AWAKENING

By nikkihershell

#1 on the billionaire hot list (May 16) Avery Tanner's life is about to change when she saves a young man fro... More

Here Now, Gone Tomorrow
Always On My Mind
Hocus Pocus
Breaking The Rules
Mr. Rude
Triggered
Flashes
Head Rush
Baffled And Beat
Dead Man Walking
Coast Is Clear
The Hacinda
My Little Captive
Breaking Free
Torturing The Truth
A Cry For Help
Beg Baby Beg
Temperamental Cocktails
Rags To Riches
Secrets In The Dark
The Final Goodbye
Ain't No Sunshine
Welcome Home
Just A Dream
Without A Trace
Sorry
The Last Icebreaker
First Time For Everything
Fast Time's
Thing's Fairytales Are Made Of
Camelot Falls
update
Eye Witness
I'm Not Alone
Early Release
Loco B
It Ain't Me No More
Return To The Hacinda
Warrior Princess
Can You Breathe
Severo's Mistake
Scheming Deamon
Severo's Venom
Make A Move
Forgive, Never Forget
Not In The Near Future
Vegas Queen
The True Test
Steamy Truths
But I'm The Princess
Reach For Me, Please
Fool Me Once, Fool Me Twice
Timing Is Always Off
Just Ain't Happening
Ta Da
Wedding Crasher
Mr&Mrs
Sending My Love
Marriage Life
Awakening The Devil
Dead Lines
Up To My Neck
Protector
Back At It
Moving On
The Meeting
Men And Their Deals
It's A Girl
hmmmmm
Who Would Have Thought
Happy Valentine's

Only My Bestie

40.8K 1.6K 215
By nikkihershell

What the hell did I just witness? One moment I was nearly fainting from being robbed, possibly killed and the next my eye's was reeling from watching Rude take this man on without so much as a glitch. It was like watching a scene played out from a movie before my very eye's.

Who was this man I was allowing to stay in my home? What secrets lie behind his normally calm exterior? The voice he used on that man was enough to make my insides coil with fear. Deep and heavily accented, promising certain death, but as he turned to look at me after I stopped him from committing a murder, his features softened and seemed to relax. His cold, black eye's molted back into his sensual, smoldering orbs.

Yes, I was scared of him and he sensed it. Then with word's soft as velvet he spoke. "I would never harm you".

As if I was under his spell I believed him. I barely know him, he doesn't even know himself for that matter, but I believed him. There was something in his body speech that assured me of this. Then he pulled me into him and I was sold. The warmth and strength his body offered a comfort and sense of safety that I was unfamiliar with. His arm's held me tight and immediately relaxed me. It was then that I recognized the difference between a man's touch and that of a boy's.

Sensing that I was becoming too comfortable in his arm's I gently pulled away. Rude tucked me into my car and drove us home.  We didn't speak anymore that night and just ambled into our own sleeping quarter's and ended our night.

The next morning I woke groggily from a restless night of sleep and wrapped my ratty old robe around me. As I entered the kitchen I noticed Rude sitting up on the couch with his head buried in hands. Walking around the counter concerned I asked. "Are you well?"

Looking up at me with pained eye's he spoke softly. "Since the night that Jerry raced in here I've been getting these flashes of my possible past life. Not enough to figure out but enough to catch a few glimpses. Last night happenings have only made them stronger."

Patting his hand I tried to offer encouragement. "I know it must be hard going through all this, but maybe it's a good sign. Maybe your on the verge of breaking into your memories".

He only nodded and I handed him a water and some asprin and started preparing us breakfast. As I was scrambling the eggs a knock sounded on my door. Indicating that it was okay for Rude to answer the door, he rose.

"Honey and butter". I heard echo through my small space and grinned to myself at Lana's obvious surprised voice. Looking over my shoulder I saw her checking Rude out without a ounce of shame and laughed.

Seeing Rude looking at her wondering whom she was and what the hell she meant by saying honey and butter, I offered up. "Rude this is my best friend Lana. Lana this is Rude. Honey and butter is a term she uses when she sees something she likes".

"And mommy likeies". Lana added scrolling her eye's up and down Rude.

Laughing I apologized for Lana's behavior. "Sorry. Excuse my friend while she sexually assaults you with her eye's".

Lana moved along joining me in the kitchen grabbing up a piece of bacon to nibble. Arching her eyebrows she looked at Rude. "Um could you give me and my girl a private moment please?"

Rude stood up and I interjected. "No, no. It's fine really. You don't have to leave".

Rude gave off his devastating grin and threw his hands up. "It's okay. I washed some of my clothes earlier so I'll just run downstairs to check on them".

Before I could say more he jetted out and I was met with Lana's accusing glare.

