flown in from New York. Because, as our mom likes to say, 'There's no wrong the right cupcake can't fix'. Kevin, can we walk?"

Veronica didn't wait for an answer, taking Kevin by the arm, pulling him out of the office so Betty and Bash could talk alone.

Bash leaned against the counter next to the flowers. "I know we both said that we didn't want to go there that night, and playing 20 questions didn't exactly stop the inevitable, but..." Betty chuckled nervously. "Hope I didn't blow my chance to have a friend."

"It's not you, Bash," Betty told him. "It's..."

"Yeah, you said your Mom would kill you, so..." Bash trailed off.

Betty chuckled. "I don't tell her everything, but she does like to go through my diary, so..."

Bash nodded in amusement. "One of those Moms."

"Yeah," Betty answered.

"Full disclosure, resident good girl," Bash told her. "I was resident bad boy up in New York. Now I'm just trying to change for the better."

"Yeah, Veronica said that," Betty told him.

"So, what do you say?" Bash asked. "Friends?"

Betty smiled, nodding. "Friends."

~-~

Principal's Office

Cheryl and Valentina had been called in to stand with Principal Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller in the office as he gave morning announcements.

"Good morning, students, this is your principal speaking," Weatherbee told them. "There have been many inquiries about the upcoming pep rally. So let me state clearly, it is happening, as scheduled." Cheryl was giving a too bright, fake smile, causing Vallie to roll her eyes in annoyance. "Now, on a less felicitous note, if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller."

Sheriff spoke to the students. "Most of you already know the details, but your classmate Jason Blossom's body was found late Saturday night." Josie and the Pussycats were listening from the bathroom. "So, as of the weekend..." Archie, Bash and the rest of the football team were listening from the boys' locker room. "Jason's death is now being treated as a homicide." Jessica, Betty, Kevin, Veronica and KP were listening from a student lounge. "It is an open and ongoing investigation."

Cheryl spoke through the mic to the students. "And may I interject, neither my sister Valentina, I, nor our parents will rest until Jason's death is avenged, and his cold-hearted killer is walking the green mile to sit in Old Sparky and fry. I, for one, have my suspicions. Hashtag Riverdale strong."

Valentina rolled her eyes, speaking to the students. "If you anything that could help us find and apprehend Jason's killer, or anything about what happened to him on July 4th, please come forward immediately." Archie was walking by the office, looking inside to see Cheryl, Vallie, Sheriff and Weatherbee. "You can talk to Sheriff Keller or Principal Weatherbee." Valentina saw Archie out in the hall. "A death like this wounds us all. Let's not let Jason down."

~-~

Hallway

Archie was splashing water over his face.

Jughead walked toward him. "Archie. Weirdest thing. This summer, we were supposed to go on a road trip with KP over July 4th weekend, which you bailed on at the last minute. Is there something you wanna tell me, pal?"

Archie looked away nervously.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Worlds Colliding (Riverdale)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Chemistry Class

Archie walked past Jughead in his seat toward where KP was sitting alone, sitting next to her.

Jessica was sitting next to Veronica.

Two girls were talking to Cheryl and Valentina.

"We were wondering, Valentina," Girl 1 told her. "Back in July, you told the po-po that Jason drowned."

"Yet, we come to find out that Jason didn't drown," Girl 2 told her. "He was shot. That's slightly suspicious, no?"

"Are you living mannequins suggesting I had something to do with my brother's death?" Valentina asked.

"Before you get angry, Vallie, we're just curious," Cheryl told her.

"What do the police think happened?" Girl 1 asked.

"I'll tell you what I told them, which is that Jason did fall into the water," Valentina told them. "We both did. I made it to the shore, he didn't. Maybe he made it to the other side of the river and someone shot him there. Who knows?"

KP stood. "Vallie."

Valentina looked toward KP and Archie, walking toward them, sitting on the other side of KP so she could calm down.

The teacher walked in. "Seats, everyone. Pair off, gloves on, scalpels up."

"Can I be with Valentina?" KP asked.

"And I wanna be with Betty," Bash told them.

"Oh, Kevin wanted to partner with me," Betty told them.

"Actually, uh, Keller's with me," Moose told them. "We, like, talked."

Kevin looked at Betty nervously. "Oh, God."

Kevin walked away to partner up with Moose.

Bash sat next to Betty. "Once again, fate throws us together."

Betty smiled.

Veronica sat with Jessica. "Oh, being with Jessica Andrews, the awesome Andrews."

