Temptations

By janeslove

"She's changing back to normal. Alright, take her away and don't forget to chain her up and cover her mouth."... More

Temptations
Secrets
Questions
Lost Soul
Never Alone
Be Mine
Hidden
She can Hear
Nice to Meet You
Golden Caramel
Crazy Notions
Dis Me, Kiss Me
Just You and Me
Shards of Hot Glass
A Lost Love
It's Unspoken
It's Unexpected
The Apprentice
He Can't Know
HELLO OUT THERE!!!!! (Authors Note)

Jesse

229 10 3
By janeslove

  *Revised*

"Hurry, get her some place where she can't hurt anyone else!" orders a built, skinny man with short hair.

"Alright, Boss. We'll take her to the Lodge." says the man who is carrying me...

Wait.. how did I get here? Who are these people and what did he mean by "where she can't hurt anyone else"? All I can remember is seeing a group of men huddled around a... a body? Oh no, oh no, oh no, no, no...

Someone passes a light over my eyes. "Boss, I think she is waking up." speaks the man with a flashlight. It's so bright that I shut my eyes immediately, turning my head away with difficulty. "Hmm...interesting." he says to himself.

"Is she stable?" asks the boss, walking over and examining me.

"For now, but we should take her to the lodge to be safe." I open my eyes to see an older man with a trench coat. He must be a doctor because he checks my heart rate then scribbles it onto a sheet of paper.

"Go. And don't forget to—wait, were her eyes always that color?" Okay now I'm confused. I try to ask him what he meant but my throat feels so dry I can't utter a single word.

"No, sir. They were green before and now they are blue." What? No way, he can't be serious... Eye colors don't just change, do they?

"She's changing back to normal. Alright, take her away and don't forget to chain her up and cover her mouth." OH MY GOSH, I'M BEING KIDNAPPED!! "Don't worry, it's for your own good." he says to me, a dangerous glint in his eyes as he holds his hands behind his back. Where is this lodge he's ordered me to? And my eyes are always blue... at least I think they are. Oh, my gosh, I am so going to die...

The man carrying me to a black van sees my panic and confusion and says, "You have no idea, do you?" I can barely shake my head 'no', and his face shows little shock as he replies with: "You, Angela Grace, are a vampire." with that, he gently sets me in the black leather seat behind the passenger side and gives me a comforting smile. He then gets into the van and starts driving away.

WHAT?! 

**********

We've been driving for a while now, maybe an hour, and my hands are hurting from gripping the seats too tightly. I try taking deep breaths to further clear my mind of the fog. 

First of all, these guys are terrible kidnappers if they still haven't tied me up and gagged me. Which means that maybe they weren't trying to kidnap me in the first place. Maybe they have other, more sinister intentions...

A sudden chill runs down my spine. I need to get out of here as soon as possible. Looking down to the door handle, I quietly try to open the door. I frown as I realize that the handle gives, but the door doesn't click. It's probably child-locked along with all the other doors.

Anxiety creeps up from my chest and I breathe deeply to quell it. This is no time for hysterics. I tell myself. Stay calm... stay calm...

I look at the ceiling to find there's no sunroof. It's just a ceiling. I turn to look towards the trunk and see that they've installed some kind of glass barrier to block off the interior. Think, Angela. Think!

I slide to the other side of the seat, right behind the driver, my pulse pounding in my ears.

Sudden movement catches my attention as the driver fixes the rear-view mirror. I freeze.

'Were her eyes always that color?... No, Sir. They were green before, and now they are blue.'

That's not possible... is it? I mean, people change the color of their eyes all the time with contacts. And hazel irises tend to change color depending on what a person wears. Even blue eyes can change shades...

Okay, I guess eye color can change, but to a completely different color? Unlikely. 

A flash of the body I saw earlier passes in my mind, my pulse quickening. Did I hurt that person on the ground? I don't think I'm capable. Unless I really am a vampire and well... I shiver at the thought. If I didn't kill that person, I guess the people kidnapping me have reason to leave me unrestrained while taking me to 'the Lodge'. Otherwise, there's no logical reason, unless they're all psychopaths. In which case, makes everything worse. 

Where is it? What if it's in the middle of nowhere? Or in a forest? or on the other side of the planet?! What happened to my best friend Samantha? Did they take her too? Oh, no, not Sam....

The driver interrupts my thoughts by handing me a bottle of water while keeping an eye on the road. Just then I realize he has green eyes. "You should have some water." he suggests, "I'm Jesse, by the way." 

As he smiles, I can see his sharp canines and white teeth.

I stare at the bottle, not sure if he tampered with it. The more I look at it, the more I can feel how dry and itchy my throat is. That looks sooo appealing...

No! It could be poisoned!!... But... then again... my throat is burning for some water... 

Suspiciously, I take the water and chug it down. It's so nice against my throat that a little moan escapes me. I wonder how he knew I was thirsty.

He chuckles as I give my thanks under my breath, heat rising to my cheeks. I shrink back into the leather seating before bouncing forward again, something occuring to me. I ask Jesse what I've been eager to ask: "How do you know my name?" 

He seems confused but shrugs off his thoughts. "We all do, it's our job to know the name of the newest member of the family." What???

