Guarded | Seulrene FF

By RossierX

A brat client vs. A mysterious bodyguard. Where does one curiosity might lead to? PUBLISHED: 8 OCT 2017 COMPL... More

Stalker?
New Bodyguard
Caught Me Curious
A Piece of You
Always Here
Drunken Love
A Hint of Danger
Memories
Heartbeat
The Time I Want To Own
Making a Move
Unfocused
In a Flash
The Encounter
The Back-Ups
Triggered!
A Bitter or Better Day?
My Sad Love
After a Year
Lost
Yojachingu (Girlfriend)
Ddeulgi
A Glimpse of the Past
My Innocent Bear
Road to My Memory
Author's Note
Author's Announcement

Falling

19.4K 811 654
By RossierX

Seulgi’s point of view

“Heol! I’m older than you by 3 years.” Irene stated facepalming herself on the thought that she’s older but initiated those things (Pertaining that night when they were drunk).

“I’m starting to believe that I’m really crazy” Irene whispered to herself but I was able to hear it.

I don’t know why Irene was asking my age. I already knew that she was older than me. But before she could give me a reason, my phone rang.  It was the same person I called because I needed help for something. (Reference chapter 8) But the call was choppy so I decided to step out of the room. I wasn’t getting any proper signal so I went out of the hotel and walked to the park across the street.

*Flashback*

On my day off, after going to the funeral, I went to the restaurant where I worked and visited someone who pleaded for me to come. As I opened the door, the workers greeted me with energy. They were all smiling at me. I really miss this atmosphere. One of the staff walked towards me and pretended to tripped and landed on my arms. It was obvious that she planned it.

“This is the best I could do. I want to hug you naturally but I can’t due to the work’s contract” the girl whispered to me. I smiled at her silliness and hugged her tight.

“Pabo! I’m on day off so it’s okay.” I said back to her as she leans back and stood straight.

“Even so, I don’t want to sacrifice my safety while playing around with a bodyguard” the girl said sarcastically.

“Yah! You never change, Yooa” I complained to her and she just giggled with my reaction. She went inside the counter while me leaning my back in front of the counter looking at the customer. There I spotted some familiar faces. It was Irene with her friends Joy and Solar and also with my replacement for the day, Moonbyul.

Moonbyul saw me and waved at me while giving a big smile. Solar and Joy followed and waved at me as they noticed Moonbyul but my client Irene just looked at me then back to her food.

“Oh. They always go here don’t you think?” Yooa said while looking at them.

“Look at that stupid Moonbyul looking like an idiot staring at one of your client’s friend” She added while seeing Moonbyul looking all happy while guarding. I just shrugged off.

“So you really did come huh? It must be something very important that you agreed on coming here personally.” Yooa mischievously said.

“Yup. Because you were acting childish at the phone so I got no choice.” I reasoned.

“Okay. Okay. So spill it now Ms. Kang” She said cutely while preparing a paper and pen to write.

“Dig anything you can dig from the general police officer named Kim Jonghyun” I said while watching the others on the customer’s area.

“Omo! Since when did you become interested with a police?” Yooa asked because she knew that I don’t trust police at all.

“That’s the thing! She hates police so there must be something serious going on that made her want to know more about them” the girl said appearing beside Yooa.

“Exactly, Jennie (Blackpink)” I agreed and Yooa nodded.

“Hmm.. It will be hard for he is a high ranked police but I’ll see what I can do” Yooa stated.

“So what will I have in exchange?” Yooa added making puppy eyes to me.

“Hmm… Ice cream?” Seulgi suggested teasingly.

“Aiiish. I’m not a kid anymore” Yooa hissed.

“I’m up for Ice cream! I’ll dig the infos instead of Yooa” Jennie said while raising her hand. I smiled at her cute gesture.

“Mianhe, Jennie. We all know that Yooa is the best at penetrating any systems without getting caught” I reasoned then she pouted cutely while nodding.

“but I can treat you today, Jennie” I said because I feel sorry for upsetting her. Her dark face brightens and immediately went at the back to get ready. It was almost time for her shift to finish also.

“Yah! That’s unfair!” Yooa protested.

“You better date me in return” She added. It’s just a friendly date because we are good friends.

“Okay. Okay. But only after I finished my contract” I stated. She smiled as she got the answer she wants. We both chuckled.

“Oh. Look at her. She keeps on glancing at you” Yooa noticed. She pointed at Irene who immediately looked away as we noticed her.

“Should I tell you why?” Yooa whispered to me seductively. I just looked at her in confusion then she suddenly kissed me on the cheek. But before I could say a word, Irene suddenly stood aggressively from her seat while looking at us. I can’t read her face if she’s angry or what.