Jessica smirked.

Moose looked at Kevin. "So, Saturday night."

"Listen, Moose, you're hot, yes," Kevin told him. "My type? Definitely. But you've got more demons than 'The Exorcist'. We're all on the spectrum, but my gay-o-meter says you should stick with what you know best, girls."

Archie, partnering up with Cheryl, sitting in front of Valentina and KP, looked back at Valentina. "I just want to say, I'm really sorry about your brother and the way that your family's been treating you."

Valentina nodded. "Thank you."

"If we can do anything to help..." Veronica trailed off.

"That's sweet, Veronica, but unless you were at Sweetwater River and know who shot Jason..." Valentina trailed off.

"Do, uh, do you know if the police have any leads?" KP asked.

"No," Valentina answered. "But it's only a matter of time. But I think it's someone we all know."

"Right," Jessica agreed.

KP looked at Valentina, gesturing to the frog they had to dissect. "Well, I'm not great at science, but I can take point on this if it's too weird for you."

"Weird, why?" Valentina asked. KP shrugged nervously. "Oh, you mean because my brother is being dissected with a blade, just like this one, possibly at this very moment? Don't worry. I'm fine." She took out the blade, seeing that Cheryl and the two girls from earlier were watching her like hawks, giving them a sarcastic look, stabbing the blade into the frog, dissecting it. "In fact, I'm amazing."

Jughead was listening and watching everything, clearly impressed by the way that Valentina was handling herself and everything.

KP saw that Jughead was watching, giving him a sarcastic look.

~-~

Riverdale Hospital - Morgue

The coroner was working over Jason's body. "Every corpse has a tale to tell. Step closer to the body. There are several morbid details you should find relevant to your article."

Alice walked closer. "What details, Dr. Curdle? What sticks out to you?"

"The marbling of the veins," Curdle answered. "Signs of scavenger activity. Ligature marks on both wrists. And a hint of cryo-necrotic preservation."

Alice handed an envelope of cash to Curdle, taking a closer look at Jason's body. "Small bills, right?"

~-~

Riverdale High School - Outside

Bash, Betty, Kevin and Veronica were walking together toward their table, where Jessica, Valentina, Archie and KP were waiting.

"So, what did Moose want?" Veronica asked.

Kevin laughed. "Oh, my God, I don't even think he knows. I mean, I am devastatingly handsome in that classic, pre-accident Montgomery Clift kind of way, and sexuality is fluid, but can someone named Moose actually be that fluid?"

Veronica laughed. "Okay, well, I ship it."

"Well, of course you would," Kevin told her. "You're a big city girl with loose morals. I just meant that Moose has an official girlfriend, Midge. Anyway, it's terrible to say, but part of me wishes he would just stay in the darn closet." Bash and Betty exchanged a look. "Obviously, I didn't mean literal closet."

They reached their table, sitting down next to Jessica, Valentina, KP and Archie.

"Hey, KP, Archie, any new material you guys wanna try out on your friendly audience?" Bash asked.

KP hesitated. "I..."

"Please?" Jessica asked.

"KP, would you?" Archie asked. "I'd love to hear it, learn from the master."

Jessica looked at Archie knowingly, smirking.

Archie gave her a look that said, 'shut up.'

KP sighed, picking up her guitar. "I'm still working on the lyrics, so... Okay." She started to play an upbeat guitar rift, mellow rock beat. "I'm lost in the memory / Of the place where summer ends / Late night when this town gets small / I'll be running through the streets again / Let's make it hard to hold on / Come on, turn the radio on / And, honey, we'll dance, dance, dance / For the rest of the night / It's better left unsaid / Yeah, come on, play the remix loud / And honey, we'll dance, dance, dance / For the rest of our lives / I'm not ready to go yet / We've got history to forget."

Everyone was very impressed and happy with the song, clapping, mildly cheering.

"Whoo, KP," Valentina told her.

"Told you she's amazing," Archie told them.

"That, she is," Jessica told them. "Damn, girl."

Weatherbee walked closer. "Mr. Andrews." Archie looked up. "If we could have a word in private."

The group exchanged a look.

~-~

Elsewhere

Weatherbee was leading Archie along alone. "You're in a very good place right now, Mr. Andrews. Varsity football, AP music tutorials. This morning, in the hallway, you wouldn't meet my eyes. Why?"

"I was distracted," Archie answered. "I wasn't feeling well."