"What do you mean by 'new member'?"

"Well, you're a vampire and so is everybody else you saw. Together, we're a family. You're an addition to the family. That's why I'm taking you to the Lodge, the Family House."

This is too unbelievable. I can't be a vampire! They don't exist!! And if they do, then neither of my parents are and I doubt I get it from my grandparents. 

It can't be true, I am NOT a vampire.

"Why do you keep saying that I'm a vampire, when I'm not?" I ask, irritated that he keeps saying it, fright leaking into my voice. Vampires live on blood, right? I can't even handle the sight of one drop. I literally faint at the smell.

"Look, I'm just here to bring you home. If you don't believe me, that's your problem." Wow, that was kind of harsh. "why don't you look at yourself? See if I'm lying or not." He hands me a mirror. Where did that come from?

Sensing his growing impatience, I decide it's worth everything to look at myself and take a chance with Jesse's words. When I look, I gasp at the sight of pure horror.

My hair is a tangled mess, my face is pale, and my eyes are green. The worst part is, when I glance at my mouth, there's dry blood all around my lips and down my chin. When I smile, I notice my teeth, four small fangs in pairs like stalagmites and stalactites. Two on the top, two on the bottom. How I never noticed, I don't know. All I can think about now, is if I really did kill that innocent man and that... 

I am a vampire.

I feel tears rushing down my cheeks as I start to cry. Knowing that since I am the horrible monster of a vampire, I can't see my family or friends again; I can't put them in danger of myself. I have to die- or at least, stage my death- so nobody comes to look for me. I need to become a different person. 

"I understand how you feel," Jesse begins to talk, "I mean, I've only been a vampire for a year, and I'm still learning how to master my abilities." I look up, my eyes red from the tears, listening to what he has to say as I sniff. 

"Abilities?" I ask with a weak voice, not sure what he's saying.

"Vampires have abilities: unbelieveable agility, sonic hearing, enhanced eyesight and strength. Sometimes vampires have special abilities. Like me, I can read minds." Jesse explains. So he wasn't kidding when he said he understood how I felt. "You know..." Jesse begins with an undecided expression. I guess he chooses not to continue with his thought because he stays quiet.

"...I know what?" I question.

"Never mind I was just gonna tell you..." he trails again.

"Tell me what?" Jesse doesn't answer so I begin to get really anxious and impatient. "Jesse, what aren't you telling me?" I ask in a demanding tone.

"Hey, calm down. It's not like the worlds gonna end or anything." 

"Then what are you keeping from me? Like you said, we're a family, right?"

"Uhh.. Okay. So you know how.......hmm...how the doctor told Boss that your eyes were green?" 

"How'd you know I heard him?"

"I read minds, remember?" Ohhh, right. How did I forget that? Hold on- what does Jesse mean by 'were'?

I quickly reach for the mirror again and see that my features are back to normal. Oh, thank God. "I knew you were curious." Jesse interrupts with a smirk.

"Stick to the subject." I say. Jesse's smile fades.

"Oh, right. There's a legend that states: The ones with the emerald eyes can reshape the being into one of any creature on earth, known and unknown. It's one of the most rare and powerful abilities in the vampire race."

My jaw drops as I realize that I could change into anything I want, and to be powerful is another thing. I close my mouth as I am about to ask Jesse to elaborate on how much power-

"A lot. Vampires were once ruled by an emerald-eyed tall dude with a quick temper. Personally, I hated that guy." Jesse interrupts my thoughts.

 "I thought you'd only been with them for a year."

"I read the history books." he says nonchalantly.

I shake my head. "Anyways, you have green eyes, can you shape-shift?" he gives me a weird look. "That's what it's called, right? Shape-shifting." 

He raises his eyebrows in understanding, his mouth forming an "O". "Oh- yeah when you shift into your vampire form, your eye color shifts too. My eyes are normally green so when I change into my vampire form..." with that, Jesse turns into a vampire, "...my eyes turn into a different color." and his eyes had changed from a green, to a yellow. My eyes widen in surprise.

"Different abilities have different colors. I don't think you want to know all of them right now because you have to meet everybody." Jesse parks in front of the Lodge and changes out of his vampire form. I didn't even notice when we pulled in... or drove off the highway.

"I'm not ready for this" I say hesitantly.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find someone to bond with in a matter of minutes." Jesse smiles as he helps me out of the van.

He shuts the door behind me and walks me to the front door of the Family Lodge. When he opens the door, I gasp because I can't believe who is here.

Sitting on the couch, holding a cup of tea with a worried look, is my best friend Samantha Jones.

"Sam?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 10.8K 23
I screamed at the top of my lungs when he slashed the boy's neck with his claw. The boy next to the dead body stood frozen while he visibly squeezed...
98.3K 5.4K 30
She got me into this mess. She had to play around and get us both captured. That stupid fucking vampire. My pack will notice that I'm gone. But these...
4.6K 723 120
"As his tongue slid in between mine I felt as if I could have melted into his arms. Just from his touch my mind was sent into a dizzy and confused st...
128 34 17
I will kill him. I will mutilate him. I will make him hurt. And he'd never want to be alive again. After Luna was almost murdered by the doppelgänger...