"What?" I hissed clearly irritated by her intrusive behavior.

"What hell Avery girl. Why didn't you tell me he was a tall drink of vodka?"

"So what? What's the difference if I had?"

Lana gave me her naughty grin and leaned against the counter. "So, you knocked a piece of that off yet?"

"Lana". I hissed tossing my dish rag at her. "No, I haven't and don't plan to either. I'm strictly helping him out duiring a tough time. That's it. No more."

Faining a shocked expression she said in a astonished tone. "You mean to tell me that your holed up in this tiny space with a piece of ass like that and haven't ridden his pony?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying horn dog. Besides, remember my boyfriend Jerry?"

"Sadly I do. Even more reason to smash that. I guarantee just five minutes alone with Mr. Rude and you'll be saying Jerry who? Really, did you see those strong hands on him. I bet he knows how to please a women".

Laughing at my obnoxious friend I admitted. "Yes I admit, he is a walking dream but I'm a faithful woman. And yes I have thought about how he would be in bed but thought only. I would never act on it".

"Girl if your not, i will".

Rolling my eye's I stated. "No Lana. He's got a lot going on right now and doesn't need to be bothered with your sexual advances".

Lana gave me a knowing look and oddly there was a part of me that wanted to choke my best friend for even thinking of bedding Rude. But what bothered me more was that I didn't understand why I felt like that. I shouldn't. It wasn't fair to Jerry, none of this was.

Rude entered the apartment with a basket of fresh laundry breaking my thought pattern. "Everything okay now?" He asked.

"Perfect". I said all cheery.

Lana grabbed the chewest piece of bacon she could find and popped it into her mouth. "Okay girly, I'm heading out. Catch ya at work".

As she passed Rude she drug her hungry eye's over him. "I'll be seeing you with your fine self".

Once the door was closed I buried my face into my hands and groaned. "I am so unbelievably sorry about my friend. Please forgive her, she has no filter".

"No problem. She seems like a lovely young lady".

I snickered. "Yea, she is".

We settled down over breakfast and shortly after I reported to work. Just as I suspected soon as my feet entered the restaurant Lana gave me her goofy grin and asked. "So did you take my advice and sample the goods?"

Rolling my eye's, I fastened my apron and ignored her.

"Oh come on Avery. Look me in the eye's and honestly tell me you don't won't to at least kiss him?"

"Ugh, Lana. You can be so annoying, do you know that?"

"Yes, and it's why you love me."

"Okay. Fine, I admit it, he is a very alluring man and if I were single of course I'd sample his goods but I'm not single."

"Oh, that's right". Lana replied flatly. "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry". She mocked.

Brushing her last comment off I continued. "Besides, Rude is in a tough predicament at the moment or have you forgotten. The last thing he needs is a romantic connection. For all we know he could be a married man".

Lana grinned. "Well maybe if you screw his brains out he'll remember. You know, bang his brains hard enough".

Shaking my head and stifling a chuckle at my gutter minded friend, I hustled off to check in on my customer's.

I had a long shift ahead of me and knew that it would be near midnight before I left this place. To make matters worse rain had set in which called for a slower than usual night.

Around ten I decided to take my last break between customers and was just about to step in the back when I heard the bell jingle on the door. Deciding to greet these customers before taking my break, I turned and was shocked to see Jerry.

Smiling, I headed his way. "Hey Jer, what's up?"

"We need to talk Avery".

Seeing a how stressed he seemed I nodded my head. "Okay. I was just about to go on break."

Deciding it would be best to step outside from prying eye's I grasped his hand. "Let's chat outside on the bench".

Taking a seat I asked. "Is everything okay?"

"No Avery, it's not. This Rude guy has to go. It's not right him staying at your place".

"I understand your feelings Jerry but I can't just toss him out."

"Why the fuck not? Are you fucking him?"

Pulling back to look at him I was astonished. Never had Jerry took that tone with me or spoken so crudely.  "Whoa Jerry. That was uncalled for".

I started to stand. "We should discuss this later after you've calmed down".

Before I could completely stand he gripped my arm harshly. "Ow, that hurts. Let me go".

"I mean it Avery. He has to go."

Jerking my arm free I hissed. "I'll talk to you later" and stormed inside. Thankfully I still had a few minutes on my break so I grabbed me a much needed coffee. My mind swirled over Jerry's actions tonight and I tried to come up with solutions for Rude but there was none.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 43.6K 45
"I-I should be heading to my room now." I told him not in anyway ready to face him. "Turn around." He instructed. "Your fiancee may w-wake up soon to...
409K 8.2K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...
289K 7.2K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
525K 24.9K 48
What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her back by Miguel's heartless frenemy?? Mi...