"Archie, is there's something you want to get off your chest, perhaps about Jason, now would be the time," Weatherbee told him.

Archie maintained eye contact, but he was really nervous.

~-~

Inside - Music Room

Archie walked into the music room to talk to Grundy. "Weatherbee just asked me if I knew anything about Jason."

"And, what did you say?" Grundy asked, standing.

"Nothing," Archie answered. "That I didn't. But he said that if I did, I shouldn't be scared, and he'd make sure I was okay."

"Of course he would, you're his student," Grundy told him.

Archie hesitated nervously, anxiously. "Is this... how you feel about me? Is it real? Because if it's not, then I don't know what I'm protecting."

Grundy nodded. "It is. It is real." She let her hand linger on Archie's. "Maybe it's not right, but it's real. Which is why... we... you... can't go to Weatherbee. If you do that, we will never see each other again. Archie, I'm putting myself in your hands."

~-~

Hallway

Jughead and KP were walking along.

KP was dancing a bit, singing quietly. "Come on, turn the radio on / And honey, let's dance, dance, dance / For the rest of the night / It's better left unsaid / Yeah, come on, play the remix loud."

Jughead chuckled. "It's actually pretty good."

KP smirked. "Thanks. I gotta head to the music room for independent study, but I'll catch you later."

They stopped by the door to the music room.

KP looked in through the window before she opened the door, seeing Archie and Grundy standing very close together, almost kissing, in shock.

Jughead walked closer. "KP? What?"

Jughead saw Archie and Grundy, just as shocked as KP.

~-~ ~-~

Gym

(Song) Let's Go - Headband

The Vixens were practicing their routines for the pep rally. Most of the girls formed an aisle with pom poms as Valentina walked down the aisle in rhythm, doing a few moves, flipping back her hair.

(End of Song)

Cheryl ended the song. "Stand down, Vixens, and listen up. The weather's predicting a downpour the night of the rally, but already, you're raining on my parade. With Jason so present in our collective consciousness, all eyes will be on Valentina, and on me. Will these beautiful, exotic, hothouse flowers drown under the town's scrutiny, or be swamped by their emotions? What do you think, Vallie?"

Valentina rolled her eyes at being put in the spotlight by her sister again. "No. And no."

Cheryl nodded. "That said, I need star power. I need the Pussycats. Stay loose and limber, ladies, while I make a call."

Cheryl walked away.

~-~

Hallway

In the hallway, KP, Jessica, Veronica, Valentina and Betty met up, walking down the hall.

"After that practice, I'll totally need a pedicure," Veronica told them. "I now pedicures are not KP Jones' style, so what about you, Jessica Andrews? Valentina Blossom? Betty Cooper? You in?"

"I'll have homework," Betty told them.

"I gotta talk to Archie," KP told them.

"I'm being overwatched by my family," Valentina told them. "They think I'm gonna snap."

"I'm not in," Jessica told them. "I don't do pedicure if that's what you want."

"Oh, come on Jess," Veronica told her. "Please. Be a friend."

"I'm been an honest friend," Jessica told her, shrugging. "I don't do those stuff. Not me."

KP nodded. "She's right. It's not Jessica's style."

"Just come," Veronica told her. "For me. And I'm not going to take 'no' for an answer."

Jessica rolled her eyes, sighing. "I give up." Veronica smiled, knowing she had won. Jessica looked at Valentina. "I know everyone grieves differently, but Cheryl's hosting a pep rally to cope with her loss. That's either brilliant, or psychotic, or both."

"Yeah, well, brilliant and psychotic is basically the definition of my sister," Valentina told them.

Cheryl walked up to them. "The Pussycats are in. Oh, sorry, ladies, am I interrupting?"

Valentina looked at Cheryl in annoyance. "As a matter of fact --"

Betty tried to stop a fight before it started. "No, you're not."

"Sorry, ladies, can I steal my sister for a second?" Cheryl asked.

"No," Valentina answered. "I'm going."

Valentina sighed, walking away.

Cheryl sighed, walking away.

Veronica looked at KP, Jessica and Betty. "Monstrous family issues."

KP, Jessica and Betty nodded expressively in agreement.

~-~

Pop's

(Song) Forever Mine - Andra Day

Hermione was working as a waitress, serving food, walking toward where Veronica and Bash were sitting at the counter.

"You're doing great, Mom," Bash told her. "Better than us this week."

"Yeah, we're surviving, Bash, by our wits, because that's what we Lodges do," Hermione told him. "If your dad could see us now."