“There. She’s jealous. She just confirmed it” Yooa stated as she chuckled on Irene’s reaction. I just stood there looking at Irene.

‘Was Yooa right? No way.’ I wondered to my thoughts.

Jennie came and clung to me excitedly as we went out of the restaurant to buy some ice cream.

*End of flashback*

“Hello? Have you got any information?” I asked.

“Yup. It was actually hard to dig up but I was able to search the properties you’ve sent me. The zoo and hotel that you’re in were secretly owned by that General Jonghyun” Yooa stated. It shocked me because the pieces are coming to its places.  But then…

*BOOOOOOM!*

I heard a massive explosion behind me. I hung up the call and slowly lowered my hand to my side as I turn around to see the hotel engulfed with flames and dark smoke coming from the huge explosion. My eyes widened as I realize that the explosion occurred on the same floor where Irene and Wendy are.

I ran faster than I could but the guards blocked my path as they evacuate the employees and other guests of the hotel. I forced to break in and ran through the stairs. I ran until I reached the 4th floor where our room was. But the entire floor was engulfed by flames.

‘DAMN’ I cursed to myself.

I took the fire extinguisher and opened it and tried to kill the flame as I made my way to the room door where Irene was. It was locked. I kicked and kicked it until it broke. There I saw Irene on the floor being unconscious. I rushed to her and shook her to wake up.
“S…Seulgi..” she said weakly upon opening her eyes. I was relieved seeing her gain consciousness. The smoke got heavier as the flames got bigger.   I took a blanket and soaked it in water. I covered Irene and carried her on my back. I was able to avoid the falling objects with flames along the way and ran down the stairs and finally, I was able to reach the exit where medics approached us. I was panting heavily to catch my oxygen then I felt a grip on my shirt.

“S..save her.. Wendy.. Save Wendy.. please..” Irene pleaded weakly while she was being treated. I could see tears forming in her eyes. My priority is my client’s safety, I’m not obliged to save other people like a super hero but I was moved by my client’s request and without thinking I put myself back into danger.

I wore a face mask and took another fire extinguisher as I ran back inside the hotel, rushing to the same spot but it was darker, hotter and the smoke got thicker.

Irene’s point of view

It’s been half an hour but Seulgi was nowhere to be found. I prayed for them to get back safe, for Seulgi to save my manager Wendy but after a few minutes, my faith was broken by a sound of another huge explosion from the hotel.  Sound of glasses can be heard. It made me kneel down to the ground as I felt weak after the explosion.

“Wendy….Seulgi..” I whispered to myself in fear that they didn’t make it.

“SEULGI!!! COME BACK FASTER!!!” I shouted with all my energy but my tears flowed uncontrollably. I covered my face with my hands and cried.

‘I shouldn’t have asked her to go back’ I thought to myself. I cried harder almost giving up that they would show up.

“Look!” one of the fire fighters said. I raised my head to peak and there I saw a figure walking while carrying someone on the back. As the figure gets closer, I was able to get a hold of myself and stopped crying. It was Seulgi who was carrying Wendy on her back covered with wet blanket. Seulgi got some dark marks on her face, arms and shirt but she looks fine and just asked for oxygen as she handed Wendy to the medics.

I approached her slowly, I still can’t believe that they made it, that she’s here standing in front of my eyes. I stopped in front of her then she turned to me and we stared at each other silently.

“Wendy is fine, if that’s what you’re going to ask” She broke the silence but instead of replying to her I inched closer to her and hugged her.

“Thank God you’re fine, Seulgi” I realized that I’ve been calling her by her first name in times of danger or when I’m so worried about her but I like it, calling her by her first name.  She hummed in reply and patted my back.

“Can we stay like this for a while” I asked as I tighten the hug and shove my face on her chest then she hugged me tight.

“Sure” she whispered and let me stayed on her warm arms for I don’t know how long. All the worries and fear I felt were all washed away by her warm hug. I didn’t know what to feel if I lost her that moment. I prayed heavily for them to be safe. I don’t want to lose her so bad. I will forever blame myself if that happened and from that moment I realized…

..That I’m falling in love with Seulgi

---END OF CHAPTER 10---

Hello~
Finally, Irene realized it after all the things she's been acting. 😂

Please vote and comment.  😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 536 43
She was supposed to meet her friend,however,it never got to the point where she could knock on her friend's door.She bumped into her brother's rival...
12.9K 570 20
Through Amy. A story of two women, who found instant connection with each other through a little kid's presence.
13.4K 393 27
Bae Joohyun or Irene a new transferee in (Enter school name). She lost her parents due to some 'accident' her grandmother always says, she has a habi...
6.1K 219 17
Sneaking into enemy territory and trying to steal anything confidential. But ended up losing something more valuable instead No, it's not an action s...