Old Friends, New Beginnings |...

By mayaxwriter

PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushe... More

Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)
Part 2 - Back to Queens
Part 3 - Hey Parker...
Part 4 - Just Friends...
Part 5 - Spider-Boy
Part 6 - Web Fluid
Part 7 - Night Talk
Part 8 - Homecoming Tears
Part 9 - Cloud Nine
Part 10 - Homecoming Game
Part 11 - Dinner Butterflies
Part 13 - Airport Meetings
Part 14 - Just Leave...
Part 15 - I Missed You
Part 16 - Gemini
Part 17 - Tony Stark
Part 18 - Mind Messages
Part 19 - Elise
Part 20 - The Gift
Part 21 - Burns
Part 22 - Partners
Part 23 - Banks and Secrets
Part 24 - The New Guy
Part 25 - Birthday Surprises (Part 1)
Part 26 - Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Part 27 - Questions
Part 28 - Goodbyes and Lies
Part 29 - Drunk from Love
Part 30 - Forget
Part 31 - Ember
Part 32 - Thoughts
Part 33 - Confession
Part 34 - Back Again
Part 35 - Work Lies
Part 36 - Dad
Part 37 - Dinner
Part 38 - Discovery
Part 39 - Consequences
Part 40 - Delmar's
Part 41 - Job Offer
Part 42 - Bottom Bunk
Part 43 - The Ticket
Part 44 - The Call
Part 45 - MJ
Part 46 - Explanation
Part 47 - A Walk
Part 48 - After School
Part 49 - Mom
Part 50 - Reassurance
Part 51 - Meeting
Part 52 - Hero Talks
Part 53 - Safe
Part 54 - Dress
Part 55 - The Last Night
Author's Note & Sequel Tease

Part 12 - "You look perfect tonight"

9.2K 288 349
By mayaxwriter

We open the doors to a gym full of dancing kids, and loud music. I look around to try and find Ned. While searching, I spot Liz with her group of friends. She gives me a mean glare and then walks away.

Peter taps me on the shoulder, "Look, there's Ned!"

I look over and see Ned standing next to a girl with curly dark brown hair. It was pulled back in a low pony tail. She had a flowery dress on and no makeup. We walk over to Ned and the girl.

"Hey Peter and Y/N!" Ned greets us.

"Hey Ned." I say casually looking towards the other girl.

"Oh, Y/N this is Michelle."

"Hey," Michelle says.

I smile oddly at Michelle.

"She's not much of a talker," Ned says to me.

I nod. Peter is looking around nervously.

"Are you OK?" I ask.

"What? Oh, yeah yeah I'm fine."

Peter, Ned, Michelle and I all dance around to fun songs that played. I was starting get tired and told Peter that I wanted to get some water he offered to come with me. We walked to the water cooler and I grabbed a cup and poured some water in it. I took a long sip and Peter grabbed a cup and did the same.

"All right kids, it's time for the slow dance, guys grab your girls and lead them to the dance floor"

Peter looked nervous and turned to me, he held out his hand and said, "May I have this dance?"

I chuckled lightly and grabbed his hand. He led me onto the dance floor as the song began to play. We got to the center of the dance floor and I put my hands on Peter's shoulders and he nervously put his hands on my waist.

I found a love, for me

Darling just dive right in, and follow my lead

Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet

I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Not knowing what it was,

"I will not give you up this time" Peter said along with the music.

I looked up at Peter and blushed. He gave me a warm smile.

Baby I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

When you said you looked a mess, 

I whispered underneath my breath,

But you heard it, 

"Darling you look perfect tonight." Peter said with the music and looked straight in my eyes. I blushed hard and he laughed. I swear I melt every time I look at his eyes.

"So, Spider-Man, what did you do today?" I ask Peter.

"I woke up, and got ready for the dance." Peter replies, "But I couldn't stop thinking about you," He said shyly.

"Same here," I smiled.

We are still kids but we're so in love

Fighting against all oddsI know we'll be alright this time

Darling, just hold my hand

Be my girl, I'll be your man

I see my future in your eyes

Peter took my hands off his shoulders and held one and twirled me around. I couldn't stop laughing. Peter was smiling real big as I put my hands back on his shoulders.

I closed my eyes and tucked my head into Peter's chest.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark

With you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass

Listening to our favorite song

I have faith in what I see

Now I know I have met an angel in person

And she looks perfect

I looked up at Peter and we locked eyes. I felt the entire world disappear except for us. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I gave a small shy smile. I slowly leaned towards Peter's face and began to close my eyes.

I don't deserve this

You look perfect tonight

I felt my lips lock with Peter's and my body became still. I couldn't see or hear anyone. I felt like my mind was gone.

Peter and I slowly pulled away for each other. I shyly look up to Peter and see him smiling.

"Um, we should go find Ned and Michelle," Peter says.

"Oh, yeah." I replied.

We walk to go find Ned and Michelle. I hear Ned whisper, "So, did you kiss her?"

"Yes Ned. Now shh." Peter says trying to get Ned to be quiet.

The four of us hang out for the rest of the night. It was amazing. I never knew I could have these good of friends. I had Elise back in Michigan, but I never felt as comfortable around her as I do with Peter. Back in Michigan, I always felt like I had to wear a mask to be accepted. I don't feel like that with Peter.

When the dance came to an end, all the kids walked out of the gym and went home. Aunt May drove us back to my house. The car ride was awakard and silent.

The car came to a stop at my driveway.

"I hope you had a good time tonight Y/N!" Aunt May said.

"I did thank you." I replied.

Peter opened my door for me and walked me to my door.

"So, um, thank you for a great night. I had a lot of fun"

"Y-yeah, so did I." Peter replies.

I quickly pulled Peter into a hug, "Thanks for being my best friend."

Peter hugs me back, "Your welcome."

As I pull away I look into Peter's dark brown eyes. I close my eyes and lock lips with him for the second time tonight.

When we pull away Peter's face is bright red.

"I really hope May didn't see that." He says.

I giggle and turn to unlock my door, "Goodnight, Parker"

"Goodnight Y/N" Peter turns and starts to walk back to his car.

My door is almost closed when I hear an embarrassed Peter whine, "May! It was just a kiss!"

I smile to myself and close my door.

When I get up to my room I change into a t-shirt and sweatpants. I put my hair into a bun and pull out my phone and call Elise.

"So how was the dance?" Elise says without even saying hi.

"Hello to you too, and it was amazing."

"Did anything happen with you and Peter smooching?"

"Elise!" I say.

"So nothing happened?" She says sadly.

"I didn't say that." I smirk, "Let's just say that the whole world disappeared twice tonight."

"Holy Crap! You guys kissed twice? Well, tell me everything don't leave out a single detail!"

I begin to tell Elise about the dance and the kisses. She squeals every time I say Peter's name. I start to get sleepy and hang up the phone and slowly crawl into bed. Right before I closed my eyes, I was positive I saw someone in a red and blue outfit swing by my window and into the city.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

649K 15.4K 40
❝With great power comes great responsibility.❞ [Highest rank #21 in fanfiction.] STORY REVIEWS: Relatabl...
353 1 26
In this beautiful love story... We have Peter Parker and Y/N. Peter Parker is Spiderman and he lives in the Avengers House (Building) and Tony Stark...
39.6K 1.1K 37
Y/N Y/L/N and Peter Parker are the best of friends, the pair being inseparable throughout high school. Until one day, everything goes wrong. Five yea...
Forever By Ava

Fanfiction

1.2K 62 14
Peter had never been in a relationship before. It was a new feeling, it was perfect. Until it wasn't. Not that it mattered though, he thought it was...