Veronica stood. "He'd say you look stunning in that new uniform."

"I'm going for this Joan Crawford, Mildred Pierce thing," Hermione told them. "Is it working?"

Veronica chuckled. "Definitely. Well, I gotta go meet up with Jessica Andrews. We're going to get pedicures, my treat. It's nice to have a friend that has the chance to do something with me."

Bash frowned. "I didn't think Jess like pedicures."

Veronica smirked. "She's not. I'm kinda made her to." Bash chuckled. "I mean, Betty's busy being the good girl, Valentina's on house arrest because her family has her on lock down, and KP has issues with Archie to deal with. So it's just me and Jessica. I'll see you guys later."

"Bye," Bash told her.

Betty walked in, seeing the Lodges. "Hi."

"Hi," Bash told her.

"And who might this cutie be?" Hermione asked.

"Betty Cooper," Bash answered.

Betty nodded in agreement. "I'm picking up an order."

"Oh, you're Alice's daughter?" Hermione asked. "You're as pretty as your mother was. Uh, I'm sure Bash would happily escort you back home."

Hermione handed a bag to Betty.

(End of Song)

~-~

Street

(Song) Sa Riera - TRO

Bash and Betty were walking down the street.

"Is, uh, your first full week at school doing good?" Betty asked.

"Now that it's officially over, yeah," Bash answered. "It's better than most first weeks. What about you?"

"Being the nice, quiet, goody goody girl is getting on my nerves," Betty answered. Bash laughed. "It's funny, because even if I just met you, Bash, it really feels like we were meant to be friends. Like it was our destiny, and now... things are weird because of the kiss at the Blossoms' house."

Bash nodded. "I know what you mean. But it doesn't have to be weird. Give it time, Betty. That's all we can do. And don't despair. A lot of friends have it a lot worse than we do."

They smiled.

~-~

Lodge Apartment - Veroncia's Room

Veronica and Jessica were getting homemade pedicures, both laughing and smiling, sitting on the bed.

"I knew you'll like it," Veronica told her.

Jessica rolled her eyes, smiling a little. "Yeah, yeah." She looked around. "I like your room. And your whole apartment. It's really cool. I'm not used to the rich stuff." Veronica laughed. "My house is not nearly as cool. But you should come over and see it sometime."

"I'd love that, Jess," Veronica told her.

"You're actually being really nice, Veronica," Jessica told her. "I thought you were the bad girl up in New York."

"I was," Veronica answered. "But Bash made me promise to be better here in Riverdale. I used to have a crush on this guy, but he didn't like me back. We were friendly, but not friends, while he was oblivious and I was pining after him in quiet desperation, walking on emotion eggshells to tell him the truth. And I figured, hey, it's not my fault he doesn't like me. It's not anyone's fault. It's not even his. It's just how it is. Most of the time the people we like don't like us back. Romeo and Juliet were the exception, not the rule. And then I found out what kind of freak he actually was, so I moved on. And I didn't move on with a guy."

Jessica chuckled, nodding. "Yeah, I kinda figured that you had a thing for both girls and guys when you kissed Betty at cheerleading tryouts."

Veronica shrugged. "Well, what can I say? Wronged by a lot of men, but girls always had my back. I don't want to go back to being the shallow, toxic, rich bitch who ruins everything in her path, Jessica."

"Don't feel bad, Ronnie," Jessica told her. "You're not gonna be that girl anymore. And I know this, because I can help you be the you that you wanna be." Veronica smiled in surprise. "How does that sound?" Veronica nodded. Jessica smiled. "Awesome."

~-~

Night - Thornhill Mansion - Valentina's Room

(Song) Rendezvous Girl - Santigold 

Valentina was sitting on her bed, doing homework.

Cheryl walked in, looking at a nearby mirror, wiping excess lipgloss from her lips, looking around. "Your room's so dark and morbid. A lot like you, Vallie."

"Go away, Cheryl," Valentina told her.

Cheryl sighed, turning to face her. "Vallie, I'm sorry I've been such a witchy-witch to you. After Polly and Jason's epic demise, I was angry, at everyone. And you were taking the Coopers' side, so I took it out on you, which was super unfair. Especially since what happened with Jason. So you've been talking to Betty a lot lately. Does she talk about Polly at all? Do you think she knows what happened to Jason, that he was murdered?"

Valentina sighed in annoyance. "I'm not sure."

"What do you think went down between them?" Cheryl asked.

