Chameleon «Twilight Fanfic»

By Mikaela_Elvery

What sneaky creatures That can change their features An immortal being That's always fleeing Can change to a... More

Chameleon Background
[One: She's Back]
[Two: Old Chameleon New School]
[Three: Fantastic First Day]
[Four: Here To Help]
[Five: I'm Just A Friend]
[Six: Smart And Teasing Chameleon]
[Seven: Love Blooming?]
[Eight: Found You]
[Nine: Royalty]
[Ten: Going Down Memory Lane]
[Eleven: Heart to Heart]
[Twelve: Thanks For The Stay]
[Thirteen: New Friend]
[Fourteen:Home Sweet Home]
[Fifteen: Everyone is Safe]
[Sixteen: New Love?]
[Eighteen: Attack]
[Nineteen: You Care]
[Twenty: New Motions]
[Twenty-one: La Push]
[Twenty-two: Date]
[Twenty-Three: Sunny Day]
[Twenty-four: Finding out]
[Twenty-five: Perfect Date?]
[Twenty-six: Let's save the human]
[Twenty-Seven: Darkness]

[Seventeen: No More Secrets]

2.3K 49 0
By Mikaela_Elvery

" I am trying to be an open box, but I still need my secrets. Even if I say there will be no more."

Chapter 17

The walk turned into a fast run. The trees were a blurred mess as I was feeling the usual change in my features.

Chameleons have natural elongated canines, for predatory and status purposes.  However we don't have them out unless we are challenged by someone else. Another of my personal features is our slightly pointed ears, but most of us hid it.

When I got to the house I didn't shift back.

I'm going to start being truthful now. Let them see my true features. I know so much and been a big part of their history, the least I can do is this. Just not my wings.

I let the rest of my features become what they are meant to be. Smooth and beautiful. My moon birthmark coming through the usual change I have over it.

Walking up to the door, I knocked and braced myself for what I was going to say.

Rosaline opened the door and looked quiet shocked to see me.

"Hey Rose, I thought I ought to open up to you guys. So don't be so shocked to see me like this, I'm just being me." I said while giving her a big smile, my canines in full view.

"Um sure come in." She said moving to the side.

Carlisle came to see who had come over at this time. Hs smile held so much warmth as he gave me a hug.

"Well  I see you're not hiding anything now, so this face is the true you than?"  He asked as he took me in and as he looked at my shoulder.

The jacket I had was in my hands as i let my birthmark out on full display. As for the face it was the one I already had since I was starting to forget how I looked.

"Yes no more mask. I hope it's not weird." I said with a shy smile.

Emmet just came over and said nice ears.

"Marie you can never be weird. I think it's great." She said as she brought me into a tight hug.

"This is why I love this family. You all are understanding and open minded. My kind doesn't like imperfections even if they are a part of us. Like my birthmark and the pointed ears are looked down upon even if everyone has them hidden." I said finally getting it off my chest.

"Well Chameleons seem to be very stupid creatures if they have to fix their born given features. You're kind is extremely messed up if they believe that imperfection are terrible. It just makes you unique. But I'm glad you're opening up Marie." Edward said as he descended the stairs.

"I know Edward. My parent's don't speak out against it because that's how they to think so their subjects just follow their example."

"They're also your subjects. Don't forget you're also a princess." Edwards said as he punches my arm.

"Thanks, but I'm just the missing princess. Also what do you all think of the real me." I said with the big goofy grin.

By this time we have moved to the living  room.

"I say that it's great and it explains why you always have fangs when you're imitating us." Alice said and Jasper nodded in agreeance.

"I think it's awesome and the pointed ears are cool." Emmett said. Rosaline just rolled her eyes at his comment.

"Well Marie I think it's great that you're opening, but may I ask why?" Esme said with concern in her voice.

"No more lies, no more secrets. Just me and the truth. That is why." I said to all of them.

We continued to talk about me and my family and why I decided to leave. I talked through my grief of Eros. I talked about how I first heard of Edward.

"Hey Edward can I talk to you outside up on the roof?" I asked him as I slightly tugged on his shoulder.

He just got up and followed me upstairs and into his room. We climbed out his window and went onto the roof.

"I'm so thankful you have a flat roof." I jokingly say.

Being up here now I begin to get nervous.

"Alright but why did you bring me up here?" Edward said now sounding curious.

"I'm going to show you my most kept secret. I only let my closest and most trusted friends know.

I'll show him first, then maybe the rest.

He just stared at me waiting for me to continue.

I took in a deep  breath. Then I let that usual weight spread on my back and shoulders. I let my beautiful black wings appear.

Edward looked speechless.

"These are my wings. They are everything to me and they are my freedom. Even if I have them as an addition. They can be severed. I can be clipped of my wings and if that happens I can never make them again. My link to them would be severed. That's why I keep them a secret." I said the jumble of words just coming out.

I hadn't realized I started to cry until Edward wiped them away.

"They're lovely and I'm honored to know that you trust me with this secret." There was unusual compassion in his voice as he gave me a hug. He wasn't like his usual self loathing self like when he was around humans at school. 

I spread my wings out and tuck them in. Their usual strain gives me comfort.

He gaves at my wings in awe and he reaches out to touch them.

I shudder at his icy touch. 

"Please don't touch. Your hands are so cold and it tickles." I told him while I moved away from his touch.

"Oh sorry. So are you going to show me them in action?" 

I just replied with a steadying stance, before I launched myself into the air.

The cold air rushed and caught my wings in an updraft. I circled the house before coming back to where Edward was standing. 

He had a bright smile plastered on his face.

"What?" I said also with a smile.

"Nothing it's just you look so free. I can see why you cherish them."

"Yes and I will kept them a secret." I said as I let them disappear with a black most lingering around where my wings were just at.

"So do you wanna head back downstairs?" Edward asked as he pointed over to the ground.

"Last one inside has to eat a rodent!" I yelled as I jump down giving myself a head start.

I was at the entrance before  I was pulled back and Edward rushed in as I fell on my butt.

"Hey cheater! You can't pull someone back if they are going to win." I said being the sore loser that I was. 

"Well you have to eat a rat." He said as he went to give me a hand.

"Actually I said rodent so I can eat a rabbit if I want." I said while sticking my tongue out.

I looked inside and saw that they were all looking at us in amusement.

"Well I guess I should be going."  My cheeks were bright red and I didn't know if I should blame it on my embarrassment or the cold that was just forming.

I turned and started to walk through the woods as the Cullens knew I'd be fine.

Author's Note

Wow two uploads in less than a week. I'm kinda suffering from senioritis at this point. Bad I know, but that means more procrastinating and writing. Hope you enjoy! :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 6K 23
"That was not what I expected when we move here" ° ° ° ° Irene and her twin brother, Tony, move to Forks. The news of two new students spread fast an...
82.8K 5.9K 33
Noah has no interest in the legends his Gran has told him for his whole life. Surely they can't be real. There's no such thing as magic. As shapeshif...
25K 589 11
You think that being an immortal is the best thing ever? It's not. Supernaturals have ruling system just as humans do; however, if the simplest of la...
7.4K 182 53
***fluff*** mpreg? George has been a vampire since birth and the only people that know are John, Paul, and Brian. Both John and Paul are supernatura...