"I don't know," Valentina told her.

"What does Betty say?" Cheryl asked.

"About Jason and Polly?" Valentina asked. Cheryl nodded. "Not a lot."

"I keep thinking that maybe Jason said something to Polly or she said something to him," Cheryl told her. "I mean, didn't they have a big fight this summer, or..."

(End of Song)

"Cheryl, why are you asking me so many questions about Polly?" Valentina asked.

"Because someone shot our brother, and I think it was Betty's crazy, tweaked out sister," Cheryl answered. "And you won't tell me the truth about what happened on the Fourth of July, so I don't know what to think."

Valentina stood, rolling her eyes. "Get out of my room."

Cheryl turned to face her. "Not until you tell me --"

"Cheryl, get the hell out of my room," Valentina told her.

Cheryl sighed, walking away.

~-~

Andrews House - Outside

KP was sitting on the porch of the Andrews house with her guitar, waiting, playing a few chords.

Archie walked up with a bag from Pop's, seeing her. "Hey, KP. What's up?"

KP placed down her guitar, standing. "What's up is I saw you, Archie." She walked down the stairs. "In the music room, with Ms. Grundy."

Archie walked closer worriedly. "Keep your voice down, my Dad's inside."

"I'm trying to help you," KP told him. "I'm trying to be your friend here. How long? You and Grundy?"

Archie sighed nervously. "Since the summer. I like her."

KP scoffed. "So I'm guessing she's the reason you've been acting weird since summer?"

"One of them," Archie answered.

"'One of them'?" KP repeated. "There's more?"

Archie nodded. "We were at Sweetwater River on July 4th. We heard a gunshot. The gunshot."

KP was in shock, looking around. "Archie, you have to tell somebody."

"I told Jessica, but I told her that she can't tell anyone," Archie told her. "Neither can you. If people find out about Grundy..."

"A kid is dead, Archie," KP told him. "Valentina's brother. One of our best friends. And you're worried about some -- some teacher?"

"Okay, she's not like that, she cares about me," Archie told her.

"Stab in the dark?" KP asked. "I'm guessing she cares more about herself. She's the one who's telling you not to say anything, right?" Archie nodded, looking down, ashamed. "Look, I saw you guys, and Jug was with me. She's messing with you. What you have with her is none of my business, I know that. But what happened at Sweetwater River is. You can't ask me to keep that a secret from my best friend. Vallie needs to know the truth. Everyone does."

Archie knew she was right, sighing anxiously. "KP..."

"I knew this guy once," KP told him. "Archie Andrews. He wasn't perfect, but..." She sighed. "He always tried to do the right thing, at least. And he wouldn't ask me to keep a gunshot that might have killed Valentina's brother from her."

KP turned to grab her guitar from the porch, starting to walk away.

Archie grabbed her arm. "KP, wait."

Jessica walked up to the house, seeing them. "Hey, KP. Coming in? We got takeout from Pop's."

KP and Archie never looked away from each other.

"I was just leaving," KP told them, walking away.

Jessica looked at Archie. "What the hell was that about?"

Archie sighed worriedly, anxiously, not knowing what to do. "KP knows, Jessica."

Jessica realized that KP knew about Grundy and the gunshot, looking sympathetic and worried.

~-~ ~-~

Day Three

Morning - Cooper House - Betty's Room

Betty was sitting at her desk, talking to Alice. "Mom, does Polly know about Jason?"

"I told her," Alice told her. "But half the time, your sister doesn't even know what day it is."

"Mom, why were you so against them being together?" Betty asked.

"Many reasons," Alice told her. "That family, everything they touch, it rots."

Betty stood. "Mom, I was thinking, maybe it's time I go visit Polly."

Alice looked nervous about that.

~-~

Riverdale High School - Hallway

Bash and Betty were walking together down the hall.

"There are some things that you are afraid to admit to yourself," Betty explained. "My mother's crazy. I'm afraid I'll never see my sister again. And I'm trying to get to a place with one of my new friends that aren't so weird."

Bash chuckled. "My Mom and Dad can get pretty crazy, too, if it's any consolation. They say sometimes, a friend is better than a girlfriend or a boyfriend. Maybe this is one of those times."

Betty nodded.

~-~

Student Lounge

(Song) Mess Around - Cage the Elephant

Several students, including Kevin, Valentina, Jughead, Archie, KP, Betty, Bash, Jessica and Veronica were gathered in the lounge with Reggie, Moose, Chuck, and others.

"And Sheriff Keller's grilling me Mantle the Magnificent, 'cause I'd want Blossom dead," Reggie told them. "When he was, like, the only good quarterback we had."

Valentina looked away at the mention of her brother.

Jughead, KP, Archie and Jessica watched her reaction knowingly, exchanging a look. Jughead and KP gave Archie and Jessica a look to tell the truth about what Archie heard about the gunshot. Archie gave them a hand signal for them to wait.

KP sighed, turning to Valentina. "Vallie, you okay?"

Valentina looked away. "As okay as I can be surrounded by freaks and psychos. Then again, I'm a freak and psycho."

"You're not a freak or psycho, Valentina," Jessica told her.

Valentina shook her head. "Oh, you don't know that, Jessica."

"And speaking of offensive tight ends, I should've sent the cops to you, Moose," Reggie told him. "Because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river, huh? Or does being with the Sheriff's son give you a free pass? Keller?"

"Reggie's just being a blowhard, Kev," Betty told him.

"I don't care what he says," Kevin told them.

"I mean, let's think about it," Reggie told them. "If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not gonna be a jock, right? Now let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic Internet troll too busy writing his manifestos to get laid?" Jessica saw Veronica was trying to get something from the vending machine but the machine wouldn't take her dollar. "Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak, like Jughead? What was it like, 'Suicide Squad'? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like, after?"

Valentina was getting angrier by the way that Reggie was talking about Jughead and her brother, clenching her fists hard enough to claw into her hands again.

Jughead gave Reggie a sarcastic, bitter look. "It's called necrophilia, Reggie. Can you spell it?"

Valentina smirked, chuckling lightly.

Reggie stood, trying to attack Jughead. "Come here, you little --"

KP pushed Reggie away. "Hey, shut the hell up, Reggie."

"Come on, guys," Veronica told them.

"What do you care, KP?" Reggie asked. "Freak sister has to stick up for freak brother, right? Did you and Donnie Darko kill him together? Was it some sort of pervy, brother/sister thing, Maleficent?"

Valentina was getting even angrier when Reggie dragged in both KP and Jughead about killing Jason.

KP pushed Reggie away from her. Valentina, Jessica and Archie walked closer.

Reggie walked up to KP again, in her face. Archie pushed Reggie away from KP into the vending machine, breaking the glass. Reggie turned to push Archie to the floor, punching him in the face. Jessica pushed Reggie away from Archie, slapping him hard across the face, kneeling next to her brother to make sure he was okay. Reggie walked toward Jessica and Archie to continue the fight.

Everyone stood.

Jughead and Valentina pulled Reggie away from Archie and Jessica. KP punched Reggie in the face.

(End of Song)

~-~ ~-~

Andrews House - Kitchen

Archie had an ice pack to his face where he had a black eye from the fight.

Once he was finished with the ice pack, Jessica took it from him and put it in the freezer.

"You still alive?" Jessica asked.

"Yeah," Archie told her.

Fred walked closer. "Ooh. Who'd you get in a fight with?"

"Reggie," Archie answered. "It's a long story."

"Reggie was trying to suggest that Jughead and KP killed Jason together," Jessica explained. "He was getting Valentina mad, and he tried to start a fight with Jughead and KP."

"So you two got in a fight to defend them," Fred finished.

"Apparently the story's not that long," Archie told him. "You should've seen the black eye KP gave Reggie."

"Oh, when Reggie got into KP's face, Archie shoved him back into the vending machine, which is why Reggie punched Archie," Jessica told him. "So I slapped him hard in the face. And Valentina and Jughead held him away from us, so KP punched him in the face."

Fred chuckled.

Archie hesitated, sighing. "Dad, there's this girl..."

"There usually is," Fred told him.

"But it's not about me and KP," Archie told him. "It's about me and this girl. I think we should do something. And it's the right thing, Dad. But the girl says that if we do, or if I do this thing, it'll ruin what we have. That doesn't make any sense, does it?"

"You know, this is the most honest talk we've had in a while," Fred told them. "And I'm glad that you want to do the right thing. I can see that, even under the shiner. Archie, if you know it's the right thing to do, even though it's tough, even though it might... it might cost you. You gotta do it."

Archie looked at Jessica.

Jessica nodded in agreement.

~-~

Night - Riverdale High School - Football Field

The school and parents were gathered for the pep rally. The marching band was playing, and the Vixens were cheering. Jughead, KP and Jessica were standing by the bleachers.

Archie walked up to where Grundy was standing by the punch table. "I'm gonna come clean with Weatherbee and Keller. I was there. I heard the gunshot and I have to own that."

"Archie, slow down," Grundy told him.

"I'm gonna do it tomorrow," Archie told her. "If you wanna come with me, then we can figure that out. If not, I'll respect that and I'll do everything I can to keep you out of it. I'm sorry, Ms. Grundy, but I have to."

Archie walked toward Jughead, KP and Jessica.

"Girl trouble?" Jughead asked sarcastically. "You?"

"Grundy and me, we're telling Weatherbee," Archie told them. "At least, I am. And also, KP, you were right. I should've done this a long time ago. I'm sorry."

KP nodded. "It's cool."

Jughead looked between them sarcastically. "Are you two gonna kiss in front of this whole town?" Archie and KP smiled, laughing. "Or are you gonna nod like douches and mutually suppress your emotions?"

Jessica laughed. "I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing the sparks between them."

KP and Archie gave Jughead and Jessica a sarcastic look, who both smirked.

"We're good, right, KP?" Archie asked.

KP played coy. "To be discussed, over many burgers, and many days." They smiled. Archie walked away to go join the football players. KP chuckled. Jughead and Jessica smirked knowingly. "What?"

Jughead shook his head in amusement. "Nothing."

Jessica nodded in agreement. "Mmm."

Weatherbee spoke to everyone through a mic on stage. "Now to kickoff this pep rally, I'd like to hand it over to our very own Mayor McCoy."

"Thank you, Principal Weatherbee," McCoy told him. "It is heartening to see so many of you here, even in weather like this. But a lack of heart and school spirit has never been the Riverdale way. Tonight's pep rally isn't like any other we've had in the past, and we shouldn't pretend that it is. Which is why I would like to dedicate this evening to the memory of one of our brightest. Jason Blossom. We're with him tonight. Now please, join me in welcoming to the field, our very own River Vixens, and their special guest stars, my daughter, Josie and her Pussycats."

Josie and the Pussycats took the stage.

Josie started singing and rapping. "Hey, shawty, you're my candy girl / The kind with the swirls." The River Vixens started their routine by marching in the aisle, waving their pom poms. "Oh, so good, baby out of this world / Look so sweet, feel in love with your curves." Betty and Veronica lifted Valentina up onto their shoulders, spinning her around. "Every time you speak, conversation like, sir." Two girls lifted Cheryl up onto their shoulders, spinning her around. "S-U-G-A-R / You ain't her / Oh, honey, honey, put money on that girl." In a line, the Vixens swayed their hips. "Let's keep it in her circle, you everything I deserve / Baby wants her sugar, I'm ready to get served." The marching band played along. "Sugar, oh, honey, honey / You are my candy girl." The Vixens did the aisle again. "And you got me wanting you." Vallie walked down the aisle, dancing. "I saw this girl, I wanna know her name." Vallie raised her arm over her head, turning into a dip, flipping her hair up. "She's got this body, it's driving me insane." Cheryl spun around, twisting her hair around. "'Cause I need a candy girl." Betty, Valentina, Cheryl and Veronica stood in front of a pyramid, dancing, all waving their pom poms. "Her kisses rock my world / More legs, brown eyes, ain't nobody like a fancy girl / Sugar, oh, honey, honey / You are my candy girl, and you got me wanting you."

Cheryl and Valentina joined the Pussycats on the stage. Vixens backed away. Everyone cheered.

Coach spoke through a mic to the crowd. "All right, you all ready? Let's make some noise. Put your hands together for the Riverdale Bulldogs!"

Everyone cheered.

The football team, headed by Archie and Bash, ran through the sign held up by the Vixens, tearing it down. Vallie saw that Bash was wearing Jason's jersey, next to Archie, flashing back to seeing Jason dead on the table, quickly walking offstage, toward the school.

Cheryl turned to try to stop her, but Vallie was already well on her way toward the building.

Everyone was quiet now, watching Valentina head inside.

Jughead, KP and Jessica exchanged a look. KP and Jessica quickly walked off to follow Vallie.

~-~

Inside - Student Lounge

Valentina was sitting down, tears in her eyes, trying not to cry.

KP and Jessica walked in, sitting on either side of Valentina.

"Valentina?" Jessica asked. "Vallie, what is it? What happened? Is it those girls, Cheryl, Reggie all harassing you about Jason?"

Jughead had been looking for them to make sure they were all okay, stopping at the door, staying quiet.

Valentina nodded, wiping her eyes so that she didn't cry. "He's gone."

KP looked at her sympathetically. "I know. I know he is."

"No, you don't," Valentina told them. "You don't understand. He was supposed to come back. And there are things that nobody knows. That I don't even know."

"Vallie, it's okay if you wanna cry," KP told her. "You don't have to be so strong all the time." Valentina scoffed softly, shaking her head, sniffling. "It doesn't mean you're weak. It just means that you lost someone."

"You're not alone," Jessica told her. "It's okay."

KP and Jessica embraced Valentina from either side comfortingly.

Valentina was relieved for them to be there for her, still trying not to cry.

Jughead sighed heavily, not knowing what to do, worried about them, especially Vallie, but didn't know how to help.

~-~ ~-~

Outside

Jessica, KP and Vallie met back up with Veronica and Betty.

"Hey," Betty told them sympathetically. "You guys okay?"

"Yeah," KP answered.

"Well, as okay as we can be," Valentina answered.

"It's okay, Valentina," Veronica told her. "Full disclosure, I've had my share of emotional breakdowns."

"Hey, if you guys aren't doing anything, do you wanna go get a milkshake at Pop's?" Betty asked.

"Betty, I'd love that," Veronica answered. "KP, Vallie, Jessica, you in?"

KP nodded. "Oh, so in."

Jessica smiled. "That part I'm in."

Veronica sighed happily. "Finally, one thing I don't get a 'no' from you."

KP and Betty laughed.

Jessica smirked, rolling her eyes.

Valentina looked down, smiling a little.

They looked at Vallie.

Valentina chuckled lightly, nodding. "In."

~-~

Pop's

(Song) Trouble - Cage the Elephant 

Betty, Veronica, Jessica, KP and Valentina were sitting at their table.

The waiter set out their milkshakes. "Here you go. Four double chocolate and one old-fashioned vanilla."

The girls spoke together. "Thank you."

The waiter walked away.

The girls clinked their milkshakes, drinking.

Jughead, Archie and Bash walked in.

Betty, Veronica, Jessica, KP and Valentina looked at them, chuckling.

"Do you guys want to join us?" Jessica asked.

Jughead nodded, walking closer. "Yes, but only if you're treating."

They laughed.

Veronica offered her hand to Jughead. "Veronica Lodge."

Jughead shook her hand. "Jughead Jones, the third."

The friends sat together, smiling, laughing, drinking, eating.

Jughead: (voice over) "For one shining moment, we were just kids. Those bright neon lights of Pop's keeping the darkness at bay. Giving way, as all nights must, to a morning of reckonings."

~-~

Day Four

Morning - Riverdale High School - Hallway

Archie was preparing himself to go to the office to tell Weatherbee and Keller about the gunshot he heard, but they walked out of the office, down the hall before he could.

~-~

Chemistry Room

The rest of the students were in class.

Weatherbee and Sheriff walked in.

Valentina stood. "You're here for me, aren't you? Because of the autopsy?"

"We don't need to do this in front of your classmates, Valentina," Weatherbee told her.

"It's all right, Weatherbee," Valentina told him. "They'll find out soon enough."

Valentina held out her wrists.

"Now, that won't be necessary," Sheriff told her.

"Wait, Valentina, find out what?" Bash asked.

Valentina looked at Cheryl. "That I'm guilty."

Everyone looked at each other in confusion. Jughead, KP, Jessica, Veronica, Bash and Betty exchanged a look, confused and unconvinced. Cheryl was confused but a little angry.

Jughead: (voice over) "As shocking as those three words were, they were nothing compared to the secrets that Jason's body had given up during its autopsy."

~-~

Hallway

Sheriff and Weatherbee were leading Valentina down the hallway.

Archie met up with Bash, Betty, Veronica, Jessica, KP, Jughead, all of them confused, wondering what had really happened.

Jughead: (voice over) "That Jason didn't die on July 4th, as we believed, but over a week later."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 3.2K 50
━━━ 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒, the cast for riverdale is quite hot, so why not write imagines for them? ©...
392K 18.2K 35
── ❛𝘞𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘻𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘻𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘪𝘤𝘦❜ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙤...
1M 14.9K 169
Riverdale preferences and imagines REQUESTS ARE CLOSED
6.3K 72 15
Valentina Lodge is the fraternal twin sister of Veronica Lodge and they have two very different personalities. When the two girls move to the small t...